Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

dilandinar (My OWN bank story 1/11/12

trooper

dilandinar (My OWN bank story): OOM 1/11/12

January 11th, 2012 05:22 pm ·

My husband went to our local bank earlier this afternoon to let the manager know we are expecting (praying/hoping) to be wiring a large amount of money into our account after cashing in the Iraqi Dinar, trying to avoid having any hold on the money. She told him that the bank can hold money coming in and that this is just a big scam.

He was a bit disappointed and my feeling was that it is time to find a different bank or branch with which to work! About two hours later, while shopping with my granddaughter, the bank manager called my cell (my husband couldn’t remember his new number, so gave her mine). She said that after talking with my husband, she called the bank’s foreign currency dept, then stopped and interrupted herself by saying, “Now, you understand, we won’t be cashing in the dinar?”, I told her I understand that but just don’t want to have a hold on funds coming in from the exchange. She then said, “I was told that if you are wiring in the funds from cash-in and we confirm they are U.S. dollars, you will have immediate access.”

HUMMMMMMMMMMM. I found it interesting that SHE called ME to tell me this and that evidently, the foreign currency dept. has a different opinion of this than she does. Just wish they would have given her a date and rate & that I had thought to question her more about the foreign currency dept’s take on all this!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

My husband went to our local bank earlier this afternoon to let the manager know we are expecting (praying/hoping) to be wiring a large amount of money into our account after cashing in the Iraqi Dinar, trying to avoid having any hold on the money. She told him that the bank can hold money coming in and that this is just a big scam.

He was a bit disappointed and my feeling was that it is time to find a different bank or branch with which to work! About two hours later, while shopping with my granddaughter, the bank manager called my cell (my husband couldn’t remember his new number, so gave her mine). She said that after talking with my husband, she called the bank’s foreign currency dept, then stopped and interrupted herself by saying, “Now, you understand, we won’t be cashing in the dinar?”, I told her I understand that but just don’t want to have a hold on funds coming in from the exchange. She then said, “I was told that if you are wiring in the funds from cash-in and we confirm they are U.S. dollars, you will have immediate access.”

HUMMMMMMMMMMM. I found it interesting that SHE called ME to tell me this and that evidently, the foreign currency dept. has a different opinion of this than she does. Just wish they would have given her a date and rate & that I had thought to question her more about the foreign currency dept’s take on all this!

I really find it hard to believe that people are that freakin stupid to go to a bank and blat that crap out. It really takes nerve. I don't believe that garbage anyway. I think they are pumpers. get a life. Go RV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Why is this posted? What's the matter with you? this isn't entertaining or informative, it's just stupid!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

WOW I just love these bank stories they get better every time I read one... :lol:

• Upvote 2

Personally, I agree that it is interesting that somebody would call Trooper back. I will say, that my wife and I set up an account at BOA awhile back so we had an account in the event of a cash-in. After the first month they charged us a $15.00 fee for our savings account of $100 which reduced it to $85.00. We only deal with credit unions for our personal banking as I hate the "major" banks, but mistakenly thought we needed to be established with a "major" bank in the event of a cash-in. When we closed the account, I told them I really didn't need to pay that kind of extortion for the pleasure of being their customer. I could do better on the street with the Mafia as their "vig" was less. I am confident that at the time we can hopefully all benefit from this investment that all the "bank" preparation will not be necessary. I am no expert by any means, but common sense seems to me that just like any recognized currency, once this occurs it will be no different than when I exchange Canadian dollars for US dollars after I retuen from trips to Canada. jmo.