Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Your Broker and ISX Experience

Cam1

I am interested to hear from members about their personal experiences with the ISX and/or using a broker to invest in the ISX. I'm curious about the process and how long it took to execute buy/sell orders and how the accounts were set up. There's been a lot of talk about certain brokers or banks not being responsive...I'm just trying to get an accurate picture of the available options.

There are people on DV from all over the world, and maybe you have info another member could use - by all means, share. Someone could use that info. Way I see it, we're in this together.

Its fine to name who you use, give your opinion, and list contact info for the benefit of everyone reading BUT per Adam's rule, DON'T push someone in a certain broker's direction, don't ask to be referenced if someone chooses to use your broker. And if you make investment decisions based on someone's opinion, please understand that you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK.

IN ADAM's WORDS:

"I believe everyone should share their experiences about the ISX, I too am a huge proponent of it.

What is NOT allowed is requesting emails, PMs, or requesting that you use any one broker over another. It is DEFINITELY not ok to ask that you are mentioned when contacting these brokers - there's simply too much room for foul play and it opens the doors to things that are not allowed here.

Share information, experiences, etc, but do not promote other sites or specific brokers."

The point of my post is info sharing. TIA!

GO RV!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I use Aljazeera for a Broker. Great email response. They respond to my emails very quickly. It did cost me a hundred USD to wire funds to them though to invest on the ISX because it is an out of country wire and two banks involved. When I wired money to my warka account, when I opened it, it was only about forty dollars because they use citibank as a "hub" bank in new york therefore it is an in country wire as far as my bank was concerned. I have a trading account number for the ISX through warka and Aljazera but warka is just so slow to respond to emails. When the telecommunication IPOs hit I want a broker who can act quickly so I am using Aljazera. Who by the way should have a website up and running in the next couple of weeks according to the emails that they have been sending me in response to my questions to them. One of the main reasons everyone has been using warka is because of the ability to see there stocks online through their e-banking services. I even told Aljazera that there name was misspelt on the ISX website, it was spelt Aljazeera, and they said they knew about the situation and that they had sent multiple emails to the ISX to resolve the problem and since it still had not been resolved that they would send an employee over there in person to correct the spelling. If you will look on the ISX website it has been corrected. They said they were started in 1992 when it was the Baghdad Stock Exchange and they are still in business. They email all documents as soon as they process your buy order. Everything from my standpoint thus far has been nothing but top notch.

Just opened ISX Account via Aljazera Brokerage without going through Arab American Chamber of Commerce. As others mentioned, it was a breeze opening an account.:)

Please make it easy on me and link the steps to use Aljazera Brokerage to get going on ISX... I just googled Aljazera Brokerage and that did not give desired results.

Okay, I found this thread with their contact email :

What I don't get is how anyone has concluded that this is anything but some guy with an email address that sends out related correspondents to get you to keep sending him money?

All I see is an email address...How did anyone even start using this service?

Where can I research Aljazera Brokerage?

• Upvote 1

Okay, I found this thread with their contact email :

What I don't get is how anyone has concluded that this is anything but some guy with an email address that sends out related correspondents to get you to keep sending him money?

All I see is an email address...How did anyone even start using this service?

Where can I research Aljazera Brokerage?

Maybe this will help you a little bit. All of them over there could be a bernie madolf but I don't think that is the case. Email the iraq stock exchange and question them ( something I have not done yet). If you do please post your findings. What is below is from an old post of mine.

I use Aljazeera for a Broker. Great email response. They respond to my emails very quickly. It did cost me a hundred USD to wire funds to them though to invest on the ISX because it is an out of country wire and two banks involved. When I wired money to my warka account, when I opened it, it was only about forty dollars because they use citibank as a "hub" bank in new york therefore it is an in country wire as far as my bank was concerned. I have a trading account number for the ISX through warka and Aljazera but warka is just so slow to respond to emails. When the telecommunication IPOs hit I want a broker who can act quickly so I am using Aljazera. Who by the way should have a website up and running in the next couple of weeks according to the emails that they have been sending me in response to my questions to them. One of the main reasons everyone has been using warka is because of the ability to see there stocks online through their e-banking services. I even told Aljazera that there name was misspelt on the ISX website, it was spelt Aljazeera, and they said they knew about the situation and that they had sent multiple emails to the ISX to resolve the problem and since it still had not been resolved that they would send an employee over there in person to correct the spelling. If you will look on the ISX website it has been corrected. They said they were started in 1992 when it was the Baghdad Stock Exchange and they are still in business. They email all documents as soon as they process your buy order. Everything from my standpoint thus far has been nothing but top notch.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=12&t=96555&qpid=795232#ixzz1iPbHAGOt

Please make it easy on me and link the steps to use Aljazera Brokerage to get going on ISX... I just googled Aljazera Brokerage and that did not give desired results.

I received my ISX Account within 3 days. I emailed Mr. Karim three items as required per his email below. I did not even have to go through American Arab Chamber of commerce for Authentication.

Dear jstdoit,

Thank you for contacting Aljazera Brokerage to invest on the ISX. To open an ISX account via Aljazera Brokerage , you need to send us as attachments the following :

1 . a copy of your passport notarized by a Notary Public in your area,

2 . a completed Application Form 1.A , and

3 . a completed Application Form 2 . Please complete only the first section of this Form on " Individuals " and sign it. Ignore the other sections of the same Form. We send Application Forms 1.A and 2.

We expect to secure an ISX account for you 1-2 days after the official submission of your papers by us. We shall then send you a scan of your account and further information on how to send a wire transfer of funds from your bank abroad and how to send a buy order .

Please note that you cannot transfer money to us from your Warka Bank accounts. Also note that there will be no ISX trading sessions from 21 December - 2 January.

We look forward to receiving your three documents soon.

Best regards,Hasan A.L.Abdul-Karim,

CEO,

Aljazera Brokerage Company.

I received my ISX Account within 3 days. I emailed Mr. Karim three items as required per his email below. I did not even have to go through American Arab Chamber of commerce for Authentication.

Dear jstdoit,

Thank you for contacting Aljazera Brokerage to invest on the ISX. To open an ISX account via Aljazera Brokerage , you need to send us as attachments the following :

1 . a copy of your passport notarized by a Notary Public in your area,

2 . a completed Application Form 1.A , and

3 . a completed Application Form 2 . Please complete only the first section of this Form on " Individuals " and sign it. Ignore the other sections of the same Form. We send Application Forms 1.A and 2.

We expect to secure an ISX account for you 1-2 days after the official submission of your papers by us. We shall then send you a scan of your account and further information on how to send a wire transfer of funds from your bank abroad and how to send a buy order .

Please note that you cannot transfer money to us from your Warka Bank accounts. Also note that there will be no ISX trading sessions from 21 December - 2 January.

We look forward to receiving your three documents soon.

Best regards,Hasan A.L.Abdul-Karim,

CEO,

I could be wrong but I thought TrinityExchange said that you could open it but that they expected you to get the documents to contain the seal from the AACC back to them before you can wire and trade. He posted it on one of the threads

Oh, by the way any Canadians that are doing this, you can send them to the American Arab Chamber of Commerce address also. I called them and spoke to a very nice man and he told me to follow instructions on their website and that he had many Canadians sending documents to them for the ISX application.

Edited by Goldiegirl

I could be wrong but I thought TrinityExchange said that you could open it but that they expected you to get the documents to contain the seal from the AACC back to them before you can wire and trade. He posted it on one of the threads

I thought the same. So I asked Aljazera if I needed AACC authentication and you can see the response below:

Dear jstdoit,

Thank you for your email. We do not require any other documents

authenticated by the Arab American Chamber of Commerce.cleardot.gif

Best regards,

Hasan A.L.Abdul-Karim,

CEO,

I thought the same. So I asked Aljazera if I needed AACC authentication and you can see the response below:

Dear jstdoit,

Thank you for your email. We do not require any other documents

authenticated by the Arab American Chamber of Commerce.cleardot.gif

Best regards,

Hasan A.L.Abdul-Karim,

CEO,

Well, that saves a whole lot of time and expense if you don't have to send it to AACC.

So you only sent him your paasport that was notorized along wtih the 1A application ISX form?

What about the form Adam has that has a place for your signature 3 times?. That is a notrorized document that Warka requires. Are you saying you didn't need that one?

So you sent Ajlazera just the scanned versions of your documents? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for your help.

Goldiegirl

Hi jstdoit,

I have sent all my documentation in an email to Abdul-Karim just now so I will ask him as well if any of my documents need to be authenticated by the AACC.

I'll keep this post updated on my results. Again thank your for your help.

jstdoit,

Looks like iindividuals don't need authentication from AACC. I asked Aljazera Brokerage and recieved he following email 11:20 pm Iraq Time. :)

Dear Miss Goldiegirl,

To set up an ISX trading account for an individual investor ( not a company ) , one only needs to send as attachments in an email :

1 . a color copy of the passport notarized by a Notary Public ,

2 . a completed Application Form 1 A , and

3 . a completed Application Form 2 .

No further documentation or authentication is required . However , opening a brokerage account for a company or LLC requires more documents , more notarization , and authentication from the State Department , the Iraqi Embassy , and the Arab American Chamber of Commerce.

Best regards,

Hasan A.L.Abdul-Karim,

CEO,

Edited by Goldiegirl

Maybe this will help you a little bit. All of them over there could be a bernie madolf but I don't think that is the case. Email the iraq stock exchange and question them ( something I have not done yet). If you do please post your findings. What is below is from an old post of mine.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=12&t=96555&qpid=795232#ixzz1iPbHAGOt

What are minimum deposits/share purchase requirements with Aljazera Brokerage Company. Warka requires a 200,000 minimum share purchase. Please advise. Gratefulness applied. Also. We have our ISX assigned trading number. We assume this should be sufficient evidence to switch our account with little or no paper work. Yes. No. Thank You.

I even checked the CBI web site and they don't show a Al Jazera Brokerage Company or bank. They do show Warka of course however if people are having better luch with Al Jazera I would like to try it. My concern is I can't seem to find any info on them at all. Thanks for any help.

Could someone please provide a link for Al Jazeere Brokerage Co.? I have tried every search engine out there and cannot find them.

I don't beleive they have a website yet but they are listed in the list of brokers here. http://www.isx-iq.net/isxportal/portal/brokerListContainer.html?currLanguage=en

Mr. Hasan Abdul- Latif Abdul-Karim

aljazeraco@gmail.com

I just emailed him regarding a new account.

What are minimum deposits/share purchase requirements with Aljazera Brokerage Company. Warka requires a 200,000 minimum share purchase. Please advise. Gratefulness applied. Also. We have our ISX assigned trading number. We assume this should be sufficient evidence to switch our account with little or no paper work. Yes. No. Thank You.

There is no minimum purchase.

Yes you will need to send him PDF's of your documentation. You can email him and ask him what he needs. I sent him a notarized colored passport, the page with my 3 signatures which was also notarized (which I believe was overkill )and a completed IA form. Then he emailed me back and requested I complete application 2 form.

These forms are somewhere on a post but I can't seem to find it now. I'm sure he will send them to you anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing everyone.

I have started the 'new account' process with Aljazera and from the first email have been super impressed by Hasans customer focus!!

One question I have; sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, for the people who have ordered, once you action / complete an order through Aljazera what receipt or stock certificate do you get to prove ownership?

What in your experience was the turnaround time?

Thanks in advance,

S

I just placed my 2nd order with Hasan and both were smooth. I filled out the order form, scanned it and sent it to him via email (in our evening). I received confirmation and scans of my transactions the following afternoon. He is very careful to wirite in your account balance and interpret anything that is not in English. His customer service is better than I receive here in the US. I asked him some outside the box questions and he was very rapid and correct on his response. I hope that the relationship that is started will last for a long time.

Thanks Domeman.

pluMmet - I just sent off my docs via email last night, this morning I received an email from Hasan confirming receipt of those docs, in a previous email to me he had said;

'We expect to secure an ISX trading account for you 2-3 days after the submission of your three documents by us .

We shall then send you a copy of your account and further information on how to send a wire transfer of funds from your bank abroad and how to send a buy/sell order .

We shall send you copies of all documents relevant to your account in the future '

I will keep you guys posted as to what happens next.

Cheers,

S