Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama’s U-Turn On Indefinite Detention Bill a “Historic Tragedy” For Rights

Scrumdiddles

Human Rights Watch has labeled President Obama’s U-turn on his decision to veto the NDAA bill, which empowers the government to indefinitely detain Americans without trial, a “historic tragedy for rights,” but should we really be surprised given the fact that it was Obama’s White House which ensured language that would have protected U.S. citizens was removed from the bill in the first place?

With the House passing a revised version of the bill last night and the Senate set to follow, Obama could sign the legislation into law before the end of the week after the White House dropped its threat to veto the National Defense Authorization Act, which under Section 1031 empowers the government to arrest Americans and hold them in a detention camp with no legal recourse.

“By signing this defense spending bill, President Obama will go down in history as the president who enshrined indefinite detention without trial in US law,” said Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch. “In the past, Obama has lauded the importance of being on the right side of history, but today he is definitely on the wrong side.”

HRW describes Obama’s about-face as a “historic tragedy for rights”.

The ACLU strikes a similar tone, warning “it will damage both his legacy and American’s reputation for upholding the rule of law,” if Obama signs the bill.

HRW and the ACLU’s opposition to the bill is commendable, but in none of their press releases does it point out that it was Obama’s White House itself which demanded language be removed from the original version of the bill that would have protected U.S. citizens from its most dangerous provisions.

Obama’s veto threat was never about stopping detention without trial of American citizens, it was about ensuring that the federal government didn’t completely hand such powers over to the U.S. military, and enshrining into law Obama’s unconstitutional policy of targeting Americans as terrorists without the legal requirement to offer any proof.

Indeed, as the bill’s co-sponsor Senator Carl Levin said during a speech on the floor last week, it was the Obama administration that demanded the removal of language that would have precluded Americans from being subject to indefinite detention.

“The language which precluded the application of Section 1031 to American citizens was in the bill that we originally approved…and the administration asked us to remove the language which says that U.S. citizens and lawful residents would not be subject to this section,” said Levin, Chairman of the Armed Services Committee.

“It was the administration that asked us to remove the very language which we had in the bill which passed the committee…we removed it at the request of the administration,” said Levin, emphasizing, “It was the administration which asked us to remove the very language the absence of which is now objected to.”

Proof Obama Will Sign NDAA 1031 Citizen Indefinite Detention Law in a Few Days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jHaJrnlqCgo

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It was Obama’s White House itself which demanded language be removed from the original version of the bill that would have protected U.S. citizens from its most dangerous provisions.

So, the Dictatorship enters it's beginning stages. This is so dangerous to this country.

Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.

-Mohandas Gandhi

• Upvote 2

I have a confession to make. I have never registered to vote and I am over 50. That has changed. I will register vote for this next presidential election so I can do my part for Ron Paul. If this thing RV's I will donate to his campagn to help spresd the word before this country goes down. Let democracy do its job!! Who is with me?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have a confession to make. I have never registered to vote and I am over 50. That has changed. I will register vote for this next presidential election so I can do my part for Ron Paul. If this thing RV's I will donate to his campagn to help spresd the word before this country goes down. Let democracy do its job!! Who is with me?

I'm with you 100% buddy!! Spread the word. Ron Pauls got it in the bag!

I'm glad you posted this....I posted something similar last night, but most people who read my post thought I was just paranoid. The bill passed, POTUS has backed down in regard to his veto threat, so it will go into law. We (American Citizens) really have lost our right to due process!

I am NOT saying this will happen...but do you realize that once this bill is in effect, POTUS can have every single Dinar purchaser detained indefinitely (and confiscate our Dinar to boot)? Dinar is from the Middle East....the terrorist we fight are from the Middle East. Thus, our Dinar purchase links us to the Middle East which by NDAA definition, links us to terrorist. Again, I'm not saying this will happen! I'm saying it CAN now that NDAA will become law.

So, thanks again for your post! Let us hope we get a President (soon) who is more concerned about our great country and it's constitution than about his job...

Go RV! :D

And by the way, Mojack...go here to read the language yourself...you'll see this is real.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h1540/show

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm glad you posted this....I posted something similar last night, but most people who read my post thought I was just paranoid. The bill passed, POTUS has backed down in regard to his veto threat, so it will go into law. We (American Citizens) really have lost our right to due process!

I am NOT saying this will happen...but do you realize that once this bill is in effect, POTUS can have every single Dinar purchaser detained indefinitely (and confiscate our Dinar to boot)? Dinar is from the Middle East....the terrorist we fight are from the Middle East. Thus, our Dinar purchase links us to the Middle East which by NDAA definition, links us to terrorist. Again, I'm not saying this will happen! I'm saying it CAN now that NDAA will become law.

So, thanks again for your post! Let us hope we get a President (soon) who is more concerned about our great country and it's constitution than about his job...

And by the way, Mojack...go here to read the language yourself...you'll see this is real.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h1540/show

I just had an image of Beach goers finding tons of Dinars floating and on shore at their local beaches.

• Upvote 1

http://www.opencongr.../112-h1540/show

If you do not own dinar they cannot make any charge that you have dinar. However, with this bill it does not matter whether you have a foreign currency, studied Russian, had graduate courses in Brazil, or own a Nissan. They don't need a reason just an excuse.

Elaborate Troop - you believe Limbaugh?

Here's some elaboration... I believe Limbaugh...

The alleged forgeries have raised the question whether the Obama campaign actually filed the necessary number of signatures, 500 from the county, to get on the state's primary ballot. The 534 signatures that were certified to place Obama's name in contention, were never challenged. 704 signatures were certified for Clinton, according to state elections officials. An estimated 150 of the signatures on both petitions may be fakes, leaving open the possibility that, in at least President Obama's case, the number of legal signatures that were required to get on the ballot was not reached.

Several voters told Fox News that they never signed nor gave their names that appeared on the Obama petitions.

"It's scary," Charity Rorie said, adding that her signature and name, and those of her husband, were faked.

"It's shocking ... it definitely is illegal.”

The Democrats will commit fraud or intimidation or whatever they have to to stay in power. Shameful, truly shameful.

My link

Edited by DinarMillionaire
  • Upvote 3

Did not the GOP controlled house and Dem Controlled Senate sign off on this bill to detain american citizens involved in terrorist activities for an indefinite time period. Key word TERRORIST OR TERRORISM. Now we have some opinions tossing in Dinar Owners. Keep on believing folks. Fire away on those negatives as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did not the GOP controlled house and Dem Controlled Senate sign off on this bill to detain american citizens involved in terrorist activities for an indefinite time period. Key word TERRORIST OR TERRORISM. Now we have some opinions tossing in Dinar Owners. Keep on believing folks. Fire away on those negatives as well.

I don't trust what you are saying, i dont believe what you are saying, and i really dont care what you are saying. Oh, "in all do respect", or something like that. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Here's some elaboration... I believe Limbaugh...

The alleged forgeries have raised the question whether the Obama campaign actually filed the necessary number of signatures, 500 from the county, to get on the state's primary ballot. The 534 signatures that were certified to place Obama's name in contention, were never challenged. 704 signatures were certified for Clinton, according to state elections officials. An estimated 150 of the signatures on both petitions may be fakes, leaving open the possibility that, in at least President Obama's case, the number of legal signatures that were required to get on the ballot was not reached.

Several voters told Fox News that they never signed nor gave their names that appeared on the Obama petitions.

"It's scary," Charity Rorie said, adding that her signature and name, and those of her husband, were faked.

"It's shocking ... it definitely is illegal.”

The Democrats will commit fraud or intimidation or whatever they have to to stay in power. Shameful, truly shameful.

My link

... it's all the same. nothing changes. you're on top of it. Thx

One of our State Senators , Renee Elmers, signed the bill,angry.gif people were freaking out on the radio this afternoon. She ran on the " I will change the way

things are done in D.C. " baloney...........yep, they got to her too...js Doesn't matter which side you are on, they all have the same ideas......restrict the

citizens so they can run amuck

• Upvote 1

One of our State Senators , Renee Elmers, signed the bill,angry.gif people were freaking out on the radio this afternoon. She ran on the " I will change the way

things are done in D.C. " baloney...........yep, they got to her too...js Doesn't matter which side you are on, they all have the same ideas......restrict the

citizens so they can run amuck

I am beginning to wonder iif they want a revolution???? Even Alan West the new promising congressman from Florida thought this was a good idea. This man served in the military one would think he would know better. What the heck is in the water in DC?

• Upvote 1

It was Obama’s White House itself which demanded language be removed from the original version of the bill that would have protected U.S. citizens from its most dangerous provisions.

So, the Dictatorship enters it's beginning stages. This is so dangerous to this country.

Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.

-Mohandas Gandhi

Somehow I don't think our military would go along with this, I think 280 million people need to rise up.

I don't trust what you are saying, i dont believe what you are saying, and i really dont care what you are saying. Oh, "in all do respect", or something like that. :twothumbs:

[/quote)

LOL if you did not care you would not have responded just because you post a theory does not make it right. You left out the key words sir. Some folks on hear actually believe what i am saying and laugh at what you are cutting and pasting. More Fear spreading is all what you are TRYING to incite.

• Upvote 1

LOL if you did not care you would not have responded just because you post a theory does not make it right. You left out the key words sir. Some folks on hear actually believe what i am saying and laugh at what you are cutting and pasting. More Fear spreading is all what you are TRYING to incite.

I am happy for them. Everybody is entitled to there own opinion. Yep, be very :unsure: scared, the :ph34r: boogie man is going to get you. :unsure: be very scared he will do crazy things to you. It really is simple, don't read it. Duh. If it upsets you that much, go see a psychiatrist. I am not trying anything, i pretty much just doing it. I am past the whole trying stage. Oh yea, "sir". I hope you feel better now you got your sir.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1