Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

As you Open Your Pockets!!

rw.sutton

As you open your pockets for the next natural disaster, please keep these facts in mind: · The American Red Cross President and CEO Marsha J. Evans salary for the year was $651,957 plus expenses · The United Way President Brian Gallagher receives a $375,000 base salary along with numerous expense benefits. · UNICEF CEO Caryl M. Stern receives $1,200,000 per year (100k per month) plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE . Less than 5 cents of your donated dollar goes to the cause.MAYBE GOING "GREEN" INSTEAD AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE IT WILL DO SOME GOOD: · The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a small salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization. 96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause. · The American Legion National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth! · The Veterans of Foreign Wars National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth! · The Disabled American Veterans National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth! · The Military Order of Purple Hearts National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth! · The Vietnam Veterans Association National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth! FYI…..You may want to share this information with others. It’s up to you.

• Upvote 4

Why help third world countries, when America has many children, and families in need that cannot get help because of discrimination. Take for instance the woman who shot her children, and killed herself because of evil racist case workers not giving them food stamps. Look at all the illegals on food stamps, and drawing welfare they are not even entitled to. I think the creator GOD has something to say about that:

1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Those case workers are racist infidels, and that is a fact.

• Upvote 1

Sorry...the information posted is inaccurate. Forbes has a efficiency rating for the top 200 charities. Then if you click on the name of the charity you can see a more detailed report.

http://www.forbes.co...es-11_rank.html

Thanks for helping us out,,I agree with the above post, Stay with local charities, in your community..You can be the difference, and you can make sure your dollars, are being spent right.

I have a handicapped son, Im planning on building a park for the disabled, we all can make a big, big, difference..Thanks to you all!!

• Upvote 2

I agree with most of what has been said except I know that we had a class discussion about this in College about 10 years ago and I am almost positive that the Salvation Army was extremely wasteful. I'm thinking it was like only .20 or so of every dollar went to the cause.

Thanks for helping us out,,I agree with the above post, Stay with local charities, in your community..You can be the difference, and you can make sure your dollars, are being spent right.

I have a handicapped son, Im planning on building a park for the disabled, we all can make a big, big, difference..Thanks to you all!!

I totally agree with you. When the RV happens, I plan on giving generously to several local charities that I'm involved with. Since I sit on their boards, I know where the money is going.

• Upvote 1

Sorry...the information posted is inaccurate. Forbes has a efficiency rating for the top 200 charities. Then if you click on the name of the charity you can see a more detailed report.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/14/200-largest-us-charities-11_rank.html

Agree somewhat. Efficiently ran or the best leadership don't always mean more of the donations get to the needy. That's what really counts.

• Upvote 2

As you open your pockets for the next natural disaster, please keep these facts in mind: · The American Red Cross President and CEO Marsha J. Evans salary for the year was $651,957 plus expenses · The United Way President Brian Gallagher receives a $375,000 base salary along with numerous expense benefits. · UNICEF CEO Caryl M. Stern receives $1,200,000 per year (100k per month) plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE . Less than 5 cents of your donated dollar goes to the cause.MAYBE GOING "GREEN" INSTEAD AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE IT WILL DO SOME GOOD: · The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a small salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization. 96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause. · The American Legion National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth! · The Veterans of Foreign Wars National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth! · The Disabled American Veterans National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth! · The Military Order of Purple Hearts National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth! · The Vietnam Veterans Association National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth! FYI…..You may want to share this information with others. It’s up to you.

Thanks....It would be interesting to know if those high salary Executives donate some of their income to the Organizations or what.

Edited by umbertino

I like to keep it local too but on the other hand it's good to detach from the money. I give of my time & money regularly and often when you give directly to a family you might disagree with how they live/spend. I live in a small town so it's hard not to know who's in need & how they got there.

Example: My friend's husband was laid off right before Christmas last year so I bought all the presents for the kids & stock their pantry and they were very thankful & I was happy I was able to do it. By March he still hadn't found a job and the were still broke living on unemployment & her salary...nothing had change & they took a vacation. I was a little put off that they didn't have money for food but they could go on vacation. I sometimes prefer to give without knowing all the circumstances.

Another example: I'm always at my kids school volunteering. I've noticed it's the same kids that get free lunch, free coats & Blue Santa gifts that their back packs smell like smoke. The parents don't have enough money to feed & clothe their kids but they can spend $6 a day on smokes. That's $180 a month. I have to say, it bothers me a little. I was real active w/ Blue Santa & recently I haven't been involve much...knowing takes the fun out of giving.

When I drop money in the Salvation Army bucket, I can give with a good heart knowing that they have great accountability & not give it another though. I'm sure I will continue to help those around me in need and maybe if I weren't having to make sacrifice to help it might be easier....SOOOO go RV!!!!