Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FOREXPROS SITE AND DINAR HOLDERS

jgreene

To those uneducated dinarians on the forex pros website let me give you a little lesson. If you are looking at the USD/IQD chart and it says 1170, you are wanting an RV, then you are a BEAR. Not a BULL. You want 1170 to go down and turn into .3 or .2

It really looks stupid for the chart showing all these BULLS screaming GO RV!!! You are bullish IQD/USD and bearish USD/IQD.....GET IT????

In the words of Keyshawn Johnson..."CUMMON MAN!!!"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

To those uneducated dinarians on the forex pros website let me give you a little lesson. If you are looking at the USD/IQD chart and it says 1170, you are wanting an RV, then you are a BEAR. Not a BULL. You want 1170 to go down and turn into .3 or .2

It really looks stupid for the chart showing all these BULLS screaming GO RV!!! You are bullish IQD/USD and bearish USD/IQD.....GET IT????

I know I want it to go down, I just didn't know which animal. :lol:

• Upvote 3

You may to show the math for some of the folks. One of my coworkers just said :blink: . Thanks!

Not really Greene...a BULL is when you want the value to RISE, a BEAR is when you want the value to FALL. If the Dinar is at 1170 per USD or .00086, and it was to RV to .2 or .3, the value would have RISEN, hence a bull market. 1170 is the actual quantity of Dinars per dollar, .00086 or .2 or .3 is the nominal value. Hope this helps.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bullmarket.asp#axzz1fJllaZXN

• Upvote 5

Not really Greene...a BULL is when you want the value to RISE, a BEAR is when you want the value to FALL. If the Dinar is at 1170 per USD or .00086, and it was to RV to .2 or .3, the value would have RISEN, hence a bull market. 1170 is the actual quantity of Dinars per dollar, .00086 or .2 or .3 is the nominal value. Hope this helps.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bullmarket.asp#axzz1fJllaZXN

are you smoking pot??? that is what i just said....if you are looking at a USD/IQD chart and it says 1170 you want that value to go down....if it fell to 1 then it is 1-1....that is bearish....

if you are looking at a IQD/USD chart and it shows .00086 you want that to go up to say 1...that is a bullish stance...they happen at the same time...

it is a ratio and an inverse ratio...

http://www.investope...p#axzz1fJllaZXN

you cleared that up nicely for him

• Upvote 1

No, I'm not smoking pot, and you don't have to get nasty or get your panties in a twist. Your words: "If you are looking at the USD/IQD chart and it says 1170, you are wanting an RV, then you are a BEAR." WRONG. If you want an RV and are seeking the VALUE TO RISE, then you are a BULL...it is all about the overall VALUE, not the numbers. Read the definition again please:

Bull market

A bull market is associated with increasing investor confidence, and increased investing in anticipation of future price increases (capital gains). A bullish trend in the stock market often begins before the general economy shows clear signs of recovery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_trend#Bull_market

• Upvote 6

No, I'm not smoking pot, and you don't have to get nasty or get your panties in a twist. Your words: "If you are looking at the USD/IQD chart and it says 1170, you are wanting an RV, then you are a BEAR." WRONG. If you want an RV and are seeking the VALUE TO RISE, then you are a BULL...it is all about the overall VALUE, not the numbers. Read the definition again please:

Bull market

A bull market is associated with increasing investor confidence, and increased investing in anticipation of future price increases (capital gains). A bullish trend in the stock market often begins before the general economy shows clear signs of recovery.

Correct +1 from me

• Upvote 5

Bull market

Ok...i will sssllllooowww down...you are correct when you say that a future price appreciation is bullish and future price depreciation is bearish....currency charts represent relationships between two currencies....The USD/IQD chart at 1170 represents 1 USD = 1170 IQD right?? which way do you want that number to go?? up or down?? If the IQD appreciates then the number goes down so you are bearish the USD/IQD relationship......

The IQD/USD chart represents 1 IQD = .00086 USD....which way do you want this number to go??? UP correct?? yes...so you are bullish the IQD/ USD relationship....If it RV'd tomorrow at 1 dollar then the USD/IQD chart would fall from 1170 to 1...

the IQD/USD chart would rise from .00086 to 1.....one relationship going up and the other going down....the forexpros site showing the USD/IQD chart at 1170 has RV cheerleaders voting bullish....that would mean they are saying they want 1170 to go up...not down....they would be correct if they were showing bullish on a IQD/USD .00086 chart...that number needs to go up....

are you smoking pot??? that is what i just said....if you are looking at a USD/IQD chart and it says 1170 you want that value to go down....if it fell to 1 then it is 1-1....that is bearish....

if you are looking at a IQD/USD chart and it shows .00086 you want that to go up to say 1...that is a bullish stance...they happen at the same time...

it is a ratio and an inverse ratio...

C'mon guys please work this out and then make it simple for the rest of us to understand. Are we Bulls on the RV or Bears? And why do I think of frickin' Chicago all of a sudden!!!??? :blink::blink::unsure:

Ok...i will sssllllooowww down...you are correct when you say that a future price appreciation is bullish and future price depreciation is bearish....currency charts represent relationships between two currencies....The USD/IQD chart at 1170 represents 1 USD = 1170 IQD right?? which way do you want that number to go?? up or down?? If the IQD appreciates then the number goes down so you are bearish the USD/IQD relationship......

The IQD/USD chart represents 1 IQD = .00086 USD....which way do you want this number to go??? UP correct?? yes...so you are bullish the IQD/ USD relationship....If it RV'd tomorrow at 1 dollar then the USD/IQD chart would fall from 1170 to 1...

the IQD/USD chart would rise from .00086 to 1.....one relationship going up and the other going down....the forexpros site showing the USD/IQD chart at 1170 has RV cheerleaders voting bullish....that would mean they are saying they want 1170 to go up...not down....they would be correct if they were showing bullish on a IQD/USD .00086 chart...that number needs to go up....

All that matters is net profits and gains..has nothing to do with the actual numbers Jgreene....If the numbers go down, while the value goes up, that's a BULL...if the numbers go down and also the value goes down, that's a BEAR. If the numbers and the value both go up, that's a BULL..if the numbers and the value both go down, that's a BEAR...it refers to the overall loss/gain on an investment, not what the numbers are doing. Hope this helps.

Edited by thegente

All that matters is net profits and gains..has nothing to do with the actual numbers Jgreene....If the numbers go down, while the value goes up, that's a BULL...if the numbers go down and also the value goes down, that's a BEAR. If the numbers and the value both go up, that's a BULL..if the numbers and the value both go down, that's a BEAR...it refers to the overall loss/gain on an investment, not what the numbers are doing. Hope this helps.

when you look at currency chart your stance on the movement is directly related to the first currency listed....USD/IQD for instance...being bullish the IQD would mean you are bearish the USD in the relationship so you would be bearish on this chart....on the IQD/USD chart if you are bullish the IQD then you would be bullish on this relationship....not splitting hairs..we are all bullish the IQD but being bullish the IQD means we are bearish the USD because we feel like it will lose value to the IQD...you say it really does not matter and i guess it does not unless you are planning on getting a forex acct and trading USD/IQD later on then it matters 100%....not knowing the inverse relationships in a trading acct will put you on the wrong side of a position in a hurry....

adam, which animal is it ?

Depends on your point of view and what you're referring to.

Referring to the IQD: Lopsters are Bearish, Pro RV'ers are Bullish. Realists know that we are neither at this time, because the market hasn't moved, and until it does the semantics mean nothing.

And once it does move, one half of the room will do the "I told you so!" dance, and the others will glower.

:)

• Upvote 2

:P:huh::(:o:D

Depends on your point of view and what you're referring to.

Referring to the IQD: Lopsters are Bearish, Pro RV'ers are Bullish. Realists know that we are neither at this time, because the market hasn't moved, and until it does the semantics mean nothing.

And once it does move, one half of the room will do the "I told you so!" dance, and the others will glower.

:)

i like it very informative and well thought out response

• Upvote 1

when you look at currency chart your stance on the movement is directly related to the first currency listed....USD/IQD for instance...being bullish the IQD would mean you are bearish the USD in the relationship so you would be bearish on this chart....on the IQD/USD chart if you are bullish the IQD then you would be bullish on this relationship....not splitting hairs..we are all bullish the IQD but being bullish the IQD means we are bearish the USD because we feel like it will lose value to the IQD...you say it really does not matter and i guess it does not unless you are planning on getting a forex acct and trading USD/IQD later on then it matters 100%....not knowing the inverse relationships in a trading acct will put you on the wrong side of a position in a hurry....

I see your point with regards to Forex, and yes, if someone doesn't understand the inverse aspects, they could lose a bundle.

The IQD and the possible upcoming RV are an entirely different animal than trading on the Forex. It's a hard currency speculation where one is hoping that the currency held will rise against the value of the dollar, but without that dollar losing any of it's inherent value. The dollar will not lose any value, the IQD will only gain. Yes, against the Dinar it will lose, but not in relation to other currencies in that particular basket, so again, it's a BULL, not a BEAR. If the Dinar never ever had a possibility of RVing, this investment could be considered a BEAR, hoping that the devaluation of the USD would gain them some profit on the IQD in the long run. But if that happened we would be losing all over in relation to all of the other major currencies, not really gaining as we would with an IQD RV. But, for all intents and purposes, one who is hoping for a gain, is a BULL, one who is betting on a loss, is a BEAR. thx

Up is actually down in this case.

900 is "up" from 1170.

:twocents:

Right, and that is a BULL, as the IQD would be increasing in value..not the dollar decreasing, which would be a BEAR. thx AM

I see your point with regards to Forex, and yes, if someone doesn't understand the inverse aspects, they could lose a bundle.

The IQD and the possible upcoming RV are an entirely different animal than trading on the Forex. It's a hard currency speculation where one is hoping that the currency held will rise against the value of the dollar, but without that dollar losing any of it's inherent value. The dollar will not lose any value, the IQD will only gain. Yes, against the Dinar it will lose, but not in relation to other currencies in that particular basket, so again, it's a BULL, not a BEAR. If the Dinar never ever had a possibility of RVing, this investment could be considered a BEAR, hoping that the devaluation of the USD would gain them some profit on the IQD in the long run. But if that happened we would be losing all over in relation to all of the other major currencies, not really gaining as we would with an IQD RV. But, for all intents and purposes, one who is hoping for a gain, is a BULL, one who is betting on a loss, is a BEAR. thx

Right, and that is a BULL, as the IQD would be increasing in value..not the dollar decreasing, which would be a BEAR. thx AM

i disagree...1170 to 900 on a USD/IQD chart is bearish for the USD....this chart would be in essence asking you how you feel about the dollar not the dinar....but again..splitting hairs...GO RV!! Adam make it snappy would ya???