Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Do you want to know what Rudolph_the_Red thinks

Okay- If I am not mistaken dropping zeros is referred to as LOP. This is the most tricky thing and many people get confused on this. This is my view on the matter and not a professional investors view. From the Iraqis that I have talked to, LOP seems very realistic, but they do not have a definate answer on whether it will happen or not. They have seen on the news in the past that it is going to happen. My one friend, Hasan, told me that it was televized in Erbil, Iraq that it would happen in Mid-November (This was in August he told me) As I talked to different Iraqis they all had different opinions and no one is for certain One guy, Mohammed, told me a couple hours ago that he searched all last night for any answers on new currency or the dropping of the three zeros. He could not find anything except speculations on what might happen, no hard evidence though. He GUESSES it will "happen in the second month after the new year 13" which I take as February 2013. Sometimes it is hard to understand and we cannot relay all of our thoughts because of the language barrier and only knowing so much in each other's language. If the LOP does happen, all new currency will be printed.

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS:

Before the LOP Iraqi Dinar will be indicated as IQD(1)

After the LOP Iraqi Dinar will be indicated as IQD(2)

Before the LOP you can buy a toy car for 25000 IQD(1). All of a sudden this LOP happens, all currency in circulation is still valid for a certain time and still holds same value. Then the government issues the IQD(2). Now both IQD(1) and IQD(2) are in circulation but you will have maybe two months to turn in your IQD(1) to be exchanged and destroyed. Now while both are valid you can buy that same toy car for either 25000 IQD(1) or 25 IQD(2). After the grace period the IQD(1) is no longer valid and will not be accepted anywhere.

I pray for an RV but reality is showing the odds are wavering towards a LOP first. But there is still chance of an RV after that to a certain extent, because most countries issue new currency and then RV.

Kuwait didnt necessarily LOP before the RV but the changed their currency multiple times before they "RV'ed" even thought they didnt necessarily RV, their Government never officially devalued the KWD, the people lost confidence in the dinar,and uncertainty of the future and sold for USD at a lower rate(0.10 -1.00 USD)

SOURCES:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwaiti_dinar

http://www.bankintroductions.com/kuwait.html

http://www.oanda.com/convert/fxhistory

Search anywhere from 1976-2003 and 1 KWD = 3.33 USD it never lost value it only lost confidence cause it to be auctioned at a lower rate.

I want to apologize for anything I may have done to offend you, I am not saying it will not RV (as I hope it does) but it looks like it will LOP first (so trade your bills in when you can for the newer ones) and then when you have the new bills pray for RV!!!

GO RV! Please do not treat me like I have a RED NOSE and exclude me from your games!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

You wouldn't happen to be a communist weather man would you?

As in, "Rudolph, the red, knows rain, dear!"

I gave you a +1 because that was funny, I liked that. I see that you are a joke teller on DV, is that safe to say?

I think your answer would be something to this extent, "Roger, write jokes daily"

Edited by Rudolph_the_Red
  • Upvote 1

Does this have anything to do with the 'intel' you were waiting to hear from yesterday? :blink:

Precious 1- Yes, its unfortunate that the "intel" I was waiting on turned out to be just speculations. I see it as I have an advantage of having Boots on Ground and that WE can use that to OUR advantage. I believe that someone here in Iraq must know something or at least know someone who knows something. All I have to do is find the person. Its just a matter of time. I apologize if I gave your hopes up, I just think that the Iraqis would be more informed than the Americans about their own currency, but they are just speculating off what they are fed by the media. I do my best to inform you whether its a hard fact or a speculation. Stay tuned... its only a matter of time before I find someone who knows something (FACT WISE)

Looks like the Lopsters have their claws in you!

As for you Rogue Knight- I do not claim to know the future and I do not claim to know everything. Actually with all the information to be processed out there, I would say I know nothing (As I am sure many of you will agree). I am basing my opinions off of hard facts. I even give sources for my facts. In the end though, I am speculating and its up to your brain how you decipher it.

ALL IN ALL- Like I previously stated, I do not know everything. I think it is safe to say that no one knows everything, but we all know something. If we all put our FACTS together than we would have a better grasp on this and everyone would think one way. Let's figure this out together. Do not forget the (X) factor as it is unknown, that is things that have not happened yet or top secret squirrel stuff, that we will never find out.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for posting Rudolph the Red. I was hoping for more promising news but still think they will RV out of nowhere with inflation getting out of control. They can't wait till 2013 in my opinion. I always appreciate when Boots on the ground keep us informed. Stay safe over there!

Frances McDormand anyone? Love her. Oscar for Fargo. She rocks! Go RV!

• Upvote 2

Okay- If I am not mistaken dropping zeros is referred to as LOP. This is the most tricky thing and many people get confused on this. This is my view on the matter and not a professional investors view. From the Iraqis that I have talked to, LOP seems very realistic, but they do not have a definate answer on whether it will happen or not. They have seen on the news in the past that it is going to happen. My one friend, Hasan, told me that it was televized in Erbil, Iraq that it would happen in Mid-November (This was in August he told me) As I talked to different Iraqis they all had different opinions and no one is for certain One guy, Mohammed, told me a couple hours ago that he searched all last night for any answers on new currency or the dropping of the three zeros. He could not find anything except speculations on what might happen, no hard evidence though. He GUESSES it will "happen in the second month after the new year 13" which I take as February 2013. Sometimes it is hard to understand and we cannot relay all of our thoughts because of the language barrier and only knowing so much in each other's language. If the LOP does happen, all new currency will be printed.

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS:

Before the LOP Iraqi Dinar will be indicated as IQD(1)

After the LOP Iraqi Dinar will be indicated as IQD(2)

Before the LOP you can buy a toy car for 25000 IQD(1). All of a sudden this LOP happens, all currency in circulation is still valid for a certain time and still holds same value. Then the government issues the IQD(2). Now both IQD(1) and IQD(2) are in circulation but you will have maybe two months to turn in your IQD(1) to be exchanged and destroyed. Now while both are valid you can buy that same toy car for either 25000 IQD(1) or 25 IQD(2). After the grace period the IQD(1) is no longer valid and will not be accepted anywhere.

I pray for an RV but reality is showing the odds are wavering towards a LOP first. But there is still chance of an RV after that to a certain extent, because most countries issue new currency and then RV.

Kuwait didnt necessarily LOP before the RV but the changed their currency multiple times before they "RV'ed" even thought they didnt necessarily RV, their Government never officially devalued the KWD, the people lost confidence in the dinar,and uncertainty of the future and sold for USD at a lower rate(0.10 -1.00 USD)

SOURCES:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwaiti_dinar

http://www.bankintroductions.com/kuwait.html

http://www.oanda.com/convert/fxhistory

Search anywhere from 1976-2003 and 1 KWD = 3.33 USD it never lost value it only lost confidence cause it to be auctioned at a lower rate.

I want to apologize for anything I may have done to offend you, I am not saying it will not RV (as I hope it does) but it looks like it will LOP first (so trade your bills in when you can for the newer ones) and then when you have the new bills pray for RV!!!

GO RV! Please do not treat me like I have a RED NOSE and exclude me from your games!

Thank you for update human known as 'Rudolph_the_Red' . Who needs new bills. Convert to USD at BANK/ Currency Exchange and run like Mo Fo.

Amazing Grace. You will have 2-3 years minimum to do this. Already in news from CBI many times.

"Before the LOP you can buy a toy car for 25000 IQD(1)". DinarBot notes: not sure where you shop. Dollar store may be more frugal for toy cars.

"One guy, Mohammed," - very popular ME name. One day DinarBot (for jokey) yell in busy MARKET. 'Mohammed dates Camel Spiders" 87 Male ME Humans stomp on DinarBot for 36.7 minutes. Lesson learned. 6 bolts on back order but running fine.

Edited by DinarBot
  • Upvote 4

Thanks for posting Rudolph the Red. I was hoping for more promising news but still think they will RV out of nowhere with inflation getting out of control. They can't wait till 2013 in my opinion. I always appreciate when Boots on the ground keep us informed. Stay safe over there!

Canuklady- Did you know that Canada's inflation rate right now is 2.7% or that America's inflation rate is 3.6%? Iraq has an inflation rate of 5.11%. Just because the notes have more 000's on them does not necessarily mean that it is inflated. You would think that, just like I did before you really think about it and breakdown and process numerous currencies worldwide. The only problem is all the 000's make it hard to keep track of when could be using smaller numbers (this would cause a ReDenomination of their bills). Now if Iraq was to RD they would have to change everything in their country price wise in order for the RD to work. Now this is where I get confused and need help... if they RD then all the other countries would have to do something to make their RD to work? Could it be the RV? I do not know, I cannot fathom this idea and need help thinking it through. Either way, THANK YOU CANUKLADY for all your support, I know we are on the same level and have the same dreams, hopefully the come true!

http://www.xe.com/currency/iqd-iraqi-dinar?r=3#additionalinfo

http://facts.randomhistory.com/inflation-facts.html

Aprreciate the opinion,I just hope your not applying for "guru" status. Best to all

I hope not either, as they are hated! I want to be like Dancer and Prancer and all the other "normals"

Thank you for update human known as 'Rudolph_the_Red' . Who needs new bills. Convert to USD at BANK/ Currency Exchange and run like Mo Fo.

Amazing Grace. You will have 2-3 years minimum to do this. Already in news from CBI many times.

"Before the LOP you can buy a toy car for 25000 IQD(1)". DinarBot notes: not sure where you shop. Dollar store may be more frugal for toy cars.

"One guy, Mohammed," - very popular ME name. One day DinarBot (for jokey) yell in busy MARKET. 'Mohammed dates Camel Spiders" 87 Male ME Humans stomp on DinarBot for 36.7 minutes. Lesson learned. 6 bolts on back order but running fine.

Dinar Bot- I come in peace? I do not know how to greet someone thats a robot? This is a harder theory to grasp then RV or RD or LOP! Anywho or should I say Anything (seeing as your a want to be robot)- I will not lie to you, I have invested in IQD and will under no circumstances trade it in for USD (or any other currency such as DBO- Dinar Bot Oil) unless it does RV. I am hoping for it just as much as the next person. I honestly do not understand what you are trying to get at here... I really dont. Either way... GO RV!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

DinarBot notes: Inflation is no where near out of control. Once at 140% yes. Not now (5 + - %). India has posted a 9% inflation rate this week and it is completely manageable. Humans are being deceived. To curb speculation.

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?c=iz&v=71

All controllable:

India’s inflation will start to decline from December and ease to 7 percent by March before moderating further in the first half of the next fiscal year starting April 1, according to the central bank. Beyond December, “if the inflation trajectory conforms to projections, further rate hikes may not be warranted,” the Reserve Bank said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-14/india-s-inflation-exceeds-9-for-11th-month-reducing-scope-for-rate-pause.html

Canuklady- Did you know that Canada's inflation rate right now is 2.7% or that America's inflation rate is 3.6%? Iraq has an inflation rate of 5.11%. Just because the notes have more 000's on them does not necessarily mean that it is inflated. You would think that, just like I did before you really think about it and breakdown and process numerous currencies worldwide. The only problem is all the 000's make it hard to keep track of when could be using smaller numbers (this would cause a ReDenomination of their bills). Now if Iraq was to RD they would have to change everything in their country price wise in order for the RD to work. Now this is where I get confused and need help... if they RD then all the other countries would have to do something to make their RD to work? Could it be the RV? I do not know, I cannot fathom this idea and need help thinking it through. Either way, THANK YOU CANUKLADY for all your support, I know we are on the same level and have the same dreams, hopefully the come true!

http://www.xe.com/currency/iqd-iraqi-dinar?r=3#additionalinfo

http://facts.randomhistory.com/inflation-facts.html

I hope not either, as they are hated! I want to be like Dancer and Prancer and all the other "normals"

Dinar Bot- I come in peace? I do not know how to greet someone thats a robot? This is a harder theory to grasp then RV or RD or LOP! Anywho or should I say Anything (seeing as your a want to be robot)- I will not lie to you, I have invested in IQD and will under no circumstances trade it in for USD (or any other currency such as DBO- Dinar Bot Oil) unless it does RV. I am hoping for it just as much as the next person. I honestly do not understand what you are trying to get at here... I really dont. Either way... GO RV!

DinarBot having Fun. And Facts. As you were. All the best.

Edited by DinarBot
  • Upvote 3

DinarBot agrees with you and Several others. Currency rate change prior to end of Nov. 2011. Not based on rising inflation but on the contrary - Inflation in check. IMF Programmed rate to end based on multitude of factors. Paris Club Debt cancelled. Increased "Proven" Oil reserves. Escalating Cash reserves (60 Bil). Excellent Infrastructure rebuild levels. INTENTIONAL Decreased Currency (IQD) in circulation by CBI. Settlement with Kuwait (Recent Maliki Meeting). 17 Billion $ deal with Shell this week - HCL suspected of being signed sealed delivered last week - Media Blackout announced by Maliki last week in this regard. DinarBot quick snapshot of reasons to watch for introduction of new currency and rate. Go Humans Go.

• Upvote 3

DinarBot agrees with you and Several others. Currency rate change prior to end of Nov. 2011. Not based on rising inflation but on the contrary - Inflation in check. IMF Programmed rate to end based on multitude of factors. Paris Club Debt cancelled. Increased "Proven" Oil reserves. Escalating Cash reserves (60 Bil). Excellent Infrastructure rebuild levels. INTENTIONAL Decreased Currency (IQD) in circulation by CBI. Settlement with Kuwait (Recent Maliki Meeting). 17 Billion $ deal with Shell this week - HCL suspected of being signed sealed delivered last week - Media Blackout announced by Maliki last week in this regard. DinarBot quick snapshot of reasons to watch for introduction of new currency and rate. Go Humans Go.

DinarBot- Is it safe to say I seem though as if I am right due to RD equaling to RV? I do not believe they will both happen at once, because first they have to introduce the new currency and weed out the old currency. Make sure to change your IQD if this happens! Once they weed out the old IQD (the one WE currently have) then I believe its RV time!

Maybe you or someone else can help me grasp the concept of the 7 things we must have in order for RV to take place. I see it everywhere, but where do people get these steps from? It sounds like a bad AA meeting if you ask me.

Last note- I hope it happens by end of November 2011, though we all seem unsure of exactly when, which is totally understandable. Your facts lead you to believe that and I want to agree also with you (and I hope it does). The only thing is all the Local Nationals here that I have talked to say later. Now I have only talked to a handful, but they questioned their friends, who might know more, but apparently do not because they think the same thing. Though my one friend Hasan, said he saw on the TV in Erbil, that it was supposed to happen Mid-November (but that was back in August and he quit his interpreter job and I havent seen him since)

It seems as if the only constant here is everything changes.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dinarbot, Rudolph thanks for your posts. I really appreciate what you guys are bringing here. I thought that when inflation got up to double digits, the CBI would likely go ahead and RV. But my understanding from your posts is it won't even get to that. Thanks for your knowledge guys. This ride seems to be getting more and more confusing by the minute. I have to go walk my dog and pick up my kid, but I will be back to study your responses and do some more research this evening.

Last thing. What I love about the new DV is that you more knowledgeable members are for the most part treating us rookies with kindness and patience as opposed to sarcasm or rudeness. I joined to exchange ideas and learn, and you guys allow me to do that. And you still manage, in all this confusion, to make me laugh. Thanks again guys.

• Upvote 1

You crack me up! :lol:

Rudolph, I look forward to your take on things from over there. It will be added like a fresh seasoning to the mix. But in truth, I believe that ALL info is speculation until the rate is actually released. It merely gives us ideas to contemplate.

Hereeeeee's to hoping RV!!!

• Upvote 1

Canuklady and Precious 1- I will always let you know that I do not claim to be anything I am not, I am just a regular joe that fixes and tows broken army equipment in the US Army. Like I have said before, no one has all the knowledge, but we all know something. I think that WE are onto something here, if we put OUR knowledge together. All I ask is that we use facts and statistics, for that is the only thing thats seems to have some validity to it in the IQD world! We can always speculate, just make sure you make it known that you are speculating (not like that DinarBot!)

"Hey Droids, guess what? My mom caught me speculating last night!"

Doesn't sound pretty.

"Yeah, speculating with Precious 1, Canuklady and Rudolph_the_Red"

anyways...

Ladies and Robots- If you want to help everyone out, I know I saw on here some article of the value of Middle-East Countries regarding why the RV cannot happen because Iraq would be worth 198 Trillion$ and all the other countries are worth like 200 Billion$. I am pretty sure it had links in it, but I do not remember where I saw it and I cannot seem to find it again. Either way... I have this crazy idea that I will explain to you and everyone else if one of us finds that article or something to how much the Middle East is worth or why Saudi Arabia is the richest country and how they get to that conclusion with numbers on their worth. I think I am onto something big here, but I will hold my tongue untill I see it. Its just a GUESSTIMATE, but I think it will make sense to everyone in the world (or it should)!

• Upvote 1

Speaking of parents... My dad got me interested in the Iraqi Dinar months ago. He was invested in it and wanted some Boots on Ground information (not like a KBR contractor, but someone that talks with Iraqis). After he told me everything, I immediately invested, blindly... I did not know what to expect so I started reading, at first I was happy because everyone was saying how it was happening, then I started reading how this whole thing was a scam so I was blue... but then I chased facts and other peoples perspectives based on facts. Now to say the least, I have a general grasp on things with theories of my own... I think everything will work out in the end, which to me maybe two years away. Dont get it wrong though... I HOPE THE RV HAPPENS TONIGHT!

Speaking of parents... My dad got me interested in the Iraqi Dinar months ago. He was invested in it and wanted some Boots on Ground information (not like a KBR contractor, but someone that talks with Iraqis). After he told me everything, I immediately invested, blindly... I did not know what to expect so I started reading, at first I was happy because everyone was saying how it was happening, then I started reading how this whole thing was a scam so I was blue... but then I chased facts and other peoples perspectives based on facts. Now to say the least, I have a general grasp on things with theories of my own... I think everything will work out in the end, which to me maybe two years away. Dont get it wrong though... I HOPE THE RV HAPPENS TONIGHT!

[/quote

So are the lower denoms out

So are the lower denoms out

This is what I think... Yes and No.

How do you like that?

If you are talking about the IQD that you currently possess then yes, lower denominations will not be happening. IQD(1)

If you are talking about the IQD that will be coming out within a couple months or so then no, they will have low denominations. IQD(2)

I sure hope the end is not 2 years away! I am in this for the long haul if I have to be, but I hate to think I may run out of avatars by then and will have to use Oscar nominees, as I will run out of the winners, and who the h-e-double hockey stick wants yo hear those nominees talk all that crap about how honored they are just to be nominated and they don't care who wins blah blah blah. I shudder at the thought! Ok seriously though, I am going to go on a limb and respectfully disagree with your time frame. I think we're looking at this year, hopefully November. I am with you though, wouldn't it be great if it went down tonight! It's been fun speculating with you guys! I hold three currencies and if just one goes to five cents, life will be even sweeter! I appreciate your thoughts on this though. Let's hope for our sakes I am right!

Frances McDormand is a great Actress... I saw her in a few movies and her acting was always superb and convincing.

Umbertino you sure know your stuff! I loved Frances in Burn After Reading. She's one of those fantastic, understated actresses like Julianne Moore, Maggie Smith, Viola Davis, or Patricia Clarkston that when you see her, you always ask, now why don't we see more of her?