Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Offended Atheists Strike Again

Frances....I believe my friend Hopeful answered the mail on your posting (thanks!)

But let me give you some insight on "my type"...you see Atheist have to keep the rest of society in line regarding the 1st Amendment, because as soon as we look the other way, you will do things like vote in a law that infringes on my rights. Then it take a trip to court to get things back on an even level.

Think of it like this, if you have a young teenager in the house, and you stipulate that the curfew is 10 pm...and she comes in at say 10:05...is she grounded? No. Ok, since you didn't have her toe the line, next time she comes in at 10:15. That's only 10 mins later...now what...well you think, she is pushing it but not worth getting upset about...so you let it slide. Next time it is 10:30...and you are pissed! You threaten to ground her but then she comes back and says...but it is ONLY 15 mins later than last time, why are you so mad and I really don't deserve being grounded because I'm only 15 mins later than last time and you didn't do anything to me then!

In other words, once we give you an inch of walking over my 1st Amendments, then you people (love how I stereotype...remember due on to others) take a mile.

That is why people of my type try to nip things in the bud as soon as we see them, otherwise, people like you (shall we call you the majority) end up throwing away my rights and pushing me down...again.

Not on my watch dear, I'll fight tooth and toenail for my rights.. :)

"remember due on to others" I believe that's "do unto others." I can now see why you are confused about the Bible. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"remember due on to others" I believe that's "do unto others." I can now see why you are confused about the Bible. lol

Touche'. Yes, I'm a terrible speller. Guilty as charged! lol Wish I could afford a laptop that would spell check in American! Sometimes I can appear to be as smart as a 5th grader!...and no offense to 5th graders! :)

Dinar...I checked out your website. The reference are from 1982, 1991, 1966, and 1979. So from 20 to over 45 year old data. Also I did a web search and couldn't find the specific references that correspond to the data...I don't think the internet goes back that far! Secondly, I'm assuming the guns were used against criminals that had guns themselves...sounds logical, right? So if you made it harder for criminals to own guns, then you would see a decrease in these numbers as well right? You would of course argue that criminals would find a way to own a gun....and that's where I go back to the data I provided. Isn't it as easy for Canadian criminals to get guns as it would be for American criminals to own guns if the same gun control laws were enacted? I assume so, but maybe you think American criminals are some how smarter than Canadian's perhaps?

Bama, I'm sorry that you see people like me as a "threat". You ask why we push the system if Christians do no harm....I've outlined what religion in generals is capable of, under the other thread that "slagged" Atheist. If you read it, you will see how I specifically outline what many Atheist see is harmful with religion in general. But I certainly don't speak for all Atheist. At the end of the day, I will ask that both of us honor what Voltaire stated:

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Peace

• Upvote 2

Heh, I work for the ACLJ and when I saw the topic of this thread I guessed what it would be about. Too funny. The author of this article (David French) is a cool guy. Has an awesome replica of one of the swords from LOTR in his office.

I love what ACLJ does, when Iraq RV's, ACLJ will definately have my support! :twothumbs:

-

• Upvote 2

Here it is again.....All Christians and Jesus Himself, getting bashed over the crimes committed by the Popes of the Middle Ages. There were few Bibles in those times, since they were all hand copied, and the common people did not have access to them until the Guttenberg Press was invented. Catholics now have Bibles and are Christians first and foremost, and popes are no longer the government like they were during The Dark Ages. Not all Christians are Catholics and anyone who has graduated from the eighth grade knows this.

I am very disillusioned with our colleges and universities for not upgrading and teaching real knowledge to students who are paying large sums of money to be educated.

The junk books that my generation was forced to read, the useless theories of cocaine addicts like Freud and racists like Darwin, the junk-science-for-profit books that millions of Baby-Boomers gave the finger to......are still in our so-called "institutions for higher learning, and now our kids are being forced to go through this garbage. I can't speak for all colleges, but our universities in California are nothing but retirement homes for sixties radicals who failed to indoctrinate my generation. Sorry, but I hate to see beautiful intelligent young women turned into pseudo-faux-intellects for the Anti-god regimes, and they have to go in debt to pay for it.

Only a fool says is his heart....."there is no God".

• Upvote 3

Whew....you guys & gals are keeping me busy! But I enjoy the challenge...

Now may I get a complete on my report card? I know I will still get marked down...but atleast I turned in a completed assignment, right? ;)

EMS, your list of transitional fossils:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils

I did look at the site you submitted...I guess the only think I can say is, if you believe that, then you Sir are: :wacko:

Tiffany, I appreciate your diligence in getting back to those who reply to your posts. I am concerned about the method you employ, because these aren’t “assignments” for you to hurriedly achieve so you can move on to the next one. All of this back and forth of dialogue serves to educate each other. I’m fascinated with some of your replies because they are educational and give me insight into your line of thinking, which I would never have considered on my own. The mutual exchanges of ideas that we commonly call a debate enlighten each other when considered carefully. Have we respectfully read and pondered what each has posted?

Did you bother to read the disclaimer on the so-called list of transitional fossils that YOU posted? “Ideally, this list would only recursively include 'true' transitionals, fossils representing ancestral specie from which later groups evolved, but most if not all, of the fossils shown here represent extinct side branches, more or less closely related to the true ancestor. They will all include details unique to their own line as well… the very term 'transitional fossil' is essentially a misconception.”

According to your source: “Possibly the best known of all transitional fossils, [is] the Berlin specimen of Archaeopteryx lithographica.” Archaeopteryx has been disproven as a transitional fossil in numerous publications and websites (one site is: http://www.icr.org/article/transitional-form-archaeopteryx-wont-fly/ ). As I previously posted: there are no transitional fossils. There is no proof of one species changing into another. Microevolution explains the variations found in dogs; macroevolution (if it existed) would explain a dolphin changing into a dog. Please don’t forget what I already posted about genetic mutations having to occur simultaneously to opposing genders of a species. Also, don’t overlook entropy, the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, which states that systems move from order to disorder; it is conveniently ignored by proponents of evolution. Consider that simple organisms supposedly became more complex with time according to evolution. That is the exact opposite of entropy! Open your eyes to the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics and acknowledge that organisms don’t become more complex. Bacteria cannot become a tomato plant and bacteria cannot become a turtle.

I’m not going to convince you to abandon your belief in evolution; rather, I’m simply trying to get you to question what you believe. It took me years of research to change my doubts into solid beliefs.

As far as the geocentric model goes, I also thought it was crazy. And then I researched it and read about the Michelson-Morley experiment, the Michelson-Gale experiment, Airy's experiment, the Sagnac experiment, redshift steps and Varshni’s shells of quasars. All are compelling. However, when one uses logic to consider the speed of the earth’s rotation (1000 mph) and the speed of the earth’s movement around the sun (67,000 mph), one can only wonder why we don’t see superhurricane force winds and why we aren’t flung off the surface of the Earth! ( http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970401c.html ) If we had been taught all along that the Earth was stationary and suddenly someone appeared with a theory telling us that the Earth rotated at over 1000 mph and was circling the sun at an incredible 67,000 mph, we would think that person was absolutely insane and we would scoff at the idea.

Again, I’m sharing this information with you so that you question what you believe. I cannot prove creationism anymore than you can prove evolutionism and I cannot prove geocentrism any more than you can prove heliocentrism. We have chosen to believe what we believe based on evidence as we interpret it. It takes faith to believe what we believe. By faith, I believe what God’s word (the Bible) tells us: He created this Earth, He created humans, He created monkeys, He created animals, plants, the sky, the oceans, the sun, the moon and the stars. He created everything! It is amazing that the Bible contains biology, astronomy, meteorology, paleontology, anthropology, hydrology, geology and physics. Additionally, archaeology has never disproven anything in the Bible; on the contrary, it always confirms it. One of the most fascinating aspects of the Bible is the prophecy it contains, which to date is at 100% accuracy! The Bible is an instruction manual and a love letter from our Creator. I hope you will take the time to read just how much God loves you!

The beauty of life is not getting to the end; rather, it is the adventure that occurs getting there. Best wishes to you!

• Upvote 3

Tiffany, I appreciate your diligence in getting back to those who reply to your posts. I am concerned about the method you employ, because these aren’t “assignments” for you to hurriedly achieve so you can move on to the next one. All of this back and forth of dialogue serves to educate each other. I’m fascinated with some of your replies because they are educational and give me insight into your line of thinking, which I would never have considered on my own. The mutual exchanges of ideas that we commonly call a debate enlighten each other when considered carefully. Have we respectfully read and pondered what each has posted?

Did you bother to read the disclaimer on the so-called list of transitional fossils that YOU posted? “Ideally, this list would only recursively include 'true' transitionals, fossils representing ancestral specie from which later groups evolved, but most if not all, of the fossils shown here represent extinct side branches, more or less closely related to the true ancestor. They will all include details unique to their own line as well… the very term 'transitional fossil' is essentially a misconception.”

According to your source: “Possibly the best known of all transitional fossils, [is] the Berlin specimen of Archaeopteryx lithographica.” Archaeopteryx has been disproven as a transitional fossil in numerous publications and websites (one site is: http://www.icr.org/article/transitional-form-archaeopteryx-wont-fly/ ). As I previously posted: there are no transitional fossils. There is no proof of one species changing into another. Microevolution explains the variations found in dogs; macroevolution (if it existed) would explain a dolphin changing into a dog. Please don’t forget what I already posted about genetic mutations having to occur simultaneously to opposing genders of a species. Also, don’t overlook entropy, the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, which states that systems move from order to disorder; it is conveniently ignored by proponents of evolution. Consider that simple organisms supposedly became more complex with time according to evolution. That is the exact opposite of entropy! Open your eyes to the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics and acknowledge that organisms don’t become more complex. Bacteria cannot become a tomato plant and bacteria cannot become a turtle.

I’m not going to convince you to abandon your belief in evolution; rather, I’m simply trying to get you to question what you believe. It took me years of research to change my doubts into solid beliefs.

As far as the geocentric model goes, I also thought it was crazy. And then I researched it and read about the Michelson-Morley experiment, the Michelson-Gale experiment, Airy's experiment, the Sagnac experiment, redshift steps and Varshni’s shells of quasars. All are compelling. However, when one uses logic to consider the speed of the earth’s rotation (1000 mph) and the speed of the earth’s movement around the sun (67,000 mph), one can only wonder why we don’t see superhurricane force winds and why we aren’t flung off the surface of the Earth! ( http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970401c.html ) If we had been taught all along that the Earth was stationary and suddenly someone appeared with a theory telling us that the Earth rotated at over 1000 mph and was circling the sun at an incredible 67,000 mph, we would think that person was absolutely insane and we would scoff at the idea.

Again, I’m sharing this information with you so that you question what you believe. I cannot prove creationism anymore than you can prove evolutionism and I cannot prove geocentrism any more than you can prove heliocentrism. We have chosen to believe what we believe based on evidence as we interpret it. It takes faith to believe what we believe. By faith, I believe what God’s word (the Bible) tells us: He created this Earth, He created humans, He created monkeys, He created animals, plants, the sky, the oceans, the sun, the moon and the stars. He created everything! It is amazing that the Bible contains biology, astronomy, meteorology, paleontology, anthropology, hydrology, geology and physics. Additionally, archaeology has never disproven anything in the Bible; on the contrary, it always confirms it. One of the most fascinating aspects of the Bible is the prophecy it contains, which to date is at 100% accuracy! The Bible is an instruction manual and a love letter from our Creator. I hope you will take the time to read just how much God loves you!

The beauty of life is not getting to the end; rather, it is the adventure that occurs getting there. Best wishes to you!

Both beautifully and factually written, ems. Great work!!

• Upvote 3

First let me say this, it is my observation that what is going on in this country has been coming for years. Being an Athiest is a personal decision and one of which is for sure a minority. Yes they have the ACLU lawyers who have been afforded the power to push and successfully force their ways upon the majority of us who has neither the means of money to fight a court battle with them. Only when the masses of people have had enough will they force the changes that need to come. Generation after generation is growing up being taught and influenced by their piers whether its family or friends that God is neither relevant nor real. There has always been strength in numbers and always will be even the govt knows this. If enough people wakes up and truly decides they have had enough they will stand together. Not even the mighty ACLU will go against the masses of people. Want an example::::::Where were they and their Athesis complainers the day the Twin Towers fell and for considerable time after it happened. There was no comment made by them at all because they had better sense. They knew they had better be silent with their Athiest demands because there was a whole nation of people ready to run them out of this country on a rail::::::::Think about it, remember back, not a word, not a word about prayer, not a word about praying at school, not a word about christians or seperation of church and state or crosses on public land......Why because there was strength in numbers of the masses of people ......You want to silent them for good, everyone stand together in Jesus name and rebuke them and Satan will flee..........Heavyduty053

• Upvote 1

Only when the masses of people have had enough will they force the changes that need to come. ...Want an example::::::Where were they and their Athesis complainers the day the Twin Towers fell and for considerable time after it happened. There was no comment made by them at all because they had better sense. They knew they had better be silent with their Athiest demands because there was a whole nation of people ready to run them out of this country on a rail... everyone stand together in Jesus name

Excellent observation HD. I'm not offended by atheists; it's their actions in court that offend me. Once enough of us wake up and stand together, we will make our point that they have gone too far and need to lighten up. Christians and Jews can get along just fine with atheists. However, when they take away our rights, that's when it's time for us to push back. I can't think of a single right we have taken away from atheists. They are free to be themselves and not believe in God if they so chose. Why do some of them feel compelled to make us give up our beliefs? We can all get along. Live and let live!

• Upvote 1