Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq Officially a member of the IMF

Aqua Dude

well im not sure if its a printing machine or a sorting machine.....on the delarue website, i cna't find any printing machines displayed.....maybe the are orderign a sorter?

I doubt it would be a printing press. As I understand things the United States is the only country allowed to print it's own currency because of our status as the world's reserve currency...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I doubt it would be a printing press. As I understand things the United States is the only country allowed to print it's own currency because of our status as the world's reserve currency...

How in the world does anyone see fit to give a negative mark to a comment like this? Sheesh! B)

• Upvote 1

i don't think so, that last field has been blank for a long time

not only that....here is the document posted on the cbi saying that they have awared de la rue to get printing machines for currency

http://cbi.iq/documents/Universal-1.en.pdf

The machines are not printing machines. They are currency verification machines. They verify that a currency is authentic, and they count it out, but they don't print. Sorry. Oh, and that document is posted here with a rather lengthy discussion of this point.

smee2

There are a number of countries that use the euro that print their portion of the currency. Ireland, France, Italy and Spain are a few of the nations that do this.

What organization would dictate to countries what they could and could not do regarding the printing of their own national or regional currency?

You may be right about this I cannot confirm.

I have worked in the secure ID industry which aligns itself with the printing of currency. The software technology alone for the printing of currency and secure ID's is very expensive and requires a technologist/designer with at least year of training on this system and there are just a few experts in the world (I happen to know one). The bill or ID may get printed on a 100K+ digital printer. Each of the security features are printed/ stamped on other equipment, again huge equipment investments and then each bill is printed on a letterpress to print the serial number. So in order for Iraq to print their own currency it would take years and many experts. Experts in security features, currency design, holographic printing, UV ink, paper making and the list goes on. De LaRue is the leader in currency and secure ID (passports) printing for the world. With this being said I highly doubt Iraq will be printing currency anytime soon, if ever.