Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Check out my new Avitar!

Bank Guy

Just to dispel rumors that when banks get in De La Rue machines that it means they are getting ready for the RV. Banks use these machines mostly for the fast counting of US CURRENCY!

Only some models are designed to detect counterfeit bills...and I called our foreign exchange office to verify this...not one model to date is designed to detect counterfeit Dinar!

So just sit back...relax...let the RV happen when it does...and forget about a De La Rue machine at your local branch!!

• Upvote 1

Just to dispel rumors that when banks get in De La Rue machines that it means they are getting ready for the RV. Banks use these machines mostly for the fast counting of US CURRENCY!

Only some models are designed to detect counterfeit bills...and I called our foreign exchange office to verify this...not one model to date is designed to detect counterfeit Dinar!

So just sit back...relax...let the RV happen when it does...and forget about a De La Rue machine at your local branch!!

I was told they have currency books so de la rue machines are not needed because of the newer currency books can detect to see if your currency is real or not by the security codes.

look guys and gals...as a high ranking officer at a major bank I am here to tell you that your local bank will never have ANY inside intell about the RV!!! Any of us at Chase, B of A, Wells Fargo, or any other street corner bank you may have bought your dinar from in the past, will never have an inside track to the RV.

We do not have secret "Green Screens" that tell us anything. We DO NOT have tellers and bankers training for a dinar RV trade in!!!

Any teller or banker from any bank who tells you this is either yanking your chain for the fun of it...or just wants you to open an account with them.

De La Rue machines have never been designed to detect counterfeit dinar...never have and I doubt never will.

So do us bankers here in the US a favor and stop calling us and stop coming into our banks and asking if we know about the Dinar RV!!

Any "winks" or "sure we have it on our secret screen" is all bullsh@t!!

I personally have opened at least 250 accounts in the past 3 years for people who come in claiming they are going to have a "Very large deposit next week" only to get them our best high deposit account set up...and then they do not even put $50 in it!!

It gets closed with fees owed since they never met the high cash deposit requirements they promised!

So do us underpaid and overworked bankers a favor...stop calling us thinking we have some insider information!

Instead...go to the CBI website every morning...if it still shows 1170 sell and 1168 buy... go to work!

• Upvote 2

Thanks for clearing that up, Bank Guy..........but I do have 1 question............

You stated "Any "winks" or "sure we have it on our secret screen" is all bullsh@t!!"

But what about the "odd look" that the bank personnel gives the teller in most stories? Is there such a look? :lol:

seriously though, how many calls would you say your bank gets per day about this sh**?

Sadly we get around 2 or 3 calls and sometimes 4 or 5 in person misguided people per day who have read online that the "Dinar has RV'd Today!" and that we are not telling them yet because we want to wait for a better exchange rate!

I have heard so many times " It has Revalued but you guys just want us to cash in at the lower rate so you can cash it in at the new RV rate!"

The IQD is not now and is not ever seen in the near future a trade-able currency.

I own it myself..my point here is PLEASE STOP CALLING BANKS ABOUT IT!

Sadly we get around 2 or 3 calls and sometimes 4 or 5 in person misguided people per day who have read online that the "Dinar has RV'd Today!" and that we are not telling them yet because we want to wait for a better exchange rate!

I have heard so many times " It has Revalued but you guys just want us to cash in at the lower rate so you can cash it in at the new RV rate!"

The IQD is not now and is not ever seen in the near future a trade-able currency.

I own it myself..my point here is PLEASE STOP CALLING BANKS ABOUT IT!

O.k. Seriously though. Tell us how you really feel.

look guys and gals...as a high ranking officer at a major bank I am here to tell you that your local bank will never have ANY inside intell about the RV!!! Any of us at Chase, B of A, Wells Fargo, or any other street corner bank you may have bought your dinar from in the past, will never have an inside track to the RV.

We do not have secret "Green Screens" that tell us anything. We DO NOT have tellers and bankers training for a dinar RV trade in!!!

Any teller or banker from any bank who tells you this is either yanking your chain for the fun of it...or just wants you to open an account with them.

De La Rue machines have never been designed to detect counterfeit dinar...never have and I doubt never will.

So do us bankers here in the US a favor and stop calling us and stop coming into our banks and asking if we know about the Dinar RV!!

I personally have opened at least 250 accounts in the past 3 years for people who come in claiming they are going to have a "Very large deposit next week" only to get them our best high deposit account set up...and then they do not even put $50 in it!!

It gets closed with fees owed since they never met the high cash deposit requirements they promised!

So do us underpaid and overworked bankers a favor...stop calling us thinking we have some insider information!

Instead...go to the CBI website every morning...if it still shows 1170 sell and 1168 buy... go to work!

so........ what your saying is i can call one more time just to be sure the screens are flashing red.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for your input on how the pumpers make up stories about lights in the back room, but when the currency changes value can you give us a heads up ?

OMG Bank Guy! You mean all along I've been believing that you guys were in the know and were going to give out free insider trading type of information to any ole fool that calls on the phone and asks? What! No amber, green, black and white screens? My world is coming to an end!

• Upvote 1

argyll, on 18 October 2011 - 08:33 PM, said:

I think you're both right! It is what it is!

I think all three of you are right

Then the four of us, because we all agree, should go for pints when it's all said & done!

I'm in..nice warm pint.....mmmm

So...............I'm guessing from your statement is that you made at least 10 grand off of these customers with your banks fees and you are complaining about it?? You should be wanting more people to open accounts that you can close with your bank fees. This way you can make even more money without really doing anything. JMHO

So...............I'm guessing from your statement is that you made at least 10 grand off of these customers with your banks fees and you are complaining about it?? You should be wanting more people to open accounts that you can close with your bank fees. This way you can make even more money without really doing anything. JMHO

I don't see a dime of those fees so...what do I care. :rolleyes: