Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Historian

Dinalr sponge

Okay, let's leave the GET Team out of it and just focus on what The Historian said, or rather what she didn't say. She didn't explain how the 25-30 trillion dinar in circulation is going to suddenly shrink down to less than half a trillion to allow for an RV of $1 or more without a lop. She didn't explain how a country with a GDP less than that of Bangladesh is going to be the centerpiece of a global economic reset. She didn't explain how Iraq is going to back up their currency with oil that won't be pumped out of the ground for decades. She did mention that she's not an economist, however. But I think that's fairly obvious.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

I liked the interview and not dumping on it, BUT what do we know about anyone on a phone call or the worldwide web claiming to be an authority on 'initiatives', an economy, or an Rv. It's a wise move to be skeptical with these types of calls. The 'Historian' could just be an ambiguous non essential person plucked out of the get team or okie masses with a bit of business experience and pursuasive rhetoric. Happens all the time and keeps the masses hopeful. The recording sounded good and it makes sense, but lets consider the source and take it for what it is....talk and hypothesis.

I agree with you. It all sounded good and I was planning on listening to the call, but when I saw the GET name mentioned, it was clear to me that this is just another scheme from them. I don't listen to, or believe anything from GET, OKIE, Tony, etc. This sounds like one of the bank stories to me.

By the way, what rock did jonnywg crawl from in the last month or so?

but if you can't trust the GET team, and she has just joined the GET team.............. why trust her?

The Historian stated that she was not an economist but someone who assisted national leaders in assessing their plans, etc. She seemed to know what she was talking about and was articulate in giving quick answers without hesitation. That is attributed to someone who know their business well and the answers were well worded and logical. Personally, I would like to have a script of what she said. I liked what she had to say. Thanks for the post.

Now, can we trust her because she is part of the GETeam? Be careful in judging a person untrustworthy simply because they are speaking on a forum coordinated by the GETeam. She is not a part of the GETeam but may become a regular on the program.But, can we trust her? Who knows! We can trust her as much as we do some of those who post on this site. :D

• Upvote 1

Okay, let's leave the GET Team out of it and just focus on what The Historian said, or rather what she didn't say. She didn't explain how the 25-30 trillion dinar in circulation is going to suddenly shrink down to less than half a trillion to allow for an RV of $1 or more without a lop. She didn't explain how a country with a GDP less than that of Bangladesh is going to be the centerpiece of a global economic reset. She didn't explain how Iraq is going to back up their currency with oil that won't be pumped out of the ground for decades. She did mention that she's not an economist, however. But I think that's fairly obvious.

WOW you are still on that LOP BS honestly if they were going to RD soon they would have to change stocks, shares, bank accounts because an RD reflects just that. Everything needs to be adjusted accordingly look up when turkey and france did RD they changed everything they had to. All though Iraq has came out and has stated that their shares, stocks, bonds, bank accounts wil not be affected that tells me they will not RD before they raise the value how they will do it? that is anyones guess but you better believe they have a plan in place.

also to answer how they will back their curency they have came out and said with Gold how true that is i dunno but they got a crap load of it as well as natural gas and oil and other minerals.

• Upvote 2

I agree with you. It all sounded good and I was planning on listening to the call, but when I saw the GET name mentioned, it was clear to me that this is just another scheme from them. I don't listen to, or believe anything from GET, OKIE, Tony, etc. This sounds like one of the bank stories to me.

By the way, what rock did jonnywg crawl from in the last month or so?

I almost skipped it because of the same judgement, however, I am glad I had to much caffeine in my blood, I was wide awake in the wee hours of the morning with nothing better to do. I was surprisingly shocked. Far more intelligent than a bank story. Too bad you drove by....you missed an opportunity to learn more about the possibilities of your investment.

WOW you are still on that LOP BS honestly

Perhaps you could leave the euphemisms out of it.

if they were going to RD soon they would have to change stocks, shares, bank accounts because an RD reflects just that. Everything needs to be adjusted accordingly look up when turkey and france did RD they changed everything they had to. All though Iraq has came out and has stated that their shares, stocks, bonds, bank accounts wil not be affected that tells me they will not RD before they raise the value how they will do it? that is anyones guess but you better believe they have a plan in place.

So you think a soda that cost 500 dinar's before the RV to $1 will cost $500 USD after the RV? If everything remains fixed in dinar prices Iraq gains nothing, except making their products the most expensive in the world so they won't be able to export a thing. Everything has to come down after a big RV just the same as for an RD. But the problem is the RD doesn't actually impact prices or wages, it just offers a new currency and the existing proces and wages are merely expressed in the new currency. With an RV actual price changes must occur but the government does not have the authority to mandate this so it will just happen organically, and with a big change that means chaotically with both winers (cash holders) and losers (thing holders). Iraq has said that the monetary restricting will not alter the value of shares. It will change the price when expressed in new currency of course just like anything else when expressed in new currency.

As far as the OP goes I think that 10x or 1,000% (i.e. an RV to around a penny) is the maximum it could go, though I don't expect nearly that much and a lot of things have to come down in extremes to get that far.

• Downvote 2

So you think a soda that cost 500 dinar's before the RV to $1 will cost $500 USD after the RV? If everything remains fixed in dinar prices Iraq gains nothing, except making their products the most expensive in the world so they won't be able to export a thing. Everything has to come down after a big RV just the same as for an RD. But the problem is the RD doesn't actually impact prices or wages, it just offers a new currency and the existing proces and wages are merely expressed in the new currency. With an RV actual price changes must occur but the government does not have the authority to mandate this so it will just happen organically, and with a big change that means chaotically with both winers (cash holders) and losers (thing holders). Iraq has said that the monetary restricting will not alter the value of shares. It will change the price when expressed in new currency of course just like anything else when expressed in new currency.

As far as the OP goes I think that 10x or 1,000% (i.e. an RV to around a penny) is the maximum it could go, though I don't expect nearly that much and a lot of things have to come down in extremes to get that far.

Edited by Scrumdiddles
  • Upvote 1

If I am reading you correctly, you are saying the price of a soft drink will not change?! If a soft drink cost 500 dinar before the RV, and the RV is 1d to $1, then the price of the product is adjusted to 1d not $500. The price adjustment is a normal process. If the merchant does not change his price, he will go out of business. If I am buying a soft drink and one store is selling it for 1d and another for 500d, where am I going to buy? The one selling for 1d, of course.

Just a thought: if you were a wealthy investor and you have been watching the IQD for the past 3-5 years, and knowing that it would revalue to be one of the strongest currencies available, would you buy as much as possible if it came out at penny? Sure you would! Who wouldn't? As a wealthy investor you might spend a billion or two on the dinar. It continues to move up the exchange and in 6 months it reaches the glorious amount of .50. Your investment has grown substantially!

The point: there are investors, both individuals and corporate, who would love to buy Iraq! Like to know what if you think that could happen at such a low RV?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I admit I don't have much to go on as far as proof as I can't post more than 1 link from my phone, but a few searches are easy enough for someone to do.

Your reasoning is sound-- if the Iraqi people actually used their currency for purchases--which I don't think they do.

I've done a lot of research on this, and from what I could see from the limited number of English sites -- their goods are either priced in US$ or Euros. I was looking at vehicles last week and remarkably, the prices fall in line with average US vehicle sales numbers--or relative worth.

They love their Toyotas over there.

The properties are astronomically high though.

It leads me to think [without first hand experience] that they might not be as bad off as the media makes them out to be.

Just MO.

Certainly anything that is priced in dollars (prices, wages, loans, etc) will not be effected by an RD or an RV. The ISX is priced in dinars so that seems like a prime candiate. I'd guess any government job or expense has to be in dinars. As for day to day stuff, if its not priced in dinars than all the comments one way or the other about confusion over an RD seems pretty unfounded. But hard to know just what daily life is like.

PARTY POOPER!!!!!

Tssss......these questions are sooo.....stupid.... Everyone knows the answers to those questions!

( Wanna buy some cheap dinar? Eh?)

Certainly anything that is priced in dollars (prices, wages, loans, etc) will not be effected by an RD or an RV. The ISX is priced in dinars so that seems like a prime candiate. I'd guess any government job or expense has to be in dinars. As for day to day stuff, if its not priced in dinars than all the comments one way or the other about confusion over an RD seems pretty unfounded. But hard to know just what daily life is like.

Exactly! Ok now the following isn't necessarily my opinion, but, more of a conjecture of mine and doesn't seem so far fetched:

All the 000's articles everyone's been either wrapping their brains around or getting their undies in a bunch weren't written for the world's consumption...it was written but the Iraqi media (most in Arabic) for the Iraqi people- it's* them* they want to mislead/hoodwink into believing (and from accounts they do) into a RD/LOP scenario....NOT the speculators....to stem speculation on their side would make the most sense to keep things on a more even playing field so everyone isn't a millionaire ... I'm sure a few would make out, but those few would be the ones who understood English and visited sites like/similar to this (in reality...IMO not so many ;) )

And with all the info coming out that's 'negative'....are they going to mistrust their government and try to squirrel Dinars away?

For the ISX, I don't believe that is a thing that the common folk of Iraq partake in...they probably don't gave E*Trade,ScotTrade, Charles Schwab, etc. Offices there to invest their USD$. From reports the Iraqis don't have much of a banking system in place, and they supposedly mistrust them.

Also makes sense for the currency auctions too...they have so much USD$ in their country they have to sell it/exchange it

Just some rambling thoughts I've tossed around in my old noggin

All the 000's articles everyone's been either wrapping their brains around or getting their undies in a bunch weren't written for the world's consumption...it was written but the Iraqi media (most in Arabic) for the Iraqi people- it's* them* they want to mislead/hoodwink into believing (and from accounts they do) into a RD/LOP scenario....NOT the speculators....to stem speculation on their side would make the most sense to keep things on a more even playing field so everyone isn't a millionaire ... I'm sure a few would make out, but those few would be the ones who understood English and visited sites like/similar to this (in reality...IMO not so many ;) )

That's a popular misconception on the part of dinar investors who are new to currency speculation. Let's say the dinar RVs tomorrow to $3. Would everybody in Iraq holding 350,000 dinar instantly become a "millionaire"? Think about it. Their currency was worth over $3 in the past. How many "millionaires" did Iraq have back then? You see, the RV only affects the exchange rate. Purchasing power in country isn't affected. It's the purchasing power outside of the country that's affected. Nobody in Iraq becomes wealthy overnight with an RV, but over time the country would prosper because of greater purchasing power as is the case with Kuwait. The problem here is that Iraq isn't Kuwait. They can't support a value of $3, $2, or even $1 with their curreny money supply and GDP. And the instability/insecurity in their country further complicates matters.

I don't think Iraq is trying to discourage speculation, either from us or from Iraqis. If they wanted us to stop buying dinar they could just stop selling them. I think they need that revenue stream. It's time for people to face the facts here that Iraq is talking about re-denomination because that's probably what they're going to do. The only ones talking about flipping the switch to RV at 1000 to 1 are the pumpers and those who are either gullible enough or unsophisticated enough to buy it.

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It's been said that Iraq has 2 or even possibly 3 sets of books...how does anyone know what they've been doing, and/or what they are actually going to do, much less what they are able to do, or not able to do....how does anyone know exactly how much wealth they possess....we do know for a fact that the entire World is at their doorsteps for something.....No matter what they do, we do know that out of the last appx. 90 years, that the majority of the time during that period, their currency was from appx. $3 to almost $5 per dinar...so now you have probably 10,000 times the amount of commerce going on than ever before, not to mention the soon to be future exploits that will take place since you have a decades long dictator removed....and now some are saying they are a waste of time to watch, invest with, or take a chance on currency that is sub penny levels, knowing the past, while already viewing the future, which is unbelievable...like nothing that has ever been seen on this planet, as per the monetary movements of money that are being done right now in Iraq...

On another note....have we seen the weapons of mass destruction Sadaam had?....Have we seen the audited books of the Federal Reserve?....Do we know the real deficit in the U.S.?...And then some claim to know EXACTLY what will happen with Iraq, their currency, their economy and our investments in the same...B.S......lol....

It's been said that Iraq has 2 or even possibly 3 sets of books...how does anyone know what they've been doing, and/or what they are actually going to do, much less what they are able to do, or not able to do....

The more I read about central banking policies, the more I realize that the CBI does not have to be transparent! We really do not know what is actually going on. It's called "shock" the public.

• Upvote 1

wub.gif

Thanks Carello, agreed! If all I am hearing is correct we will be off this train soon - I am optimistically cautious.

Scooter even spoke with some individuals that some questioned. He did because he is a nice guy and felt he had something of value to share.

I have one toe in the optimism pool, and my hand over my eyes, but peeking through my fingers.

The more I read about central banking policies, the more I realize that the CBI does not have to be transparent! We really do not know what is actually going on. It's called "shock" the public.

No kidding.. I've heard that supposedly the CBI is supposed to be financially transparent, but has anyone provided documentation to reflect that fact?

And is it on a government level

Or is it to every Joe, Moe, & Curly?

• Upvote 1

Scooter even spoke with some individuals that some questioned. He did because he is a nice guy and felt he had something of value to share.

I have one toe in the optimism pool, and my hand over my eyes, but peeking through my fingers.

Sounds like you will soon hear the splash of your whole body into the pool of Optimism!

No kidding.. I've heard that supposedly the CBI is supposed to be financially transparent, but has anyone provided documentation to reflect that fact?

And is it on a government level

Or is it to every Joe, Moe, & Curly?

If you dare, read this - (Seriously it is heavy stuff even for me), but it does bring to light this theory of "shock". Be aware I am not expert, I just like to research and when I dig I can't believe what I can find. So if I am wrong in my deductions, I will stand to be corrected. Thanks

Exactly! Ok now the following isn't necessarily my opinion, but, more of a conjecture of mine and doesn't seem so far fetched:

And with all the info coming out that's 'negative'....are they going to mistrust their government and try to squirrel Dinars away?

This makes no sense to me at all. If the point was to convince Iraqis that an RV was not about to happen, why not just say nothing? The most straight forward interpretation of the articles (that I agree are for Iraqi consumption) saying that a RD is coming, is ... that an RD IS coming. It makes the most sense for Iraq's economy as well.

In a hyper-inflation environment (that was the case up to a couple of years ago) the key is to have as little cash as possible, so that is likely still a common mode of operation. But for an RV you want as much as possible. This all leads me to think the winner/loser conflicts if a big RV were to occur will be very bad.

For the ISX, I don't believe that is a thing that the common folk of Iraq partake in...they probably don't gave E*Trade,ScotTrade, Charles Schwab, etc. Offices there to invest their USD$. From reports the Iraqis don't have much of a banking system in place, and they supposedly mistrust them.

Sure, but the ISX will still have to be vastly revalued if a big RV happens. This will be a very risky time on the ISX as markets tend to overshoot.

Also makes sense for the currency auctions too...they have so much USD$ in their country they have to sell it/exchange it.

Just some rambling thoughts I've tossed around in my old noggin

The auctions are just redistributing dollars and dinars to regional banks (or so it seems to me). and as for "rambling thoughts", that's pretty much what we all are doing! :)

Yes, I remember that incident, it was a lose, truly. Nice guys finish last. :(

Peek-a-boo.

That's a popular misconception on the part of dinar investors who are new to currency speculation. Let's say the dinar RVs tomorrow to $3. Would everybody in Iraq holding 350,000 dinar instantly become a "millionaire"? Think about it. Their currency was worth over $3 in the past. How many "millionaires" did Iraq have back then?

Very few, but now they have 3,000 times as much dinars as they had back when the dinar was worth $3.

You see, the RV only affects the exchange rate. Purchasing power in country isn't affected. It's the purchasing power outside of the country that's affected. Nobody in Iraq becomes wealthy overnight with an RV, but over time the country would prosper because of greater purchasing power as is the case with Kuwait. The problem here is that Iraq isn't Kuwait.

For a country that imports a huge amount of everything that they buy, yes purchasing power IS hughely impacted. Prices in Iraq would have to fall by 3000x if they RV by that amount. Otherwise there is essentially an economic short circuit between the neighboring countries.

They can't support a value of $3, $2, or even $1 with their curreny money supply and GDP. And the instability/insecurity in their country further complicates matters.

On that point I am in total agreement.

I don't think Iraq is trying to discourage speculation, either from us or from Iraqis. If they wanted us to stop buying dinar they could just stop selling them. I think they need that revenue stream. It's time for people to face the facts here that Iraq is talking about re-denomination because that's probably what they're going to do. The only ones talking about flipping the switch to RV at 1000 to 1 are the pumpers and those who are either gullible enough or unsophisticated enough to buy it. [

Again, total agreement.

It makes sense to her why a currency may revalue at 1000%

End Quote

1000% means 10 times the current value which would translate in $0.01 roughly.

And Umbertino, take a look at this-- our European friends should be aware of what might happen to their savings, if I understand this article right (after only a cursory look). Don't know how it works there, but they may want to put their savings in a safer place, perhaps even out of country if this is true.

http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/daniel-amerman/2011/09/20/potential-euro-collapse-and-rapid-redistribution-of-personal-wealth

Good grief!! What do you want? A guarantee?? It would take several economists days or even weeks to provide you a complete analysis of this material, and she didn't once say her report was either complete or the final word. She gave you a huge amount of information, and it that's not enough for you, perhaps you should wander off to a site where they give "Wonderful You" everything you seem to want, all for free, and including that elusivie money-back guarantee!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1