Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The "Oakie Phenomenon"

Over a three year period, Oakie has become a bit of an enigma. Few really know WHO he is, but nearly all know WHAT he is........ a poorly educated; narcissistic; blatantly deceitful; ALWAYS WRONG......Fraud. And yet, despite these undeniable facts, he appears to have a loyal daily following of thousands, and probably tens of thousands more who anxiously "read" his garbage day after day, month after month and year after year. Why? Very simply because he tells people what they so desperately want to hear......that the Dinar will RV "tomorrow."

Oakie finally appears to be backpedalling. Like many sites in the past which have shut down or at the very least posted serious "disclaimers" regarding the information posted on their sites after being warned of potential civil and/or criminal liability, it would seem likely that "someone" has finally enlightened Oakie as to what he may be facing. Given the fact that there are likely no "deep pockets" available from which to obtain huge jury awards, and no specific serious harm to the government, I'll be very pleasantly surprised to see the type of investigation and prosecution worthy of the likes of Oakie and his ilk. It could happen, and undoubtedly, it SHOULD happen, but don't be surprised if it doesn't. Maybe they'll eventually pay for their crimes, and maybe they won't. As is the case with the Dinar, we can only HOPE.

Oakie and some of the other well-known pumpers and gurus in Dinar World have probably victimized more "individual" people than most, if not ALL of the most notorious scam artists in history. Unfortunately, due to the fact that most of the victims won't want to "admit" that they were deceived, most won't file specific actions or complaints. Add to that obstacle the fact that because it has occurred over the internet, these offenses have spanned literally thousands of different "jurisdictions," crossing the borders of 50 States, and literally countless Cities, Counties, and even "Countries," making investigation and prosecution extremely expensive and problematic to put it mildly. But this doesn't mean that it can't, or won't happen. Only time will tell.

Obviously, Oakie and many of the others have somehow been made aware of these risks and have therefor altered their tactics. But the only way the Oakies and the many others like him will finally disappear is if people stop encouraging their BS and fraud by lapping it up as though it were liquid gold and spreading it shamelessly across the internet. I would encourage those who have access to specific information regarding the identities of these individuals by way of names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail and "IP" addresses, etc. to keep careful records of that information. It could be very helpful at a later date.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 2

Legolas, +1 for the post, but as I sit here, fully agreeing with everything you say, the truth is that there is a VERY TINY PART of me that is grateful to the gurus. I learned about this (call it speculation, call it investment) from an Okie follower. I did the research only after I bought. Now that I have all of the facts, I have been attempting to "deprogram" the person who told me about this. Unfortunately, I have not been able to YET. I bought once, no more than I could afford to lose. My friend, not so lucky. It is like a drug to him, or like a person who sits in front of a slot machine, saying "I'll just spend another 10.00, then I am done." Each time this person goes to the bank to pick up his latest purchase, he buys more. I do not know a lot about his financial situation, but the vibe I got from his wife tells me that she would like it to stop.

So yes, I completely agree. The madness needs to stop, and it looks as if it is at least starting to slow down. (for now, anyway). But honestly, now that I have all of the facts, I (sort of) appreciate the gurus, because without them, I may not be here. (Not a popular post, I know..... but an honest one none the less)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

STOP STOP STOP....why do you get on the dinar sights if you have to be so negative, by all means, GO SOME WHERE ELSE. I really don't understand what it is with you negative snobs. SIMPLE....go somewhere else and leave us 'know nothings' to our happy, positive, selves!! NUFF SAID :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 16

Legolas, +1 for the post, but as I sit here, fully agreeing with everything you say, the truth is that there is a VERY TINY PART of me that is grateful to the gurus. I learned about this (call it speculation, call it investment) from an Okie follower. I did the research only after I bought. Now that I have all of the facts, I have been attempting to "deprogram" the person who told me about this. Unfortunately, I have not been able to YET. I bought once, no more than I could afford to lose. My friend, not so lucky. It is like a drug to him, or like a person who sits in front of a slot machine, saying "I'll just spend another 10.00, then I am done." Each time this person goes to the bank to pick up his latest purchase, he buys more. I do not know a lot about his financial situation, but the vibe I got from his wife tells me that she would like it to stop.

So yes, I completely agree. The madness needs to stop, and it looks as if it is at least starting to slow down. (for now, anyway). But honestly, now that I have all of the facts, I (sort of) appreciate the gurus, because without them, I may not be here. (Not a popular post, I know..... but an honest one none the less)

HA! HA! Ditto relative to the research!

I deprogrammed my friend as well yet his brother still feeds it to him though he says he just deletes the Okie bs.

Well, when it does RV, he will be forgiven [just like my friend's wife]!

biggrin.gif

• Downvote 1

STOP STOP STOP....why do you get on the dinar sights if you have to be so negative, by all means, GO SOME WHERE ELSE. I really don't understand what it is with you negative snobs. SIMPLE....go somewhere else and leave us 'know nothings' to our happy, positive, selves!! NUFF SAID :-)

gidma, maybe YOU should just follow Okie's site ONLY...then you can continue to stay a "happy, know nothing" tongue.gif NUFF SAID

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Is this the real Okie?

ScottiG and Bear talkig ove Okies daily post

I think this sums up the OOM adventure

Wouldn't you just LOVE to be present at their High School graduation when that video is played again on a big screen in front of hundreds of their friends and relatives? Priceless treasure that will never get old. B)

HA! HA! Ditto relative to the research!

I deprogrammed my friend as well yet his brother still feeds it to him though he says he just deletes the Okie bs.

Well, when it does RV, he will be forgiven [just like my friend's wife]!

biggrin.gif

how, how how?? Please tell me! Did you put a sack over his head, throw him in the back of a van and lock him in a room with REAL articles?? I'm willing to listen to all deprogramming possibilities!

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING criminally or civilly wrong with okie. Ethically and morally maybe.

You are a friggin liberal nut job, who feels the need to protect everyone. We don't need or want you to manage what I read, who I read, and preventing me from acting based on what I read.

If there is anyone attempting to MANIPULATE the situation, IT IS YOU!!!!! So why don't YOU worry about YOU, what YOU read, and what YOU do?!!!!!!

Stop kicking the ant pile and stop drumming your feelings and opinions to direct other peoples thoughts.

I hate that people like you feel like you're absolved of doing the same darn thing you accuse others of doing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

People who have "issues" with the stuff being pumped ALL OVER THE PLACE have just as much right to post their opinion as the people who walk around singing "RV tomorrow" as if they were in some sort of musical. If you truly believe that your opinion and point of view is the only one that counts, I suggest you lock yourself in a room somewhere because the real world doesn't work that way.

• Upvote 3

Denial: This guy can't be right, can he?

Anger: I hate this guy! He promises it will be done, but it's not!!

Bargaining: OK, I'll believe what he says if some other Gurus agree with him.

Depression: He's not right. This RV will take forever.

Acceptance:Stop believing in him. Tell others that I don't.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING criminally or civilly wrong with okie. Ethically and morally maybe.

You are a friggin liberal nut job, who feels the need to protect everyone. We don't need or want you to manage what I read, who I read, and preventing me from acting based on what I read.

If there is anyone attempting to MANIPULATE the situation, IT IS YOU!!!!! So why don't YOU worry about YOU, what YOU read, and what YOU do?!!!!!!

Stop kicking the ant pile and stop drumming your feelings and opinions to direct other peoples thoughts.

I hate that people like you feel like you're absolved of doing the same darn thing you accuse others of doing.

Study the criminal fraud statutes of nearly every State in this country (let alone others who might treat his actions with increased severity) and then spend some time reading the thousands of civil fraud cases available in Lexis Nexis before you categorically state that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING criminally or civilly wrong with Oakie. If verifiably false information is purveyed, and victims are financially harmed, there is potential liability, both criminally and civilly, particularly if it can be demonstrated that the perpetrator of the fraud has profited from the offense.

HATE all you want, but there is a HUGE difference between Oakie and those who criticize his despicable actions!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Study the criminal fraud statutes of nearly every State in this country (let alone others who might treat his actions with increased severity) and then spend some time reading the thousands of civil fraud cases available in Lexis Nexis before you categorically state that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING criminally or civilly wrong with Oakie. If verifiably false information is purveyed, and victims are financially harmed, there is potential liability, both criminally and civilly, particularly if it can be demonstrated that the perpetrator of the fraud has profited from the offense.

HATE all you want, but there is a HUGE difference between Oakie and those who criticize his despicable actions!

Wow, I was going to say the same thing about you. What you are doing is called Slander unless YOU can prove otherwise, stop it! Please refer to the DinarVet Forum Rules. Normally I would direct the offender to a certain section of the rules, but you need to read all of them.

Closing Topic.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5