Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

From the horses' mouth, CH7 will only be lifted after election.......

gideonx

It appears the Iraqi spokesman is indicating that their hope is that the sanctions can be lifted in the wake of the Iraqi March 7 election and after the achievement of a satisfactory accord with Kuwait on the remaining issues that are currently dividing them. It seems that the lifting of sanctions would benefit the potentiality of a revaluation for the Iraqi dinar and hence the plausibility of pursuing the redenomination process that Iraq already has officially announced. What we can see in this situation is that the revaluation is merely a matter of time and not a question of whether or not it will occur to begin with. It may be seen that the redenomination effort would be impractical in an economic sense without a prior or concurrent revaluation. To wait out this process only requires patience and willpower. The question arises as to whether or not the Chapter VII lifting is actually a requirement for the revaluation process to proceed or whether the RV/RI may actually proceed on its own in the absence of the Chapter VII lifting.

Many may not agree with this speculation but........

Will RV happen before CH7 being lifted?

Answer: Unlikely...... :)

Who is going to announce it?

Not IMF, not alone anyway...... if Iraq is to be a sovereign nation and join the international community.

IMF and Shabibi( CBI chief)?

Will Shabibi take upon himself and risk being sacked himself when the incoming newly elected Govt of Iraq disagree with the rate?

Will Shabibi face the press and then take responsibility things go awry with the new rate........ He will have to resign

Brilliant and brave as Shabibi is, I can't see him doing that at this stage of his illustrious career.

Moreover there seems to be some family disputes between CBI and TBI.....

So the new Govt must be in place.............. yes it's outside Maliki's nor the President's hands..........

The RV rate may have already been set between IMF and Iraq in preparation of CH7 of being lifted.........it is quite possible......given all the intel

The trigger is therefore the lifting of CH7 and the concurrence of the newly elected Govt (assuming Maliki bites the political dust)

Should the new Govt disagree with the RV rate and re-propose another rate, IMF will have to agree to it first. It's here that the US can exert some influence( if not control ) over the RV rate through UNSC and IMF.

And we know US needs to pay for its war expenses.......... :)

just my 2 dinars worth............. hope it revalues soon......... :)

Many may not agree with this speculation but........

Will RV happen before CH7 being lifted?

Answer: Unlikely...... :)

Who is going to announce it?

Not IMF, not alone anyway...... if Iraq is to be a sovereign nation and join the international community.

IMF and Shabibi( CBI chief)?

Will Shabibi take upon himself and risk being sacked himself when the incoming newly elected Govt of Iraq disagree with the rate?

Will Shabibi face the press and then take responsibility things go awry with the new rate........ He will have to resign

Brilliant and brave as Shabibi is, I can't see him doing that at this stage of his illustrious career.

Moreover there seems to be some family disputes between CBI and TBI.....

So the new Govt must be in place.............. yes it's outside Maliki's nor the President's hands..........

The RV rate may have already been set between IMF and Iraq in preparation of CH7 of being lifted.........it is quite possible......given all the intel

The trigger is therefore the lifting of CH7 and the concurrence of the newly elected Govt (assuming Maliki bites the political dust)

Should the new Govt disagree with the RV rate and re-propose another rate, IMF will have to agree to it first. It's here that the US can exert some influence( if not control ) over the RV rate through UNSC and IMF.

And we know US needs to pay for its war expenses.......... :)

just my 2 dinars worth............. hope it revalues soon......... :)

Hey! gideonx, now you have spoken like the real war hero Gideon without fear for modern-days bashers.

Who is Gideon? He was an early war hero for Israel. He defeated an army, numbered like locusts with only 300 men. Judges like Gideon were the leaders before the age of kings.

If there is any truth in this story, http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesPublicSite/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2062254&Language=en

and if the RV cant happen until Chap 7 is lifted, then maybe there are issues with Iraqs neighbors on borders.

From what I understand, Iranians are all over the place in Iraq right now as well as people from other muslim nations.

The other day maliki accused Iran of interfering with the election process.

It seems like everythings tied together, thoughts?

Just in my opinion, I personally believe Kuwait is willing to forgive Iraq provided PM Maliki is re-elected in this upcoming parliamentary elections. Kuwait might be afraid of a possible chance for PM Maliki's political opposition party who still supports the late Saddam Hussein winning the political game this time and Kuwait's patience is foreseeable because 7th of March 2010 is rather near. Dinar holders, my fellow countrymen! Please lend me your ears! Please! Please! Please! Just to have one month more of your patience needed together to pray hard as one mankind regardless of who you are to adopt the same mindset for our solidarity towards our similar dreams and hopes for such a windfall. We all need to have such a windfall to do good for ourselves, right? God should fulfil it because we are not planning to be rich to take over Obama Administration or whatever: we are planning to be rich for the sake of helping our own family members first prior to helping others if we can still afford to do so. For those who want to give up IQD, just give yourself another month till April Fool's Day. Fair? No one in this world owes us a living - do remember this!

It sounds like Kuwait will get worked out. Now Iraq letting the UN maintain its borders? According to that article I posted and found in the news section Iraq objects to haveing anyone else maintain their borders. Maybe they see that as an "occupying force"

I dont have numbers, but a lot of our U.S. service men and women have been killed by arms supplied from Iran. A LOT. Someone has to get out there and bust heads on the borders and if thats one issue holding up chap 7 then they need to get that done...

It's just my opinion on the border issue btw.

Muhammad, You are exactly right. If everyone would step back and look at what all has happened to lead up to this RV it all makes sense. I know we all keep hearing tomorrow, when it doesnt happen everybody gets upset. I think it is all a plan that was set a long time ago. The steps are coming to pass every day one by one leading to this RV. This Rv is Iraq's life, it is not somebody guessing which day to say OK let's do it today. It has been planned out for years. These people are smart people, and there is a time line set that makes perfect sense. After the Rv has happened and you look back at what happened to get to the RV, you will see there was a plan in place and certain things had to take place before it could RV. Be patient each step gets us that much closer. It will happen.

Forget the" eddies" downstream, go to the source:

Go to the press stakeouts at UN:

http://www.un.org/webcast/stakeout.html

Can RV happen before CH7 being lifted? Maybe

Will RV happen before CH7 being lifted? Dont know

may be someone else can light up this area...... thank you

I have a question but first I want to refer to the article we received on the Currency Re-denomination, Salih said by the end of 2010 the new banknotes will be fully introduced, then when there is a RV then Iraq will need those smaller denominational bills in order to conduct business, right. Okay, how many of us think that Iraq is just pulling our leg about putting the lower denominations in circulation at the end of 2010? And if we believe Iraq is telling the truth, then we won't see the RV this year. So I think there is no use in getting too excited as of yet! JMHO

The link I'm referring to is: http://www.rferl.org/content/Iraq_Planning_Currency_Redenomination/1950504.html

Thank you for THAT!! Well said.why would anyone even consider giving up on this "one chance in a lifetime opportunity although my investment may be just fancy wallpaper what does it hurt to wait anonther month or two,or three or four.....its going to happen!!it does seem as though many of us had faith in this ganble but I see it with the odds in my favor.