Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The RV and Currency

FFEJ

Wow!! estewart knows how it's goin'down!! NOT!! We've got another "NEW GURU" in the house, seems like they just keep popping up lately!!

+1 for reading my mind and evidently he must be in the Iraqi inner circle or just a misfortune teller :D

I just can't believe the negatives given for your positive statement. If I convinced Myself that this would be the outcome, I sure wouldn't be here wasting my time!

So what do you guys think about the smaller denominations, I have herd that with the smaller ones at cash out say 1000.00 you can cash out and not pay taxes as long as you do not cash over 5000.00 a day so would they be better in this regard?

Anmont,

Your question is a very good one to ask; I am sure you will get many answers.

If it is a straight up RV, with no limit on the time to redeem, there could be tax benefits by controlling the amount cashed in; as long as the IRS taxes this by brackets.

I am sure others can fill in the gaps, add or correct me on that, but the possibility of controlling tax liability seems to be a possibility.

Unfortunately, when you get below 1000 dinar notes, the dealers demand a much large spread on the smalls.

If it goes the other way, they will all be small notes.

What's your problem? I said you can believe whatever you like. I don't care.

I'm always shooting down others? I only shoot down BS and idiocy. And lies. I strongly support anyone who is stating things validly. Throughout the forum there exists many messages posted by me just saying, "Right!" or something similar. So the idea I am negative is BS in itself.

If it's Santa you want to believe in, fine by me. BUT if in an open forum you start preaching your beliefs I will likely counter them all unless I am directly asked by the ADMIN to not post on the particular topic under "discussion."

If you think your statement is positive your posted Location: Beyond the Edge of the Known explains everything

Anmont,

Your question is a very good one to ask; I am sure you will get many answers.

If it is a straight up RV, with no limit on the time to redeem, there could be tax benefits by controlling the amount cashed in; as long as the IRS taxes this by brackets.

I am sure others can fill in the gaps, add or correct me on that, but the possibility of controlling tax liability seems to be a possibility.

Unfortunately, when you get below 1000 dinar notes, the dealers demand a much large spread on the smalls.

If it goes the other way, they will all be small notes.

Thank you Dalite, for the answer. I have every bill and the tax was the deciding factor for me to purchase lower ones.

Thank you Dalite, for the answer. I have every bill and the tax was the deciding factor for me to purchase lower ones.

The important thing is to do what puts you most at ease with your investment.

You are putting together a plan that gives you both comfort and a bit of versatility.

I don't have any idea of what will happen, either. And I've never inferred I did. But I do understand what the situation will be LIKE If three zeros get removed. And THAT is something I hope does NOT happen.

I would be happy to address you with more respect, sir, in the future. But please understand, I judiciously levy out respect where it is due.

Note, I was accurate in my expression about discussions. And I am not fond of debates, either.

In a forum like this I look to become educated, not by opinions, or beliefs, but by passed on valid Intel. And I in turn, pass on what I know when it is asked for like it was in the first message in this thread. And like several other peeps here, we correct the toxic pumper material which leaks into the forum.

Again, I made no value assessment of your post, one way or another. I believe we are all accurate about our individual perspectives about discussions. Perhaps we just have a different idea of what a discussion is... and that's fine. Personally my expressions are submitted very objectively, and without knowing any specific outcome... I refrain from speaking in absolutes. I look forward to gaining more insight from all substantive posts... yours included. :)

• Upvote 1

Read all the reports (generally refereed to as, articles) coming out of Iraq. They can be difficult to make out because of computer translations. But if you read enough of them you can gain an understanding of what they are saying.

Unfortunately, those article are the only thing we have for valid Intel. However, there is a segment of the members here who will strive to convince you that the articles are just smoke and mirrors, intended to delude us. However, further, that would leave us with no information apart from certain others that routinely predict dates when an RV will occur. RVs which never happen. And since they have proved themselves to be liars again and again they need to be disregard. But there is also a segment of the members here who are highly supportive of what the liars spew, and they attack all members here, such as myself, who repeat what the articles from Iraq say.

And that is what is going on here.

Thank you for your advice.... I do read everything on here, and of course the "articles" that are most "newsworthy". My only concern, of which you also referenced, is the difficulty in understanding the translations. We all do the best we can to grasp what truth we can out of them, but combine that with the prospect of "misinformation" being included... and we are left to believe only what makes sense to us individually... and that, of course varies. So.... that's where the discussions and opinions provide a lot of contrast and validation. So.... I'll take "my own word for it", no one elses. :)

• Upvote 1

Can someone help me. I bought some dinars in the 25k amount.

If they delete the three 000's does my 25k become 25 dinar,

I'm a bit confused. Should I exchange for 500 dinar amount.

Or will they accept the old currency at face value.

Thanks

I too have been trying to get the mechanics of this play down. The LOP is a no brainer, but how will the RV affect the post Lop currency?

Okay here is what I think is going to happen, And please! I'm open for constructive critisisim. Its why I'm here seeking understanding for my group of intrested investors in BAMA.

Say I buy 500,000 Dinar for $500 USD. They lop and that 500K turns into 500Dinar ...still the same $500USD invetsed and I would assume it would be worth the $500USD 1IRD for 1 USD.

Okay then the RV and as they want to get the Dinar back up to pre Saddam days fo $4.00+, So my simple brain says my 500 Dinar will have a potential RV of 400% to the dollar.

If I hold through the LOP and the RV I will see my $500 investmed be worth $2000.

Now to see those 500K Dinar notes today hit $4.00+.... would be beyond an investment and that is where I see all the hype and Urber promiss being stated on a few of these forums.

Now Don't get me wrong, I'd love to score a 40,000% gain. 400% aint to shabby, but clarity is all we want.

Which way do yall see this being driven?

I think of Mr. Iraqi Joe Q Public holding some savings and his ability to buy. Okay the inflated numbers are a no big deal. It takes 2500 Dinar to buy a coke. After the LOP it will take 2.5 D. What he would want is to increase what he holds in buying power, not just another pretty piece of paper. Let him hold the 25Kd and still have the ability to buy a coke for 2.5D. Thats what I see as getting this country's evauation back on track with the assests they hold in Natural resources?

I too have been trying to get the mechanics of this play down. The LOP is a no brainer, but how will the RV affect the post Lop currency?

Just a suggestion, LOP means different things to different folks, but what you are talking about is an RD and we all agree on what that is I think.

Say I buy 500,000 Dinar for $500 USD. They lop and that 500K turns into 500Dinar ...still the same $500USD invetsed and I would assume it would be worth the $500USD 1IRD for 1 USD.

Okay then the RV and as they want to get the Dinar back up to pre Saddam days fo $4.00+, So my simple brain says my 500 Dinar will have a potential RV of 400% to the dollar.

If I hold through the LOP and the RV I will see my $500 investmed be worth $2000.

Now to see those 500K Dinar notes today hit $4.00+.... would be beyond an investment and that is where I see all the hype and Urber promiss being stated on a few of these forums.

Now Don't get me wrong, I'd love to score a 40,000% gain. 400% aint to shabby, but clarity is all we want.

Which way do yall see this being driven?

You've got it (at least as I see it). The numbers are an approximation since the dinar is not at $0.00086 not $0.001, but yes, to get up to $4+ with a 1000:1 RD and an RV, the RV would actually have to be about 5x, which would let those that bought in at $1200 per million actually make 400%, which would be one happy day in my book!

The one fly is if they wait till after the RD is over to do the RV, since then we might have to exchange for the new dinar and get abused by the dealers again and wait two years. But that would be a long wait for Iraq as well and I don't think they will want to do that. Shabibi is starting to worry about inflation again.

I think of Mr. Iraqi Joe Q Public holding some savings and his ability to buy. Okay the inflated numbers are a no big deal. It takes 2500 Dinar to buy a coke. After the LOP it will take 2.5 D. What he would want is to increase what he holds in buying power, not just another pretty piece of paper. Let him hold the 25Kd and still have the ability to buy a coke for 2.5D. Thats what I see as getting this country's evauation back on track with the assests they hold in Natural resources?

Again the numbers are off a bit, a 25,000 IQD note is worth $21.50 and a coke is still only $0.50, but you are right the RD alone is not about increasing value but making a cash based life easier. Which is why I agree a small RV is likely to happen in conjunction with the RD. I'm not expecting it to be as big as 5x to get the new dinar to $4+, but maybe only 1.5x or 2x to get in the $1-$2 range to allow the possibility to grow over time. If they start too high they are taking away a lever the CBI can use to tinker with the economy so I think they'll leave themselves some headroom. Edited by xyzzy
  • Upvote 1

Just a suggestion, LOP means different things to different folks, but what you are talking about is an RD and we all agree on what that is I think.

You've got it (at least as I see it). The numbers are an approximation since the dinar is not at $0.00086 not $0.001, but yes, to get up to $4+ with a 1000:1 RD and an RV, the RV would actually have to be about 5x, which would let those that bought in at $1200 per million actually make 400%, which would be one happy day in my book!

The one fly is if they wait till after the RD is over to do the RV, since then we might have to exchange for the new dinar and get abused by the dealers again and wait two years. But that would be a long wait for Iraq as well and I don't think they will want to do that. Shabibi is starting to worry about inflation again.

Again the numbers are off a bit, a 25,000 IQD note is worth $21.50 and a coke is still only $0.50, but you are right the RD alone is not about increasing value but making a cash based life easier. Which is why I agree a small RV is likely to happen in conjunction with the RD. I'm not expecting it to be as big as 5x to get the new dinar to $4+, but maybe only 1.5x or 2x to get in the $1-$2 range to allow the possibility to grow over time. If they start too high they are taking away a lever the CBI can use to tinker with the economy so I think they'll leave themselves some headroom.

Very Logical and very possible scenario based of the info that is collaborated with actual released information. I think this is the most likely scenario, unless they just RV to a rate like .001. for the current dinar and then issue a different lower denomination that will have a 1 to 1 rate or higher to start than with slow growth over the next 3 years to around 3.5 USD to 1 KWD. "The KIS process" this will also help keep inflation down raise salaries and provide a realistic and methodical avenue to a logical goal of dinar parity in the middle east and lowered inflation, higher salaries and better purchasing power, while eliminating the bulk of notes.

• Upvote 1

I do not give a fig about what people say in discussions. I pay attention to what comes out of Iraq. And what I said Iraq has said many times. EXACTLY!

WHY regard what yip yap is going on in discussions? How can you possibly benefit by that? Oh, maybe you love the warm and cozy soft effect of being pumped, is that right?

ANYONE can believe what they want. But, fairy tales aren't true. And neither is Santa Claus. Sorry to be the first to clue you in about that.

I realize that truth hurts, and am sorry about that, too.

NOTE that FFEJ was asking a specific question. (See above.)

FFEJ directly asked about the removal the three zeros.

FFEJ did NOT ask about the subject matter pertaining to an RV, so everyone who brought that matter up was NOT answering FFEJ's question, and if YOU think you were you are completely mistaken and you should apologize to FFEJ for twisting the issue.

I don't know about spending more to get 500 notes, but I do know the rest was right on.

Fully full of you know what.

Right.

Santa Claus is not REAL????????

Again the numbers are off a bit, a 25,000 IQD note is worth $21.50 and a coke is still only $0.50, but you are right the RD alone is not about increasing value but making a cash based life easier. Which is why I agree a small RV is likely to happen in conjunction with the RD. I'm not expecting it to be as big as 5x to get the new dinar to $4+, but maybe only 1.5x or 2x to get in the $1-$2 range to allow the possibility to grow over time. If they start too high they are taking away a lever the CBI can use to tinker with the economy so I think they'll leave themselves some headroom.

I dunno, I was thinking 2,500D for a coke and thats about par for a Coke in any US airport,LOL. $2.50 Just an example, but I agree with your logic. I do not see some magical overnight $4.00+ RV on the currency being held by all today, but a slow rise over a few years. The LOP does nothing. Like repainting a car. The value has not changed just the look. Maybe the LOP will make the RV an easier transition.

I look at the currency as stock in a company. To do a RV one must look at what the counrty is worth, asests to the amount of currency printed. They are giving the oil away for free today as they should to pay for the war debt. Once the oil is in full production and selling at spot oil prices, and revenues are going back in the pockets of the people, do I see the value of the dinar to really take off. Iraq will become the new Alaska. I see this as a 3-5 year pay off.

I'm just not sure I want to buy today. Wait for the RD and then load the boat. But to hold some just in case the over night magic does happen. I just don't see it.

One thing I do like is Ron Paul is aginst any US citizen owning the Dinar. He views it as spoils of war. So there must be an expected increase in value viewed by Washington insiders. 4000+ dead, there should be some spoils. Give every KIA soldier 5mm Dinar to his estate. Now thats just me.

I hear so many people saying ohh im going to buy lower denoms so im (protected) if they lop do you think that people holding lower denoms will be rich i think its impossible for a country to rv some money and then other bills say ohh were lopping these if it rvs then we all are happy if it lops i dont think it will then we all will be in same boat i have high and low notes but it makes no diffrence hope that helps.... again this is just my opinion and estewart i see what your saying nothing good has came from iraq as far as legit articlesthere saying what there doing but im just hoping like everyone else they do what makes sence... im going for rv and i believe it will rv, either way i think rv is inevitable its just a matter on how and when they do it if we make $$$

What you may be referring to.....there was some comversation when the lower denoms first came out, some were talking about buying them to defeat the IRS reporting requirement on excess cash transactions. The theory was they could cash in at a 1-1 RV 50's, 250's etc without incurring a reporting requirement, whereas with a 10K or 25K note @1-1 would trigger that requirement. hope this helps

• Upvote 2

Now Don't get me wrong, I'd love to score a 40,000% gain.

End Quote

If that were to happen then it would turn into a 400,000% gain and not a 40,000% one.

That is, if 1 Dinar would become $4.00 with no lop ( pretty impossible, I'd say) with your Capital increased 4,000 times.

Exactly! Same with me. But to many others, that is a fools way to go about it. But I have no good explanation for that.

One thing to keep in mind, the articles are meant for Iraqis, not us. But there are number of members who believe they exist to confuse us and seclude us about the prospects of an RV. And in the "conversations" you like to regard their views tend to tip the table. That is one of the reasons I am not fond of opinions. Too many of them stem from a position beyond the Foul Line.

Estwart...is correct...and all of his posts in this thread are correct...but remember it isn't Estwart who is proposing the redenomination...it is the CBI...he and Dalite and others are merely explaining the context and intent of the articles...which are very clear in what they are saying...

• Upvote 1