Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How many dinar

cooked

Does anyone have any idea of how many Dinar are actually on the streets of Iraq? How many Dinar are really in the hands of the Iraqi people? I think this could be a real indicator of how much they can rv to.

Here little pink piggy piggy :eyebrows:

This is a question that no one can give you an honest answer. When I was there the normal everyday people lived meager lives but then you have the crooks who live like kings so coming up with the correct someone that knows the crooks could give you the best answer. I worked with the normal people and they didn't have much.

As per another thread yesterday they were asked to de-dollarize and only use IQD, (back in 2007 this happened )- on the same note, they have been trying to draw in as mush IQD as possible - so a real catch 22. I think to combat the conflict they issued Eagle cards to Americans / Foreigners and Ration cards / Smart cards and Gas cards to locals, in lieu of IQD Cash & USD. I'm sure the powers that be - World Bank / IMF / CBI are all crunching number now to figure out exactly what the new rate will be. I believe future oil revenues can be used as an asset when contemplating the value of a country's currency (an article I posted last week confirmed that). The HCL is the delay on the new rate I would think - it sets out actual future revenue(s) which can be based on proven oil reserves set over a specific period of time - something I would think the IMF/CBI/WORLD BANK etc. could use in their final calculation. The rate needs to be set on factual revenue data which the HCL should provide - whenever it gets passed ??

Edited by Heinzy444

As per another thread yesterday they were asked to de-dollarize and only use IQD, (back in 2007 this happened )- on the same note, they have been trying to draw in as mush IQD as possible - so a real catch 22. I think to combat the conflict they issued Eagle cards to Americans / Foreigners and Ration cards / Smart cards and Gas cards to locals, in lieu of IQD Cash & USD. I'm sure the powers that be - World Bank / IMF / CBI are all crunching number now to figure out exactly what the new rate will be. I believe future oil revenues can be used as an asset when contemplating the value of a country's currency (an article I posted last week confirmed that). The HCL is the delay on the new rate I would think - it sets out actual future revenue(s) which can be based on proven oil reserves set over a specific period of time - something I would think the IMF/CBI/WORLD BANK etc. could use in their final calculation. The rate needs to be set on factual revenue data which the HCL should provide - whenever it gets passed ??

Ahhhhh now I got you thinking!!! This awesome! There is no doubt in my mind this is whats going on! There has to be a very limited number of dinar on the streets over there! Thanks for keeping my thoughts going....I believe this is it and we are getting very close!!!

Does anyone have any idea of how many Dinar are actually on the streets of Iraq? How many Dinar are really in the hands of the Iraqi people? I think this could be a real indicator of how much they can rv to.

Here little pink piggy piggy :eyebrows:

I believe there obviously is very little in comparison to the USD being used in country as per my question yesterday....it appears the banks have pulled much of the dinar off the market so it will be the banks as usual who will make the money off an RV....I can see how they could do an RI at this point! The average Iraqi takes his 300 USD and exchanges it for 100 dinar after an RV/RI....startin to become crystal clear how this all plays out. GO RV BABY!!!

This is a question that no one can give you an honest answer. When I was there the normal everyday people lived meager lives but then you have the crooks who live like kings so coming up with the correct someone that knows the crooks could give you the best answer. I worked with the normal people and they didn't have much.

Sounds like the american way over there!!! Lol

• Downvote 1

Less than 2 trillion in Iraqi hands, and another 15 out of Iraq. Iraqi's are using the dollar. Iraqi's are so poor, and dinars they have are used to live from month to month. The lopsters try and state there are 60 trillion.

Actually it is the CBI that is stating that their M2 is 60 trillion dinar. Here is the LINK.

For those that do not have Excel on their machine and wish to view this file, MS does have free viewers for their Office products which are available at this LINK. They're much like Acrobat Reader, where you can view the files but not make modifications.

Edited by HopefulTxn

Actually it is the CBI that is stating that their M2 is 60 trillion dinar. Here is the LINK.

For those that do not have Excel on their machine and wish to view this file, MS does have free viewers for their Office products which are available at this LINK. They're much like Acrobat Reader, where you can view the files but not make modifications.

Lol hopelesstxn....the CBI has been so reliable up to this point I can see why you would believe everything on their site! These people cant even update their site in a timely manor. Who cares what the site reads....we know its not possible to have that kinda dinar in circulation. You act as if the Iraqi people visit the site....lol....dont think they are technologically asvanced yet....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Accurate data reporting by the central bank is required by the IMF (and likely the WTO, WorldBank etc). Iraq is not going to be pushing out made up data if they want their currency to be internationally tradable.

Oh yes they are....the whole lop debate is dead! The dinar in circulation is not even close to what the actual amount is. Hey if you wanna believe everything you rrad then havr at it! Good luck w that! Like Ive said 100xs....some people shouldnt be invested in this and are ckearly one of them!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

You're welcome to your fantasies, have fun! Indeed with 20/20 hindsight I would not have bought, but it would be stupid to sell now.

As are you! Hey dont sell now we are gettin close! Just dont troll the boards looking to argue....the members here are very educated they really dont need the negative input...we have all looked at both sides. Most just choose to look at the bright side...but hey dont worry brother its guna come to you to!

You're welcome to your fantasies, have fun! Indeed with 20/20 hindsight I would not have bought, but it would be stupid to sell now.

As are you! Hey dont sell now we are gettin close! Just dont troll the boards looking to argue....the members here are very educated they really dont need the negative input...we have all looked at both sides. Most just choose to look at the bright side...but hey dont worry brother its guna come to you to!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Sorry I missed that, since it seems very unlikely to me, can you post the link again?

But I thought the HCL is about how oil revenue is divided in Iraq, so why would that impact the dinar/dollar exchange rate even if it is based in some part at least, on assets in the ground? Geology reports that estimate their reserves (they just increased that estimate a month or so ago to 143B barrels I think), are not part of the HCL those come out, or at least have come out, indepenently.

Here you go:

They (CBI) has attempted at removing the USD from circulation completely but I don't think it's been fully successful.

To combat inflation, action has been initiated on three fronts. First, the Central Bank of Iraq raised its policy interest rates sharply and allowed a gradual appreciation of the dinar. These measures aimed to de-dollarize the economy in order to enhance the central bank's control over monetary conditions, and also to reduce imported inflation.

As per this IMF report:

http://www.imf.org/e...2007/050307.htm

Read more:

Also, the HCL won't specify $/Dinar amounts to be brought in and distributed. It will and does specify who gets what % - this has been the sticking point as we all now know. Now, like the Iraq Budget (recently based on $67 USD a barrel/approx. -but now we see they have a surplus - just a side note) - they (CBI/IMF/World Bank etc.) can calculate future cash reserves based on a per barrel price and proven oil reserves. Coupled t hiswith exact percentages of wealth distribution gives them what the future reserve(s) will be - the HCL will create (in laymans terms) a "constant" which can be used to create (along with "proven" oil reserves) a solid future reserve figure that can be used to calculate the new rate. This is what I believe has or is now about to happen with the approval of the HCL.Good luck to all.

More:

Some other factors worth noting beyond just the 58 B Reserve number recently released by CBI.

Factors Affecting Currency Value:

1. Political Conditions in the Country - This includes the stability of the government, the amount of corruption, bribery and the degree of law and order. Also includes a country's relationships with other countries and especially their relationship to US, UK, China and Russia. The form of government in the country is also a factor used to assess the value of a currency. Consider the widely varying forms of government in Saudi Arabia, China, UK, Venezuela and Thailand, just to name a few.

2. Economic Situation - This includes factors such as jobs, unemployment, work ethic, infrastructure, inflation and direction of the economy. Is it older or newer in orientation; computers and high tech, or more farming and manufacturing.

3. Perception from Outside - The perceptions and attitudes of other countries toward a country are as important as the reality of the country's actual situation. News, media, movies, newspapers, rumors and spin can create perceptions. How much is known about a country? The less that is known, generally, the lower the value of a currency.

4. Demographics - A young population may mean better prospects for the future, people who are more open to change and development and a growing size of the workforce. The overall population of a country is a factor. How much weight does this country have on the world scene.

5. National Leaders - The openness, trustworthiness and likeability of visible leaders is a factor. This includes political leaders, sports figures, business owners and celebrities. Here are some national figures who affect their countries, either for better or for worse. Kim Jung Il, David Beckham, Nicole Kidman, Madonna, Osama bin Laden, Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin. These help form the world's perception of a country.

6. Isolation versus Openness - Continuum China is becoming more open, more transparent. This helps. Cuba is very closed and isolated. Venezuela is becoming more isolated by some of its recent actions. China's markets are becoming more open. Cuba, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Japan, all have differing levels of openness with the outside world, which affects the value of their currency.

7. Natural Resources - The kind of and amount of exploitation of a country's natural resources certainly helps create a perception of value, or lack thereof, of a country's currency. Mining of minerals, forests, oil, fish and other resources are considered. Also the level of technology to development these resources.

8. Weather Factors such as drought, tsunamis, earthquake and floods are taken into consideration. How frequent are they and how is the country's response to them. These also affect desirability, safety and perception of a country. Is it a tourist destination?

9. War and Conflicts - With which other country is a country at war, and who is it's allies? Their military strength and technology, their willingness to go to war and for what, are important factors in assessing a country's strength, stability and the value of its currency.

10 . Education - This includes languages spoken, level of computer know-how, Internet connectedness, culture and religion. Scientists, entrepreneurs, authors and inventors are all affected by the type and quality of education in a country.

In conclusion, currency values are determined by many factors. Not just one issue, but a composite of many must be considered. In trading currencies, such as in FOREX, trades are usually made in pairs. Values must be relative to something. So how is a country doing relative to another country is also significant. Common Forex pairs are US dollar and Japanese yen, Euro and US dollar, for example. These and other factors determine the value of a currency. Some are tangible, some intangible. Some are fixed and some are manageable. Sometimes it is the news of the moment and sometimes the long-term situation. That is why currency values are often changing and there is no one place or person who determines currency values. And why currency exchange, based on fluctuating currency values, can be an exciting, lucrative, volatile, fun or disastrous form of business or investment.

http://ezinearticles...ined?&id=467643

Read more:

Edited by Heinzy444
  • Upvote 1

Here you go:

They (CBI) has attempted at removing the USD from circulation completely but I don't think it's been fully successful.

To combat inflation, action has been initiated on three fronts. First, the Central Bank of Iraq raised its policy interest rates sharply and allowed a gradual appreciation of the dinar. These measures aimed to de-dollarize the economy in order to enhance the central bank's control over monetary conditions, and also to reduce imported inflation.

As per this IMF report:

http://www.imf.org/e...2007/050307.htm

Read more:

Also, the HCL won't specify $/Dinar amounts to be brought in and distributed. It will and does specify who gets what % - this has been the sticking point as we all now know. Now, like the Iraq Budget (recently based on $67 USD a barrel/approx. -but now we see they have a surplus - just a side note) - they (CBI/IMF/World Bank etc.) can calculate future cash reserves based on a per barrel price and proven oil reserves. Coupled t hiswith exact percentages of wealth distribution gives them what the future reserve(s) will be - the HCL will create (in laymans terms) a "constant" which can be used to create (along with "proven" oil reserves) a solid future reserve figure that can be used to calculate the new rate. This is what I believe has or is now about to happen with the approval of the HCL.Good luck to all.

More:

Some other factors worth noting beyond just the 58 B Reserve number recently released by CBI.

Factors Affecting Currency Value:

1. Political Conditions in the Country - This includes the stability of the government, the amount of corruption, bribery and the degree of law and order. Also includes a country's relationships with other countries and especially their relationship to US, UK, China and Russia. The form of government in the country is also a factor used to assess the value of a currency. Consider the widely varying forms of government in Saudi Arabia, China, UK, Venezuela and Thailand, just to name a few.

2. Economic Situation - This includes factors such as jobs, unemployment, work ethic, infrastructure, inflation and direction of the economy. Is it older or newer in orientation; computers and high tech, or more farming and manufacturing.

3. Perception from Outside - The perceptions and attitudes of other countries toward a country are as important as the reality of the country's actual situation. News, media, movies, newspapers, rumors and spin can create perceptions. How much is known about a country? The less that is known, generally, the lower the value of a currency.

4. Demographics - A young population may mean better prospects for the future, people who are more open to change and development and a growing size of the workforce. The overall population of a country is a factor. How much weight does this country have on the world scene.

5. National Leaders - The openness, trustworthiness and likeability of visible leaders is a factor. This includes political leaders, sports figures, business owners and celebrities. Here are some national figures who affect their countries, either for better or for worse. Kim Jung Il, David Beckham, Nicole Kidman, Madonna, Osama bin Laden, Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin. These help form the world's perception of a country.

6. Isolation versus Openness - Continuum China is becoming more open, more transparent. This helps. Cuba is very closed and isolated. Venezuela is becoming more isolated by some of its recent actions. China's markets are becoming more open. Cuba, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Japan, all have differing levels of openness with the outside world, which affects the value of their currency.

7. Natural Resources - The kind of and amount of exploitation of a country's natural resources certainly helps create a perception of value, or lack thereof, of a country's currency. Mining of minerals, forests, oil, fish and other resources are considered. Also the level of technology to development these resources.

8. Weather Factors such as drought, tsunamis, earthquake and floods are taken into consideration. How frequent are they and how is the country's response to them. These also affect desirability, safety and perception of a country. Is it a tourist destination?

9. War and Conflicts - With which other country is a country at war, and who is it's allies? Their military strength and technology, their willingness to go to war and for what, are important factors in assessing a country's strength, stability and the value of its currency.

10 . Education - This includes languages spoken, level of computer know-how, Internet connectedness, culture and religion. Scientists, entrepreneurs, authors and inventors are all affected by the type and quality of education in a country.

In conclusion, currency values are determined by many factors. Not just one issue, but a composite of many must be considered. In trading currencies, such as in FOREX, trades are usually made in pairs. Values must be relative to something. So how is a country doing relative to another country is also significant. Common Forex pairs are US dollar and Japanese yen, Euro and US dollar, for example. These and other factors determine the value of a currency. Some are tangible, some intangible. Some are fixed and some are manageable. Sometimes it is the news of the moment and sometimes the long-term situation. That is why currency values are often changing and there is no one place or person who determines currency values. And why currency exchange, based on fluctuating currency values, can be an exciting, lucrative, volatile, fun or disastrous form of business or investment.

http://ezinearticles...ined?&id=467643

Read more:

The above in BOLD should read "Couple this with ..." - my edit button stopped working :)

This site is truly becoming a joke! I dont really care about your negatives for positive thoughts. I collect them at this point but it really shows the stance of this site!

• Downvote 5

I didn't give you a negative. In fact I just gave you a + to counter the neg you got on your post about the CBI not telling is the truth. I disagree but you shouldn't get neg'd for that. I only give negatives for posts that are rude or disrespectful. No one deserves a negative for just giving their view no matter what it says about this investment. Though maybe others are using -/+ for a different purpose.

Well thank you! I actually wasny ref you. The loppers are the ones but no big deal to me. I dont really care about the negs....i for one dont bother w them at all. But again thanks

The above in BOLD should read "Couple this with ..." - my edit button stopped working :)

Interesting enough. The meeting in London was regarding investors for Iraq's Natural Resources and they weren't talking about Oil. Iraq is also trying to get mining, technology, and other things accomplished.

http://www.cwciraqpetroleum.com/

For some reason it won't load the iraq business news website...so do this to see the actual conference

google ---> iraq london resources sept 2011 and you will see articles related to it...

Like I tell my 5 year old when she is trying to make a number 2 "Just relax and let nature take it's course!" If there is going to be an RV, which I think will happen, then this investment is going to get really crazy. There will be an abundance of negative dinar news and people that are not ready for it will be dumping their dinar as fast as possible. IMO we are all blessed to have the chance to be here in the first place. What is to be will be. Hang in there, because the end is near.

I'm mentally prepared for anything to happen. I hope everyone else is as well.

Can you imagine the irrate Okie followers upon a R/D (LOP)??

That is a scary scary thought...

I have heard people say some of the strangest comments.....

For example:

"I am not going to cash out unitl it reaches over $2.00" (Some have said $3.00)

Now, I understand potentially trying to wait with patience for added gains.. But, things can go up real quick & down real fast.

Don't let the greed burn you..

In the event of a R/D (LOP) - I look to cash out right away to avoid surpassing deadlines of when it is allowed to be exchanged.

I've thought of all sorts of different scenarios and how I would approach each one.

I would likely exchange upon a R/D-Lop and than re-asses whether it is worth investing in lower denoms. (Only at a mere minimum spread & fees of course)

None of this paying premiums on value... Not going to pay 40% over market value to hopefully watch the IQD double in value and only make a small return over a long-term period.

Pass on that...

• Upvote 1

I'm mentally prepared for anything to happen. I hope everyone else is as well.

Can you imagine the irrate Okie followers upon a R/D (LOP)??

That is a scary scary thought...

I have heard people say some of the strangest comments.....

For example:

"I am not going to cash out unitl it reaches over $2.00" (Some have said $3.00)

Now, I understand potentially trying to wait with patience for added gains.. But, things can go up real quick & down real fast.

Don't let the greed burn you..

In the event of a R/D (LOP) - I look to cash out right away to avoid surpassing deadlines of when it is allowed to be exchanged.

I've thought of all sorts of different scenarios and how I would approach each one.

I would likely exchange upon a R/D-Lop and than re-asses whether it is worth investing in lower denoms. (Only at a mere minimum spread & fees of course)

None of this paying premiums on value... Not going to pay 40% over market value to hopefully watch the IQD double in value and only make a small return over a long-term period.

Pass on that...

What about an RV?

Oh yes they are....the whole lop debate is dead! The dinar in circulation is not even close to what the actual amount is. Hey if you wanna believe everything you rrad then havr at it! Good luck w that! Like Ive said 100xs....some people shouldnt be invested in this and are ckearly one of them!

Ok, where did you get the information that there is not the levels of currency that the CBI is stating is in circulation at the moment? Did you read it? If so, why did you believe what you read over what the CBI and IMF documents are stating the levels are at? What is the supporting evidence to show that the amounts in circulation stated by the CBI are not the actual numbers?

If you don't wish to believe the CBI and IMF, that is completely understandable given the lack of trust many have in the governments of the world in regards to disclosure. Yet when you provide nothing to support your claims do you really expect it to be believed when there are multiple sources stating the direct opposite? Many people have made claim after claim about the dinar and the events revolving around the speculation, many of whom have done so to line their own pockets, that have either never been shown to be accurate and many have been disproved entirely.

• Upvote 1

I'm confused as to whether Iraqi's are really as poor as most on here seem to think. On the one hand we have them living in poverty barely making ends meet, but I've seen (do not have a link) news articles regarding mobile phones and how the banking system was working on getting the mobile apps up and running for the citizens. So which is it? Does anyone on here have a first hand account of an "average" Iraqi family?

Ok, where did you get the information that there is not the levels of currency that the CBI is stating is in circulation at the moment? Did you read it? If so, why did you believe what you read over what the CBI and IMF documents are stating the levels are at? What is the supporting evidence to show that the amounts in circulation stated by the CBI are not the actual numbers?

If you don't wish to believe the CBI and IMF, that is completely understandable given the lack of trust many have in the governments of the world in regards to disclosure. Yet when you provide nothing to support your claims do you really expect it to be believed when there are multiple sources stating the direct opposite? Many people have made claim after claim about the dinar and the events revolving around the speculation, many of whom have done so to line their own pockets, that have either never been shown to be accurate and many have been disproved entirely.

You really should consider lightening up and not so uptight all the time. Im a simple florida cracker who is hoping this is our ticket to gain the financial freedom that some really undeserving people currently have. I want this simply because I could do for my children in ways I never dreamed of growing up and all the families that could really use just that little pick me up in their lives financially. Im going to be able to help so many with this....and I cant wait!!!

The links and articles you so desperately need are not necessary to me. Ive done my homework and reaserch....shoot Ive even argued back and forth with some of the most respected and smart people on this site. This place is like shootin ducks in a barrel....all you gotta do is disagree with someone just like you and they give me everything I need to know about where they come from with their thoughts. I also follow others that are really passionate as I am and take in everything they got as well....in all that I have come to my own conclusion on how this plays out and right or wrong Im gona share my thoughts with others who might not have thought about what I have or vice versa.

The bottomline is we are all aware of the possibilities involved in this whole "thing" not gona even refer to it as an investment any longer. This whole thing is much bigger that the dinar...there are some really extrordinary things going on in the world today and in alot of ways they are connected. I choose to view things from my own view cause quite honestly its been my experiece in life thay when I think outside the box good things happen!

I have no links to back up what my thoughts are and choose not to believe anything the CBI or any govt angency tell me. Remember in life IT IS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY. this thing is huge and alot people and countries stand to make alot of money on this and they will not be truthful to anyone!

Im sorry you feel cheated and you have to express your same opinion over and over but I choose to see what makes sense to me not a bank, govt, news agency no one.....I will listen and watch allday long but I dont believe unless my gut tells me to......AND I GOTTA TELL YOU MY GUT IS SAYIN WE WILL SEE AN RV VERY SOON! good luck to you....seriously I wish everyone well....even Keep! Thanks to everyone for the wealth of knowledge I have gotten here! This is my kinda learnin!!!

GO RV!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

JWJW11 - such a long reply to such a simple request, without actually answering the questions put to you. :lol:

We all are hoping for the best, regardless of what you might believe. But many are also looking at how every other country has tackled this very same issue and making comparisons, based on the information available.

To the contrary you make statements that say they are lying about things, yet don't support your own statements with anything that people can look at and determine for themselves what they choose to believe.

My last post simply requested where you are getting your information from, and why it should be taken as being more credible than the CBI and IMF.

Rather than answer that simple question you went into a completely unrelated statement. When the 'lopsters' as you like to call it are asked for information to support their view they generally provide it - why should you not provide the research that you have found to support your claims?

Disagreement on the numbers is fine, but if you are going to claim something contradictory to what is readily available to anyone looking why should your statements be taken with anything more than a grain of salt. Especially considering all the claims that have that been put out there by others, which have shown to be false.

I care not whether anyone believes what I post after they read it. I would, however, love to see something that actually supports the claims that you and others make. None of us that have speculated on the dinar are hoping to lose even a dime in all this, which is what I think you believe. All that is being asked for is something to support the claims/stance you put forward. Provide something that shows why this would be the very first time that this event has occurred. Please, prove the information available wrong with the research that you have done. Why is asking for such items such a thorn in your side?

• Upvote 1