Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Call to expel Hyundai company from Iraq

Call to expel Hyundai company from Iraq

8/29/2011 1:37 PM

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: White Iraqiya bloc MP Alia Nisaif called to expel the South Korean Hyundai company and its personnel from Iraq, as well as boycotting it for implementing Kuwaiti Mobarak terminal.

In a statement by the bloc, received by Aswat al-Iraq, MP Nisaif said that the insistence of the Korean company to implement the Kuwaiti terminal will make it lose all its investment projects in Iraq.

"We will boycott the company by all means unless it expressed its good will by canceling its contract with the Kuwaitis", the statement added.

Nisaif added that "this is an economic resolution, not political and will not affect our relations with South Korea".

The Kuwaitis believe that the terminal will not affect Iraqi interests, but the Iraqis believe the opposite that the project will strangle Iraqi economy and maritime routes in the Gulf.

http://en.aswataliraq.info/Default1.aspx?page=article_page&id=144562&l=1

Initially, to me, this appears to be the most asinine, reactionary resolution to a problem that I can remember. Even if they did not throw Hyundai out, what does this look like to the rest of the world? You're having political squabbles, so you want to throw the contractor out?

What reputable corporation would even consider doing business in Iraq?

What a stupid, stupid message to put out on the air waves. And I don't know how many companies build ports, but I doubt it is but a hand-full.

Shabibi is getting ready for the mining and minerals meeting in London on 9/7, and the new mining and minerals report (undisclosed at this point) will be presented. This meeting is to show investors (tied to big corporations) what Iraq has to offer in natural mining resources. What timing for the White party to relay a very damaging message.

I have read that the White party is focused on removing corruption from Iraq. A statement like this makes me wonder if they are not tied to Maliki, and this statement is to stop positive business development, or they are looking for business that be bribed by Maliki and his cronies. JMO.

Or is the news coming out of Iraq just trying to confuse everyone? Probably.

This is a great article on the port disputes. Iraq has not funded their project as of June. Just like all the other projects, including feeding their people, money has been tied up within government disputes. They also need to develop an international trade strategy to finance the port. They better get off their high horse and quit infighting. Their competetors are leaving them behind.

http://www.zimbio.com/World+Politics/articles/0bWP9kxiWP-/Iraq+Kuwait+Argue+Over+Competing+Port+Plans

Oh I forgot to mention, Hyundai has a 219m dollar power plant contract. I think Iraq better worry about electricity, before the port of Faw

http://www.constructionweekonline.com/article-12416-hyundai-engineering-wins-219m-iraq-power-contract/