Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

OBAMA ANNOUNCED IT THIS MORNING TODAY SHO!

bigcity Bob

THIS MORNING ON THE TODAY SHOW WHILE AT AN OFF CAPMUS TOUR,HE SAID QUOTE"

AFTER LABOR DAY I WILL UNLEASH MY NEW PLAN TO INCREASE THE JOB FORCE, PUT MONEY BACK INTO THE GOVERNMENT, AND LOWER OUR DEBT"

WHAT MIGHT THAT BE?

So bring in alien muslims to sell crack to Americans for his government?

• Upvote 1

Heres a thought I'll throw into the alligator pit......

if President Obama WAS helpful in pushing through an RV for all of us, where we all made the money we would like to,

WOULD YOU STILL BE BASHING HIM ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK???? BE HONEST

I've never bashed Obama . Regardless of my voting status.

Some may rejoice this presidency..some may cry over spilled milk but IMO he is our president and we must focus on the UNITED..and move forward instead of stagnate. Poor guy, if he did help to push the RV through...Okie would take the credit.

Seriously...if he made it happen for us little guys, to make a statement to the Sharks..why he would go down in history. He might just get 3 million US dinar holders to swing their votes. Who knows. LOL ...But it would require recognizing all of the zeros of course to lock that in not this lift zero scenarios. He did say he anticipated more millionaires next year. I like that!

I have had many mixed opinions regarding each president voted into office, but when it comes down to it...be Americans and if you want changes do it in honorable ways.

Just saying

Wishwell11

Peculiar time for a bus tour don't you think? Especially since it is taxpayer funded(but I don't want to go there)... huh.gif

Just trying to use logic here.....

If he has a plan to spur economic recovery and create job growth why tour now? It would seem wise to me, IF you have a plan, to anounce your plan and THEN take to the streets to explain your plan to the people.

Just sayin'....

Heres a thought I'll throw into the alligator pit......

if President Obama WAS helpful in pushing through an RV for all of us, where we all made the money we would like to,

WOULD YOU STILL BE BASHING HIM ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK???? BE HONEST

Yep!!!!! Becouse it would be Bushes fault!!! LOL

Peculiar time for a bus tour don't you think? Especially since it is taxpayer funded(but I don't want to go there)... huh.gif

Just trying to use logic here.....

If he has a plan to spur economic recovery and create job growth why tour now? It would seem wise to me, IF you have a plan, to anounce your plan and THEN take to the streets to explain your plan to the people.

Just sayin'....

tip_hat.gif

Great point!!! This is a way he can use our tax dollars to campaign. It has nothing to do with his current job. What a snake!!

wishwell 11,I'm tired the of backdoor dealings,lies and the fact that one knows better then that of obama.I just want obama,senate and crongress to listen to the American people for a chanage.Thats were your chanage should be.But every time I hear obama he makes me feel like I'm child and I need to told how to act,live,how to eat,how to pray,and how to talk.It time for obama,congress and the senate to be told we are not childern.Please vote in 2012!!!

I've never bashed Obama . Regardless of my voting status.

Some may rejoice this presidency..some may cry over spilled milk but IMO he is our president and we must focus on the UNITED..and move forward instead of stagnate. Poor guy, if he did help to push the RV through...Okie would take the credit.

Seriously...if he made it happen for us little guys, to make a statement to the Sharks..why he would go down in history. He might just get 3 million US dinar holders to swing their votes. Who knows. LOL ...But it would require recognizing all of the zeros of course to lock that in not this lift zero scenarios. He did say he anticipated more millionaires next year. I like that!

I have had many mixed opinions regarding each president voted into office, but when it comes down to it...be Americans and if you want changes do it in honorable ways.

Just saying

Wishwell11

that is EXACTLY how I feel.......he is our President! So was George W, and I never bashed him, although did not vote for him. Thank you Wishwell 11 !!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's taxes and regulations that are hamstringing EVERY business, whether large or small. Cut both of these drastically and jobs will return. Cut the crap with all the so called tax breaks for corporations ... Yes, they make lots of money, but they also take the risks and will be the employers of thousands of people. When you tax and regulate, you bite the hand that feeds you. Enough already with the class warfare that is destroying the past greatness of this nation.

We know now after Junior Bush's tax cuts that weren't paid for that trickle down economics does not work. We need to follow Warren Buffet's advise and eliminate the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy, close the big business tax loopholes and cut off the big oil subsidies to bring our deficits under control.

• Downvote 3

DUDE,,, "O" has nothing to do with this,,,, He would have pulled the trigger a long time ago ,,, trust me :rolleyes:

I saw this on television myself, and he really did say it. Hard to believe, though, isn't it?? It's a day late and a dollar short for his plan, at all, let alone to include all of those things. .

We know now after Junior Bush's tax cuts that weren't paid for that trickle down economics does not work. We need to follow Warren Buffet's advise and eliminate the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy, close the big business tax loopholes and cut off the big oil subsidies to bring our deficits under control.

I just wish they allowed us a few more -'s because if I could, I'd give you some for this. <_<

It is a fallacy to think that raising taxes on the rich will do ANYTHING to help the economy or our country.... This is just typical class warfare rhetoric but does nothing to help our current pathetic condition.

As far as what Buffett is saying:

It is being reported, by Buffett himself, that he only paid 17.4% of his taxable income. Two thoughts quickly emerge in my mind:

1. If he feels like he is not paying enough then who is stopping him from writing another check, at say 30% of his income, and sending that in? If he feels that strongly about the rich paying more why not lead by example?

2. According to the Grace Commission appointed by Ronal Reagan in 1982 0% (that's right, 0%) of revenue from income taxes goes toward Federal spending.

This bears repeating: NO REVENUE COLLECTED FROM INCOME TAXES GOES TOWARD FEDERAL SPENDING AND NEITHER WILL IT DECREASE THE FEDERAL DEBT BY EVEN ONE PENNY!!!!!!

Had to go all caps on that because the truth on this one is so mindblowing. wacko.gif

Grace Commission findings:

• One-third of all their taxes is consumed by waste and inefficiency in the Federal Government as we identified in our survey.
  • Another one-third of all their taxes escapes collection from others as the underground economy blossoms in direct proportion to tax increases and places even more pressure on law abiding taxpayers, promoting still more underground economy-a vicious cycle that must be broken.
  • With two-thirds of everyone's personal income taxes wasted or not collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal debt and by Federal Government contributions to transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers expect from their Government.

Link:http://www.uhuh.com/...ff/gracecom.htm

Buffett has to know this... Wonder what his game is?.....

that is EXACTLY how I feel.......he is our President! So was George W, and I never bashed him, although did not vote for him. Thank you Wishwell 11 !!

Cashing in dinars and voting for Obama again are on two very distant and separate radar screens in my mind. No way would I ever vote for Obama again. When a shark bites you, do you swim slowly in front of him again? That just isn't an option. And sorry, but I can't respect this do-nothing-but-whine/raisetaxes/andblame-bush, either. I respect the Office of the President of the United States of America very, very highly, but this guy, nope!! NO WAY!!

Raising taxes on the big corporations could work if done correctly.

Not sure if they do this, but give some incentive to corporations to make better changes:

In an overall view, raise the taxes on big companies.

However, offer tax cuts, discounts, and so forth for corporations that hire more people (creating jobs, etc).

Bring jobs back from over seas, etc. (Maybe offer tax-free against all new property and land on all new manufactering buildlings).

The taxes saved by the corporation could easily equal the income taxes paid by the additional employees.

Reduces unemployment

Increases spending within local economies

Increases revenue to the government from taxes paid

So, raise the taxes and either abide by taking advantage of the new routes to have taxes cut, or end up paying higher taxes.

Just my idea....

... Also .....

Please refrain from bashing on the OP. He never stated he thought it was R/V related, as he left it quite vague & the post was in Off-topic.. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

AFTER LABOR DAY I WILL UNLEASH MY NEW PLAN TO INCREASE THE JOB FORCE, PUT MONEY BACK INTO THE GOVERNMENT, AND LOWER OUR DEBT"

WHAT MIGHT THAT BE?

Labor Day is Sept 5th this year which coincides with the dates of other predictions.....It's a possibility....Encouraging news...Thanks

One more thing.... bring our deficits under control?

Do some research before you start bashing. Since 1913 the Federal debt has NEVER gone down, not even by one penny.

It is widely reported that the under the Clinton administration that the Federal Government ran surpluses... this is extremely misleading. I will challenge you to do some research on this (if you are interested):

Find a chart on the national debt since 1913 and you will see that even under Clinton the Federal debt still GREW every single year.

angry.gifAll I know is he hasn't stopped spending our money on his little CAMPAIGN runs since he took office. I wonder how much it is costing us for him to run around in his big black bus? What a piece of work!! He is using the disaster he created to try and get re-elected. angry.gif

Probably not nearly as much as it has cost us for him to fly the most expensive passenger airplane all over the country to make speeches and collect birthday money from his buddies.

Raising taxes on the big corporations could work if done correctly.

Not sure if they do this, but give some incentive to corporations to make better changes:

In an overall view, raise the taxes on big companies.

However, offer tax cuts, discounts, and so forth for corporations that hire more people (creating jobs, etc).

Bring jobs back from over seas, etc. (Maybe offer tax-free against all new property and land on all new manufactering buildlings).

The taxes saved by the corporation could easily equal the income taxes paid by the additional employees.

Reduces unemployment

Increases spending within local economies

Increases revenue to the government from taxes paid

So, raise the taxes and either abide by taking advantage of the new routes to have taxes cut, or end up paying higher taxes.

Just my idea....

... Also .....

Please refrain from bashing on the OP. He never stated he thought it was R/V related, as he left it quite vague & the post was in Off-topic.. smile.gif

Giving companies tax breaks to hire new employees was a platform of Obama's 2008 campaign so it is not a theory, we are watching the practice of it before our very eyes.

http://www.politifac...t-for-companie/

My conclusion to this idea, as we see its results: EPIC FAIL.

And again, increasing income taxes on ANYONE will not do ANYTHING to help our current situation.

Grace Commission findings again:

• One-third of all their taxes is consumed by waste and inefficiency in the Federal Government as we identified in our survey.
  • Another one-third of all their taxes escapes collection from others as the underground economy blossoms in direct proportion to tax increases and places even more pressure on law abiding taxpayers, promoting still more underground economy-a vicious cycle that must be broken.
  • With two-thirds of everyone's personal income taxes wasted or not collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal debt and by Federal Government contributions to transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers expect from their Government.

Link:http://www.uhuh.com/...ff/gracecom.htm

One more thought on this (sorry to keep beating this poor, dead horse).....wacko.gif

Let me put on my Jambi the Genie hat and make a prediction:

Regardless of who takes the presidential oath on January 20th, 2013 the national debt will be at $17 trillion, or higher. blink.gif

President Obama continues his three-day bus tour today in Peosta, Iowa, where he will discuss the rural economy. His administration released a report titled

Jobs and Economic Security for Rural America, which depicts the status of the rural economy, the President's previous rural-focused economic policies and his plans to address rural job creation.

http://www.c-span.or...es/10737423519/

Obama's job creation plan is this:

Take away the farmers tractors and trucks and send a bunch of "illegal aliens" to the country to pull all the farm equipment. Of course they will have to be unionized with average union wages and receive pre-paid Obama-Care. All this will be provided by the Farmers; since they are rich (Gross over $250,000.00 (take home pay is less than $ 47,000.00)) That doesn't matter because Obama said they are rich, right! And since the farmers are accustomed to keeping their machinery in sheds and barns, the farmers will have to provide house and food (Fuel) to keep the Illegal Aliens. This will also cut down on the carbon foot print of the American Farmer as well. Good for America; Right! This is Obama's plan for rural America! The only Shovel ready program in America today; are the shovels that we have use to dig through all Obama's B..l S..t

Obama has taken an ailing America; and turned her into a terminally ill and dying lady! Guess who's coming to the funeral!

So many of the bashers think they are being political correct. If political correctness is used to justify fear, ignorance and unwillingness to censure that which is morally unsound, it is both a hypocritical ploy and an asylum for idiots. In a free and open society, we must accept we are all going to be offended by something, somewhere, at sometime. What I think people don't realize is that since these offences tend to be cultural, and not necessarily moral, they have an appearance of silliness. Although we hide behind fictitious identities, one thing to realize is words live on the internet for a very long time!!!

The notion that people are allowed to freely associate seems an obvious requirement in a free society, whether we agree with their association or not. Nevertheless, I think the problem here is one of how you "frame" an argument or idea. Framing, being how things are presented to people in a way that they have to agree because it appeals to their cultural norms. Cultural norms are not necessarily moral norms. I think the bigger issue is how to create a moral basis for people to live together. The cultural norm is to associate morality with religion; however, I'll be politically incorrect here and say that may have been true in the past; but society has or should continue to evolve cultural sensitivity beyond this. It is clear that there is a scientific basis for moral understandings. I submit if some branch of evolving humanity is to survive we are going to have to deal with it!

There is an overwhelming ethnicity issue that propagates disbelief and makes it easier to disrespect. Again, framing; being how things are presented to people in a way that they have to agree because it appeals to their cultural norms. So many seems to NOT ask the right question, therefore, they’re a part of the viral problem.

Every issue, belief, attitude or assumption is precisely the issue that stands between you and your relationship to another human being; your religion; and between you and yourself.

Bashing and blaming are symptoms of someone feeling sorry for themselves and awaiting a liberation. The only trust you will find on the other side is You and Your attitude! Minds seem to be held captive or banded with like-minded people… I simply don’t know how that comforts the family.

The whole world gazes as the U.S. self-destruct with immoral absurdity comments and arguments. They even join in to pour gas on the viral words on this forum!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So many of the bashers think they are being political correct. If political correctness is used to justify fear, ignorance and unwillingness to censure that which is morally unsound, it is both a hypocritical ploy and an asylum for idiots. In a free and open society, we must accept we are all going to be offended by something, somewhere, at sometime. What I think people don't realize is that since these offences tend to be cultural, and not necessarily moral, they have an appearance of silliness. Although we hide behind fictitious identities, one thing to realize is words live on the internet for a very long time!!!

The notion that people are allowed to freely associate seems an obvious requirement in a free society, whether we agree with their association or not. Nevertheless, I think the problem here is one of how you "frame" an argument or idea. Framing, being how things are presented to people in a way that they have to agree because it appeals to their cultural norms. Cultural norms are not necessarily moral norms. I think the bigger issue is how to create a moral basis for people to live together. The cultural norm is to associate morality with religion; however, I'll be politically incorrect here and say that may have been true in the past; but society has or should continue to evolve cultural sensitivity beyond this. It is clear that there is a scientific basis for moral understandings. I submit if some branch of evolving humanity is to survive we are going to have to deal with it!

There is an overwhelming ethnicity issue that propagates disbelief and makes it easier to disrespect. Again, framing; being how things are presented to people in a way that they have to agree because it appeals to their cultural norms. So many seems to NOT ask the right question, therefore, they’re a part of the viral problem.

Every issue, belief, attitude or assumption is precisely the issue that stands between you and your relationship to another human being; your religion; and between you and yourself.

Bashing and blaming are symptoms of someone feeling sorry for themselves and awaiting a liberation. The only trust you will find on the other side is You and Your attitude! Minds seem to be held captive or banded with like-minded people… I simply don’t know how that comforts the family.

The whole world gazes as the U.S. self-destruct with immoral absurdity comments and arguments. They even join in to pour gas on the viral words on this forum!

I appreciate your sincerity mojack and can sense your frustration. It seems like, as far as this site goes, you are vastly outnumbered in your point of view.

I will have to disagree with you on this, though:

I think the bigger issue is how to create a moral basis for people to live together. The cultural norm is to associate morality with religion; however, I'll be politically incorrect here and say that may have been true in the past

You rightly say that "religion" is our(USA) moral base, or, in my words, our moral foundation. What happens to any building if you remove its foundation? Collapse!

There will simply be no other moral basis for people to live together, in this country, than the moral foundation based on the concepts of Christianity.

"Without Religion this World would be Something not fit to be mentioned in polite Company, I mean Hell." [John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, April 19, 1817] |

“In the beginning of the contest with Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayers in this room for Divine protection. Our prayers, Sir, were heard, and they were graciously answered… do we imagine we no longer need His assistance?” [benjamin Franklin; Constitutional Convention, Thursday June 28, 1787]

“It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.” [Patrick Henry; May 1765 Speech to the House of Burgesses]

“We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We’ve staked the future of all our political institutions upon our capacity…to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.” [James Madison; 1778 to the General Assembly of the State of Virginia]

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

• Upvote 2

WHAT MIGHT THAT BE?

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DINAR SORRY TO BUST YOUR BUBBLE :lol::lol: