Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

OBAMA ANNOUNCED IT THIS MORNING TODAY SHO!

bigcity Bob

Lets face it, you can't create jobs by giving corporations tax breaks. The only way jobs will be created is supply and demand, a corporation is not going to buy material, pay for labor, insurance cost and whatever overhead if their is no one to buy the end product. Its as simple as that. We just need to stop giving them the tax breaks that they use to pay big bonuses.

Sorry, but class warfare was one of the things Obama started. Knowing this, one automatically has to re-think this issue! We never had a money issue, we have a spending problem. If you quit spending more than you take in then you will balance the budget and American's can continue to reach for their financially free dreams that made us the envy of the world!!! I suggest if you don't like the big fat cats in their corperate jets then you ought to become one! Because this is still the land of opportunity so go get your own!!! You only limit yourself when you quit trying.

So yes corporate tax breaks are not evil. The rich are not the bad guys. And they do not owe you anything! Period!

Peace!

Edited by the next contestant
  • Upvote 3

Sorry, but class warfare was one of the things Obama started. Knowing this, one automatically has to re-think this issue! We never had a money issue, we have a spending problem. If you quit spending more than you take in then you will balance the budget and American's can continue to reach for their financially free dreams that made us the envy of the world!!! I suggest if you don't like the big fat cats in their corperate jets then you ought to become one! Because this is still the land of opportunity so go get your own!!! You only limit yourself when you quit trying.

So yes corporate tax breaks are not evil. The rich are not the bad guys. And they do not owe you anything! Period!

Peace!

You turned this inside out "class warfare started by Obama"! It’s not a new term or a new predicament. Class warfare has been around forever. It’s a louder cry because the middle-class is suffering more than ever. That hurts the nation!

(WallyWeaver) I sense the frustrations all across the site. I think we agree; and great rebuttal and even better historical quotes… my difference is I can’t allow the government to influence my religious base. Yes they have changed prayers in some buildings but it did not change my family and me. Those are not places we normally pause and pray. I hope this is interpreted correctly.

• Downvote 1

Buffett has to know this... Wonder what his game is?.....

Bear with me on this. It's just something that ran through my head. If he were able to talk them into taxing the rich more, it would p!$$ them off at the government right? It would sway their vote to the one candidate that wants to do away with taxes and the IRS! Ron Paul!

Am I stupid for thinking that way?

Replies are welcome.

Bear with me on this. It's just something that ran through my head. If he were able to talk them into taxing the rich more, it would p!$$ them off at the government right? It would sway their vote to the one candidate that wants to do away with taxes and the IRS! Ron Paul!

Am I stupid for thinking that way?

Replies are welcome.

I don't think so tcm. At this point no one can say for sure why Mr. Buffett is doing what he is doing except for himself and probably a few close confidants.

So your guess is as good as anyones!

I guess, in order to test your theory you would have to see if Buffett is linked to Paul in anyway. For instance, has Buffett ever contributed to Mr. Pauls campaign, either now or in the past? You would also have to read up on Mr. Buffetts philosophies regarding the Fed, interest rates set by the Fed, and what does Mr. Buffett think about the current tax structure? Does he want to move to a flat tax or something like that so that we can get rid of the IRS?

Finding the answers to these questions may give credence to your theory..... or they may not.

But I don't necessarily think any questions someone comes up with while pondering an issue are stupid. The question is, after testing the question you asked, does your theory hold water? Is it true?

I had a great philosophy professor in college who gave the definition of truth.

He simply said,"Truth is that which corresponds to reality."

Brilliant!

All that to say if that is your theory, no, it's not stupid to have a theory. Do some legwork and get back to us!

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Don't know how to do links but this was in the wall street journal today in an interview with buffet.

* On the intransigence of the Republican primary contenders: (In the Iowa debate last week, the presidential candidates were asked to raise their hands if they would reject a debt-reduction deal that included a $1 increase in tax revenue for a $10 cut in government spending. Each of the candidates raised his or her hand.)

“That was pathetic.  I mean, listen, I like Republicans. If you got Democrats on some core issue to them, they’d probably do something just as silly.  But when they take that attitude, they are really saying, you know, “I want to win this primary.”  They are saying, “The country be damned, I want to win this primary.”

Sounds to me like he doesn't really like any of the candidates.

• Upvote 1

Heres a thought I'll throw into the alligator pit......

if President Obama WAS helpful in pushing through an RV for all of us, where we all made the money we would like to,

WOULD YOU STILL BE BASHING HIM ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK???? BE HONEST

Yes.

How else is it possible for B.O. to come up with money if its not from an RV? He wouldnt be saying this crap unless he had sumpin up his sleeve. Wishful thinking!

Top 10 ways for the President to get money without raising taxes:

10. Have all members of congess get a paper route

9. GSA to redeem rebate coupons on federal purchases

8. Collect Scrap metal in Iraq

7. Hold a yard sale at the Rose Garden

6. Turn the west wing into a Bed and Breakfast

5. Congressional Bake Sale

4. Sell rides on the space shuttle

3. 50/50 raffle before the supreme court hears cases

2. Cancell State Dinners, sell tickets to a beef and beer instead

And the numbe one national get out of debt plan is:

The First Lady is going to become an Amway Dealerth_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 1

So many of the bashers think they are being political correct. If political correctness is used to justify fear, ignorance and unwillingness to censure that which is morally unsound, it is both a hypocritical ploy and an asylum for idiots. In a free and open society, we must accept we are all going to be offended by something, somewhere, at sometime. What I think people don't realize is that since these offences tend to be cultural, and not necessarily moral, they have an appearance of silliness. Although we hide behind fictitious identities, one thing to realize is words live on the internet for a very long time!!!

The notion that people are allowed to freely associate seems an obvious requirement in a free society, whether we agree with their association or not. Nevertheless, I think the problem here is one of how you "frame" an argument or idea. Framing, being how things are presented to people in a way that they have to agree because it appeals to their cultural norms. Cultural norms are not necessarily moral norms. I think the bigger issue is how to create a moral basis for people to live together. The cultural norm is to associate morality with religion; however, I'll be politically incorrect here and say that may have been true in the past; but society has or should continue to evolve cultural sensitivity beyond this. It is clear that there is a scientific basis for moral understandings. I submit if some branch of evolving humanity is to survive we are going to have to deal with it!

There is an overwhelming ethnicity issue that propagates disbelief and makes it easier to disrespect. Again, framing; being how things are presented to people in a way that they have to agree because it appeals to their cultural norms. So many seems to NOT ask the right question, therefore, they’re a part of the viral problem.

Every issue, belief, attitude or assumption is precisely the issue that stands between you and your relationship to another human being; your religion; and between you and yourself.

Bashing and blaming are symptoms of someone feeling sorry for themselves and awaiting a liberation. The only trust you will find on the other side is You and Your attitude! Minds seem to be held captive or banded with like-minded people… I simply don’t know how that comforts the family.

The whole world gazes as the U.S. self-destruct with immoral absurdity comments and arguments. They even join in to pour gas on the viral words on this forum!

This is VERY VERY Good Mojack. :tiphat:

Mojack >>>>> I think the bigger issue is how to create a moral basis for people to live together.

>>>>>>>>>> I submit if some branch of evolving humanity is to survive we are going to have to deal with it!

>>>>>>>>>> Every issue, belief, attitude or assumption is precisely the issue that stands between you and your relationship to another >>>>>>>>>> human being; your religion; and between you and yourself.

I grew up in a Christian environment. My mother was wise enough to recognize and address, that as I matured I may find myself questioning my own beliefs and experiences or defending them to another. She said the world does not have a manual so no matter where you are...regardless if you are religious or not, the Bible if nothing else, if one elects to remove the religion from its context...It most certainly provides a very good foundation and fudamentals to live by.

As you said Mojack ..."We have to deal with it !" and religious or not, I find the Good Book always offers a positive and constructive approach in one way or another.... to every type of scenario.. no matter ones systems or lack of beliefs. I believe bashing and defensiveness doesn't just come from feeling sorry but is a way to avoid the efforts to gain a global and better understanding. Why avoid this maybe too tired and weary wounded..who knows. I know this president said from day one it's gona get worse before it gets better. He was right about that.

Wishwell11

• Upvote 1