Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama To Have Ramadan Dinner At White House

sportfisher

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/01/president-obama-marks-ramadan/

President Obama marks Ramadan

By Alexander Mooney, CNN

August 1st, 2011

12:14 PM ET

Washington (CNN)– President Obama Monday is marking the beginning of Ramadan, the month-long Muslim holiday of fasting and reflection.

In a statement issued by the White House, the president said, "Times like this remind us of the lesson of all great faiths, including Islam – that we do unto others as we would have them do unto us."

He also said he will be hosting an iftar dinner at the White House, an event he hosted last year as well.

*******************************************************************************************************************

everyone, all we can do is pray for him, or pray him outta here (whatever God's will is),

while we're at it, pray for forgiveness for our Country, cleansing of our Government, that we can Honor God as a Christian Nation "Under God".

very well said

• Downvote 1

Typo? E R T Y U I

Demeaning? Closed one track minds bug me a bit. I apologize. Peaceful people are called liberals... Well okay.

Sorry but liberals always lash out (just like the way you came onto this thread wanking), calling names (usually haters), pulling the race card, and playing the victim mentallity.

It gets pretty old. :P

bad typo :(

why did someone feel that way?

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry but liberals always lash out (just like the way you came onto this thread wanking), calling names (usually haters), pulling the race card, and playing the victim mentallity.

It gets pretty old. :P

Bashing the President, whether Bush or not, welcome to the Party!

Never mentioned race, its believed you made a racial remark. Anyway, this discussion is out of hand.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am not religious but it sure seems as though he has forgotten this is the United States and not the middle east.

Bush hosts Ramadan dinner for Muslims

Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 By SCOTT LINDLAW

Associated Press Writer WASHINGTON -- Reaching out to the world's Muslims, President Bush hosted a Ramadan break-the-fast dinner Monday at the White House.

''I appreciate your support'' for the war against terrorism, the president said in brief remarks in the State Dining Room before representatives of 53 Muslim nations.

''Tonight that campaign continues in Afghanistan so that the people of Afghanistan will soon know peace,'' said Bush. ''The terrorists have no home in any faith. Evil has no holy days.''

President Bush hosted an Iftar every year of his two terms. During Ramadan of 2005, he announced he had added the first copy of the Koran to the White House library, saying:

I have asked young Americans to study the language and customs of the broader Middle East.

Bush held a Ramadan dinner every year that he was in office...

http://www.usnews.co...r-george-w-bush

In fact, it has been an annual tradition since 1996, when then-First Lady Hillarious Clinton hosted a dinner during Eid al-Fitr

Yeah, they ignore that.

• Upvote 5

Associated Press Writer WASHINGTON -- Reaching out to the world's Muslims, President Bush hosted a Ramadan break-the-fast dinner Monday at the White House.

''I appreciate your support'' for the war against terrorism, the president said in brief remarks in the State Dining Room before representatives of 53 Muslim nations.

''Tonight that campaign continues in Afghanistan so that the people of Afghanistan will soon know peace,'' said Bush. ''The terrorists have no home in any faith. Evil has no holy days.''

President Bush hosted an Iftar every year of his two terms. During Ramadan of 2005, he announced he had added the first copy of the Koran to the White House library, saying:

I have asked young Americans to study the language and customs of the broader Middle East.

Yeah, they ignore that.

Of course they forget that stuff come on man we all know this.

• Upvote 1

But Bush always was a big supporter of the Christian faith. There was never any question in anyones mind wither he was Muslim or Kenyan or even went to church for 20 years under the ministry of an anti-American pastor.

This is why it helps to allow the public to see your records and know your life before you become President. Obama had to try and persuade the American people he was a true Christian. If his records were open to everyone then he would have not had to do this at all. 20 years under Reverend Wright, who according to his own words is now considered anti-American by the majority of American voters.

The plain simple truth is this, when you have a lot you are hidding from, usually it raises a lot of questions. Rtrusy is just being brave enough to ask them! And the majority on this site share his views.

Peace. :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yeah, they ignore that.

AJ good to see you here - You know they MUST know this stuff... perhaps they just don't believe it. See what I mean from TNC above.

Edited by mojack
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The bad typo that they are talking about is when you gave someone a -1 negative you spelled it nigative (by mistake I hope) and it was taken as a racial slur!!

This is not a good thread in my book and if it doesn't clean up and people start PLAYING NICE with each other I will just close it because of all the disrespect shown to different religions and disrespect shown to the President!!

Let's debate without HATE!!!smile.gif

• Upvote 2

But Bush always was a big supporter of the Christian faith. There was never any question in anyones mind wither he was Muslim or Kenyan or even went to church for 20 years under the ministry of an anti-American pastor. So it's YOUR mind that is the problem....

This is why it helps to allow the public to see your records and know your life before you become President.He has shown all his relevant records. There is no requirement that he show his kindergarten records to you. Obama had to try and persuade the American people he was a true Christian.No, he didn't. He just IS. Of course, you believe that Bush was a Christian...even though he flipped people off and called them assholes, or worse.If his records were open to everyone then he would have not had to do this at all. 20 years under Reverend Wright, who according to his own words is now considered anti-American by the majority of American voters. Yeah...that many people don't understand what the Rev was saying.

The plain simple truth is this, when you have a lot you are hidding from, usually it raises a lot of questions. There is nothing being hidden...just a bunch of whiners who CANNOT let it go. Rtrusy is just being brave enough to ask them!Rusty i obsessed and probably delusional. And the majority on this site share his views. Again...that worries me...that people who also believe in the reval of the dinar can be that delusional......

Peace. :D

AJ good to see you here - You know they MUST know this stuff... perhaps they just don't believe it. See what I mean from TNC above.

They are always looking for something to whine about.

• Upvote 3

The bad typo that they are talking about is when you gave someone a -1 negative you spelled it nigative (by mistake I hope) and it was taken as a racial slur!!

This is not a good thread in my book and if it doesn't clean up and people start PLAYING NICE with each other I will just close it because of all the disrespect shown to different religions and disrespect shown to the President!!

Let's debate without HATE!!!smile.gif

Thanks Bumper --- BTW: Didn't have to answer his question.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Psalm 109:8 “May his days be few; may another take his place.” AMEN!

Psalm 109:7 When he stands trial, let him be found guilty. Let his prayer be considered sinful.

You do know that the psalm you quote is calling for the DEATH of the man, right?

Nice "Christian" values......

• Upvote 2