Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Debt ceiling hurdle BEFORE RV...

navysky

Last night's conference call from "the call squad . com" was laced with info that leads me to believe that EVERYTHING that is needed to get accomplished IS DONE!! There was an article that indicated that (either) Shabibi or Maliki said that it would be RVed when the time was right. The speculation was that IF the U.S. got a credit downgrade and it affected the value of the dollar then Shabibi would want to know what the new value of the dollar settled at BEFORE he RVed because since they are pegging their value to the dollar, if they RVed first, then the US took the hit in value, it would directly affect the value of their currency and all that was tied to it. SO...IF this is true, then we JUST have to wait until the debt ceiling negotiations have finalized, the vote happens, and THEN if Moody's still decides to downgrade our credit rating that MAY affect the value of our dollar, and THEN would the RV be prime to take place.

This makes the most sense to me anyway, because if Shabibi was as smart as we all think he is, then it would make sense to allow the dollar to settle where it is gonna settle before you peg to it and sentence your country to piggyback on the dollar's volatility. Anyway, any thoughts or evidence to support this? I don't know where the article was found but if it was legit, I'd think that it's a very good sign for us!!!

• Upvote 1

Navysky, how do you know the article is legit? I would think if the article existed, it would be posted all over these dinar sites. Just sayin... Would love to see a link, otherwise, I'm not believing it.

Also, the premise stated makes sense, I just have a hard time believing that the U.S. has anything to do with what Iraq does with their currency. I sure hope I'm wrong, though.

Thanks for posting, though.

Kimberlye B)

Edited by Kimberlye

Navysky, how do you know the article is legit? I would think if the article existed, it would be posted all over these dinar sites. Just sayin... Would love to see a link, otherwise, I'm not believing it.

Also, the premise stated makes sense, I just have a hard time believing that the U.S. has anything to do with what Iraq does with their currency. I sure hope I'm wrong, though.

Thanks for posting, though.

Kimberlye B)

I think that particular article is actually posted here somewhere but I can't remember the thread title. It is one of the many "zeroes" articles that came out yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Well, if the Iraqis are mostly using the USD now and the dinar will be based on the USD, it makes sense to wait and see where the USD is going after the vote on the ceiling, etc and new rating the US will get. Hope I stated that right.