Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The dinar's value will remain unchanged, he said.

Dandy1

I don't know what to believe now.

I have read the articles droppoing the zero's and phasing out the current form of currency. But this is the first time I have seen anything saying they were not going to go this. Does anyone have any current articles backing up the currency will remain the same?

Here ya go.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20100211/tbs-iraq-currency-955c2a1.html

• Upvote 1

Another question I have is....if they change the currency, and you don't want to cash in all of your dinar you currently possess, and they are going to end up phasing it our by the end of the year. What do we do to get our hands on the new currency by trading in the old without a penalty?

It is hard to ignore the reports from the ministry of finance and CBI, when they both say the same thing. Basically, the fantasy of a 1000% increase is not a possibility and probably never was. Yet some believe that this is a ploy, that these official representatives are wrong and the "guru's" on this site and others are right, because they've been so accurate in the past. It looks like we won't really loose our investment and if we hold on to it for several more years we could double or even triple our money, which is closer to reality! But if you don't like they way that sounds, then keep believing that the "leaders", the ones without any academic background, experience trading in FX markets, or publications to their name, are right.

Conscious / Minister of Finance: raise zeros from the Iraqi currency against the dollar will be supported by

مدير الموقع Site Manager

حجم الخط: Font size:

واع / بغداد / ع.هـ Conscious / Baghdad / G. E

11/2/2010 11/2/2010 3:51pm 3:51 pm

اكد وزير المالية باقر جبر الزبيدي ان &'1585;فع ا!26#1604;اصفار من العملة العراقية سيدعم العملة امام الدولار . Finance Minister Bayan Jabr said the lifting of the zeroes of the Iraqi currency will support the currency against the dollar.

واضاف The الزبيدي في تصريحات نقلها مراسل( وكالة انباء الاعلام العراقي /واع ) ان هذا المقترح الذي قدمته وزارة المالية الى البنك المركزي العراقي لم يتأثر بزيادة او نقصان وانما هو فقط حذف الاصفار ليس الا كماهو الحال في العديد من الدول Zubaidi, in remarks quoted by reporter (news agency, Iraqi Information / conscious) that this proposal by the Ministry of Finance to the Central Bank of Iraq was not affected increase or decrease but it is just delete the zeros vocation not only the case in many countries ، مشيرا الى ان الدينار العراقي سيقابل الدولار أو يزيد بقليل بعد تطبيق هذا المقترح . , Noting that the Iraqi dinar would be offset dollar or slightly more than after the application of this proposal.

وبحسب مصدر مسؤول في الوزارة According to an official source at the ministry فان مقترح رفع ثلاثة اصفار عن يمين العملة سيكون وفق سياسة نقدية تدريجية ليس كما حصل في تركيا وهذه السياسة سترفع من القيمة النقدية للعملة العراقية وسيكون للدينار العراقي The proposal to raise three zeroes from the currency will be in accordance with the right monetary policy is not gradual, as happened in Turkey and this policy will raise the monetary value of the Iraqi currency and wmll of the Iraqi#dinar نو?ة نقҟية امام جميع العملات . Strength of cash against all currencies.

Conscious / Minister of Finance: raise zeros from the Iraqi currency against the dollar will be supported by

مدير الموقع Site Manager

اكد وزير المالية باقر جبر الزبيدي ان &'1585;فع ا!26#1604;اصفار من العملة العراقية سيدعم العملة امام الدولار . Finance Minister Bayan Jabr said the lifting of the zeroes of the Iraqi currency will support the currency against the dollar.

واضاف The الزبيدي في تصريحات نقلها مراسل( وكالة انباء الاعلام العراقي /واع ) ان هذا المقترح الذي قدمته وزارة المالية الى البنك المركزي العراقي لم يتأثر بزيادة او نقصان وانما هو فقط حذف الاصفار ليس الا كماهو الحال في العديد من الدول Zubaidi, in remarks quoted by reporter (news agency, Iraqi Information / conscious) that this proposal by the Ministry of Finance to the Central Bank of Iraq was not affected increase or decrease but it is just delete the zeros vocation not only the case in many countries ، مشيرا الى ان الدينار العراقي سيقابل الدولار أو يزيد بقليل بعد تطبيق هذا المقترح . , Noting that the Iraqi dinar would be offset dollar or slightly more than after the application of this proposal.

وبحسب مصدر مسؤول في الوزارة According to an official source at the ministry فان مقترح رفع ثلاثة اصفار عن يمين العملة سيكون وفق سياسة نقدية تدريجية ليس كما حصل في تركيا وهذه السياسة سترفع من القيمة النقدية للعملة العراقية وسيكون للدينار العراقي The proposal to raise three zeroes from the currency will be in accordance with the right monetary policy is not gradual, as happened in Turkey and this policy will raise the monetary value of the Iraqi currency and wmll of the Iraqi#dinar نو?ة نقҟية امام جميع العملات . Strength of cash against all currencies.

Could you give us a link on that one? Perhaps we can get one of our in-country guys to get a clearer translation. This looks different than the last statememt from MoF.

مدير الموقع Site Manager

This is a good article and should have it's own thread where it can get the attention it deserves.

Thanks for posting it.

Update: Just found it posted in it's own thread.

http://dinarvets.com/forums/showthread.php?9991-lifting-of-the-zeroes-of-the-currency-will-support-the-currency-against-the-dollar&p=64885

Edited by Dandy1
Update

An Iraqi cabinet committee ordered the change in 2007, but the central bank did not think it appropriate until recently, Kasim said. The dinar's value will remain unchanged, he said.

It is very normal for governments to say one thing and then at a later date do another. This always upsets a number of people. But we need to always remember that as situations change so must a decisions we make. Even if they meant it when they said it, they could be saying something different now and mean it.

kaperoni I would love to believe what your saying. I Really do but how do you come to that conclusion? I feel the iraqis dont care about making foreign investors who are just anyone rich. They did stress in the story they want to make it easier to make cash transactions. It is very possible to take one currency and give it equal value to a new currency that will replace it. IMO i think we get hung up on the word value. Value to us is the actual quantity to the iraqis it may be just a matter of renaming something ie 25,000 = 25. If those 3 zeros fall off theres goes "Our Value" and of course we wont be millionares and I am trying to make peace with this...Someone counter my statement and help me see that I'm wrong. I want to be wrong about this...

kaperoni I would love to believe what your saying. I Really do but how do you come to that conclusion? I feel the iraqis dont care about making foreign investors who are just anyone rich. They did stress in the story they want to make it easier to make cash transactions. It is very possible to take one currency and give it equal value to a new currency that will replace it. IMO i think we get hung up on the word value. Value to us is the actual quantity to the iraqis it may be just a matter of renaming something ie 25,000 = 25. If those 3 zeros fall off theres goes "Our Value" and of course we wont be millionares and I am trying to make peace with this...Someone counter my statement and help me see that I'm wrong. I want to be wrong about this...

Quad, you nailed it. It is amazing how we all read things differently based on an existing presupposition. It causes some of us to understand a reference to a lop and others to see an RV. Absolutely fascinating to watch.

I believe they said the value of the new 25 dinar will remain the same as the 25k dinar. So the two notes will remain the same value. The difference I dont understand is the 25 note will be locked in. I believe my dreams are gone, hope the crap is a smoke screen. Let it ride though