Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

American Contracter 7-20-11

sweet C

It has come to my attention that speculation still continues in regards to Chapter VII and whether or not it is lifted. There are some select few individuals who continue to argue that it has been lifted. I’m still not quite sure why some are still arguing that issue when I have provided link after link of credible sources that

confirm Chapter VII is still ongoing.

If there are some who are not yet convinced maybe you may need more reassurance. Read on.

The Prime Minister of Iraq, Nuri Al-Maliki, was recently invited to China.  The Chinese government welcomed the delegation from Iraq which was led by Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki and other high level ministry officials.  The MENAFN news web site just published an article referencing how PM Maliki asked the President of China, Hu Jintao, for his support to get out of the UN Chapter VII.   China has a permanent seat in the United Nations Security Council and has a single vote to remove the remaining sanctions against Iraq.

China has a major role in this which may be the reason PM Maliki has asked for the support in being removed from Chapter VII.  China has influence and the money to help facilitate this for Iraq.  In the near future, you will see PM Maliki visiting other members of the United Nations Security Council (France, Russia).

Iraq-China’s support needed to get rid of Sanctions – Maliki http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story_s.asp?StoryId=1093430034&src=RSS

On 9 July posted in the Aswat al-Iraq news was a recent quote from the Kuwait Deputy Prime Minister and foreign Minister Mohammed al-Subah. It read “Iraq must complete its implementation of all UN Security Council resolutions, being the only means for it to get out of UN Charter’s Article 7,” Subah told Kuwait al-Qabas newspaper.

Kuwait calls on Iraq to implement UN Security Council’s resolutions, in order to get out of UN’s 7th Article

http://en.aswataliraq.info/Default.aspx?page=article_page&c=slideshow&id=143651

As much as some people would like to think that Kuwait is the number one investor in Iraq, they simply are not. The foreign investment in the country of Iraq has doubled in 2010 however, Kuwait is not the top investor. Kuwait has never been rated in the top 12 nor have they ever been in the top tier of private investing

in Iraq.  The number one country that is currently  investing in Iraq is Turkey with 14 billion dollars.  You can view the list of foreign countries who have invested in Iraq by clicking on the urls below.

Foreign Commercial Activity in Iraq

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/reports/new-report-on-investment-in-iraq/

Foreign Investment Almost Doubled in Iraq in 2010

http://musingsoniraq.blogspot.com/2011/04/foreign-investment-almost-doubles-in_29.html

The appointment of Ministry officials:

The current acting Ministry of Defense Maliki Jassim al-Obeidi is not the permanently appointed MoD official.  Al-Obeidi is only temporary in this position until a new candidate is selected.

The Extension of UNAMI:

The United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) will vote on the extension for the continuing mission in Iraq on 28 July.  The UNAMI mission will be extended in Iraq.  The mission will continue for years to come. They are currently moving their compound from one location to another.  Iraq needs the UNAMI mission to continue its work to benefit the Iraqi people.  They are not going away.

The Iraqi Currency Update:

The information I am getting is that the Central Bank of Iraq is currently removing the 25k notes from circulation.  This is the only banknote that I am told is being removed.  This is a slow and methodical process and will take 2 -3 years to accomplish this task.  As stated in the last post, the actual new design of the new Iraqi currency has been completed.  There are 6 new de-nominations as of now in the draft to be implemented in the future.  Of course it’s always possible that all this could change as the Central bank planning committee is still in session.

In regards to the much speculated RV, nothing will occur in the month of July nor in the month of August, the start of Ramadan. Ramadan is approaching in a few weeks starting on either 1 or 2 of August depending on if your Shia or Sunni religious sect.

Thank you for reading.

another site

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

old news.

all he does is state the obvious which is articles we have already seen and know about. We al know they arent out of chapter 7 as of yet because they will decide on the 28th. I just dont get A/C anymore.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

The Iraqi Currency Update:

The information I am getting is that the Central Bank of Iraq is currently removing the 25k notes from circulation.  This is the only banknote that I am told is being removed.  This is a slow and methodical process and will take 2 -3 years to accomplish this task.  

I'll give mine back in 2 or 3 minutes... For a nice price ;)

• Upvote 1

A lot of sanctions have been imposed on Iraq, but, at the same time a lot of them have been lifted or removed.

Question is, what remains.... Some resolutions may take forever to be completely lifted.

Better question to ask, are the sanctions that still exist pose a likelihood that it prevents a r/v or for their currency to be traded internationally?

old news.

all he does is state the obvious which is articles we have already seen and know about. We al know they arent out of chapter 7 as of yet because they will decide on the 28th. I just dont get A/C anymore.

EZ you read my mind, as I read A/C's chat all i kept thinking was all he does is state the obvious....i do feel like after one of our members called him out for Shab's being in Rome, he isnt AS cocky w his posts. He has def backed off a little. Funny how I have never seen a rebutle from him to his claim that Shab's was in Rome, and how he "challenged anyone to prove otherwise" and someone did and he didnt have sh$$ to say to it!!

And one more thing...im sorry but the Iraq-business website is not a ACTUAL news agency, they just pretent they are!! I love how A/C uses their links!!

Edited by DRV1804
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The OP is a classic example of how you can spin information anyway you want it to spin. While I admire the time and effort expended on the OP, the ensuing posts definitely offered a broader, more realistic context.

When you read the more recent posts about the IQD coming out of Iraq, it's obvious that "the natives are restless." They're not going to wait much longer for some relief from their economic situation, a situation that will NOT be assisted in any meaningful way by a redenomination. When you look at Mohammed Saleh's pronouncements, the only benefit an RD would confer is that the Iraqis wouldn't have to carry around as many bills for purchases. Given that the concern now is obviously how to create value in the IQD, the RD is not the answer.

Let's quit playing "kick the can," and get this over with. GO RV!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I believe that all that apply to Iraq ri/rving their currency have been removed, and we will see it sometime between now and next thursday....possibly thursday july 21,2011! God Bless each of you!

I sure hope you are right. That would be a nice way to quit thinking about this heat wave we are having. :D

EZ... i remember not to long ago you thinking that A/C was either a actual member of DV or a disgruntled one of DV? Folks take a look, funny how most of the post's that didnt support A/C's claims all received negatives?? mmmmmmmmm A/C you dont scare me, your no better than some of the "pumper" sites that makes money off their websites for all the wrong reasons....i think i would have more respect for you if you didnt claim to have all these "connections" in Iraq, or being on this commitee, and sitting on Iraq meetings...if you were just trying to disect thru the articles and connect the dots like we do here at DV everyday I would have respect for you...however you have a actual website, that you constantly try and get people to join, which everytime someone does you hear Cha-Ching!! Bash me if you want, but until this A/C guy can show us some proof of his "connections" his intel is no better than Okie's!!

ok i dont want you guys to think i have lost my mind after i submitted this post i went thru the thread again and all the negatives were gone!! :unsure:<_<

Edited by DRV1804
  • Upvote 4

EZ... i remember not to long ago you thinking that A/C was either a actual member of DV or a disgruntled one of DV? Folks take a look, funny how most of the post's that didnt support A/C's claims all received negatives?? mmmmmmmmm A/C you dont scare me, your no better than some of the "pumper" sites that makes money off their websites for all the wrong reasons....i think i would have more respect for you if you didnt claim to have all these "connections" in Iraq, or being on this commitee, and sitting on Iraq meetings...if you were just trying to disect thru the articles and connect the dots like we do here at DV everyday I would have respect for you...however you have a actual website, that you constantly try and get people to join, which everytime someone does you hear Cha-Ching!! Bash me if you want, but until this A/C guy can show us some proof of his "connections" his intel is no better than Okie's!!

ok i dont want you guys to think i have lost my mind after i submitted this post i went thru the thread again and all the negatives were gone!! :unsure:<_<

I'm with you DRV. I don't know who gave you a neg but I evened you out.

old news.

Yes I agree... He is pretty much a waste... He seems to try to keep his post level headed, but at the same time he seems like he is trying to push buttons. That's ok. It's going to RV either way.