Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

****July 17th NEW National holiday****

It's very interesting, that Iraq would schedule 2 Holidays, Banking Holidays back to back with a weekend . The 14th is Revolution Day and The new one Sunday the 17th as National Day, giving them a four day Banking Holiday.

http://mycalendar.org/Holiday/Iraq/2011/07/

National Day Of Iraq on SundayOccasionJuly 17, 2011, 8:00amMANILA, Philippines — Sunday is the National Day of Iraq. Known as the “Cradle of Civilization,” Iraq was the site of the Sumerian civilization which began in the Tigris-Euphrates river valley. The Sumerian era was succeeded by the Akkadian Empire in the 24th century BC followed by the Babylonian civilization in the 18th century BC. A series of invasions followed – the Persians, the Archaemenid Empire, the Romans, the Mongols, and the Ottoman Empire.

Iraq was occupied by a multinational coalition of forces, mainly American and British, during the invasion of 2003. Sovereignty was transferred to the Iraqi Interim Government in mid-2004. A new Constitution of Iraq was then approved by referendum and a new Government of Iraq was elected in October 15, 2005.

Iraq’s population is around 31 million. Around 75-80 percent of the population is Arab. The other ethnic groups are the Kurds at 15-20 percent and the Assyrians, Iraqi Turkmen, and others comprising 5 percent.

The oil sector is the lifeblood of Iraq’s economy, accounting for about 95 percent of foreign exchange earnings. With 112 billion barrels of proven oil, Iraq is second to Saudi Arabia in the amount of oil reserves. The United States Department of Energy estimates that up to 90 percent of the country remains unexplored. Unexplored regions of Iraq could yield an additional 100 billion barrels. Iraq’s oil production costs are among the lowest in the world.

We congratulate the people and government of Iraq led by Their Excellencies, President Jalal Talabani and Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, Foreign Minister Hoshiyar Zebari, Finance Minister Rafie Al-Esawi, and its Embassy in the Philippines, headed by Ambassador Wadee Batti Hanna Al-Batti, on the occasion of their National Day. We wish them all the best and success in all their endeavors.

So apperently the Karbala Provincial Council met yesterday and decided that Sunday July 17th is a holiday now in Iraq...funny how they just decided this yesterday!! I smell a bing bang BOOM!!!!

• Upvote 8

Thanks for your post Easy, sounding real good, strange how CBI have updated the money auction this morning, so it looks like they are closed to the public, yet still working behind closed doors...............hopefully we are on our way emot-woot.gif

Thanks. I mean strange things are occuring i believe we are sooooooo close for this ride coming to an end.ohmy.gif

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

It's very interesting, that Iraq would schedule 2 Holidays, Banking Holidays back to back with a weekend . The 14th is Revolution Day and The new one Sunday the 17th as National Day, giving them a four day Banking Holiday.

http://mycalendar.or...y/Iraq/2011/07/

National Day Of Iraq on SundayOccasionJuly 17, 2011, 8:00amMANILA, Philippines — Sunday is the National Day of Iraq.

So apperently the Karbala Provincial Council met yesterday and decided that Sunday July 17th is a holiday now in Iraq...funny how they just decided this yesterday!! I smell a bing bang BOOM!!!!

Yep ... just doesn't pass the smell test does it ... although there APPARENTLY was a currency auction ... I say apparently because it's not like they haven't lied to us and tried to fake us out with false information. Don't forget when they didn't have an auction for 3 or 4 days then went in and back-posted numbers! ... Uh huh!

Bing Bang Boom sounds good to me ... I'll pencil it in on my calendar (no etching of stone with Iraq ... gotta' be able to erase ... lol) ...

Just for the record ... the 17th or 18th COULD just as easily be my NEW national holiday!

Be expectant but stay grounded

Doc31 i see you are reading this can you chime in on this????? Thanks in advance.

There you go Easy

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 8

Thanks. I mean strange things are occuring i believe we are sooooooo close for this ride coming to an end.ohmy.gif

That would be great Easy... not complaining, but would so love this ride to be over. I think it has been worse than a roller coaster at Disney World.. or a ride like "The Tower of Terror"... yeah that's it. When you get on that ride it has several different "outcomes" so you never know which ride your going to get. huh.gif This seems like that... when you think it is time to go up... you go down or sideways! blink.gif I remember at one point I thought we were done and we were coming out at the bottom... only to find that we were at the top... and the ride wasn't over yet. Like I said... I am so ready for this one to be over! biggrin.gif GO RV Already Baby!!! cool.gif

Yep ... just doesn't pass the smell test does it ... although there APPARENTLY was a currency auction ... I say apparently because it's not like they haven't lied to us and tried to fake us out with false information. Don't forget when they didn't have an auction for 3 or 4 days then went in and posted numbers! Uh huh!

Bing Bang Boom sounds good to me ... I'll pencil it in on my calendar (no etching of stone with Iraq ... gotta' be able to erase ... lol) ...

Just for the record ... the 17th or 18th COULD just as easily be my NEW national holiday!

There you go Easy

Peace

Doc31

wow, thanks doc as always appreciate your insight. biggrin.gif

That would be great Easy... not complaining, but would so love this ride to be over. I think it has been worse than a roller coaster at Disney World.. or a ride like "The Tower of Terror"... yeah that's it. When you get on that ride it has several different "outcomes" so you never know which ride your going to get. huh.gif This seems like that... when you think it is time to go up... you go down or sideways! blink.gif I remember at one point I thought we were done and we were coming out at the bottom... only to find that we were at the top... and the ride wasn't over yet. Like I said... I am so ready for this one to be over! biggrin.gif GO RV Already Baby!!! cool.gif

o definitely they try to fake us out all the time. O Iraq YOU and your shananigans.. they'll get ya every time.

• Upvote 1

Yep ... just doesn't pass the smell test does it ... although there APPARENTLY was a currency auction ... I say apparently because it's not like they haven't lied to us and tried to fake us out with false information. Don't forget when they didn't have an auction for 3 or 4 days then went in and posted numbers! Uh huh!

Peace

Doc31

Thanks Doc31...you ROCK!

I don't put faith in a lot of what I read on here, but when I see that you are continually looking to buy from those selling...my faith remains intact.

Thanks again for all you've done for this site.

Design Interrupted

I'm really curious about this news. Has anyone found a corroborating report elsewhere? Just strange that it's in the news in the Philippines but not in Iraq. Don't get me wrong...I an hoping any praying we are cashing in tomorrow but after all the false starts since December it just gives me pause.

I'm really curious about this news. Has anyone found a corroborating report elsewhere? Just strange that it's in the news in the Philippines but not in Iraq. Don't get me wrong...I an hoping any praying we are cashing in tomorrow but after all the false starts since December it just gives me pause.

Here you go Mack http://www.ninanews.com/English/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FHGGFH

Thanks blonde_minx....but that takes me back to my question from yesterday. Is it a national holiday or just in the Karbala province?

I have searched and searched to no avail :o , it just makes me wonder if they have said its a public holiday just to close the banks etc, etc to the public allowing them to hopefully do what they need to do behind closed doors, i would have thought :huh: if and i say if this was a new public Holiday it would have been all over the internet and in all iraq news papers, just a thought

I have searched and searched to no avail :o , it just makes me wonder if they have said its a public holiday just to close the banks etc, etc to the public allowing them to hopefully do what they need to do behind closed doors, i would have thought :huh: if and i say if this was a new public Holiday it would have been all over the internet and in all iraq news papers, just a thought

My thoughts, too. That's why I'm taking this news, as I do most news coming out of Iraq, with a big grain of slat.

Thanks for chiming in Doc31! Always appreciated! biggrin.gif GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif