Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Not to get anyone worried - But informed

theadicts

http://www.azzaman.com/english/index.asp?fname=news\2011-07-15\kurd.htm

This is posted in the news section of the forum also.

However, I wanted to focus on the last sentence that was written in this editorial.

Shabibi said there was a lot for Iraq to learn from Turkey.

We all know what happened in Turkey. People around here will call it a LOP, I call it a reinstatement of value. After all you do not lose any value from the plan of dropping 3 zeroes.

Stay informed, engaged, and prepared (even for RD).

However, I wanted to focus on the last sentence that was written in this editorial.

We all know what happened in Turkey. People around here will call it a LOP, I call it a reinstatement of value. After all you do not lose any value from the plan of dropping 3 zeroes.

I think you're right about being prepared, and I DO think it's important; but (however foolish some may think of me for it), I'm going to maintain that this is part of the game until an official announcement is made. I can't see them laying their cards down like this.

the biggest and most valuable ? is when will be the time they RD i ave no doubt in my mind they will evetually have no other choice but to RD but the ? still begs when will they do ths and how???? I am def. still encouraged andd excited about what is about to take place. I personally think they will remove the larger bills slowly and down the road thats opnion but they need to give value to the dinar immediately.

• Upvote 1

the biggest and most valuable ? is when will be the time they RD i ave no doubt in my mind they will evetually have no other choice but to RD but the ? still begs when will they do ths and how???? I am def. still encouraged andd excited about what is about to take place. I personally think they will remove the larger bills slowly and down the road thats opnion but they need to give value to the dinar immediately.

Trust me, I hope for this.

I just think the damage control should start now considering how many people are sold on the idea that hey are virtually millionaires already.

If they are going to follow in Turkey's footsteps it pretty plainly shows whats on their mind

A RD with possible RV.

I will be told im a lopster, I call myself a realist.

THERE ARE TOO MANY GOVERNMENTS INVOLVED.

IF IT DOESNT RV THE U.S. MANY GET A LITTLE IRRITATED

TOO MANY LIVES

TOO MUCH MONEY

FOR WHAT?

WMD??? CMON..

FOR THOSE WHO THINK THIS ISNT ABOUT THE RETURN INVESTMENT AND THE OIL, ARE JUST PLAIN NIAVE...

OBOOMA AND THE CREW HAVE THIS IN THEIR HIP POCKET.

PLUS IRAQ WOULDNT LIKE THE SLAP IN THE FACE BY HAVING A MUCH LESS VALUE THAN KUWAIT.

THEY TAKE A 25K NOTE AND GIVE BACK 250 --100.00 DOLLAR NEW DINAR. NOTES...AND MAKE THAT DINAR WORTH 3.00 PLUS AMERICAN. !

THE U.S. DOES NOT CASH IN THE DINAR ! THEY BUY OIL WITH IT!

AT 33.00 A BARREL. THEY ALREADY SAID THATS ABOUT 6 DINAR A BARREL..

THE U.S. TREASURY PUTS ELECTRONIC MONEY INTO OUR ACCOUNTS. TAKES THE DINAR AND BUYS OIL WITH IT.

IRAQ DOESNT GET CLEANED OUT..

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Trust me, I hope for this.

I just think the damage control should start now considering how many people are sold on the idea that hey are virtually millionaires already.

If they are going to follow in Turkey's footsteps it pretty plainly shows whats on their mind

A RD with possible RV.

I will be told im a lopster, I call myself a realist.

thts cool. It's all speculation anyhow but the thing is you cannot trusst what they put out aand that is FACT its hard to really determine what will come of this. Logic in this case is not Iraq's best quality.

THERE ARE TOO MANY GOVERNMENTS INVOLVED.

IF IT DOESNT RV THE U.S. MANY GET A LITTLE IRRITATED

TOO MANY LIVES

TOO MUCH MONEY

FOR WHAT?

WMD??? CMON..

FOR THOSE WHO THINK THIS ISNT ABOUT THE RETURN INVESTMENT AND THE OIL, ARE JUST PLAIN NIAVE...

OBOOMA AND THE CREW HAVE THIS IN THEIR HIP POCKET.

PLUS IRAQ WOULDNT LIKE THE SLAP IN THE FACE BY HAVING A MUCH LESS VALUE THAN KUWAIT.

THEY TAKE A 25K NOTE AND GIVE BACK 250 --100.00 DOLLAR NEW DINAR. NOTES...AND MAKE THAT DINAR WORTH 3.00 PLUS AMERICAN. !

THE U.S. DOES NOT CASH IN THE DINAR ! THEY BUY OIL WITH IT!

AT 33.00 A BARREL. THEY ALREADY SAID THATS ABOUT 6 DINAR A BARREL..

THE U.S. TREASURY PUTS ELECTRONIC MONEY INTO OUR ACCOUNTS. TAKES THE DINAR AND BUYS OIL WITH IT.

IRAQ DOESNT GET CLEANED OUT..

Your going off hearsay. Yes we went in there for oil. The currency issue is a whole different story. Give me proof that we have dinar and are buying oil with it. You won't find that information anywhere because it is all hearsay. Most say made up from the dinar brokers that are making a killing might I add.

Iraq has said many times that they will redenominate

China said many times they would not revalue

No way to tell who is right until the day arrives.

Be calm and enjoy the ride either way we will make money

Edited by dinarx2
  • Upvote 1

This! Either way we will most likely come out on top!! What is there to fret about unless you were set on the fact that your a millionaire already.

Worst case scenario we make our money back. Ideal scenario, we make x2 to x3 our original investment.

Iraq has said many times that they will redenominate

China said many times they would not revalue

No way to tell who is right until the day arrives.

Exactly, don't believe what the players are putting out. Would they really publish they will RV....no.

Exactly, don't believe what the players are putting out. Would they really publish they will RV....no.

lol no they wouldn't say they are going to RV. But if they are removing zeroes they will tell us they are removing zeroes (which they have).

I don't get what announcing a RV has to do with the future of our bills. Also considering our 25k bills are worth 25 dollars taking the zeroes off would do nothing but look different cosmetically. If they then proceed to RV we will most likely see some sort of gain.

Worst case scenario we make our money back. Ideal scenario, we make x2 to x3 our original investment.

That's not the ideal scenario! The ideal scenario is being a millionaire by Monday morning.

Making 2x to 3x my investment would be an enormous disappointment. :)

And you don't gain anything either if it stays at 1:1... Infact you lose due to commissions , fees, etc.......

That's not the ideal scenario! The ideal scenario is being a millionaire by Monday morning.

Making 2x to 3x my investment would be an enormous disappointment. :)

I say this because when I was first introduced to this investment by my families tax preparer of 25+ years. He told me that you will most likely see a return of x2-x5 the initial investment costs.

This man had been in the federal government for over 15+ years and still talks to contacts in the federal government. I guess this is why I am more open to the idea of RD before RV. Because of the return he stated when I bought in.

And you don't gain anything either if it stays at 1:1... Infact you lose due to commissions , fees, etc.......

The gains come after the RD.

This is the appreciation that Shabibi refers to.

Once the remnants of past inflation are removed by dropping the 3 zeros, the currency regains it's true value, and has a chance to appreciate more, while retaining it's strength..

All Dinar purchased between Jan 2010 and Dec 2011 could have the spread deducted from taxes, if the RD occurred before the end of the year.

Any losses would be minimal.

A RV in 2012 would put most into the lower long term capital gains category, as the RD would take 6 to 12 months to complete.

The CBI telegraphs the end of 2012 for the completion of the RD.

There may be a chance that all the CBI and FOREX announcements that Iraq plans a RD are propaganda, but, as much as I would personally like for that to be true, I really doubt that it is.

Just goes to show that really no one knows anything. This is just the epitome of speculation, wild speculation!

Exactly I can't sit here and tell you I am 100% right. Others who believe in a 1:1 scenario before a RD cannot prove they are 100% right. I am just trying to bring insight to this investment. Showing that it may not be what some are expecting.

It would only be reasonable to RD and then RV, this is for the country of Iraq,not to make us millionaires,even tho alot of people here would be very dissapointed not to be suddenly rich,it wont matter to them how long you have been invested or how much you have spent in money or time,it was our discission to get invested.If they RD and then RV at example-- 8 dollars-- 25000 would be 25 x 8 =200 dollars

A lot of people are fearful of how this may play out. I know I get concerned just like everyone else, because our ROI % is greatly reduced upon a R/D. In otherwords, if our best-case scenario is a long-term investment that gradually rises, a R/D eliminates that to a substantial degree. So whether we sit on this for a long-term or a get-rich-quick type investment, R/D-talk is scary.

We all know this should be common sense... They will not come out & directly say they'll be increasing their exchange rates with other foreign currencies. However, they could easily say that they intend to remove the zeros while basically hinting they're speaking about a R/D. Could it be true? Of course, could it be a cover for other actions? Of course!

When we look at the benefits of doing a R/D.... We can argue them as well:

**Makings doing simple transactions easier....-- Well at a 1000:1 R/D, it is simply just assuming the three zeros on the note are omitted. Not sure how that would make it more simple. Doesn't really effect the amount of cash they would carry. They would still carry the same # of notes in similar value denominations. They would have to introduce a larger note of higher value than the 25k note has.

**It would be more appealing to investors as their currency has value... -- I don't know about you, but a R/D is much similar to a reverse-stock split. Quick lesson that, your #s of shares are reduced, but the value increases. I.e, If you hold 1,000 shares at $0.10, after a reverse-stock split, you have 500 shares at $0.20 - end result is the same value as before. And, if I was looking into investing, and I saw that the company did a reverse-stock split, I would be very very concerned investing with them. Especially if they're reducing the rise in value by doing such actions. How many of us would have bought IQD if it was already valued @ $0.86 and expected to appreciate over time? Most defintely not as many... Only bigger & wealthier investors.

But.. It does reduce the liabilites of the CBI for what they have to account for. But, a rebuttal, it doesn't really help the people whatsoever. They can't go to the market and buy any more than before the R/D with the currency they hold.

It would likely add to confusion. Imagine one day waking up and seeing that the decimal of your account balanced moved 3 spaces to the left. You would freak out, right? Or, imagine hand a clerk a $100 and getting back a dime ($0.10).

Now, isntead of 2 currencies in use, you would have 3 in use within the country. USD, IQD, and newly R/D IQD.

But, those are thoughts against the idea... Not a whole lot of PRO other than the CBI reduces their liabilities of what they have to account for.

I say this because when I was first introduced to this investment by my families tax preparer of 25+ years. He told me that you will most likely see a return of x2-x5 the initial investment costs.

This man had been in the federal government for over 15+ years and still talks to contacts in the federal government. I guess this is why I am more open to the idea of RD before RV. Because of the return he stated when I bought in.

A tax preparer???? Does he also give advice on girls, buying cars, picking a ripe watermelon, what kind of mouth wash to use? I take tax advice from my accountant. He takes investment advice from me. DayTrader

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A tax preparer???? Does he also give advice on girls, buying cars, picking a ripe watermelon, what kind of mouth wash to use? I take tax advice from my accountant. He takes investment advice from me. DayTrader

Yes he does considering he is a GOOD family friend. I personally could talk to him about anything.

When I say tax preparer he isn't some hobo out of H and R block. He has his own tax firm.

If you would like to know, his IQD information comes from his contacts still in the federal government. Along with his knowledge of US plan to invade Iraq. Like I said he was in the fed governemnt for over 15 years.

A lot of people are fearful of how this may play out. I know I get concerned just like everyone else, because our ROI % is greatly reduced upon a R/D. In otherwords, if our best-case scenario is a long-term investment that gradually rises, a R/D eliminates that to a substantial degree. So whether we sit on this for a long-term or a get-rich-quick type investment, R/D-talk is scary.

We all know this should be common sense... They will not come out & directly say they'll be increasing their exchange rates with other foreign currencies. However, they could easily say that they intend to remove the zeros while basically hinting they're speaking about a R/D. Could it be true? Of course, could it be a cover for other actions? Of course!

When we look at the benefits of doing a R/D.... We can argue them as well:

**Makings doing simple transactions easier....-- Well at a 1000:1 R/D, it is simply just assuming the three zeros on the note are omitted. Not sure how that would make it more simple. Doesn't really effect the amount of cash they would carry. They would still carry the same # of notes in similar value denominations. They would have to introduce a larger note of higher value than the 25k note has.

**It would be more appealing to investors as their currency has value... -- I don't know about you, but a R/D is much similar to a reverse-stock split. Quick lesson that, your #s of shares are reduced, but the value increases. I.e, If you hold 1,000 shares at $0.10, after a reverse-stock split, you have 500 shares at $0.20 - end result is the same value as before. And, if I was looking into investing, and I saw that the company did a reverse-stock split, I would be very very concerned investing with them. Especially if they're reducing the rise in value by doing such actions. How many of us would have bought IQD if it was already valued @ $0.86 and expected to appreciate over time? Most defintely not as many... Only bigger & wealthier investors.

But.. It does reduce the liabilites of the CBI for what they have to account for. But, a rebuttal, it doesn't really help the people whatsoever. They can't go to the market and buy any more than before the R/D with the currency they hold.

It would likely add to confusion. Imagine one day waking up and seeing that the decimal of your account balanced moved 3 spaces to the left. You would freak out, right? Or, imagine hand a clerk a $100 and getting back a dime ($0.10).

Now, isntead of 2 currencies in use, you would have 3 in use within the country. USD, IQD, and newly R/D IQD.

But, those are thoughts against the idea... Not a whole lot of PRO other than the CBI reduces their liabilities of what they have to account for.

If there is a RD we will have to see some sort of RV immediately or shortly after. My guess is RD and then 1 iqd = around 1 usd.

Edited by theadicts