Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DaBoys123 (Will The RV Happen? The Numbers Don’t Lie!):

DRV1804

* DaBoys123 (Will The RV Happen? The Numbers Don’t Lie!): PD 6/27/11 11:33AM

June 28th, 2011 06:55 am · Posted in CHATS & POSTS (Iraqi Dinar Info)

I for one like looking at the numbers!

I hope by doing this it will put to rest those that suggest the RV won’t happen or that it is a canal-water sucking-est bad deal.

Iraq has approximately. 27 trillion dinar printed in circulation, which has a value of 23,047,400,000 so just a little over 23 billion dollars.

This was posted on CNN in 2010, Iraq’s estimated oil reserves have grown by nearly 25 percent, the oil ministry announced Monday.

“Iraq’s oil reserves which are extractable are 143.1 billion barrels,” said Hussein al-Shahristani, Iraq’s oil minister, based on data provided by Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.

The OPEC figures are about 28 billion barrels higher than previous estimates.

At $81 a barrel, about what oil was trading at early Monday, the added reserves would be worth about $2.27 trillion.

Now at a $100.00 a barrel their oil is worth 14 trillion 300 billion dollars. Some estimate that they have as much as 300 billion barrels of oil. Now this is just oil, it doesn’t include any other natural resources.

So how can anybody suggest that an RV of their currency isn’t going to happen is beyond me.

When you do the math something has to happen. Dinar currency worth 23 billion, as it stands, Iraq’s natural resources worth over 14 trillion dollars.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

Just do the math!

This will happen just can’t say when.

• Upvote 12

* DaBoys123 (Will The RV Happen? The Numbers Don’t Lie!): PD 6/27/11 11:33AM

June 28th, 2011 06:55 am · Posted in CHATS & POSTS (Iraqi Dinar Info)

I for one like looking at the numbers!

I hope by doing this it will put to rest those that suggest the RV won’t happen or that it is a canal-water sucking-est bad deal.

Iraq has approximately. 27 trillion dinar printed in circulation, which has a value of 23,047,400,000 so just a little over 23 billion dollars.

This was posted on CNN in 2010, Iraq’s estimated oil reserves have grown by nearly 25 percent, the oil ministry announced Monday.

“Iraq’s oil reserves which are extractable are 143.1 billion barrels,” said Hussein al-Shahristani, Iraq’s oil minister, based on data provided by Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.

The OPEC figures are about 28 billion barrels higher than previous estimates.

At $81 a barrel, about what oil was trading at early Monday, the added reserves would be worth about $2.27 trillion.

Now at a $100.00 a barrel their oil is worth 14 trillion 300 billion dollars. Some estimate that they have as much as 300 billion barrels of oil. Now this is just oil, it doesn’t include any other natural resources.

So how can anybody suggest that an RV of their currency isn’t going to happen is beyond me.

When you do the math something has to happen. Dinar currency worth 23 billion, as it stands, Iraq’s natural resources worth over 14 trillion dollars.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

Just do the math!

This will happen just can’t say when.

I'm almost afraid to ask this question because I might not

understand the answer(s).

But what is the relationship between the amount of currency

in circulation and the value of the oil reserves which is oil in

the ground if I understand that much?

I will do a little math , So this guy is trying to say that they will completely deplete their oil reserves and other resources to cover a possible 1 to 1 RV cause the 14 trillion doesn't cover the 27trillion dinar

and if you have 27 trillion dinar it becomes 27 trillion dollars don't think so sorry

HAHA I wish the numbers did lie !!!!

Edited by Mojo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He is trying to make a stand that Iraq will RV based on oil futures.

Oil futures mean nothing if you can not get the oil to the world.

Please show me the path from their oil fields to my car.

I bet there are some big holes to fill.

Until sanctions are lifted this means nothing.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futures_contract

Just because Iraq has introduced 25 to 27 trillion dinars into circulation does not mean that all that money stayed in circulation. Iraq has pulled money out of circulation.

"Director General of BADEA Abdul Hussein al-Yasiri at a news conference attended by “morning” that the bank has achieved an important work focuses on two aspects, namely the withdrawal of excess liquidity from circulation and put it into the market again as it allows taking 24 trillion and 800 billion dinars, representing 70 percent of the liquidity, adding to The second aspect of the directions of the Bank is to support a draft comprehensive banking and industrial sectors, service and construction projects, construction and allocation of part of loans to farmers and the financing of housing projects, especially that the country needs to build more than three million housing units, noting that the bank was allocated 6 trillion dinars for the purposes of housing, commerce and industry to by granting loans to the public sector such as the Ministry of Electricity, which granted a loan for the development of electricity and the purchase of bonds and remittances in the form of two waves exceeded Akiemha four trillion and 800 billion dinars, as well as giving companies and the Ministry of Industry more than a trillion and 115 billion dinars, a contribution to the implementation of rehabilitation projects and the development of these companies , in addition to the different loans granted by Bank staff and employees in government departments, different. Speaking of housing loans granted by Iraq for the citizens and that the bank used Balakari as his experience in granting housing loans to citizens Vakarz final amount exceeded 300 billion dinars, in addition to the prepared study in how to grant housing loans by him directly, because the bank wanted to avoid the mistakes that many international banks through the equation between the deposits and the type and between loans and advances, indicating the presence of short-term deposits and long-term and there are loans and lines of short, medium and long-term bank, which has the right vision for the future must be prepared to lend this budget and on this basis, as he put it. Director-General warned that the bank is still going to give the citizens of housing loans of $ 30 million, indicating that the bank is required possession of the citizen who wants to get this loan for a piece of land as fit for building residential unit more than others, as well as its continuation in the granting of commercial loans and industrial. Said that Iraq had set a ceiling for advances not to exceed one trillion dinars and is currently studying the possibility of developing a new roof or the lifting of the ceiling reached by the bank in the previous round."

Sorry the link is broken....... :(

• Upvote 2

I dont want them to RD anymore then anyone else. I want this money, my parents NEED this money.

But will it come based on this post? Heck no!

Like someone said in an earlier reply here they will not mortage there entire future resources on making speculators rich.

Why would they do that? If theres one thing about arabs I know, they hold onto there money and wealth VERY well.

Now, just because they said they have 27 trillion dinars in circulation, doesnt mean all of that is STILL in circulation.

Read up on what China did when they RV'd, they lied about it first, then very, very quietly removed billions and trillions of there yuan.

When they RV'd not alot of people made money on it.

I can believe anywhere from 1 to 20 cents on each dinar, and them giving us face value.

I certainly cant believe anything more.

With a 1 cent per dinar face value reval, and alot less dinar in circulation, with a RD IN COUNTRY, it would work.

Oil Iraq has means absolutley nothing to a country in as much turmoil as Iraq. They are worse than the Hatfields and McCoys. A large percentage of the population are poor uneducated people and all they want to do is fight and kill and bomb and who knows what else. Most hate Americans and Christians and they could care less about their oil and have no reason to become civilized. Iraq has a long way to go before they become a true democracy and a stable government so and Rv, if any, is a long way down the road. I'm talking about years. JMHO

• Downvote 3

Oil Iraq has means absolutley nothing to a country in as much turmoil as Iraq. They are worse than the Hatfields and McCoys. A large percentage of the population are poor uneducated people and all they want to do is fight and kill and bomb and who knows what else. Most hate Americans and Christians and they could care less about their oil and have no reason to become civilized. Iraq has a long way to go before they become a true democracy and a stable government so and Rv, if any, is a long way down the road. I'm talking about years. JMHO

Well they may partly hate christians, but also know that the largest grouping of christians in the ME is in Iraq right now.

And throughout this conflict they have kept up a steady oil output.

Not saying this is going to go on forever, but with such a huge reserve, all these countries needing oil, and the US involved. Well Oil will flow, if the people who need the oil have to kill every Iraqi in site, the Oil will flow.

You're not happy are you? lol Ok, point taken. :unsure:

He is trying to make a stand that Iraq will RV based on oil futures.

Oil futures mean nothing if you can not get the oil to the world.

Please show me the path from their oil fields to my car.

I bet there are some big holes to fill.

Until sanctions are lifted this means nothing.

Hmmmm, lets' see. Oil get's pumped out in the oil fields near Basara, transported to a loading platform just off the coast of Iraq, ship sails through the Straits of Hormuz (protected by the U.S. Navy), goes past nasty pirates off the Somali coast, unloads in Houston, gets refined in big ole' Texas sized refineries, and then gets transported to your local gas station. You drive up to said gas station, and pump the gas into your POV (as long as you have the $$) That's about the same way it's been going for the last 60+ years.

Oh and groundpounder, Chap 7 sanctions get lifted on June 30th.

From a 19k who knows that you need 60+ tons of steel surrounding you before you EVER should go into battle. :lol:

The thought of not wanting to waste their future earnings to reward speculators is what got me to accepting more of what Adam Montana feels regarding the RV rate - between 10 and 30 cents.

* Assumption 1 - Iraq has 27 trillion dinar in circulation

* Assumption 2 - Iraq has 143 billion barrels of oil reserves

* Assumption 3 - the USA does NOT have a secret agreement with Iraq to purchase their oil reserves at $35 per barrel

So if Iraq sold all 143 billion barrels of oil at $100 per barrel, they would generate $14.3 trillion USD. If the RV happens at $0.30 and all dinar were exchanged, It would take approximately $8.1 trillion USD, leaving them with over $6 trillion USD. Not THAT would benefit Iraq tremendously and would not sacrifice their future oil revenue.

The thought of not wanting to waste their future earnings to reward speculators is what got me to accepting more of what Adam Montana feels regarding the RV rate - between 10 and 30 cents.

* Assumption 1 - Iraq has 27 trillion dinar in circulation

* Assumption 2 - Iraq has 143 billion barrels of oil reserves

* Assumption 3 - the USA does NOT have a secret agreement with Iraq to purchase their oil reserves at $35 per barrel

So if Iraq sold all 143 billion barrels of oil at $100 per barrel, they would generate $14.3 trillion USD. If the RV happens at $0.30 and all dinar were exchanged, It would take approximately $8.1 trillion USD, leaving them with over $6 trillion USD. Not THAT would benefit Iraq tremendously and would not sacrifice their future oil revenue.

The thing that gets me is this secret agreement, and also the 27 trillion in circulation. Where is it all?

The secret agreement is baloney as far as Im concerned. Iraqi citizens maybe uneducated backwater ragheads, but the Iraqi politician and banker are NOT.

Once these sanctions are lifted were talking there selling there oil for 93 USD a barrel gauranteed! These are not dumb people running the place, nor are they morally centered.

They want money.

And as I stated many times. Its oil. EVERY country needs it. Which means no matter what, if we have to kill every Iraqi citizen to keep the oil pumping "We" will.

And I just researched it. During the US led revolution, there oil production didnt fall below 1.6 million barrels. It did fall way below prewar levels. But now its back.

And there definite 145 billion barrel reserve will go way, way up because only 20 of there 80 oil fields are being used right now. Once the sanctions are lifted and these oil companies are let in to do full business expect that number to rise.

Right now estimations are reaching over 350 billion barrel reserve. Thats alot of dough.

Edited by Ironwolf1974

Ironwolf1974

I'm not disagreeing with you. The scenario I set forth was mere speculation based on those assumptions that are regularly repeated. I've never seen a credible link confirming the "secret agreement" the US has in place to purchase the Iraq oil reserves as greatly reduced prices. I have, however, seen links in the past mentioning Iraq printing 27 trillion dinar after Hussein's overthrow in 2003. I've also read online about Iraq's projected 143 billion barrel oil reserve.

Everyone keeps reminding each other that the RV is supposed to be looking after the best interests of Iraq. The scenario I laid out above seems to accomplish that and makes sense............at least to me. :D

Ironwolf1974

I'm not disagreeing with you. The scenario I set forth was mere speculation based on those assumptions that are regularly repeated. I've never seen a credible link confirming the "secret agreement" the US has in place to purchase the Iraq oil reserves as greatly reduced prices. I have, however, seen links in the past mentioning Iraq printing 27 trillion dinar after Hussein's overthrow in 2003. I've also read online about Iraq's projected 143 billion barrel oil reserve.

Everyone keeps reminding each other that the RV is supposed to be looking after the best interests of Iraq. The scenario I laid out above seems to accomplish that and makes sense............at least to me. :D

Oh Im just typing to keep myself busy bud! Im not saying nay or yay against what you say. What you posted ALL makes sense.

I guess what Im saying, as is Lagrange and others is...

Well not one of us has solid intel about any of this! haha.

Will it RV or RD who knows! Im staying positive and pleadin....err praying to God to intervene and RV :D

• Upvote 1

Read and be wise:

Many factors determine currency valuation, but the most important factors are trade, political stability, banking systems and interest rates, manufacturing rates, and how other countries view the country in question.

In terms of trade, a higher rate of exporting is called a surplus, while a higher rate of importing is called a deficit. When a country exports goods to other countries and those countries purchase the goods, this raises the value of the first country’s currency. Conversely, if the country is importing more goods and, thus, selling more international products than local ones, the country’s currency valuation decreases. The amounts of imports and exports are largely dependent on consumer demand and the price of the goods.

The political situation of a country is a major factor in determining currency valuation. If a country is riddled with instability, bribery and political corruption, its currency value will drop. A country’s debt, along with factors such as war and the popularity of the president, monarch, prime minister or other political leader, also determine a currency’s value. If a country is stable with low debt, no war and an internationally popular leader, the currency will generally be valued higher.

Banking interest rates, whether they are rising or falling, determine whether investors want to invest in a country’s currency. When an interest rate is high, investors will want to invest to get a larger return. While this is true, the currency valuation and the interest rate tend to move in opposite directions. A high interest rate will soon mean the currency is likely to drop in strength.

The available resources and manufacturing rates are tied directly to currency valuation. If a country has few resources and little manufacturing, then the currency value will drop because that country has fewer products to sell and investors will be less interested in investing. When a country shows strong manufacturing tendencies, it can create more sales, which will strength its currency.

How one country views another determines if the currency will rise or fall. This is tied to some of the other factors, such as manufacturing, trade and the political situation. When one country likes another, the two are more likely to trade. There will also be more tourists going between the two countries, resulting in more internal sales. If one country does not like another, then it will be much less likely to spend money on the other country.

Edited by webup

Read and be wise:

Many factors determine currency valuation, but the most important factors are trade, political stability, banking systems and interest rates, manufacturing rates, and how other countries view the country in question.

In terms of trade, a higher rate of exporting is called a surplus, while a higher rate of importing is called a deficit. When a country exports goods to other countries and those countries purchase the goods, this raises the value of the first country’s currency. Conversely, if the country is importing more goods and, thus, selling more international products than local ones, the country’s currency valuation decreases. The amounts of imports and exports are largely dependent on consumer demand and the price of the goods.

The political situation of a country is a major factor in determining currency valuation. If a country is riddled with instability, bribery and political corruption, its currency value will drop. A country’s debt, along with factors such as war and the popularity of the president, monarch, prime minister or other political leader, also determine a currency’s value. If a country is stable with low debt, no war and an internationally popular leader, the currency will generally be valued higher.

Banking interest rates, whether they are rising or falling, determine whether investors want to invest in a country’s currency. When an interest rate is high, investors will want to invest to get a larger return. While this is true, the currency valuation and the interest rate tend to move in opposite directions. A high interest rate will soon mean the currency is likely to drop in strength.

The available resources and manufacturing rates are tied directly to currency valuation. If a country has few resources and little manufacturing, then the currency value will drop because that country has fewer products to sell and investors will be less interested in investing. When a country shows strong manufacturing tendencies, it can create more sales, which will strength its currency.

How one country views another determines if the currency will rise or fall. This is tied to some of the other factors, such as manufacturing, trade and the political situation. When one country likes another, the two are more likely to trade. There will also be more tourists going between the two countries, resulting in more internal sales. If one country does not like another, then it will be much less likely to spend money on the other country.

webup.......... Very nice post. Insightful and very clearly presented.

What I learned most was why the US dollar has been in decline for so

long. Of course, the one factor there that you didn't mention was the

effect of a gov't printing money, the single biggest reason that a

dollar is worth today just a small fraction of it's original value when

it was backed by gold or silver. And please don't anyone start arguing

about that subject.

Now in Iraq's case, none of those factors are really in play at this time

because their currency isn't being traded at all, right?

I imagine it could have a bearing on the RV rate. Would that be fair

to say? Also, for comparison purposes, how does Kuwait stack up

on those five factors that you mentioned? It's always being said that

because the Iraqi Dinar was once very close to the Kuwaiti Dinar that

it should be brought back to that level. Any validity to that theory?

A lot of questions, I know, but you seem qualified to answer them.

Thanks again, WEBUP.

Edited by ZigsQuote

Oh Im just typing to keep myself busy bud! Im not saying nay or yay against what you say. What you posted ALL makes sense.

I guess what Im saying, as is Lagrange and others is...

Well not one of us has solid intel about any of this! haha.

Will it RV or RD who knows! Im staying positive and pleadin....err praying to God to intervene and RV :D

I have to agree with you , I will hold on to my Dinar until something happens , If we sold it without some kind of outcome well them we wouldn't be investors now would we

A lot of investors get rich i mean if these people like me and you didn't take a chance well then we wouldn't never see the outcome of anything

Wealthy people= Taking chances in life

Hmmmm, lets' see. Oil get's pumped out in the oil fields near Basara, transported to a loading platform just off the coast of Iraq, ship sails through the Straits of Hormuz (protected by the U.S. Navy), goes past nasty pirates off the Somali coast, unloads in Houston, gets refined in big ole' Texas sized refineries, and then gets transported to your local gas station. You drive up to said gas station, and pump the gas into your POV (as long as you have the $) That's about the same way it's been going for the last 60+ years.

Oh and groundpounder, Chap 7 sanctions get lifted on June 30th.

From a 19k who knows that you need 60+ tons of steel surrounding you before you EVER should go into battle. :lol:

Man, I need to try and keep up with this stuff.. but I gotta ask... what is a POV?

And can we get that 60+ ton vehicle for road use... I'm thinking folks would get out of the way or you could just make your own lane during rush hour! wink.giftongue.gif

What I learned most was why the US dollar has been in decline for so

long. Of course, the one factor there that you didn't mention was the

effect of a gov't printing money, the single biggest reason that a

dollar is worth today just a small fraction of it's original value when

it was backed by gold or silver. And please don't anyone start arguing

about that subject.

No arguments from me... I heard that "inflation" actually doubles the cost of living about every 7 - 10 years (if you factor in homes and automobiles into the GNP), that by a leading economist ... and before we got off the gold standard... for 150 years we had no inflation!