Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

COLOR OF BANKS SCREEN

Have seen many time the referance to the color of banks screens.(amber, green) what does this mean? any one know?

A clever way to determine the effectiveness of your smokin' dope.

Actually the concept is from some of the gurus to indicate the stage of completion of each individual bank's progress in the supposed progression of rate info from the Bank of International Settlement in Switzerland, through each country's Central Bank (Federal Reserve in the US), through each banking chain to each individual bank.

The popular theory is the bank's Currency Exchange computer(s) screen will go from Red when the rate is first released, to Amber as it works through the system, to Green when the systems have all successfully communicated with each other and the new rate goes "live".

I believe they are talking about the color that the actual rate is high lighted in; not the screen's background color.

I don't think banks have used monochrome screens since the days of 5520 emulation which should have ended around 10 to 15 years ago.

ASCII coding should allow for up to 32 color attributes.

This may be based on elements of truth.

• Upvote 1

Have seen many time the referance to the color of banks screens.(amber, green) what does this mean? any one know?

Many of the banks in the UK have screens that display the FTSE 100. When a stock drops in price, the price is displayed in red and if it rises, displayed in green. If there is a refresh with no change the price is displayed in white.

I have seen prices in yellow, but never known what it represented.

Edited by sandyf
  • Upvote 1

Many of the banks in the UK have screens that display the FTSE 100. When a stock drops in price, the price is displayed in red and if it rises, displayed in green. If there is a refresh with no change the price is displayed in white.

I have seen prices in yellow, but never known what it represented.

Read more:

A clever way to determine the effectiveness of your smokin' dope.

Actually the concept is from some of the gurus to indicate the stage of completion of each individual bank's progress in the supposed progression of rate info from the Bank of International Settlement in Switzerland, through each country's Central Bank (Federal Reserve in the US), through each banking chain to each individual bank.

The popular theory is the bank's Currency Exchange computer(s) screen will go from Red when the rate is first released, to Amber as it works through the system, to Green when the systems have all successfully communicated with each other and the new rate goes "live".

I believe they are talking about the color that the actual rate is high lighted in; not the screen's background color.

I don't think banks have used monochrome screens since the days of 5520 emulation which should have ended around 10 to 15 years ago.

Tanki you very much as I had an idea that it was something like that :)

I THOUGHT THIS was a serious question but, I see it has become a Joke . when in actuality there IS a differnt color for Currency as well as STOCKS when they change from an N0N -ACTIVE to a ACTIVE or LIVE TRADING STOCK , OR CURRENCY. As any Bank Currency offical can tell you. RED is a NON Trading item. The differnt color screen isa way to tell the AGENT -banker or stock rep how to proceed , In a STOCK PURCHASE it means NON TRADEABLE for some reason, and there could be many.In a CURRENCY transaction it may or may not be a LIVE currency, You can still purchase it, IF the Bank of choice handles it.. some will and some will NOT. Ask your Bank rep to explain it to you and remove the dought for yourself.

Look at it this way, everything the so-called guru's reference is wrong...why would this be any different. I honestly would not see how this would be different than any other currency. If the currencies rate changes most of the banks do not see it anyway. Every bank that I have called before about buying or selling they have had to call out to get a rate. This is more and likely something they have made up to persuade people.

I THOUGHT THIS was a serious question but, I see it has become a Joke . when in actuality there IS a differnt color for Currency as well as STOCKS when they change from an N0N -ACTIVE to a ACTIVE or LIVE TRADING STOCK , OR CURRENCY. As any Bank Currency offical can tell you. RED is a NON Trading item. The differnt color screen isa way to tell the AGENT -banker or stock rep how to proceed , In a STOCK PURCHASE it means NON TRADEABLE for some reason, and there could be many.In a CURRENCY transaction it may or may not be a LIVE currency, You can still purchase it, IF the Bank of choice handles it.. some will and some will NOT. Ask your Bank rep to explain it to you and remove the dought for yourself.

I was sort of thinking the same thing in reference to Forex.

We normally see the RED dot when we pair the IQD to any nationally traded currency.

So, we may assume means actively traded and any colors that would exist in between, if any do exist, would mean prepartion from going non-active to active.

Not to sure how it would really relate to banks other than that maybe they use the same currency exchange sites any currency trader uses.

Look at it this way, everything the so-called guru's reference is wrong...why would this be any different. I honestly would not see how this would be different than any other currency. If the currencies rate changes most of the banks do not see it anyway. Every bank that I have called before about buying or selling they have had to call out to get a rate. This is more and likely something they have made up to persuade people.

Your comments do not address the original post.