Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Licenced Sellers vs Ebay

I heard a rumor that if this thing ever RV'S they will check the serial numbers when you cash out. If you didn't buy from a licensed dealer you won't get paid. The bills are being smuggled out of Iraq into countries like Jordan and sold from there on ebay. :eek:

I would think that if they sold them on ebay they must be licensed in some way. :confused:

But knowing the incompetence out there how can you be sure?

I guess we can make decisions on rumors. Here's the bottom line - If the bills are authentic no one and I mean no one will care where they came from. Do you realize that 99.9% of every one hundred dollar bill in circulation has a cocaine residue on it. Does that mean that you are a drug dealer or that the c-note has no value? I'll bet you have never had a drug dog back you into a corner at the airport when you were carrying even just one of these. If it's real, it has value, period.

• Upvote 3

GID's source has always been Jordan

DT's Dubai

and how does that fit with your supposition? Serial numbers ... really?!

Don't fall prey to all the nonsense that passes for news ... this all came from the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait ... the subsequent looting of the Kuwaiti banks and the response of the Kuwaiti's making folks PROVE where they got there KWD.

And what about the troops and contract individuals who spent time there and acquired via business transactions ... they definitely don't have a receipt nor did anyone "record serial numbers"

It doesn't even pass the smell test!

Learn to authenticate it ... authenticate it ... then relax and wait with the rest of us.

Folks ... it's currency ... did you steal it? ... no?! ... ok ... then relax. They are NOT going to ask for a receipt ... but if they should ... show them!

My goodness

Doc31

• Upvote 6

I doubt they have the equipment to read the serial numbers and then compare them to some data base. Those Arabic numbers are next to impossible to read. What a mind screw that would be. :D Just wondering if it is legal to buy it from a non registered dealer?

If you're selling small amounts it's legal or not? Who would know?

When I bought some Dinar off ebay from a seller in Jordan an extra charge showed up on my credit card. Something like $60. I asked the credit card company and they said it was for exchanging from one currency to another. So it was probably done legally.

When I bought some Dinar of ebay from a seller in Jordan an extra charge showed up on my credit card. Something like $60. I asked the credit card company and they said it was for exchanging from one currency to another. So it was probably done legally.

Thanks for the responses.

Edited by Doctor Smith

• 2 weeks later...

Always check for yourself:

1. Horse head watermark: This is one of the easiest security features to check for. Hold the Iraqi dinar up to a bright light source and the image of a horse head should clearly appear. This pattern is embedded, not printed, into the paper.

2. Color changing symbol: In the bottom left hand corner, the eight sided symbol should change color from purple to green when viewed at different angles.

3. Ultraviolet writing: To check for the ultraviolet writing on the Iraqi Dinar, you will need a UV lamp (as commonly found in hardware stores). In a dimly lit area, hold the UVA lamp over the Iraqi dinar. You should clearly see a UV box with writing inside on the back side of the dinar.

4. Metallic ink (25,000 dinar note only): The image of a dove is printed in metallic ink on the top left hand corner of the back of the dinar.

5. Security thread: There should be a metallic security thread embedded into the stock of the Iraqi dinar paper. Note: the security thread is metallic only on the 25,000 dinar note.

6. Unique serial number: Every dinar is uniquely numbered in East-Arabic script. See the conversion below to western numerals. Notice the similarities between the 2 and 3 numerals.

This is a guide from: http://dinarprofits.com/iraqi_dinar_information/security_features/

• Upvote 1

Well here's a little insight of whats gonna happen over here in Europe ...... All banks stock foregin currency and deal with it on a daily basis on a much larger scale than the US .... once it is a openly traded currency any bank will take and exchange it there not gonna look for a recipt from where i got it thats none of there buisness!!

put it this way if I walked into my local bank with say $50,000 USD (which is a foregin currency to us) and wanted to lodge it into my account ......

1. there not gonna 'ask where I got it from.

2. they will only charge a 1% charge for currency exchange. and thats it the money is in my account... simple as

I have never been asked to show proof of where I purchased the currency ..... EVER!! I have accounts in Scotland, Ireland, New york & Switzerland.

proof or source of purchase has never been an issue.

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 3

Wow The Machine, can I come visit you? lol Isn't there an amount of currency that flags the authorities? Here I believe its $10,000 USD. If I try to do anything over 3 or 4 thousand here in hawaii, they put a hold on it. Now that's totally irritating. Not dealing with foreign currencies in those transactions though. Just small-minded greedy banks.

Edited by HawaiianGal

I heard a rumor that if this thing ever RV'S they will check the serial numbers when you cash out. If you didn't buy from a licensed dealer you won't get paid. The bills are being smuggled out of Iraq into countries like Jordan and sold from there on ebay. :eek:

I would think that if they sold them on ebay they must be licensed in some way. :confused:

But knowing the incompetence out there how can you be sure?

Hi Doctor :)

Thanks for your thoughts. It is simply yet another untrue statement that

does nothing but try and scare people TO dealers. Dealers start this type of

nonsense, just like they did when there was a large theft back in Feb. 2010

and the next day all involved had been caught AND the stolen CIRculated IQD

were confiscated. BUT, it ended up being spread that ALL the stolen IQD had

somehow made it onto eBay and yet it was outright lie.

Who would have started such a blatant falsehood? Those competing with other

forms of purchase. Also remember being registered with the UST has nothing to do with

the quality and integrity and the manner in which a business conducts themselves. There are more

dealer related scams than many want to admit to, much more than any supposed eBay scams.

You have genuine notes...you have nothing to worry about. Learn to check your

notes such as the advice given awhile back by Doc31. You will be fine. We purchased ALL

our notes via eBay and with excellent service and UNcirculated quality. No problems, and saved

as much as 50% on some occasions compared to insane dealer premiums.

Nothing to worry about Doctor. :D The same lies just make new rounds, but it does not make them

fact no matter how many times they get repeated.

Have a great day :)

All my best!

Jim

---

I have checked them with the ultraviolet light and the markings on the bills. They seem to be authentic and as good as my Dinar Trade currency. In fact, the ones from Dinar Trade sometimes have flaws in them (like the metallic thread moved over a little)..

Not concerned whether of not they are real. Just concerned that they may not be authorized serial numbers (if such a thing exists) having been smuggled. I don't want to try and cash out some day only to find out the bills are not authorized and instead are confiscated.

I live in the Fema Camp police states of America. Any insane scenario is possible.