Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Visa problems for foreign contractors

humveee

This really looks like a mess:

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2011/03/23/iraq-entry-visa-quagmire-blamed-on-al-maliki/

Iraq Entry Visa Quagmire Blamed on al-Maliki

Posted on 23 March 2011. Tags: visas

We’ve reported in the recent past on the difficulties faced by foreign businesses in getting visas to work in Iraq. This week Iraq Oil Report has found that the reason for the delays is a decision by the office of the Prime Minister, Nouri al-Maliki, that applications for visas don’t just go through the Interior Ministry but through the prime minister’s office.

The report cites two anonymous sources, and says that the Ministry has not provided any rationale for the decision. It quotes one employee of an international oil company as saying “the visas are paralyzing us … If we go out, when do we go back in?”.

The ‘visa blackout’ is affecting everyone from labourers to prospective investors, top executives, managers, and technicians with specialized skills.

Edited by Munsch
added article

<_< delay, delay, delay, delay...Iraqi is all about delays, delays, delays, delays... <_< they are #1 in the world when it comes to Delays! they are so good at it...it should be their National Sport. :lol: Edited by Shinnidan

That's the least of their problems. I've been into this for about a month now and I've never seen

such wishful thinking in my life. The rumors and posts are totally unsubstantiated creating

more wishful thinking. It'll probably be another year before anything is done regarding an RV.

This country is so backwards...

The prime minister is processing visas? Wow what a joke.

When it comes to charging these visa fees and making it harder for foreign companies wanting to do business here in Iraq, I can't tell if its arrogance, ignorance, lazyness, or greed but they are constantly changing their visa process and charge more money each time. Yes it does great wonders for overall investment i think... which is something they cry about! :lol: :lol:

Its so easy to sit on your butt and collect money and I hope they take this too far. I want them to try and charge so much money they shut the door on their own tail... :lol: :lol:

of course it will take maybe the US embassy telling them to quit being stupid...so much hand holding in this country. we would have been better off planting our flag in this place.

sorry for the strong post in case i offend anyone...

• Upvote 1