Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

very sad story

Frosty

There isn't a day that goes by that I take some time to remember those I love and those who have served so gallantly to keep us safe. I have a sister coming home in 6 weeks...these are the longest six weeks of our lives! Like most of us, I send my prayers to Johnny Smith's family. I have seen mention that some of the DV family want to help those families whose loved ones have fallen when the RV becomes a reality, I think that is a wonderful idea. That makes this post dinar news. I will be looking for more mention of this...God Bless Us Everyone!!!

This is a story about a man named Johnny Smith who was a truck driver in Iraq which I had the pleasure and honor of working with there for almost 2 years and was a very close friend of mine. he was also a member of this site. johnny was on a mission Friday night when his truck hit an I.E.D and caught on fire. He bailed out of the truck to try to make a run for it but had to run thru the flames. he suffered 3rd degree burns on 70% of his body. he was flown to germany but passed away in during sugery from wounds he received from the blast. So when we get frustrated about the dinar not rving just remember there is alot more to life than dinar and the rv and that is life itself. and if it never rvs you are still alive and when we get angry that this dont happen when we want it to remember the men and women that made the ultimate sacrafice for this opportunity to happen and the familys they left behind and the children that dont have a father or a mother anymore . Johnny Smith good bye my friend and god bless you and thank you for all you did and god bless your family i will see you again my friend one day on the other side

My deepest condolences to your friend's family, to you, and to the Dinar Vets family!

:(

This is a story about a man named Johnny Smith who was a truck driver in Iraq which I had the pleasure and honor of working with there for almost 2 years and was a very close friend of mine. he was also a member of this site. johnny was on a mission Friday night when his truck hit an I.E.D and caught on fire. He bailed out of the truck to try to make a run for it but had to run thru the flames. he suffered 3rd degree burns on 70% of his body. he was flown to germany but passed away in during sugery from wounds he received from the blast. So when we get frustrated about the dinar not rving just remember there is alot more to life than dinar and the rv and that is life itself. and if it never rvs you are still alive and when we get angry that this dont happen when we want it to remember the men and women that made the ultimate sacrafice for this opportunity to happen and the familys they left behind and the children that dont have a father or a mother anymore . Johnny Smith good bye my friend and god bless you and thank you for all you did and god bless your family i will see you again my friend one day on the other side

Johnny Smith, rest in peace brother.

This is why I let it stay in the news forum... normally I'd find another place for it.

thank you.

May God 's Blessings of comfort and peace be with you, Johnny Smith's family and friends. Thank you for sharing so we may remain grounded in what is important. We need to remember those who gave all for our freedom and opportunities. May we all walk a little closer to the Lord and a little straighter in our lives in remembrance. During my daily prayer time for those suffering I will include you and the family. Thank you for your service also.

Dear Johnny

Well, I really don’t know what to say. I do know that you are missed and must have shown something very special to have a friend willing to introduce us to you.

Frosty says you were a member here and a very close friend. We didn’t get the chance to know you. Wish we could have but that is one of those things that isn’t always up to us. Sure wish you could have been around at least to see the RV. On the other hand, that just doesn’t seem that important now. Family would rather have you back than any RV. They are the ones with the aches and pains now.

It sounds like you were a fighter, not willing to give up for those you love. From the time your buddies got to you and then to Germany must have seemed like ages. It is peaceful now though.

We will put your family down on our prayer list.

No, Johnny, this isn’t some sentimental thing.

We have a prayer list with things and people we pray for daily and those that are weekly. We know they need strength to carry on even though there might be times they really don’t want to.

And Johnny Smith, we look forward to meeting you sometime in the near future. I’ll be looking you up.

God bless you Buddy

And thanks to you Frosty. Your on our list too……………

• Upvote 3

I will remember him in my prayers..thank you men and women for protecting us so freely and to you frosty thanks for sharing this

• Upvote 1

I ran convoy security for to many years and have myself lost many a friend, here is part of a poem we use here in UK to remember those that have fallen

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

Anyone that runs the gauntlet on those roads earns my respect

Stay strong Frosty. And if you are in touch with Johnny's family tell them he will not be forgotten. We should use this to know that we don't have to put people down. Every single persons feelings here should be considered when responding to posts. Maybe we can come together as a stronger unit and stop the bashing. We should be able to debunk and offer opinions in productive non aggressive ways. We never know when someone on these sites will take the journey to the other side. I don't want to be the one who hurts someone's feelings due to bad wording in a response and find out they passed away. Lets stay positive and treat each other as brothers and sisters. We are all here for the same reason. God Bless,

very well put striker...smile.gif thank you

Stay strong Frosty. And if you are in touch with Johnny's family tell them he will not be forgotten. We should use this to know that we don't have to put people down. Every single persons feelings here should be considered when responding to posts. Maybe we can come together as a stronger unit and stop the bashing. We should be able to debunk and offer opinions in productive non aggressive ways. We never know when someone on these sites will take the journey to the other side. I don't want to be the one who hurts someone's feelings due to bad wording in a response and find out they passed away. Lets stay positive and treat each other as brothers and sisters. We are all here for the same reason. God Bless,

Nicely put Striker, there are many on these forums that we get to know from their posts, and many more that we don't get to know, because we didn't engage in a particular forum where they may have posted. It certainly makes one think about all the members and what they may do for a living - and perhaps we will all think twice before we decide to post any derogatory statements or personal bashes.

And Frosty, thank you for introducing us to your friend - my condolences to you and yours, and to your friend's family as well. May you all find peace during this troubling time.

• Upvote 1

you know i get it.....its a very sad moment?

but how is this news?

NO YOU DON'T GET IT!!!! If it was not for out military men and women AND contractors this rv we all wait on would not even be possible. With all the American lives lost in Iraq and you make this kind of remark ??? Very Disrespectful!!!

• Upvote 1

you know i get it.....its a very sad moment?

but how is this news?

Let me toss another -1 on there for ya to make -36.

That response is tremendously revealing as to the current condition of your character. I have many expletives that would be appropriate but that will only put me back on the swear word watch list.

The fact that you even asked "how is this news" only solidifies in my mind that you are a civilian weener who never served your nation, either in uniform or as a contractor. Nobody I know who has ever born the burden of freedom would be so callous, insensitive, and pompous at the mentioning of the death of one of our own.

Go sit in a hut and wait for the RV. You've no business here.

• Upvote 1