Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Scientology ? ? ? Seriously ? ? ?

Teresa82

"So I guess I would ask you...even IF I could show you how the Bible was true, without a shadow of a doubt THEN would you believe?"

I guess I have not stated this plainly enough so let me do it now.

If I have a 100 piece puzzle and you pick up one of the pieces and say this is the truth I can't agree or disagree. It's part of the truth. Arguing about this one piece being The Truth is nonsense. That one piece I'm referring to is the Bible. It is not the whole truth it does not show the whole truth. As a part of the truth it can actually be deceptive just like when you tell partial truths to the people you know.

Now that does not mean that I don't love that one piece or that that piece is not helpful.

As far as you not trusting yourself and your thoughts I suggest that what ever it is you are looking for you have not found for if you have faith in yourself and your quest you will have discernment over your mind and your heart. That is not to say that it won't through up stuff that doesn't make sense because it will. The way you handle it is everything. If you tell yourself this is a crazy thought and I won't listen to myself then you have locked out the most important thing you have which is a connection to the divine (Jesus God or what have you.) Instead when you have a crazy thought ask God what it means then let it go. God will in his time show you all the things you ask for. Just like a muscle that will grow and you will get better and better at it.

Now as far as the proof you seem to need. Now one on this earth can give it to you. God will marry the things you know with his knowledge. That is how it is done. But the key to this is you have to have the information for him to build upon or it doesn't work.

This is the biggest mistake that I see Christians make. They are so worried about being tricked that they don't bother to learn as much about every religious and spiritual thing that they can. They sit in their corner rubbing their little piece of truth (the Bible.)

So to make that as plain as possible too I can't prove it to you only God can.

hmmm, I find your ideas of who Christians are is very sad, I'm sorry you feel that we have no brains, don't do any research of other religions........Hey probably can't even tie our own shoes......I guess we will just have to wear Velcro :lol: :lol: If I think about it, I even surprise myself that I can spell and understand the human language.hanya orang yang sangat bodoh menganggap hal-hal begitu mudah.............Seul le sot croit qu'ils connaissent quelqu'un juste par un titre qu'ils portent..........Tener una vida maravillosa

"God will marry the things you know with his knowledge. That is how it is done."

How do you know this???

• Upvote 1

hmmm, I find your ideas of who Christians are is very sad, I'm sorry you feel that we have no brains, don't do any research of other religions........Hey probably can't even tie our own shoes......I guess we will just have to wear Velcro :lol: :lol: If I think about it, I even surprise myself that I can spell and understand the human language.hanya orang yang sangat bodoh menganggap hal-hal begitu mudah.............Seul le sot croit qu'ils connaissent quelqu'un juste par un titre qu'ils portent..........Tener una vida maravillosa

"God will marry the things you know with his knowledge. That is how it is done."

How do you know this???

You have just mocked my attempt to help you (i'm sure you know what the Bible says about mocking.) Then you asked me how I know something.

I'm going to value you more then you have just valued me and tell you. Get a hold of this book The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy. Read it...then ask God to help you understand it.

Just a side note about asking God to help you understand things, it's a habit that I run every piece of information thru my spiritual network of beliefs with prayer and meditation. It's a shame that you see it as a belittlement for me to suggest you do the same.

We are thru. God bless and good luck.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I seldom weigh in on these types of posts. As it seems that which ever side you are on, your mind is pretty well made up. Plus many of you are my friends and I do not wish to impede upon your beliefs.

However, I feel that I must ask one rhetoric question to those on both sides of the issue:

Which is more important to you, your faith/belief or the truth? What ever that truth is? If you answer your faith then that's the end of the conversation. There is nothing more for us to discuss, except that I hope you are willing to coexist with me.

You see, I'm a Buddhist, which is not a religion (we have no deity) , it is a way of life. The Dalai Lama, my spiritual teacher, says this about Buddhism:

If science proves some belief of Buddhism wrong, then Buddhism will have to change. In my view, science and Buddhism share a search for the truth and for understanding reality. By learning from science about aspects of reality where its understanding may be more advanced, I believe that Buddhism enriches its own worldview.

http://www.dalailama.com/news.5.htm

As you can see, I am a seeker of truth and will journey down the path where ever it leads me.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Man, you guys are the biggest hypocrites. It's always your god is the only god. To me Scientology is just as believable as Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, or whoever your big guy in the sky is. I know I'm going to get bashed worse than okie, but the only truth out there is science. Until you show me hard evidence to the contrary, Darwin is correct. I believe when you die, they only way you live on is through your actions and the legacy you leave behind.

I have no problem with your personal beliefs, that is your choice. I do have a problem with anyone preaching and looking down their nose at other's beliefs.

I'm so tried of religion being dragged into 75% of the threads here. Let's give it a rest and just talk about the Dinar, Iraq, and investing. This will be the only time I will comment on religion. I won't even reply to anyone's comments or disdain for mine.

Rant over. Whew, I feel better.

PS don't tell me I'll be sorry when I'm in a lake of fire for eternity. I've made the most of my life and made other's better, and if I happen to be wrong, and your god sends me to cook based on my beliefs and not my actions then so be it.

Mustmoto - You prove your own point. Darwin was right.

I seldom weigh in on these types of posts. As it seems that which ever side you are on, your mind is pretty well made up. Plus many of you are my friends and I do not wish to impede upon your beliefs.

However, I feel that I must ask one rhetoric question to those on both sides of the issue:

Which is more important to you, your faith/belief or the truth? What ever that truth is? If you answer your faith then that's the end of the conversation. There is nothing more for us to discuss, except that I hope you are willing to coexist with me.

You see, I'm a Buddhist, which is not a religion (we have no deity) , it is a way of life. The Dalai Lama, my spiritual teacher, says this about Buddhism:

If science proves some belief of Buddhism wrong, then Buddhism will have to change. In my view, science and Buddhism share a search for the truth and for understanding reality. By learning from science about aspects of reality where its understanding may be more advanced, I believe that Buddhism enriches its own worldview.

http://www.dalailama.com/news.5.htm

As you can see, I am a seeker of truth and will journey down the path where ever it leads me.

truth.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1