Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq postponed a plan to restructure its financial system to 2013 (I Guess NO RV)???

rdb

What do u all think???

Iraq postponed a plan to restructure its financial system to 2013 أعلن مدير وحدة إدارة المشاريع مستشار البنك الدولي ماجد الصوري تأجيل خطة لإعادة هيكلة النظام المالي العراقي إلى عام 2013، بسبب التأخر في توقيع عقود وتأجيل رحلات مسؤولين أجانب إلى العراق بسبب مخاوف أمنية. The Director of the Project Management Unit, World Bank consultant Majid picture postponed a plan to restructure the financial system in Iraq to 2013, because of delays in signing contracts and foreign officials to postpone trips to Iraq because of security concerns.

وقال الصوري في تصريح لرويترز: كان مفترضاً إتمام الخطة بحلول تشرين الأول (أكتوبر) من العام الماضي، لكنها أرجئت إلى حزيران (يونيو) عام 2013، بسبب الأوضاع الأمنية في العراق، وتأخر إجراءات توقيع العقود من جانب البنك الدولي والحكومة العراقية. He said the picture in a statement to Reuters: He was supposed to complete the plan by October (October) of last year, but postponed to June (June) in 2013, because of the security situation in Iraq, and the delays in the signing of contracts by the World Bank and the Iraqi government.

بليون دولار وكلها لمصلحة الحكومة He pointed out that foreign and domestic debts owed by the Bank of Iraq $ 28 billion, while bank debt of up to one billion dollars of good and all for the benefit of the government

Iraq had decided in 2006, restructuring the banking sector to allow direct investment in banks and get rid of the heavy debt incurred major banks owned by the State, after decades of war and economic isolation. وتتمثل الأهداف الرئيسة للبرنامج بإعادة هيكلة أكبر مصرفين عراقيين مملوكين من الدولة، وهما الرشيد و الرافدين، إضافة الى دائرة الرقابة في البنك المركزي وتطوير القطاع المصرفي الخاص. The main objectives of the program re-structuring of the largest Iraqi banks owned by the State, namely, rational, and rivers, in addition to the Audit Department at the Central Bank and the development of the private banking sector.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Source

Edited by rdb
  • Upvote 2

This article doesn't have anything to do with the value of the money.

It has to do with the procedures and security of the banking system.

It is evident from the article that it is pertaining, mostly, to the procedures and security of the banking system; however, it is not inappropriate to assume that it could reasonably and sensibly affect the revaluation of their currency. In essence, their "ducks are not in a row" and they may be postponing it to solidify their plans for a financially stable Iraq; furthermore, it is unnecessary to -1 everyone who makes a statement pertaining to a revaluation instead of just simply making your statement directed toward us who have our own opinion on the matter. After all, sir, I respect your opinion and I hope you will be kind enough to afford me the same courtesy.

Edited by aferriss
  • Upvote 2

Ok I will be the fist...

Biggest smoke screen ever...

It should rv today..

How do I know this.. I will explain on Monday..

God bless us and the iraqi people...

is this sarcasm or are u for real?? i want to put my trust in your words... lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The country continues to crumble, the people are starving, and this will continue for two more years because of a "system." I don't think so. At that point, the Chinese would just invade and take the oil (just kidding).

Hello Lady Carrello,

I agree with your sentiments....except the China thing....LOL :P

In all honesty, like AudiS4 said, just because he changes the furniture in his home doesn't change the value which means just because they restructure the financial banking system doesn't take away its worth; however, I sincerely have my doubts. I mean, look at the track record of these people. They take vacations for their vacations and butter their own bread and now Maliki is trying to cover his buns and pass the buck because the people are beginning to demand and fight for what should be provided them. (Food, water, lights) <_< It does set off red flags in my head and I am skeptical. They are a war-torn country and have lived under a dictatorship for a few decades. It wouldn't surprise me if they came out with, "Surprise! We are just jacking up the numbers to get you to buy into us." I mean, isn't that what the Saudis have done?

As for a restructuring, at this point. it is immaterial. Necessary, but immaterial, at this moment in time. It is probably all smoke and mirrors like some have said. What the GOI needs to do is take care of their people, get their military in order, and get their financial world flowing. (Maybe then we can get our soldiers home and keep them here.) Until then, I don't trust them and I don't believe what they say. As the old saying goes, "I'll believe it when I see it."

Edited by aferriss
  • Upvote 1

This article is regarding the restructuring of the two main state owned banks.

This restructuring is a benchmark of the IMF loan ...I don't think it has a big impact on what we want.

World bank and IMF share leading of this part of the financial reform in Iraq.

In Feb 2010, they said they would get it done by June 2010, then in Oct 2010 Art IV consultation they said they would get it done by June 2011, now 2013. Not a biggie, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Remember, there are a lot of untruths out there in the news....purposeful untruths.

Finally, someone is thinking. Folks, there is so much BS being put out right now that not only can you not trust rumors, you can't trust the news either. Remember, Iraq controls the news out of there. Even if this is so, I have to agree that this amounts to around 2% of the budget and they can afford it. They probably won't even do it. After all, I'm sure none of you has ever known Iraq to change their minds about anything have you? If you need a little encouragement about now, go to the chat log section and read Adams chat from around 5:30 yesterday. If there is anyone on this board you can trust, I think it is Adam, and if you missed that chat ya better read it...NOW. It could brighten your day. It did mine. Now, where is Sonny1

Hello Lady Carrello,

I agree with your sentiments....except the China thing....LOL tongue.gif

In all honesty, like AudiS4 said, just because he changes the furniture in his home doesn't change the value which means just because they restructure the financial banking system doesn't take away its worth; however, I sincerely have my doubts. I mean, look at the track record of these people. They take vacations for their vacations and butter their own bread and now Maliki is trying to cover his buns and pass the buck because the people are beginning to demand and fight for what should be provided them. (Food, water, lights) dry.gif It does set off red flags in my head and I am skeptical. They are a war-torn country and have lived under a dictatorship for a few decades. It wouldn't surprise me if they came out with, "Surprise! We are just jacking up the numbers to get you to buy into us." I mean, isn't that what the Saudis have done?

As for a restructuring, at this point. it is immaterial. Necessary, but immaterial, at this moment in time. It is probably all smoke and mirrors like some have said. What the GOI needs to do is take care of their people, get their military in order, and get their financial world flowing. (Maybe then we can get our soldiers home and keep them here.) Until then, I don't trust them and I don't believe what they say. As the old saying goes, "I'll believe it when I see it."

Your last sentence, You may become a believer soon. Very soon. I hope so

• Upvote 1

It will get more and more confusing,with lots of contradicting information just before it happens.

this is the way Iraq diverts attention. It puts in the air that they don't have control, when their really doing it for a reason.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

GO RV / RI