Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bank of Baghdad closed early for training??

Booseman

I was headed to the Bank of Baghdad on the VBC (Victory Bas Complex) this morning. I was headed there to buy obviously, but as I approached the huge fence that they have around the building there was a little sign posted on the fence. It said, and I quote, "Closed 10:30 for Today only". They are normally open from 8:30 to 1:30, but today for some reason they closed 3 hours early. Someone outside said that they were conducting training and that is why they were closed. I am going to be so mad if this thing happens today or first thing tomorrow and I was not able to get my additional funds.

Try the military finance offices on your base. They limitted the sale of dinar to me when I was on T-1. As a civilian had to give my SS number and sign for it at the cage.The military sold a limitted amount of dinar to be used at the Hoggi shops on base. I want to say it was 350,000 dinar per day. Just remember, it is against the Status of Forces agreement to tranport your dinar out of the country. Be very careful. I have done it in Sept. The Iraqi screening at the airport is unpredicable.

In Texas, you can buy Iraqi Dinar (uncirculated) at any First Convenience Bank. I bought some at the bank located in a Food Store, told some of my clients about it and our local Walmart has the same bank inside. I told several of my clients, as well as my son and they went there to buy theirs. They have banking hours seven (7) days a week, so it really is 'convenient' to buy there. The last time I posted this, everyone laughed at me about buying dinar at a grocery store or Walmart, but believe me, its true. They sold the dinar for $26.00 per 25,000 dinar which is much cheaper than most of the online sites.The teller at our local Walmart was somewhat unsure about how to handle this, but his manager walked him thru it. The next day, with more clients making purchases, everything went smoothly. The only requirement is that you open an account at First Convenience Bank for $1.00. They say we will be able to cash them in at their bank when the RV happens. The Bank Mgr. said that they get their Dinar from a source in Ireland.

The net cost for buying is $1,040.00 per million dinar. When we cash them in, we were told that we could receive the funds in a Cashiers check or wire the funds to any bank we desire. I'm sure, of course, that they want us to deposit it into our First Convenience Bank account, but we can have it wired where ever we want.

I think I'm gonna have to head to Lubbock tomorrow! Hope every First Convenience carries dinar......guess I'll find out. Thanks for that, TaxLady!

Try the military finance offices on your base. They limitted the sale of dinar to me when I was on T-1. As a civilian had to give my SS number and sign for it at the cage.The military sold a limitted amount of dinar to be used at the Hoggi shops on base. I want to say it was 350,000 dinar per day. Just remember, it is against the Status of Forces agreement to tranport your dinar out of the country. Be very careful. I have done it in Sept. The Iraqi screening at the airport is unpredicable.

Some of the guys that I work have already tried the Military finance office and they will no longer let contractors buy Dinar. They say that it is no longer on our LOA's and we cant use them so that is why we have to use the bank. I will head there again this morning and see what is going on and ask a few questions. I would post pictures of the bank but I can not use phototboucket. If someone will let me email them then I will and you can post them for me.

Ok, I just got back from the bank and I have some photos of the bank and would like to post them. Is there someone that I can email them too?

I was able to talk to the Branch Manager and as we started to get into the conversation of the GOI and other "Intel" his dog gone cell rang and he had to take it. What I did get is that Maliki has already picked his person's for the Ministry of Security and the Ministry of the Army, they just have to be "confirmed?". When I asked about the reason they were closed early yesterday he stated that they were conducting "mainframe maintenance" take that as you will. He was real quick about saying that, as it was scripted. I am going to try and make a trip to the bank about once a week and talk to him and form a relationship and become a friend.

• Upvote 2

One big hing ok the bank had up closed signs but a person said it was for trainning it could have been for anything the bank does, I am like all of you I want to see the rv as soon as it comes, but remmember they would need to send out trainning vidiios to everyone else first so everyone know how to di it.

I hope your right abourt what kind of trianning but we will just have to wait an see even if it is rv trianning I would think in feb would be more liike it to give the time to be ready. and it makes sense because of what Adam said about them making vidios for trainning.

You spilling and twisting anything out of VIP perhaps? Just asking, honorably.

Peace Out

I do have to admit, that is the most paranoid I have ever been taking pictures over here. I can only imagine what it might have looked like. A person standing outside a bank in Iraq taking pictures.

You distract them, ill go in and grab the.... uh.. wait.. i mean.. yeah, those are GREAT picures boose! :lol:

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the pics Boos. Way to come through. Can you make them bigger though?

ps. don't worry, security probably didn't even notice you. :(

I dont know how using DV's gallery. I can not use photobucket but I would be willing to email to someone that would like to repost them.

You distract them, ill go in and grab the.... uh.. wait.. i mean.. yeah, those are GREAT picures boose! :lol:

LMAO!!

I was headed to the Bank of Baghdad on the VBC (Victory Bas Complex) this morning. I was headed there to buy obviously, but as I approached the huge fence that they have around the building there was a little sign posted on the fence. It said, and I quote, "Closed 10:30 for Today only". They are normally open from 8:30 to 1:30, but today for some reason they closed 3 hours early. Someone outside said that they were conducting training and that is why they were closed. I am going to be so mad if this thing happens today or first thing tomorrow and I was not able to get my additional funds.

I'VE BEEN IN THIS INVESTMENT GOING ON 8 YEARS AND DO YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY TIMES THAT BANK HAS BEEN CLOSED FOR TRAINING???? HECK I LOST COUNT........... :lol::lol:

I saw the pics early this morning when you posted them. I'm glad you were able to send those to us, thank you for that. I hope they eventually opened for you so that you could get your funds. Please keep us us posted if you get any new info... Thanks and be safe!

Are they bigger?

med_gallery_26139_133_102831.jpg

med_gallery_26139_133_150181.jpg

med_gallery_26139_133_27433.jpg

med_gallery_26139_133_298457.jpg

Yep they are