Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Budget Denied Again

VIZIOIRAQI

Kurdish lawmaker: Federal Government is required to seriously consider objections to the Kurdistan Alliance, the general budget

2011-01-17 08:06:56 2011-01-17 08:06:56

BAGHDAD (Iba) ... A member of the House of Representatives of the Alliance of Kurdistan forces Burhan Mohammed Faraj Our objections to many of the paragraphs of the general budget for the current legal and the federal government to deal seriously with these objections and accelerate change the objectionable paragraphs.

He said Faraj told the independent press (Iba) The objections of the Kurdish forces are concentrated on the issue of export of oil and the powers of the Minister of Finance and others have been re-balance to the government for amendment. Pointing to the existence of regional prime minister, Barham Saleh, in Baghdad to discuss this matter with the federal government.

Faraj explained that our observations on the budget and to demand the amendment of some paragraphs to be stricken by the benefit only to the Kurds, but for all the Iraqi people and especially Maitalq oil wealth and distribute revenues.

According to Articles 108 and 109 First of the Constitution that the oil and gas belongs to the Iraqi people in all the regions and governorates. With the federal government will administer oil and gas extracted from current fields in cooperation with the governments of producing regions and provinces, to be distributed and imports fairly commensurate with the demographic distribution all over the country , with the share of fixed-term of the affected regions, that were deprived in an unfair way by the former regime, which had been damaged after a way that ensures balanced development in different parts of the country.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.ipairaq.com/index.php&prev=hp&rurl=translate.google.co.uk

• Upvote 1

Not surprised but still disappointed. I have pushed my RV hopeful date out to the 2nd qtr. Seems like we find out more and more of what really has to happen for this to RV. Much more then I had originally read and understood. Whenever it does happen, we will all be very happy I think. :)

• Upvote 1

I personally don't feel the budget is the problem. The FULL, TOTAL, COMPLETE, ANNOUNCED government is the big key! JMO

I completely agree with you, but if they can't agree this budget, it only shows how little they can agree on who will fill the positions. This is just another delay in the process.

This is a quote from DOC and I beleave it to be true you can not beleave everything you read.

Our news hounds are the greatest ... this is no reflection on them ... just what there is to post. I've always believed that we need to assess the quality, quantity, origin (GOI news ... lol or real news ... oh, or Mohammed Salih "news" ... lol), and "volume" (if you will) of the news ... in other words is someone trying to force feed us what they want us to hear. If you grow accustomed to doing this you will be better prepared to "weigh" an article's importance in the grand scheme of this "hide and seek" puzzle before us. It will give you a sense of "taking their pulse" ... scientific ... no ... but I believe that it will serve you well.

Stay Thrsty my Friends

GO RV

• Upvote 2

No disrespect. The budget has nothing to do with it. Everyone last year and the year before kept saying that the budget had to be passed for the RV. Nothing in the new budget has anything to do with a new rate. So what are you people getting hung up on the budget for. Every year they pass a budget and there has been no RV when everyone was sitting and waiting. They can RV with or without a budget.

• Upvote 11

No disrespect. The budget has nothing to do with it. Everyone last year and the year before kept saying that the budget had to be passed for the RV. Nothing in the new budget has anything to do with a new rate. So what are you people getting hung up on the budget for. Every year they pass a budget and there has been no RV when everyone was sitting and waiting. They can RV with or without a budget.

Agreed. From what I've read. Shabibi's big requirement is the formal announcement of a fully seated operational GOI.

• Upvote 7

I agree. The Budget has nothing to do with the RV. I was under the impression that they had to RV because the budget was in the 93 trillion dinar rate and there was only 25 trillion dinars printed. But check the 2009, 2010 budgets as they are between 70 - 90 trillion each year. Appearently they made it work for the last few years without an RV so the budget can't be the trigger. Let's hope it is the completion of the GOI.

• Upvote 3

Ok...question (and don't mean to sound like a smart ass). Does ANYONE, ANYWHERE actually know ANYTHING that HAS to take place for RV to happen? Who announces or set's it in motion. How is this done? Through the Forex? Through the Iraqi banking system? Or does Malililkikiki just wake up one sunny morning and say, "today is a good day to RV."? I really like all the speculation, but simply stated, am tired of noone (except Doc!!) posting anything that makes sense. I now look at every post as a possible pusher and wonder what they can gain from it...sorry, my cynicism is showing...dry.gif

I think you are correct. This is opinion only. I wouldn't worry too much about this.

AND HERE WE GO AGAIN ?!!! BY THE TIME THEY FIGURE THIS OUT THEY BE AT WAR WITH EACH OTHER AGAIN TRYING TO KEEP THE FAITH BUT THEY REALLY MAKE U SCRATCHF YOUR HEAD MAKES U WONDER IF THEY REALLY WANT THIS?

Didn't we already discuss the fact that the RV really should happen prior to the budget, to make it true and without need of change? Didn't I read that somewhere? :rolleyes:

Its all good. We are there, just remember that poor Iraqi-an that has a food stamp card with only 250 IQD on it. Can't even get a stick of gum for that. HAS to RV! :D

• Upvote 1

Vizio, you know I respect your posts and views, but I think the title of this thread is misleading

These issues with the budget are the same as they have been with the Kurds, They are not happy with the percentages in regards to their region basically. The budget is still set to have second reading tomorrow and the objections made by the Kurds in the first reading are to be discussed. After the second reading the budget will be returned to committee for any adjustments that need to be done. The Kurds are threatening a lawsuit if the budget is not adjusted to meet their demands. we will see tomorrow if they get through the second reading and if the Kurds issues are addressed. If not, they could still be in committee after the second reading, and if not dealt with quickly could delay the third reading. Now, these issues could also delay the second reading, but it was reported from kurdish members that the issues would be discussed during the second reading, so for now I think that is what will happen.

does the budget matter for the RV? good question, Robo's opinion (which I myself agree with) is that there will be a rider bill or as I think of it a amendment to the budget after it passes to reflect the RV and apply it to the budget. Question is how long after will they wait to do it.

no matter what happens tomorrow, the earliest we could possibly see a vote on the budget is sometime next week. interestingly, the ministries outstanding are all to be presented to parliment in a basket to be approved in one day next week also.

Don't let one article get you discouraged, I think we are still on track for the second reading tomorrow. Let's wait and see what happens with that

• Upvote 2

Vizio, you know I respect your posts and views, but I think the title of this thread is misleading

These issues with the budget are the same as they have been with the Kurds, They are not happy with the percentages in regards to their region basically. The budget is still set to have second reading tomorrow and the objections made by the Kurds in the first reading are to be discussed. After the second reading the budget will be returned to committee for any adjustments that need to be done. The Kurds are threatening a lawsuit if the budget is not adjusted to meet their demands. we will see tomorrow if they get through the second reading and if the Kurds issues are addressed. If not, they could still be in committee after the second reading, and if not dealt with quickly could delay the third reading. Now, these issues could also delay the second reading, but it was reported from kurdish members that the issues would be discussed during the second reading, so for now I think that is what will happen.

NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE BUT PLEASE ADAM ”NO BUDGET NO RV ” EVERYBODY SEEMS TO HAVE THEIR OWN VEIW ON THIS AND HOW BOUT THE TRUE ANSWER ONCE AND 4 ALL PLEASE THX

does the budget matter for the RV? good question, Robo's opinion (which I myself agree with) is that there will be a rider bill or as I think of it a amendment to the budget after it passes to reflect the RV and apply it to the budget. Question is how long after will they wait to do it.

no matter what happens tomorrow, the earliest we could possibly see a vote on the budget is sometime next week. interestingly, the ministries outstanding are all to be presented to parliment in a basket to be approved in one day next week also.

Don't let one article get you discouraged, I think we are still on track for the second reading tomorrow. Let's wait and see what happens with that

I understand what your saying, but the Kurds reject the draft again. I have read all the Budget articles today and have seen that the Parliment won't be giving the Budget back to the Government for more changes. The Kurds want 17% and I'm sure they will get it , but Let's see what the Parliment does with this?wink.gif

• Upvote 1

Does the budget matter? I have been in this adventure only a year and half. For those out there with seven years experience....Did the budget play a part when the currency was revalued from 4000NID:1USD at any point up to the current value of 1170NID:1USD? Seems like the answer is simple. It has changed value several times already! What happened then, oldtimers? I can't seem to locate that information. What ever happened then could happen now. Anyone?