Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

setback?

nickv

Maliki expected to assign his remaining ministries next week

Sunday, January 9th 2011 10:08 AM

Baghdad, Jan. 9 (AKnews) – Iraq’s Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki is expected to call a special parliamentary meeting next week to vote on his cabinet’s remaining ministries.

Maliki’s government includes 42 ministries out of which 10 ministries have not been assigned due to lack of women candidates for the ministerial portfolios. Maliki said he wanted more women candidates therefore suspended the announcement of 10 ministries.

Among the ministries remaining unassigned, since Dec. 21, are the so-called security ministries (The defence, interior, and the national security ministries) that Maliki said he would take his time to make the best choices for those ministries due to their importance and sensitivity.

“The process of naming the remaining ministers in the government has reached a tipping point," said a member of the National Coalition (NC) led by Maliki, Abbas al-Bayati, "Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's cabinet will call next week on the presidency of the Council of Representatives (Iraqi Parliament) to vote on them."

But the security ministers will not be part of Maliki’s plan to be announced next week. Instead, they "Will be named at a later stage until a final agreement has been obtained."

The issue of the security ministries is not only about making right choices or women candidates; but a political issue.

Maliki’s bloc and the rival Sunni-backed list al-Iraqiya have been claiming those ministries and have not reached a final agreement about who will hold which of the three ministries.

Al-Iraqiya claims at least one ministry and Maliki’s bloc two, while the Kurds want to have a share in those ministries as well. This point of the Kurds is also supported by the al-Iraqiya list.

Arif tayfur, Iraq parliament speaker's second deputy - a Kurd, stressed Sunday that they have passed an official request to Mr Maliki through Rozh Nuri Shaways, Maliki deputy.

The Iraqi parliament is expected to resume sessions Sunday after 10 days of recess.

http://www.aknews.co...knews/4/208921/

• Upvote 1

Maliki expected to assign his remaining ministries next week

Sunday, January 9th 2011 10:08 AM

Baghdad, Jan. 9 (AKnews) – Iraq’s Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki is expected to call a special parliamentary meeting next week to vote on his cabinet’s remaining ministries.

Maliki’s government includes 42 ministries out of which 10 ministries have not been assigned due to lack of women candidates for the ministerial portfolios. Maliki said he wanted more women candidates therefore suspended the announcement of 10 ministries.

Among the ministries remaining unassigned, since Dec. 21, are the so-called security ministries (The defence, interior, and the national security ministries) that Maliki said he would take his time to make the best choices for those ministries due to their importance and sensitivity.

“The process of naming the remaining ministers in the government has reached a tipping point," said a member of the National Coalition (NC) led by Maliki, Abbas al-Bayati, "Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's cabinet will call next week on the presidency of the Council of Representatives (Iraqi Parliament) to vote on them."

But the security ministers will not be part of Maliki’s plan to be announced next week. Instead, they "Will be named at a later stage until a final agreement has been obtained."

The issue of the security ministries is not only about making right choices or women candidates; but a political issue.

Maliki’s bloc and the rival Sunni-backed list al-Iraqiya have been claiming those ministries and have not reached a final agreement about who will hold which of the three ministries.

Al-Iraqiya claims at least one ministry and Maliki’s bloc two, while the Kurds want to have a share in those ministries as well. This point of the Kurds is also supported by the al-Iraqiya list.

Arif tayfur, Iraq parliament speaker's second deputy - a Kurd, stressed Sunday that they have passed an official request to Mr Maliki through Rozh Nuri Shaways, Maliki deputy.

The Iraqi parliament is expected to resume sessions Sunday after 10 days of recess.

Thank you nickv for the post. But I must ask, a "setback" in regards to what or who?

A setback according to who's time frame?

Much has been accomplished for sure, much has yet to be accomplished. I see in your post

good news! Matters continue to move forward, many obstacles being removed, not according to anyones time frame but Iraq.

Just the way it is supposed to be :) This is good news, and only a setback to those who attempt

to set dates, rates and times which cannot be done, only speculated about.

Thanks for the info :) Good to see work continues and to see the steps continue in order to

see this put together.

All my best!

Jim

---

• Upvote 1

Whatever happened to this guy having 30days to get it all together????? Well until they have an OFFICIAL GOI there will be NO RV/RI GO IRAQ GO RV/RI

They never had a 30day deadline to get it all together. That was BS posted by the pumpers. It was never actually proven to be true.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Thank you for the post, I see this as SOP for Iraq, tomorrow you are likely to see articles stating it's done. Just how they work. I am a link freak, so in the future could you please provide a link to your posting, this also helps give your post validation. Thanks again.

Bummer....It appears that we'll have to wait for a little longer. They want to get it right... Those Kurds want that Ministry of Defense, so I would image that it will take some time to establish some expectations with them on their decision making process.....It is all good, so be patient.....It WILL come!

GO RV! :rolleyes: AND GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Edited by cplinedrive
  • Upvote 1

Listen, NOTHING will move forward on the money UNTIL the gov. is in place -- all of it.

Stop the dates and rates until the gov. / cab. / ministries are announced to the World.

Come on, if it happens at all, without some form of security (checks & balances) it would be completely insane to RI/RV.

Corruption has been the way of life for may years. It doesn't change overnight, certain things need to change from the inside out.

I do believe it will happen, but NO-ONE, i MEAN NO-ONE will knows when. Don't listen to those who say it is going to happen @#$%^&*(*&^%$#.

Watch national news concerning the gov. being offically in place -- all of it.

I am not someone who is in the KNOW. Just trying to be logical and balanced about it all.

There is always the chance that some are laughing all the way to the bank as 1,000's jump at every date/rate.

• Upvote 2

Jim, setback in terms of how "supposedly" everything was supposed to be official by Monday, according to the pumpers. Just waned to get this out to show that things are still being talked through, nothing close to official.

But yes, great progress.

link: http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/208921/

Hi nickv :)

You said: "supposedly" everything was supposed to be official by Monday, according to the pumpers."

Indeed my friend. You hit it on the nose. Well done. :D

Thanks again for the post and the message it brings, and what it clears up. ;)

Have a good day!

Jim

---

I feel like I am watching those old Charles Schultz snoopy cartoons, where the teacher is talking to the stundents.....wha wha wha...whawhawhawha...wha wha wha......YADA YADA YADA YADA.....just wait for your text messages folks.

Oh by the way...don't promote other sites is down..web connection prolbems. :)

It's all good. Plan on cashin in tomorrow ........arent you EXCITED???!!!!

Iraqi's talk about next week could also mean this week to us. They use the term next litterally, and i believe this issue is to be discussed this week.

Correct. To them, "next Monday" means the actual next monday to occur. Which for us would be tomorrow.

Bummer....It appears that we'll have to wait for a little longer. They want to get it right... Those Kurds want that Ministry of Defense, so I would image that it will take some time to establish some expectations with them on their decision making process.....It is all good, so be patient.....It WILL come!

GO RV! :rolleyes: AND GO SEAHAWKS!!!

In a way I can understand why the Kurds want the Ministry of Defense. Wasn't it their people that were being gassed by Saddam and his flunkies? I know if it were mine, I'd have an agenda to fulfill. (Complete with soldiers to defend my people.) I think Iraq has come a long way and I still think they need to go a little further, especially with the dumbnut al-Sadr running around, but if you look it shouldn't be too long before they need their own currency. I'm with you....I'll be patient, pray about it, and it will eventually come.

B):D

Edited by aferriss