Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction 12 31 2010

Doc31

Okay Doc, you're holding back! What about the GCC, CMXX, or whatever? Ambassadors, diplomats, etc., are all pouring in Iraq? Why? It's gonna blow wide open, that's why. Okay my spell check isn't working. Anyways, how about that question the fellow had about "are you going to still post the auction report after RV? Come on, really? Let me ask for those curious? Are they selling, (auctions), Dinar? I know the answer, but please enlighten the newbies and oldies once more about "what" they are buying and selling at auctions everyday. Include why you think dealers are able to get their hands on Dinar. That's No.7, nuff said! God bless!!

• Upvote 2

Okay Doc, you're holding back! What about the GCC, CMXX, or whatever? Ambassadors, diplomats, etc., are all pouring in Iraq? Why? It's gonna blow wide open, that's why. Okay my spell check isn't working. Anyways, how about that question the fellow had about "are you going to still post the auction report after RV? Come on, really? Let me ask for those curious? Are they selling, (auctions), Dinar? I know the answer, but please enlighten the newbies and oldies once more about "what" they are buying and selling at auctions everyday. Include why you think dealers are able to get their hands on Dinar. That's No.7, nuff said! God bless!!

Sorry BamBam ... I covered it weeks ago but folks can go to my profile, click "find topics", and go backwards in the posts ... it's all in there ... but I've been writing about this for what 10 - 11 weeks ... I just don't have the time.

BamBam I like your "unanswered questions" ... folks keep going!

Oh, the guy who asked "am I going to post after RI/RV" question is a long-time friend who lives a few miles from me ... my best guess is two fold ... 1) he is being funny (because he knows that I won't) and 2) the post had fallen low on the "what's new" list and he bumped it back up so folks could find it (I'm guessing but pretty sure ... he's a good friend).

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 2

No, it's Friday in Iraq there is no auction ... just a longer than expected commentary. Caffeine deficient ... and rushed ... proceed with caution!

Once again, I want to thank the men and women of the armed forces who selflessly defend our nation and afford us the rights and priveleges that I so dearly cherish. To you and your families I say "Thank YOU" for another year of those precious things ... be safe, be happy, and be prosperous in this New Year.

Peace

Doc31

PS ... here's the CBI site info http://sitetrail.com/cbi.iq[/b][/size]

Doc31, I must say that of all the posters I tend to read on this site, yours is the one I consistently rely on for a non-biased and level headed approach to the entire subject of IQD.

Thank you very much for the time and effort you put into this thing and thank you for consistency.

May the New Year bring you much peace and blessing.

That blessing is extended by proxy to everyone reading this post. Thanks all...

• Upvote 2

Thanks Doc! I have been extremely busy withend of year issues at work and home. I rest easy knowing guys like you (that I trust) are watching and can keep me informed until I can get some research time back. Hope I can return the favor some day.Thanks to you and all the others for the info.

Happy New Year!

Thanks Doc as always for the great work. Your post is the first one I read every day. :tiphat:

Regarding the CBI website, I had a hosting company in the past. Although not nearly as much fun as the speculation there very well could be an innocent 'non-RV' related cause of the error.

For example:

The bandwidth error could have been legitimate and my guess is that is probably was (the graph could have been wrong or on a delay.)

Although it's true that the website owner has to pay for more bandwidth if he's over the limit, that can be tricky depending on the host being used and the amount of bandwidth required. For example, the hosting provider cbi uses is likely not an end provider. That host likely bought bandwidth from another company who bought it from another company and so forth. There could be 4 or 5 companies it goes through before it gets to him. In other words, he may have a limit to his bandwidth and may need to get more from up the line which may have limits and so forth. As someone mentioned earlier, there is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth regardless of what companies advertise.

The site could be on a virtual server with other web sites (likely) and depending on how the server was set up the huge mass of traffic to the cbi's website could have caused server instability. There may not have been load balancing set up on that server so that the server could handle masses of people descending on it at once. In most cases of servers set up with a bunch of small static websites like cbi's website is, there is no need for load balancing.

The bandwidth error page is likely automatically set as the default page by the web host when there is an error related to too many people accessing the server. Although someone set up that page initially when the server was set up it can appear automatically when a certain website's resources are maxxed out or getting close to causing server instability. In other words, every time they exceed bandwidth or cause the server to get to dangerous overload levels, the offending site is automatically 'paused' and an error message posted. Someone doesn't manually have to go in and post the page saying bandwidth has been exceeded.

The webmaster was probably alerted that there was a problem with the website and when he went to look at the site just changed the copyright date when he was in there. That is something most webmasters do when the year changes for all of the websites they control so while he was in there could have just changed it over. That is just routine maintenance that most webmasters do. That is not something the cbi would tell him to do as most website owners don't even think about things like that. In other words, I wouldn't read too much into the fact the copyright date changed but the auction info wasn't updated.

These are just a few of the possible explanations for what we are seeing on the website. While I would LOVE to think it was something related to the RV -- as I am beyond ready for the RV to happen -- from being around websites and severs for so long I think the website issues we have seen are just normal happenings and not RV related.

• Upvote 1