Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

My cousin in iraq

keepdreaming

maybe this is a noob question but why would iraqi citizens celebrate cause of the RV?? how would this benefit them?? please dont bash me just askin

The simple answer is that suddenly their bank accounts are a lot fatter. . . .

they want an RV as much as us and for the same reason - just like you are waiting for your dinar to rise in value so are they.

• Upvote 3

I just got an email from my cousin in Iraq. He is in the marine Corp and told me they were put on stand by due to Iraqi people celebrating. I'm wondering if this could be because of the govt forming post saddam or the rv just happened.

[/quote

]They are probably being put on alert because of alQeuda threats to disrupt Christian Christmas "celebrations" its all over the news how some celbrations were canceled due to threats

• Upvote 2

Ok, currently I am sitting in my hooch on camp liberty. I've been here for awhile. I've not seen a single marine yet. where is your marine in iraq? Just wondering??? I was just wondering the other day, where are all the marines. I thought they just sent them to Afghanistan or something. Just curious.

• Upvote 1

I just got an email from my cousin in Iraq. He is in the marine Corp and told me they were put on stand by due to Iraqi people celebrating. I'm wondering if this could be because of the govt forming post saddam or the rv just happened.

Keepdreaming? Keepdreaming. =)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I was green and just got to Iraq. I was sitting on duty and the premature lit up with small arms fire. I run outside and all i see is tracer fire .WTF.........................

I run to the phone and call OPS . What the hell is going on ? Iraq just won the Gold medal in the West Asian Games. ( 2005 )

I'm honesty wait for guns fire when the RV happens. I can see, understand the military being on alert.

maybe this is a noob question but why would iraqi citizens celebrate cause of the RV?? how would this benefit them?? please dont bash me just askin

That's actually a good question. When the dollar gains ground against foreign currencies you don't see Americans celebrating, do you? We see no effect until we travel to other countries and exchange dollars for their currencies. The immediate impact on most Iraqis will be minimal. Where the RV will have the most impact is with Iraqi businesses that have contracts with businesses from other countries. In the first few years following the RV Iraq's economy will undoubtedly boom like few economies that we've ever witnessed. But for now I doubt Iraqis will be celebrating an RV if the RV is even in the works.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Technically all marines have left Iraq, Now that is not to say there are some still in country. Marines are known as "combat troops" which all of us know there are no "combat troops in country. That is not to say there are not marines in country playing support roles, intel roles or any other assist roles to the Army, Navy, AirForce, CIA, DIA, FBI, DEA, ATF, I think you get the picture. I have a select few marines where I am so, I hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

Well everyone that is in Iraq right now need to look at the stars and stripes from 3 days ago, it states in their that in northern Iraq they cancelled Christmas celebrations because of threats and warned the people not to put up Christmas Decorations because of attacks. Read all your info people that is in country before you said anything its nothing to do with the RV at this time its all bout christians celebrating Christmas.

My take on this is that they will celebrate because their buying power just increased. It's not as if they had 25K dinars they will have more dinars. It is just that these dinars will have exponentially higher buying power. And I do believe that they will see an immediate impact. If a bread loaf used to cost 5,000 dinars it won't stay at this price post RV/RI. It may drop to 5 dinars instead or less. Think about it.

Just my opinion.

REPLY:I've noticed a LOT of newbies posting in many different forums and not responding ONCE to a question about their rumor. I think they are "Drive By" posters....or pumpers.

SOME NEWBIES MAY BE NEW TO THIS SITE BUT NOT TO IRAQ HAVE YOU EVER THOGUHT ABOUT THAT? IF YOU WAS SMART AND THINK ABOUT IT WE ARE IN A ALL Muslim COUNTRY THAT DOES NOT LIKE CHRISTIANS SO I WOULDNT THINK THEY WOULD LIKE THEM CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS HERE THATS JUST MY THOUGHTS I GUESS I THINK BEFORE I SPEAK TRY DOING THE SAME