Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WILL IT HAPPEN IN 2011 0R NOW

LCNLP

2011!!!!!

Gotta give it to Keep ....... he is ALWAYS consistent ........ and he knows WHY he thinks what he thinks!

I for one appreciate your contributions, and always consider your input. You MAY be the one who is right!!

But I Hope Not! :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gotta give it to Keep ....... he is ALWAYS consistent ........ and he knows WHY he thinks what he thinks!

I for one appreciate your contributions, and always consider your input. You MAY be the one who is right!!

:lol: I hope I am wrong too!! I want this just as bad as everyone else......got a big move coming up after Jan and that money would def come in handy!!! Just cant see EVERYTHING being done within a week or so when it took them 8-9 months just to figure out who is going to run the country!!! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Not quite he thought as many did that it (RV) would happen in October and was pretty adament about it. He prooved to be human,and I applaud him for sticking his neck out then accepting the consequences...................................................................GO RV 2010 BABY!!!!!!!

I'm no trade expert, but I don't think is true. The USD is the world's reserve currency. That means all international trade is settled in dollars. When Iraq sells oil, that oil is priced in and traded for dollars, not dinars. So, in effect, their currency is useless in international trade, regardless of the value. Their currency is useful for transactions within Iraq only (or any other contracts that have been specifically negotiated in dinar). I'm sure the Iraq gov't wants to have a stable and currency so they can attract investment to their country. But they don't need to revalue for that. If they can simply keep a lid on inflation, their currency will be stable and they will attract investment. An exchange ratio of 1170 to 1 doesn't mean the currency is worthless. It just means it takes more single units of 1 currency to buy 1 unit of another currency. In theory, we could do that here. We could price everything in cents instead of dollars. If your grocery bill was priced in cents, it would take many more cents to buy the same amount of food but you would cost you the exact same amount. Does that make sense? (No pun intended) :)

Everybody assumes that an immediate, sudden revaluation has to take place. I'm not so sure. If their gov't is confident about their prospects and stability, they may simply be telling us they expect their currency to revalue steadily over time. It's hard to know. I certainly hope no one is losing sleep waiting for this event that may or may not occur.

Couldn't have stated it better myself. I want this RV so bad I can taste it, like everyone here. ;) But there are so many rumors, so little verifiable fact. The RV will happen, it has to in my opinion and almost everyone else, but I am not so certain as some that it will immediately RV at over .5 or 1.0. As long as Iraq produces black gold, settled in US$, they will have money to pay debts and drive on with reconstruction. The IRQ still is stable and they've held inflation in check inside Iraq, so the local economy will hopefully remain stable as well as it has for some time now. Maybe some economist could explain how an RV at over $2US might impact the internal Iraq economy, let alone the world economy?

Cheers my friends, and here's to a fruitful investment. I hope sincerely it does RV higher than $1, but I'm in it for the long haul. I just realized I bought my first Dinar in Oct '08,... though it was Oct '09??? So I am still a newbie compared with many here. But if the long-timers can wrestle through the ups and downs, I guess I can too! :D

Oh yeah, +1 to you Networth! :D

Edited by BadCobra
  • Upvote 1

Couldn't have stated it better myself. I want this RV so bad I can taste it, like everyone here. ;) But there are so many rumors, so little verifiable fact. The RV will happen, it has to in my opinion and almost everyone else, but I am not so certain as some that it will immediately RV at over .5 or 1.0. As long as Iraq produces black gold, settled in US$, they will have money to pay debts and drive on with reconstruction. The IRQ still is stable and they've held inflation in check inside Iraq, so the local economy will hopefully remain stable as well as it has for some time now. Maybe some economist could explain how an RV at over $2US might impact the internal Iraq economy, let alone the world economy?

Cheers my friends, and here's to a fruitful investment. I hope sincerely it does RV higher than $1, but I'm in it for the long haul. I just realized I bought my first Dinar in Oct '08,... though it was Oct '09??? So I am still a newbie compared with many here. But if the long-timers can wrestle through the ups and downs, I guess I can too! :D

Oh yeah, +1 to you Networth! :D

+1 back at you. Thanks for the kind comments. I'm not trying to be a downer. I know everyone WANTS a high RV (including me) and WANTS it now but that is meaningless. The question I repeatedly ask myself is: "Regardless of what people say and what I want, does it make sense to Iraq?". If it does, they will do it. Unfortunately, I haven't found the answer. I'm no expert in fractional banking and macroeconomics and I don't understand the Arab culture. However, I learned a lot in this process (which is still extremely valuable, regardless of what happens with the dinar) and believe there is a 50% chance that the dinar does not RV at all. That doesn't mean it won't happen. It just means it would not surprise me if no RV occurs at all. It would disappoint me, but not surprise me. I appreciate how easy it is to get excited about the recent developments, but I hope people can temper their expectations.

The Iraq Government has just had a huge triumph. It has taken 9 months to get here. I think they will take some time to transition the new cabinet into place and get settled in their offices. They could use a breather for a week or two to get their bearings and get all their ducks in a row before they RV their currency. All that said, things are in place and Shabbs could pull the trigger any day now! We'll see. . .

• Upvote 1

huh.gifblink.gifohmy.gifbiggrin.gif Love all opinionzzz :) When i first bought Dinar i was lookin *in my mind* 10 yr 2 see return. Like all i hope we RV ASAP but def no need 2 stress, lookz better now more tha ever...

If I had that answer I would not be sitting here on this or any site , now would I ..........

huh.gifblink.gifohmy.gifbiggrin.gif Love all opinionzzz :) When i first bought Dinar i was lookin *in my mind* 10 yr 2 see return. Like all i hope we RV ASAP but def no need 2 stress, lookz better now more tha ever...

If I had that answer I would not be sitting here on this or any site , now would I ..........