Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

China doing an rv

The Original Spike

Just talked to my mother. She asked have I heard anything about the dinar yet. I said just more speculations at this point, but we're close. She asked had I read the paper yet. I said no. She said there is an article about China talking about rv-ing their currency to make things better for the people and that no one is making them do this. I'm having to work off my phone, but the article is in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette. Last minute dealings because why? Any theories here?

• Upvote 1

i know you put this in the rumour section therfore dont need a link but could you have a look if you could locate one because i just looked on there website and dont see this story anywhere.

all that aside thanks for the post :)

You bet, I will go get my coffee and find it for you. If mom told me about it, it has to be in there somewhere.

Just talked to my mother. She asked have I heard anything about the dinar yet. I said just more speculations at this point, but we're close. She asked had I read the paper yet. I said no. She said there is an article about China talking about rv-ing their currency to make things better for the people and that no one is making them do this. I'm having to work off my phone, but the article is in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette. Last minute dealings because why? Any theories here?

I searched the Arkansas Gazette, but couldn't find the article you're talking about.

Sunday Dec.19th, 2010 section 1A. It's a side blurd that I believe my mother is referring to. Jon Huntsman, the American ambassador to China said on public televisions Charlie Rose show that the Chinese are letting their currency appreciate because it's in the country's "immediate interest," not just because of pressure from the U.S. and Europe.

Sunday Dec.19th, 2010 section 1A. It's a side blurd that I believe my mother is referring to. Jon Huntsman, the American ambassador to China said on public televisions Charlie Rose show that the Chinese are letting their currency appreciate because it's in the country's "immediate interest," not just because of pressure from the U.S. and Europe.

Well this is what she was referring to I believe.

China has controlled the value of the Chinese Yen for a long time. Causing the Yen to be undervalued has allowed a great advantage to Chinese Business causing them to have an unfair trade advantage. This has hurt USA Business and is a major contributor to the large export/import trade imbalance between the USA and China. The US govt. has been putting political pressure on Beijing to allow a free-floating currency. Beijing will not allow a free-float but has agreed to a managed-float of approximately 10% per year so as not to 'hurt' Chinese Business. I have not read the link posted above by UPGRADEABLE, but my suspicion is that most if not all of what I am referring to will be in that link. I do not have any links to back up what I am saying, but I follow the NEW YORK TIMES and the WASHINGTON POST, so this information is probably buried in their archives.

If this is the case, I am thinking the Chinese Yen may be a relatively safe 10% a year currency investment....jm

Sunday Dec.19th, 2010 section 1A. It's a side blurd that I believe my mother is referring to. (Jon Huntsman, the American ambassador to China said on public televisions Charlie Rose show that the Chinese are letting their currency appreciate because it's in the country's "immediate interest," not just because of pressure from the U.S. and Europe.)

Just passing this info, that (is) in the paper on... Is it relevant? That is for you guys to decide.... B)