Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

It's DONE!!! lift sanctions off Iraq!!!

legacyman73

They are extending the protection of the DFI (development fund for iraq) until june 2011, this is a good thing. protects iraq from claims on there money being held for development for six more months.It will help to give iraq time for thier gov to settle in and possibly move ahead on other fronts (RV ?).

Now don't hesitate to let me know if I have this wrong...but, Ok, as I was listening, I came to understand that June 30th the sanctions on the oil and gas, food for oil, and their weapons is the date for final release. But there wasn't anything saying the ISX can't go International, and the purchasing in the ForEx can still happen with a 6 month option, driving it up. But Iraq has to release it to the ForEx. <_< The speaker for Iraq indicates that they are CLOSE, VERY CLOSE to seating the GOI. And haven't we said all along that the seating of the GOI was the ONLY thing holding the RV up? I read that Thursday is a Holiday in Iraq, another one. :mellow: So we know no RV for tomorrow. And today it is already about 9pm there, so don't see it happening today. Don't think it will be June either. But, never the less, this has been a historic day. One to remember! One step closer! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Now don't hesitate to let me know if I have this wrong...but, Ok, as I was listening, I came to understand that June 30th the sanctions on the oil and gas, food for oil, and their weapons is the date for final release. But there wasn't anything saying the ISX can't go International, and the purchasing in the ForEx can still happen with a 6 month option, driving it up. But Iraq has to release it to the ForEx. <_< The speaker for Iraq indicates that they are CLOSE, VERY CLOSE to seating the GOI. And haven't we said all along that the seating of the GOI was the ONLY thing holding the RV up? I read that Thursday is a Holiday in Iraq, another one. :mellow: So we know no RV for tomorrow. And today it is already about 9pm there, so don't see it happening today. Don't think it will be June either. But, never the less, this has been a historic day. One to remember! One step closer! :lol:

Iraq's Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said Wednesday's meeting of the Security Council was "a historic session" since it ends an international embargo imposed on Iraq because of the wars started by Saddam's regime.

Edited by DmsC
  • Upvote 1

The Iraq-Kuwait Meeting scheduled for December 17th will take place in the afternoon and is a closed door session. WE MIGHT SEE AN RV THIS WEEKEND? DON'T GO OUT AND BUY ANYMORE BECAUSE I'M NOT TELLING YOU IT'S GOING TO RV THIS WEEKEND, IT MIGHT. GO RV!!!

Edited by legacyman73
  • Upvote 3

From what I just read the DFI was terminated....food for oil was terminated....and the trade embargo......unless that news site is completely retarded and made it all up :lol:

That article was incorrect about the DFI. The DFI was extended until 6/30/2011. Everything else was accurate.

That article was incorrect about the DFI. The DFI was extended until 6/30/2011. Everything else was accurate.

Thanks for clearing that up.....well the major sanctions have been lifted and they can freely trade with anyone now which is what we needed for the dinar to be open for all currency markets....the meeting on the 17th should wrap things up with Kuwait and everyone should be happy.....now to just wait for the govt to be officially announced and we can tell the operator to bring this ride to a stop!!

• Upvote 5

Thanks for clearing that up.....well the major sanctions have been lifted and they can freely trade with anyone now which is what we needed for the dinar to be open for all currency markets....the meeting on the 17th should wrap things up with Kuwait and everyone should be happy.....now to just wait for the govt to be officially announced and we can tell the operator to bring this ride to a stop!!

Correct!!! Listen, in my opinion...everthing is done. They are going through the formalities right now. If Iraq can import and export goods, then how can they do this without an RV?

This is just one example....I could go on and on!!!!!!

RV will come like a thief in the night!!! Trust me! No warnings what so ever..

ALL CHAPTER 7 SANCTIONS LIFTED. You gotta hand it to the GOI, they got it done all on the basis of A TOILET PAPER CURRENCY. I believe they will be dancing in the streets tonight.....thumbing their noses at all of us who wait for an RV.

3 Restrictions were lifted, not ALL

Hasn't it been discussed on here by Sonny1, Scooter, Phoenix or one of those most logical1 s that bfore the Rv is to be announced they would need to closed the banks for 3 days to do a final inventory and then re-open for business. Well we have one of those 3 days coming up : this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. for one of their legal holidays or religious celebrations. So this could deffinately be the weekend that the Rv. could occur. Plus the final meetings of the UNSC will be over by the end of the 17th and any other sanctions could well be lifted in the next couple of days.

Correct me if i am wrong.

• Upvote 3

Hasn't it been discussed on here by Sonny1, Scooter, Phoenix or one of those most logical1 s that bfore the Rv is to be announced they would need to closed the banks for 3 days to do a final inventory and then re-open for business. Well we have one of those 3 days coming up : this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. for one of their legal holidays or religious celebrations. So this could deffinately be the weekend that the Rv. could occur. Plus the final meetings of the UNSC will be over by the end of the 17th and any other sanctions could well be lifted in the next couple of days.

Correct me if i am wrong.

The Iraq-Kuwait Meeting scheduled for December 17th will take place in the afternoon and is a closed door session. WE MIGHT SEE AN RV THIS WEEKEND? DON'T GO OUT AND BUY ANYMORE BECAUSE I'M NOT TELLING YOU IT'S GOING TO RV THIS WEEKEND, IT MIGHT. GO RV!!!

Edited by legacyman73

Thanks keepm, I was wondering how it effected the IQD. Let's keep our fingers crossed.