Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Interestig news article

uncs

Cant believe that this has not been posted. I will try and copy the link, however I am on my iPhone an not the best but here is the article.

Maliki, Biden discuss efforts to relief Iraq from International sanctions

11/12/2010 14:54:00

Baghdad (NINA) –The Premier Nouri al-Maliki discussed with the US Vice-President Joe Biden, in a phone call, mutual efforts to enable Iraq restore its international position.

The US Embassy in Baghdad published a statement issued by the White House that cited “Biden discussed with Maliki, in a phone call, the UN Security Council over Iraq scheduled on December 15 to be headed by Biden.”

The statement quoted Biden as saying “The aim of the UNSC meeting is to recognize the progress achieved in Iraq as well as the possible means to continue support of the UNSC members to Iraqi government and people.”

“Biden discussed with Maliki mutual efforts to relief Iraq from the international sanctions imposed by applying the 7th Chapter of the UN Charter,” according to the statement, which added, “Both sides also discussed the security situation and progress achieved in relation to forming the Iraqi government.” /End

Sounds like Biden putting in abcall to Maliki to say, "on Wednesday were on the same page right!". You want chapter 7 lifted, well I want government formed!

• Upvote 3

Cant believe that this has not been posted. I will try and copy the link, however I am on my iPhone an not the best but here is the article.

Maliki, Biden discuss efforts to relief Iraq from International sanctions

11/12/2010 14:54:00

Baghdad (NINA) –The Premier Nouri al-Maliki discussed with the US Vice-President Joe Biden, in a phone call, mutual efforts to enable Iraq restore its international position.

The US Embassy in Baghdad published a statement issued by the White House that cited “Biden discussed with Maliki, in a phone call, the UN Security Council over Iraq scheduled on December 15 to be headed by Biden.”

The statement quoted Biden as saying “The aim of the UNSC meeting is to recognize the progress achieved in Iraq as well as the possible means to continue support of the UNSC members to Iraqi government and people.”

“Biden discussed with Maliki mutual efforts to relief Iraq from the international sanctions imposed by applying the 7th Chapter of the UN Charter,” according to the statement, which added, “Both sides also discussed the security situation and progress achieved in relation to forming the Iraqi government.” /End

Sounds like Biden putting in abcall to Maliki to say, "on Wednesday were on the same page right!". You want chapter 7 lifted, well I want government formed!

Before someone asks him for a link... hey he's on an iphone, not an EVO! :P here's the link http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FEJMMK

Edited by Thor363
  • Upvote 3

Sounding like Biden is giving him the heads up that there will be more conditions before Chapter 7 will be lifted. :(

Where are you reading anything from above that makes you think that? Am I missing something, sounds to me like they are all set and Biden was just reaching out to him to make sure that they are on the same page. I don't think Biden wants any surprises on Wednesday.

• Upvote 1

Where are you reading anything from above that makes you think that? Am I missing something, sounds to me like they are all set and Biden was just reaching out to him to make sure that they are on the same page. I don't think Biden wants any surprises on Wednesday.

Based on above article, plus the fact that GOI hasn't been announced/formalized. And statements that there will be discussion on the 15th, not just a vote. If there is to be a vote only, I can believe that all YESes have been lined up, but if there is to be a scheduled discussion, there must be some dissent. I can't believe UNSC will release Chapter 7 without all i's dotted and t's crossed.

Just my thought process....

• Upvote 1

IMHO,

This sounds as though VP Biden is making sure that all of the stars in the GOI are in alignment. My take is that the UNSC will meet and vote on Chapter 7 for GOI. PM al-Maliki knows what is required to lift Chap 7, however may not have everything in order. This, to me, sounds like the two minute warning. HERE GOES!!!!

• Upvote 1

I get the impression , as some have stated , that the reason for VP Bidens call was to say " Look Maliki , don't screw me on this! I'm sticking my neck way out here , so don't get your panties in a bunch about anything and just get this done !" I get the feeling that our government wants to wash their hands of all things Iraq, as quickly as humanly possible (and that's just my opinion ,mind you.) Hopefully by this coming weekend we will have a better view of where we stand at the cliffs edge ... :lol: . Until then, Happy Holidays all !

Uncle Barkie :)

• Upvote 1

IMHO,

This sounds as though VP Biden is making sure that all of the stars in the GOI are in alignment. My take is that the UNSC will meet and vote on Chapter 7 for GOI. PM al-Maliki knows what is required to lift Chap 7, however may not have everything in order. This, to me, sounds like the two minute warning. HERE GOES!!!!

That makes sense! And here's an anglicized version of the article: http://www.presstv.ir/detail/155114.html

This Iraqi syntax is killing me!!

Edited by Upgradable

I get the impression , as some have stated , that the reason for VP Bidens call was to say " Look Maliki , don't screw me on this! I'm sticking my neck way out here , so don't get your panties in a bunch about anything and just get this done !" I get the feeling that our government wants to wash their hands of all things Iraq, as quickly as humanly possible (and that's just my opinion ,mind you.) Hopefully by this coming weekend we will have a better view of where we stand at the cliffs edge ... :lol: . Until then, Happy Holidays all !

Uncle Barkie :)

Our government can never be able to wash their hands of anything Iraqi! We are a part of that area of the world for as long as you and I will live. Just like Germany, Japan, Korea, need I say more. It is in the "best interests" to always be there. It sounds horrible, but I think it is a fact. JMO