Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fire Works in Baghdad

gympool

Im a contract fire fighter on base in Baghdad. I walked outside and saw fire works going off around 730pm. I wasnt sure if they were on base or not. It looked to me like they were off base. Dont know if it has anything to do with the GOI, but i just thought it was something out of the ordinary.

• Upvote 3

Im a contract fire fighter on base in Baghdad. I walked outside and saw fire works going off around 730pm. I wasnt sure if they were on base or not. It looked to me like they were off base. Dont know if it has anything to do with the GOI, but i just thought it was something out of the ordinary.

I saw the same thing going to get something to eat. It surprised me, definitely out of the ordinary.

When I came out later there was a lot of talking over a loud speaker. It was off in the distance. Not the prayer stuff.

When did Eid finish?

Was there alot of fireworks? Or just the 'neighborhood' addition.

It wasn't as grand as some of the fourth of july's I've been a part of but it was decent size and it went on for a while.

I had a crazy thought they might sneak a round in or something...hehehe :lol:

Are you sure they weren't scud missiles going off like they used to?

It might have been cheaper and maybe they had some duds laying around... can you imagine how much fire works would run you if you were buying a "shows worth" PRE RV...

Yeah we spent $1 billion on that fire works show....

...I know it sounds expensive....

I think that would be awesome to see a fire works show put on for the people though - I think that would be cool! Kind of like the 4th for us!

- Fresh :P

Probably a going away party for Alowi! :rolleyes:

The people of Iraq must enjoy fireworks alot better than in the past with Saddam shooting up in the air and raining lead.

Or maybe a war reenactment

• Upvote 1

I would say.........................

YEP! Celebrating the GOI, almost done and created by the democratic process there.

YEP! Practice run for the proposed HOLIDAY OF NOVEMBER 25th. FOR THEM to celebrate!! THURSDAY NOV 25!! THURSDAY!!

I'm hopeful there will be LOTS of financial freedom and HUUUGE RELIEFS coming up!!

Any excuse to celebrate life, hopes, future prosperity in their lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIREWORKS ROCK!!!

GO RV!

:P