Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Price of Gold after the RV

Qman

I have been wondering what the price of Gold will be after the RV.

At first I thought it would go up because of supply and demand, more people with a lot more money to spend therefore more demand and a higher price.

But then I talked to some people that are a lot smarter than me and they seem to think it will go down because the price of Gold is based on the value of he dollar. So after the RV the value of he dollar will go up and the price of Gold will go down.

What say you?

If you think it will go up what do you think it will go to??

If you think it will go down what do you think it will go to?

• Upvote 1

We have talked about this and feel that it will go down. I am hoping to around $800-$990 an ounch. I feel there is going to be a window until this starts to go back up and that window is how the US government handles their protion on the RV. If they pay the debt and make the dollar strong then this will happen. If they spent like drunken sailors as they have then that will weaken the dollar and it will go back up. Just my thoughts....

• Upvote 2

We have talked about this and feel that it will go down. I am hoping to around $800-$990 an ounch. I feel there is going to be a window until this starts to go back up and that window is how the US government handles their protion on the RV. If they pay the debt and make the dollar strong then this will happen. If they spent like drunken sailors as they have then that will weaken the dollar and it will go back up. Just my thoughts....

After the spending of Carter, gold went up just like it is doing now but once Regan got our finances back on track gold dropped and stayed down for the next 15+ years. Gold is a risky investment with little return unless you are able to buy low and sell high but this may take 20 years and only return you 100%. You can do better than that with almost any investment. I invest in land and land has never let me down.

• Upvote 1

Many of you are making good points, but please remember gold is not tied ONLY to the dollar, so global economies have a big part on the spot. India, China, Russia, etc have VERY large reserves of gold. If one of those countries started a rumor they were selling off, you would see gold drop $100+ easily.

Many of you are making good points, but please remember gold is not tied ONLY to the dollar, so global economies have a big part on the spot. India, China, Russia, etc have VERY large reserves of gold. If one of those countries started a rumor they were selling off, you would see gold drop $100+ easily.

I commented on this point this morning at:

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40197-cbi-currency-auction-1192010/page__pid__254473__st__0entry254473

you might be surprised ...

• Upvote 1

Gold is not a dollar play. And gold is not an American play. Gold is a hard asset in limited supply in the earth, and it gets more and more expensive to get it out of the ground each year because the "easy" gold is gone, all over the globe. Though gold has been a hot topic for speculative investment for the last couple of years, two facts remain, and will remain true in the years ahead. Most gold in the earth is still purchased by central banks around the planet, and there is more gold being purchased than is being taken out of the ground. At the same time, understand that though the world lives on "fiat" paper currencies that aren't technically backed by gold or anything else, still all developed nations have a large portion of the amount of paper money which they actually have in circulation, backed by the gold in their central banks. The glaring exceptions to this are China and India. China is fast becoming the largest economy in the world, and they have a huge appetite for stockpiliing hard assets, though on a comparative basis they own very little. They are buying hundreds of tons of gold every year now and many other developing nations will follow suit in the future. The demand for gold is going nowhere but up, long term. The relative value of paper money around the globe is going nowhere but down in the long term, just as the supply of paper money goes nowhere but up. Based on simple supply and demand economics, the price of gold is going nowhere but up in the future. We are more likely to see $7,000 dollar per ounce gold than we are to see $700 per ounce gold in the next 20 years. No, it will not go straight up. Nothing does. And the RV should cause a noticeable temporary dip in the market price. I sure hope so. That's when I intend to load up. But don't be afraid of gold. It's got plenty of room to run, and plenty of time to do it! As always, JMO! :D

Edited by rjboots1
  • Upvote 2

At first I thought it would go up because of supply and demand, more people with a lot more money to spend therefore more demand and a higher price.

But then I talked to some people that are a lot smarter than me and they seem to think it will go down because the price of Gold is based on the value of he dollar. So after the RV the value of he dollar will go up and the price of Gold will go down.

What say you?

I think the Fed's "quantitative easing" (read printing more money) will drive the price of gold up to over $1,500/oz. Bullion coins are most affected by gold price volatility, whereas numismatics (especially those prior to 1933 and silver prior to 1934) benefit from their gold content as well as their collector's value. Also, others I have spoken with indicate that the autumn usually drives gold prices up since it is commonly given as a gift in many eastern countries (e.g., China, India, etc.) and due to Christmas shopping season. I expect that Gold might plateau in 2011 and then move up or down, depending on how much damage from BO the new Congress can control.

• Upvote 1

This is a very interesting Topic and one that probably has several different answers or truths to it... but without all the information available and not available to us it's impossible to extract what would really happen.

It has been mentioned that if the US Treasury is holding a trillion dinar that our deficit could be paid down creating a stronger dollar... You'd think the price of gold would then devalue a bit. Who knows... It seems many currencies have been following a down trend. So if the USD gets stronger over night because of a strong RV, that does not necessarily mean other currencies will follow suit unless of course their Gov't's were heavily invested in the Dinar as well.

But then again if the Federal Reserve is the one holding a trillion dinar and not the US Treasury... it would have no effect on our national deficit.

Right now Gold is at a price that does not seem sustainable to me...

Too many companies hyping Gold right now... these guys are making a bundle! My thoughts are that people are going to throw all their money in Gold and only to see their Gold diminish in value.

JMHO... I have no background in economics or the history of gold's ups and downs.. just using my own sound logic... maybe I need to get that check'd... just my two cents

• 1 month later...

After the spending of Carter, gold went up just like it is doing now but once Regan got our finances back on track gold dropped and stayed down for the next 15+ years. Gold is a risky investment with little return unless you are able to buy low and sell high but this may take 20 years and only return you 100%. You can do better than that with almost any investment. I invest in land and land has never let me down.

You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about. Gold has gone from $251oz in 1999 to over $1400 in 2010. That's up 5.6 times. Beating the stock market and land values tremendously. Silver did even better. Gold/silver has been the safest investment bar none for over a decade. Why do you think many well known fund managers are invested in gold/silver and Central Banks around the world are buying not selling. Even that freak Soros' largest position is in gold.

Now will gold drop after an rv. I believe it will because it should strengthen the dollar. Ultimately it will depend on whether our debt can be paid off or if it drowns us. If our debt continues in it's current path ultimately gold/silver will continue to rise.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I understand where everyone is deriving their thinking on the inverse position of Gold to the RV of the Dinar. I am going to make the assumption that the RV will not have an effect on the price of Gold for at least 2 years. All Gov'ts have agreed to hold their IQD for 2 years and with the Mad man at the helm of the Federal Reserve printing more money than ever, the Treasuries will go down until ~ Oct / Nov and then the interest rates will go up and so will the price of gold and silver. The next week, 07Jan11 to 14Jan11 the price will decrease and then watch the price of Gold and Silver continue its climb over 1400 again... I hope it drops to ~ $700 an oz but I really don't see that happening any time soon... but who am I... just my opinion based on the information I read and understand.

• Upvote 1

What say you?

Im hoping it goes down to 400 or 500, if it does I will buys some for the next collapse and it should triple in value, another investment. sweet

From what I've read, the price of gold will not be stable.

Supply and demand will drive it up while the new millionaires invest.

Then it will go down as demand dwindles.

There are huge gold reserves around the world.

Gold is not the rare commodity it used to be.

Silver is a much better investment than gold.

Silver is undervalued right now, but it will also go up with the new investors.

It should, however, hold it's new value much better than gold.

Precious metals may not be the best investments for our new-found wealth.

Wait and watch the investments that Adam has up-his-sleeve.

What he has for us will likely be much more advantageous than we might think.

Just be wise and don't rush into investments that can be damaging.

Remember, when you are multiplying by a million, even small +'s and -'s, can be very significant.

From what I've read, the price of gold will not be stable.

Supply and demand will drive it up while the new millionaires invest.

Then it will go down as demand dwindles.

There are huge gold reserves around the world.

Gold is not the rare commodity it used to be.

Silver is a much better investment than gold.

Silver is undervalued right now, but it will also go up with the new investors.

It should, however, hold it's new value much better than gold.

Precious metals may not be the best investments for our new-found wealth.

Wait and watch the investments that Adam has up-his-sleeve.

What he has for us will likely be much more advantageous than we might think.

Just be wise and don't rush into investments that can be damaging.

Remember, when you are multiplying by a million, even small +'s and -'s, can be very significant.

How's about backing up your dubious assertions?

And come on, Adam hasn't been proven correct on the IQD yet, so why would anyone want to take him seriously yet, instead of considering an real investment in precious metals, which continue to go up in value despite periodic corrections? Pick one - gold, silver, platinum, palladium - and tell me that it's not worth investing in when it experiences a temporary drop in value. Same for oil.