Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

email from B0A

I sent an email to BOA asking them if they plan on buying or selling the Iraqi Dinar in the near furure, below is what they said.

Dear Hal xxxxxx,

Thank you for your inquiry.

There are no plans to offer retail exchange services in Iraqi currency.

Sincerely,

Julie

bankofamerica.com/foreigncurrency

Edited by Munsch
removed last name
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I sent an email to BOA asking them if they plan on buying or selling the Iraqi Dinar in the near furure, below is what they said.

Dear Hal xxxxxxxx

Sincerely,

Julie

Do you have a screen shot of the actual message?

• Upvote 1

I received the basic same message from BoA via email, about 3 months ago. Last month I physically walked into the bank in Charlotte, NC. At that time I was told they would not do any transactions concerning the Iraq dinar, but when it was available on their board of exchange currency they would be glad to have me come in and talk with them about it. Basic conversation. I asked several questions, such as bank fees, there will be no bank fee if you are a customer, there will be a spread, but until it is on their board they would not know what that would be. I would not worry, once the Dinar is an exchangeable currency, all you will need to do is shop for the best rate.

Edited by dflake

Dear Hal xxxxxxxxx,

Sincerely,

Julie

I hate to inform the person at Bank of America this, but Chase (JP Morgan) uses Bank of America as their foreign exchange clearing bank. I was assured (by VP of Investments at my branch) that when this happens there will be no delays or problems. Hope this helps. God Bless you all and stay safe and be patient.

• Upvote 2

Do you have a screen shot of the actual message?

This is the exact message that I received when I telephoned BOA foreign currency center last month.

Everyone said, do worry they will cash them when the time comes. What a pain all this conspiracy to keep things under wraps has become. Everyone must know that there is a Bank of America in Iraq surely they will be doing exchanges. I seem to remember reading somewhere some time ago that there is or was a BOA in Baghad.

I posted this elsewhere on DV and didn't get blasted to pieces so I decided to post it here as well ... it is third party heresay but I've met this banker (don't know him well) and won't call him ... however, if I am near his bank (more than 20 miles away) in the future I intend to stop off and quiz him ... until then, take it for what it is ... third party heresay from a trusted friend ...

I don't know anything about Wachovia/Wells Fargo except that in small Texas towns they are clueless "experts"! (No, I'll not tell the story ... total ignorance)

I've been reluctant to post this, but it seems appropriate in this thread (page 2) ... I have an older friend (84) with IQD who has been discussing Dinar with his bank president at 5th/3rd for close to a year. He is bent on cashing it in with 5/3 because the pres. has convinced him that he will have the best rate.

Regardless, he went in about 10 days ago and asked the pres. what he'd heard ... the pres. told him that "5/3 had notified them to expect the IQD to RI/RV soon and to expect it to come in over $3 and to just be patient."

My friend sped home to call me ... now, I can't speak as to the character of the 5/3 pres. but I can tell you that my friend is sharp and would NEVER lie to me (I've known him nearly 20 years).

I know it is third party "heresay" ... and it's why I've been reluctant to post it ... but with all the news about currency adjustments, zero cash days, super high gold and oil, and the like ... it just seems like you can smell that "perfect storm" brewing ... maybe it's still a ways off ... maybe not.

Don't shoot the messenger ... if I didn't believe this guy you'd have never heard about it.

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 8

This is the exact message that I received when I telephoned BOA foreign currency center last month.

Everyone said, do worry they will cash them when the time comes. What a pain all this conspiracy to keep things under wraps has become. Everyone must know that there is a Bank of America in Iraq surely they will be doing exchanges. I seem to remember reading somewhere some time ago that there is or was a BOA in Baghad.

The only reason I asked was because the BofA I went to said the dinar would not RV and to stay away. :blink:

CarrieAnne however says that her Investment Group has a deal with BofA and she will be posting the info for the BofA they have a deal with on the forums soon.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, simply put, not all of the branches are kept in the loop like other bigger branches around large metropolitan cities.

Trust me, once this RV's every cotton-pickin' bank known to man will want your business. You will be suprised how many will offer their services for us....

The only reason I asked was because the BofA I went to said the dinar would not RV and to stay away. blink.gif

CarrieAnne however says that her Investment Group has a deal with BofA and she will be posting the info for the BofA they have a deal with on the forums soon.

Thank you. I will watch for the post for this is very good news.

I posted this elsewhere on DV and didn't get blasted to pieces so I decided to post it here as well ... it is third party heresay but I've met this banker (don't know him well) and won't call him ... however, if I am near his bank (more than 20 miles away) in the future I intend to stop off and quiz him ... until then, take it for what it is ... third party heresay from a trusted friend ...

Doc - When did you get this info from your friend - just this week, or is this email info older? Just trying to get a better handle on the time-line. Thanks for sharing! :D

May I say one thing......... You're the man DOC!! You bring hope to the hopeless!!

Know Moral Eyes

P.S. Haven't caught your auction updates since Tuesday. Are we still on "zero cash days?"

Dear Hal xxxxxxxxx,

Sincerely,

Julie

BOA in Rhode Island told me the same thing :angry:

After reading this I went and talked to BB&T and was told they accept it now buy and sale if i were to sale it would be .0010....... to the dollar essentially what I paid any amount over 1000.00 there was a 30.00 fee anything under was a 10.00 fee.

We assume that because they are banks, they know what they are talking about. Most bank employees only know what they are told and repeat the same tasks over and over. Most workers at TD have no idea that the bank they work at sells all forms or currency. I have only one manager I will deal with, the rest are clueless. They got their 9.00 an hour job and they are happy. They are not always financial guru's. In fact most people have know idea what you are talking about when you say Dinar nor do they care!

Edited by Officer151

It's funny how one of the biggest, if not the biggest bank in the country will say this. Maybe they "do" know, but are instructed not to say anything as of yet? It's also funny how I've hear the smaller banks on the east coast,5/3rds and a few others(forgot their names) offer IQD, yet BofA dosn't :blink: . I wonder how long it will take them to get up and running once this thing happens? This is why I say maybe they are already in the know....

I received the basic same message from BoA via email, about 3 months ago. Last month I physically walked into the bank in Charlotte, NC. At that time I was told they would not do any transactions concerning the Iraq dinar, but when it was available on their board of exchange currency they would be glad to have me come in and talk with them about it. Basic conversation. I asked several questions, such as bank fees, there will be no bank fee if you are a customer, there will be a spread, but until it is on their board they would not know what that would be. I would not worry, once the Dinar is an exchangeable currency, all you will need to do is shop for the best rate.

I can confirm this as well. I went to BOA a couple of months ago and asked these same questions. They will handle the Iraq Dinar once it is on their board and be handled as all other foreign currency exchanges are.

I can confirm this as well. I went to BOA a couple of months ago and asked these same questions. They will handle the Iraq Dinar once it is on their board and be handled as all other foreign currency exchanges are.

So then I am assuming they will not be using, or already have the delarue?

After reading this I went and talked to BB&T and was told they accept it now buy and sale if i were to sale it would be .0010....... to the dollar essentially what I paid any amount over 1000.00 there was a 30.00 fee anything under was a 10.00 fee.

Okay, it is interesting that you posted this. I bought my dinar from several sources and BB&T was one of them. However, at the time when my wife bought it, I was not with her, so I did not get the chance to ask them how much it would be if I wanted to sell it. I will call them locally here in Richmond to double check to see if they are charging the same rate.

Also...a user here who lives in South Carolina has already received an agreement with BofA to sell their dinar. Apparently, this user and several others have purchased a boatload and have agreed to collectively sell their dinar to them for a discounted rate. So it seems it is all location dependent as to whether or not a bank actually knows what is going on or not.

Right now..no one has come close Ali's rate...but that may change as we get closer to the RV....

Perfect timing for this post, as I just sent a message toSonny1. After his chat the other evening discussing he had locked in with WF after talking to BofA, I decided to visit with my local BofA branch and start getting some of my "ducks in a row". It is a smaller branch, and she said actually someone else recently had asked, but no, they did not handle it was a terrorist and prohibited country. I prodded her some more w/ questions, so she called the main bank in Wichita and talked to the currency manager, who emphatically told her no, they did not now, nor would they ever handle dinar because of it's terrorist association, (and yes, I did mention when that was lifted, etc...) and went on to say that everything we were reading on the computer was a fraud.

Slightly discouraged, but not beaten, I come back home and find this thread. So, I would greatly appreciate anyone in a larger area that has a BofA that they have talked to, and acknowledged the cash in ability, if you would share that branch so I can get confirmation and share it with my little backwoods state, I would appreciate it!

Doc - When did you get this info from your friend - just this week, or is this email info older? Just trying to get a better handle on the time-line. Thanks for sharing! biggrin.gif

The first of last week ... 10 days or less.

Haven't caught your auction updates since Tuesday. Are we still on "zero cash days?"

21 consecutive "zero cash" days ... here's the link: http://dinarvets.com..._1entry248376

Perfect timing for this post, as I just sent a message toSonny1. After his chat the other evening discussing he had locked in with WF after talking to BofA, I decided to visit with my local BofA branch and start getting some of my "ducks in a row". It is a smaller branch, and she said actually someone else recently had asked, but no, they did not handle it was a terrorist and prohibited country. I prodded her some more w/ questions, so she called the main bank in Wichita and talked to the currency manager, who emphatically told her no, they did not now, nor would they ever handle dinar because of it's terrorist association, (and yes, I did mention when that was lifted, etc...) and went on to say that everything we were reading on the computer was a fraud.

Slightly discouraged, but not beaten, I come back home and find this thread. So, I would greatly appreciate anyone in a larger area that has a BofA that they have talked to, and acknowledged the cash in ability, if you would share that branch so I can get confirmation and share it with my little backwoods state, I would appreciate it!

You know what, even IF BofA ends up not exchanging IQD(which they will post rv), just go to any other bank that will. Maybe you won't have an account with them and may have to either open up one OR pay a bank fee, SO WHAT? The spread is the biggest amount of coin that will be paid, and even so....with the millions being made, what's 20k or 30k?

Oh, and when I went into my BofA one of the last times to buy IQD, I asked her about it and she didn't say they would never exchange it. They just did not now. And when I asked her would they ever, she just had a curious look on her face. It will happen in the end, not to worry.

Oops, didn't mean to say I bought IQD there, I did a wire transfer to buy it :rolleyes: , whoops, sorry :lol:

Edited by hspotman

Please, don't get discouraged. There are and will be countless options when this RV's. Beleive me and you, your local banks are gonna want your business..trust me! You have to realize that not every branch is in the know and flat out don't know what they are talking about let alone what this investment is all about. People on this forum will give you options as this draws closer to reality.

Hey, why would the bank employee want us common people to get rich?? They are probably in hopes that we loose the whole investment. Most banks are full of arrogant, holier than thou employees. They probably are not as smart as the average customer they service through their daily routine. JMO

Dear Hal xxxxxxxxx,

Sincerely,

Julie

This is NOT new news. BofA has been maintaining this position on the dinar for many months. After the RV they will change their position. They are not about to miss out on the great rush to exchange dinar for dollars. Their effective spread, however, will be another matter.