Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No Quorum - No Parliament Session ... And so it goes ...

SteveI

No Quorum - No Parliament Session ... And so it goes ...

Note: This is why nothing is accomplished in Iraq. It is not the PM who is at fault. It is the parliament who (if the show up) discuss and pass the laws who are at fault.

No+quorum.jpg

November 2, 2010

Failure to convene a meeting of the Parliament not to return after 40 deputies went to the pilgrimage of Hajj and Umrah

Draws approximately (40) Vice Arakiealy Mecca to perform Hajj after they caught their full salaries for several months for the session (17 minutes) amputated, which led to the impossibility of the parliamentary session on Monday.

The Federal Court has recently ordered the resumption of meetings of the Iraqi parliament, and parliament speaker said Fuad Masum, the older he expected to set a date for the convening of parliament within days.

In the absence of politicians to reach agreement on forming a government so far, and travel (40) of them to perform the Hajj and several others to other countries, the parliament session was held during the coming period, not after the return of parliamentarians from the Hajj and Umrah.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://alcauther.com/html/modules.php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D16004&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnahrain%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Dbh9%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1

Maybe it worked for them for thousands of years...when they had nothing better to do than stargaze and keep an eye on the sheep. Guess one learned the art of smalltalk to fine detail. We will most likely have these problems until some of the young folks that can remember US troops in a better light begin to grow up and take control, another 20 years. These old goats still think like the Ottomans. Ick!:angry:

Those Iraqi politicians are worthless!! I wish they could read this thread.......

You know I think God has a sense of humor....I mean he chose these people to be blessed with an immense amount of oil....and then we have to work with them?? Maaan....their incompetence is incredible!! The leaders of that country can only think of themselves, they don't care about their people. They have no love for their people.

I mean I have to reach into the conspiracy bag to come up with reasons for why this is happening....LOL!! :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the info Steve, even if it is very frustrating. Maybe they should hold another election...at first I was against it but with the way they do things it might be a more logical and faster way at seating the government...which is scary in itself. GO USA!!!! GO RV in 2010!!!

Edited by lechesuerte

IS THIS TRULY AN ARTICLE FROM TODAY???? HOW DO WE GO FROM AN ARTICLE YESTERDAY SAYING THEY'LL MEET TWICE A DAY UNTIL ITS DONE TO NO ONE SHOWING UP?!?! I truly hope that this confirms the rumors that they're just waiting on our election to announce everything. I hope they're all watching our news and that they announce something great tomorrow. Otherwise, this is beyond ridiculous and truly a shame. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: