Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DT out of 10k and 5k Denoms?????

BIRDDOG

I have been watching things and noticed that Ali has been very careful to update "as of" dates for rates. Yesterday I noticed that the 25k was the only denom being offered by DT so I called and was told that they were waiting for a shipment coming in today. Lo and behold the denoms being offered today did not change. After calling today I was told that they were still waiting on the shipment which was coming from the CBI into LAX and it would either be in later today or monday, but either way it would not be available till monday. I asked about the statement on their website "all currency is in country" and was told that they order everything from the CBI and is shipped from the CBI. I'm new to this site but it seems that Ali might need lower denoms to make change, and with the amount of business that they do.... Run out of currency???? Maybe confirms the boarders being closed????

GO RV!!!!

If there were to be an RV this weekend it would seem that Ali would need to have some change making ability for the chance that some would want to cash in a portion of their dinar in hopes of an increase(upward float). I believe Ali has significant "connections" to know what is coming down the "pike".

For Iraq to show a video of the specifics surrounding their currency, and not revalue in short order, the people of Iraq suffering may have something to say about it. Just my thoughts as a newb... :)

• Upvote 2

Not sure on the boarders but, if an RV were planned it would stand to reason that Iraq would want to keep as much Dinar/information in the country. There have been rumors of "gag orders", "blocked cell transmissions" and this seemed to possibly confirm these reports. Iraq seems to be going to extreme measures to be in control to possibly deter speculative purchase of dinar.... Just seems to fit. Like I said before I'm just a newb. :)

• Upvote 1

Dont think so.... sorry... they are just out till Monday dont get to excited...

Yeah, that sounds logical... Just like going to a local bank and being told they are out of 5's and 10's even DT is more comparable to a main branch due to the volume of business they have done for a few years

Easy does it BirdDog ... that is a lot of suppositions piled on top of an assumption. Why don't we kick back a bit and see how that plays out.

Additionally, why is that folks seem to think that DT is going to be making change (smaller denoms)?

Ali said that he would have enough VND and gold available at the time you'd cash-in but what he is doing is exchanging it for USD either by wire transfer (to your bank) or ledger (balance) transfer if you are using one of the banks that he suggests.

As far as I know Ali never agreed to provide lower denoms ... if I'm wrong ... please direct me to a link. It simply doesn't make sense.

For instance, the average DV speculator/investor/wildcatter/(fill in the blank here) has a reported 2M IQD (depends on who you ask). Lets just say it comes out at the $.10 that Adam is predicting (don't start with me or bash me I don't agree either but it works for the scenario). I decide that it's going North of $3 within the year or so ... the problem is that the CBI has called the big bills by Jan 1, 2011. Ok ... I decide to cash in 500K of IQD to ease my economic pain leaving me 1.5M IQD. I go to DT at the location of my choice ... ledger transfer to my account and ask for 1.5M IQD exchange for my large denoms to small denoms ... preferrably 250 or 500 dinars. I come in with 80 bills and cash in 20 ... now I want the remainder of 60 bills exchanged into 250 (6000 bills) or 500 dinar notes (3000 bills).

Now we know that 10K IQD notes cost more than 25K notes and 5K cost more than that and 1K cost more than that ... reportedly because they take up more space on the jet and are more cumbersome to handle ... yadah, yadah, yadah. Can u imagine what 250's or 500's would cost you? Exactly. Besides, DT is estimating very minimal time face to face with you ... how do you think that this scenario will play out. Precisely ... It won't. Everyone says what a smart businessman Ali is ... this does not fit into that paradigm plus imagine the added security, vault, etc. necessary for your convenience.

The logistics just don't pass the "smell test" unless you are going to pay for a service with a big "upcharge".

• Upvote 4

Hey there Doc,

I respect what you do greatly and have been watching closely your evals on the auctions. Thanks for hittin the shock button on my collar, I tend to get a little excited even when the comerans come flyin thinkin they're ducks... For a guy like me who is not a 2m+ holder it seems beneficial to be able to cash in a smaller amount to be able to cover my shells and waders while watching for the larger mallards to dump in. And to me it seemed odd that DT is not on top of their inventory or delivery times. I'm just a young pup but I know exactly what time the light turns green to retrieve or be in the truck for the hunt. :)

Looks like its back to sniffin for that waskally RV scent for me.

What would "closed borders" mean to us?

"closed borders" is a signal to me that the RV opens at (example) 1 dinar/1 dollar, then in my opinion, is way too low in value for the dinar. I would immediately buy another load of dinar and wait for the value of the dinar to rise then cash in and become extremely rich. Now if everyone that owns dinar was to do the same thing, wow, could you just imagine where Iraq's economy would go....yeah, in the dirt and guess what would happen to the value of their currency, the same thing. So the "closed borders" would prevent that and a few others things I can think but won't go there.

wink.gif Cheers Larry!

You can still get the 5K notes right now, Dinar Trade 5K notes, it does look like they are still out of the 10K notes

Hey Joe,

I noticed that, between 6am west coast time and now they must have had the 5k's show up..... Eddie from Iron Maiden must be flyin the 10's over as we speak :)

I'm sure none of this means anything in the grand scheme of things, just thought this morning that it was interesting and people might want to know. Back to the duck pond..... GO DUCKS! THIS JUST IN.... Tail marks sighted... Heading towards UCLA....hee hee hee

Is there any difference what so ever in having 25000 notes compared to holding 5k or 10k notes? Sorry for such a dumb question I am new and just purchased these and got 25k notes. I heard that they want to remove the three 0's from the 25000 only making them 25 dollars. Will this mean I lose by holding 25,000? I am sorry just very confused. Thanks

Is there any difference what so ever in having 25000 notes compared to holding 5k or 10k notes? Sorry for such a dumb question I am new and just purchased these and got 25k notes. I heard that they want to remove the three 0's from the 25000 only making them 25 dollars. Will this mean I lose by holding 25,000? I am sorry just very confused. Thanks

Absolutely NOTHING to worry about at all. Getting smaller denomination like 10,000 and 5,000 Dinar is just a preference or a small order that doesn't total 25,000 dinar. You have nothing to worry about. Now, if you are wondering about the dropping or "lop" of the 3 zero's, search for LOP in the search field above right and you will get more than you can possibly read in a lifetime. :D

No

The only difference would be you might get charged more to buy the 5k and 10k notes.(more notes equals more weight equals more shipping)

i say relax....if it happens, it happens....

Exactly quad. This is what I tell everyone all the time. Reading into every little thing and searching for a " possible RV " within that only leads to migraines and the only people who get rich off of that is Motrin, Excedrin and Tylenol.

"closed borders" is a signal to me that the RV opens at (example) 1 dinar/1 dollar, then in my opinion, is way too low in value for the dinar. I would immediately buy another load of dinar and wait for the value of the dinar to rise then cash in and become extremely rich. Now if everyone that owns dinar was to do the same thing, wow, could you just imagine where Iraq's economy would go....yeah, in the dirt and guess what would happen to the value of their currency, the same thing. So the "closed borders" would prevent that and a few others things I can think but won't go there.

wink.gif Cheers Larry!

Ok, thanks for your thoughts on that. Any time you have more to offer, I'd encourage you to "spill the beans" friend. I'm all ears. Now those who are calling the "inquisitive"...SILLY and such. Why would you take the time out of your day, to hurt someone's feelings. Can't you get your point across in a kinder way? I just don't get it. Now, if you are frustrated and impatient, I certainly get that. I get that way all the time...so All is GOOD right?

Does anyone know, or has it ever even been confirmed that Dinartrade or anyone else will be able to exchange or provide the smaller denominations; like the 50's, 250's & 500's....post RV, so that folks could wait for a higher value, as per cashing in if this thing were to come in low...or for any other reason to have these smaller bills?.....And I wonder about the costs associated with the lower denominations even later on, as we know right now they are very expensive due to the number of notes and the costly shipping for the bulk of these as well....I've just been wondering if these things will even be around in any abundance Post RV, for us to be able to obtain like some have stated?...Because if they make these available, it would sort of defeat the plan or purpose of getting all the notes pulled back in, or so one would think?....Any thoughts or ideas?....I would think that they will be hard to obtain...IMO....

Another thing to mention, many have stated that you could simply open a dinar denominated account or forex account, and let the value rise with the dinars, and your only applicable to taxes upon any withdrawals into US Dollars...this may be easier and/or safer than handling smaller denominations...or if they are'nt available?

Come on gang......use your heads. What it means is that the Dealers are selling a "CRAPLOAD" of dinars to desperate people who are buying based on all of these stupid unfounded rumors, and they're running out as fast as they can get them in. You can be sure that they'll have plenty more next week.....as always, and will be more than happy to take your money and provide excellent service.

• Upvote 2

It would seem to me that if a person could obtain the smaller denomination bills (50, 250, 500 and 1k) and hold them until the IQD is openly traded on the market that it would be simple to exchange them in small amounts at any foreign exchange with no record of the transaction. Obviously this won't work for large amounts. I would welcome any input on this.

I have access to a Warka Bank on a military base in Iraq and it is not easy to get the smaller denominations here as many of them are torn, tattered and scotch taped. I'm sure that there is a way to acquire better quality or new bills.

Come on gang......use your heads. What it means is that the Dealers are selling a "CRAPLOAD" of dinars to desperate people who are buying based on all of these stupid unfounded rumors, and they're running out as fast as they can get them in. You can be sure that they'll have plenty more next week.....as always, and will be more than happy to take your money and provide excellent service.

Hey Leg,

This may have been the case but, what I was pointing out was that the sales staff on the day this was posted seemed to be taking calls fairly early in the day and had stated twice a definite time they would be receiving their "shipment" but then what they stated did not happen. It has been rumored that just prior to the RV sales would slow or stop and I think it is prudent to follow changes like this rather than "sitting on the edge of seats" trying to decipher mis-information or dodge impatient skeptics like you. Some times it would seem that cynical comments like yours would be best kept to one's self. Cheer up you may even be able to find your happy place when this all goes down.

Edited by BIRDDOG