Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For the people who got discouraged, let this reboost your spirits

jwprimerica

Short and sweet, here it is fresh off of xe.com's website.

Notice: IQD may be redenominated by the end of 2010. More on the Iraqi Dinar

Live rates at 2010.10.15 22:05:01 UTC

So what's different from everything else we've heard... This isn't from a Dinar skeptics site, a forum, a could be site. This site is dedicated to one thing, the CURRENT currency rates. For them to post that under the exchange rate for Dinar is pretty bold in my opinion.

-J

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

So what's different from everything else we've heard... This isn't from a Dinar skeptics site, a forum, a could be site. This site is dedicated to one thing, the CURRENT currency rates. For them to post that under the exchange rate for Dinar is pretty bold in my opinion.

-J

It has read that way for some time now....and it's not "at 2010.10.15" it's "as of 2010.10.15" meaning the current time that the quote is made.

• Upvote 1

Link please?

Sorry bout that...

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Amount=1&From=USD&To=IQD&image.x=28&image.y=19ℑ=Submit

This is honestly the first real solid piece of RV evidence I have seen to be truthful. There are so many other things Iraq could "busy" themselves up with before they address their currency, granted it would be the dumbest thing they ever do with their new found gov. But nonetheless, it IS good news seeing something like that posted on xe.com

-J

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

-J

Thanks for post however it used to say WILL REDENOMINATE and then a few months back got changed to may be.

• Upvote 1

haha! you think its good news that posted on xe.com? no, they said the dinar was a bad investment and a scam before, how can you believe them now. it will redenominate but dont trust them

Lol, my friend there are a few things you will learn along the road of research, one of those things being this. If you ever want to establish yourself as a credible source of information, you will not post things that bring defamation to your name. There are tabloids for a reason, they spread rumors.. That site is not a forum or a blog, it focus's strictly on currency. That being said, please don't think for a second I am naive enough to think that no one lies, I'm just stating that this source has no reason to lie.. Do they specialize in selling Dinar? Nope, so why post it if it will not benefit them? Take this for what it is bud

-J

Look folks.... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that the IDQ is extremly undervalued and needs to be RV'd someday relativly soon, Thats a FACT!! When and for how much is not known to anyone posting on this or any other site. Someday............................WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT.........The IDQ will RV. Best to just go on with your lives understanding you WILL NEVER get the time and rate on any of these forams......NEVER....NOWAY......EVER!!!!!!! JUst one day BAM...it will be there.

THATS IT folks....your not going to find out here or any where else....So just groove on and be happy.

exactly . dont dwell on it ! live your life without focusing on refreshing dinarvets ever 2 minutes . it will happen and will be on all major new outlets.

exactly . dont dwell on it ! live your life without focusing on refreshing dinarvets ever 2 minutes . it will happen and will be on all major new outlets.

You took the very same words right out of my mouth. It will happen when it happens. Live one day at a time until the big day comes! God Bless all!!!!

• Upvote 2

Sorry bout that...

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Amount=1&From=USD&To=IQD&image.x=28&image.y=19ℑ=Submit

This is honestly the first real solid piece of RV evidence I have seen to be truthful. There are so many other things Iraq could "busy" themselves up with before they address their currency, granted it would be the dumbest thing they ever do with their new found gov. But nonetheless, it IS good news seeing something like that posted on xe.com

-J

If you want to monitor the xe.com rate in a small window (floatable), do the following:

1. Select the rate you want, for example IQD = USD, when the rate comes up.

2. Click on "Monitor This Rate".

3. Look for "To launch the XE.com Currency Rate Monitor Click Here". Click the "Click Here" underlined link.

4. Click "Go" to launch the Rate Monitor

5. A small box with the rate will come up and can be moved wherever you want to place it on your screen.

6. The rate window gives you a box to check "Bring this window to front with every refresh" if you want the rate to refresh on top of your open programs.

Have fun and good luck.

Edited by Captjohn
  • Upvote 1

Look folks.... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that the IQD is extremly undervalued and needs to be RV'd someday relativly soon, Thats a FACT!! When and for how much is not known to anyone posting on this or any other site. Someday............................WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT.........The IQD will RV. Best to just go on with your lives understanding you WILL NEVER get the time and rate on any of these forams......NEVER....NOWAY......EVER!!!!!!! JUst one day BAM...it will be there.

THATS IT folks....your not going to find out here or any where else....So just groove on and be happy.

I thought I was only one thinking like this

I checked the link and this is the rest of the story

Iraq, Dinar

The Iraqi Dinar is the currency of Iraq. The currency code for Dinars is IQD, and the currency symbol is د.ع . Below, you'll find Iraqi Dinar rates, a currency converter, Iraqi Dinar News and more. You can also subscribe to our currency newsletters with daily rates and analysis, or take IQD rates on the go with our XE Mobile apps for your iPhone, BlackBerry, or even your regular phone.

The Central Bank of Iraq has announced their plans to redenominate the Iraqi Dinar to ease cash transactions. By the end of 2010, they intend to drop three zeros from the nominal value of bank notes. It should be noted that the actual value of the dinar will remain unchanged. That means that 1,000 IQD (pre-redenomination) and 1 dinar (post-redenomination) will both be worth the same amount in US Dollars. As stated by the Central Bank of Iraq, their mandate is to "ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system." For more information about the redenomination, read "Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination."

You deceide what to beleive.....Peace :o

• Upvote 1

I apologize for this post, feel free to take a look at the date I joined........ Yep, there ya have it... First time I saw this on that site too, nonetheless, sorry it is old info.

-J

XE even said themselves that this is not a for sure thing....that it's just an assumption they have made and they don't truely know exactly what's goin to happen with the dinar....you can't take what they say as gold.....NO ONE knows exactly what's goin to happen but things are pointing to a straight up RV

• 1 month later...

"Every dinar you buy represents a share in Iraq's bright new future."

That's how one website selling Iraqi dinars tries to convince potential investors to acquire the currency.

A commonly quoted fact on such "dinar" websites is that the Kuwaiti dinar plunged to a worth of about $0.10 after Iraq invaded Kuwait in August 1990. But within a few years the Kuwaiti dinar had rebounded to be worth more than $3.

That means that a $1,000 investment during the first Gulf War would yield the investor a profit of some $30,000.

Could the same thing also happen with the Iraqi dinar? The currency has already risen more than 60 percent in value against the dollar since the new banknotes began to circulate.

The U.S. Coalition Provisional Authority introduced the new dinar in October 2003 at the initial rate of 2,050 to $1. Today the exchange rate is about 1,230 dinars to $1.

Robert Powell, the Iraq analyst at the Economist Intelligence Unit, says the dinar's appreciation against the dollar is the result of an antiinflationary strategy -- not necessarily a reflection of the demand for the currency.

"It's mainly a Central Bank [of Iraq] policy to appreciate the dinar, which they do through auctions," Powell says. "So sometimes they will sell a limited number of dinars and then, as such, that causes [the currency] to appreciate. So they simply ration the supply of dinars. And obviously if you lower the supply of something the price goes up."

Since 2006, the Central Bank of Iraq has also implemented several interest-rate increases in an effort to counter rising inflation and an increase in "dollarization" -- people using dollars instead of the local currency.

But Powell says he thinks the pace of the dinar's appreciation against the dollar will slow in the coming two years compared with 2007. "It looks like at the moment, having gotten inflation below 10 percent -- which was the target -- then they're going to end this policy and probably reintroduce the [informal] peg [to the dollar] that they had in place from around 2005 to late 2006," he says.

However the "dinar" websites are banking on the hope that the Iraqi currency will gain even more strength against the dollar.

Promoters of that hope explain that the expansion of stability in Iraq will stimulate the economy and the value of the dinar, creating huge profits for dinar speculators. "Imagine the growth potential of the Iraqi dinar once Iraq recovers and begins to enjoy the potential revenue of a country rich in oil and other natural resources," says one website.

"In the near term, frankly, the predominant question should be: 'If I hold Iraqi dinars, who is going to buy them off me?'" Powell says. "Maybe in the long term, if Iraq became stable, if Iraq became an economic success, if [iraqis] were able to utilize their full oil potential, then the currency could appreciate enormously. But making such a bet at this stage seems highly speculative. [Kuwait] was liberated in the space of about six months whereas the Iraq situation is now going toward a fifth year. And it's a long, long way to go before we can possibly see a stable, successful Iraq."

Two years ago, the state of Utah's Division of Securities included Iraqi currency trading on its list of the most common investment scams. Among other things, the agency warned that the dinars couldn't be freely traded on the world market. To put it simply, you couldn't physically trade dinars anywhere except in Iraq.

Today, dinars are exchangeable at select U.S. banks and currency traders.

• Downvote 1