Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

25 Note???

Munsch

Well ... My very first own rumor I get to start with you guys thanks to k98nights himself from his news article posting about the Currency forger arrested in Iraq.

Look VERY close at the picture and tell me what is on the scale at the table ... Are those 25 dinar notes?!?!?

Correct me if I am wrong because I don't see a big 25 number like that on any of the notes listed on the CBI website right now. B)

cms-image-000030495.jpg

• Upvote 3

Well ... My very first own rumor I get to start with you guys thanks to k98nights himself from his news article posting about the Currency forger arrested in Iraq.

Look VERY close at the picture and tell me what is on the scale at the table ... Are those 25 dinar notes?!?!?

Correct me if I am wrong because I don't see a big 25 number like that on any of the notes listed on the CBI website right now. B)

cms-image-000030495.jpg

is this a good thing? honest question.

cms-image-000030495.jpg

I looked. This doesnt add up to me. That looks like Sadaam on the bank notes and this may be an old picture they are just using. Maybe I am wrong. Thanks for noticing.

problem is, this is an article about FORGERS?? blink.gif

How do we know that the 25 NOTE is not what they were forging? Or other small denominations. I for one, hope upon hope that the ones they were forging are smaller. I would be sick to find out that we had all been scammed after all this time, or have our RV held up due to scrutiny or possible investigation.

Good looking out though!! I thank you for being so observant, I am sure most of us would have missed it. dry.gif

I know I would have... biggrin.gif

That's the biggest FAT 25 Note I've ever seen!! Not to mention those fresh stacks sitting over there as well, which appear to be the same color!!! Not to mention it actually looks as if the Iraqi's are buying their Dinars with American Dollars!! This blows....lol. WTH????

If it is an article about a currency forger, then maybe the $25 notes are fakes. If not, the RV has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I missing something here???

They are NOT $25 (dollars). Are we not discussing 25 Dinars (IQD)?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Am I missing something here???

They are NOT $25 (dollars). Are we not discussing 25 Dinars (IQD)?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, but look in the background - those other men are handling USD.

And that is not Saddam on those other notes! This is a Muslim religious leader - I am sorry I cannot remember his name.

That's a 10,000 Note with Abu Ali Hasan Ibn al-Haitham (known as Alhazen to medieval scholars in the West), born Basrah in 965 A.D. His most important work - although he wrote some 200 books - is held to be a seven volume series on optics Kitab al-Manazir, in which he gives the first correct explanation of vision, showing that light is reflected from an object into the eye. He is said to have ‘invented’ the camera obscura.

BACK: Hadba Minaret, at the Great Nurid Mosque, Mosul, built 1172 A.D by Nurridin Zangi, the then Turkish ruler. The 59m-high minaret leans 8 feet off the perpendicular. That is how it earned its Arabic name Al-Hadba (‘the humped’)

it is def a 250 note if you look at the top corner in the pic you can hardly see but its says 250 and i have a bunch of 250 notes. but those also look photoshoped so i dont think those are real.

I have a 250 Note right here in front of me and it looks nothing like this, and there is no big 25 on it either. Nor is the Scholar on it

V

• Upvote 2

That's the biggest FAT 25 Note I've ever seen!! Not to mention those fresh stacks sitting over there as well, which appear to be the same color!!! Not to mention it actually looks as if the Iraqi's are buying their Dinars with American Dollars!! This blows....lol. WTH????

Yeah ... if you notice the 25 is in the wrong position (normally located in the corners inside the graphics to make it much more difficult to counterfeit) and appears to be a different font than all of the De La Rue printed denoms.

I don't know whether it has been photo shopped or what.

My original questions was ... is it a 250 ... the answer to that is NO.

The red ones are 25,000 IQD/NID (in vendor's hand and on top of calculator)

The green ones between the guys fingers closest to the camera on the left are the back of the 10,000 IQD/NID

Can't make out the plasticized stacks

Is that a $5 USD in the guy on the rights hand and can't make out what he is handing over

And then there is our photoshopped 25

• Upvote 1

cms-image-000030495.jpg

Excellent Find Munsch, something is definitely up that we don't know about!!

cms-image-000030495.jpg

The question is, are those 1IQDs he is holding and are they the new 1IQDs or the Old 1IQD's

I looked. This doesnt add up to me. That looks like Sadaam on the bank notes and this may be an old picture they are just using. Maybe I am wrong. Thanks for noticing.

Can you tell me where you see Saddam on the blue notes on the scale??? All I can see is "25" and chicken scratch, no face.

The question is, are those 1IQDs he is holding and are they the new 1IQDs or the Old 1IQD's

The green notes is the arabic side of the 10,000