Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

dinar rumors

TBnhispower

"So I need help from those who know about economic procedures" were my exact words. I believe asking questions,which leads us to think, always does good, jmo. As far as having any "devious reason" for my post, you couldn't be more wrong. I am just a stay at home mom that teaches my children to ask questions when they want an answer, which is exactly what I was doing. I am praying this investment is not "junk", but will not have blind faith. I know some people are completely comfortable with just believing; I'm not one of them. I need to be convinced before I feel comfortable to encourage others to invest. And BTW, just because I know little about this investment doesn't mean I don't have an opinion to share. I can have questions and opinions. The truth is we are both on the same side; We both want a good return on our dinars. Blessings to you.

Read more:

Maybe i jumped hard into this one but if you are looking for education let me start by saying that a lot of people every year get scammed because of persuasion. And i believe that there are wolves preying on these dinar sites. So with that being said i will try not to over analyze your comments. However your appear to have some banking knowledge, a premier member with WF, and the ability to meet with the senior V.P of WF. Now why he or she did not explain that China and Argentina have currancies on the world market. They aren't the global leader though..that is the USD, but China has been petitioning for years to be the global leader. If your were warned by WF not to invest then you should have grabbed a hold of those reins and asked WHY. Why would it take so many years like they claim. The global market needs Iraq and the banks know this. Well not all but anyone with the knowledge to warn you off would know. So you will have to forgive me for being so reserved but this investment is very strong and thats more than just an opinion. There is a lot of simple logic that goes into the answers and just plain bold facts. All being said.....The truth is we are both on the same side; We both want a good return on our dinars. Blessings to you...........And may god bless you and yours......

With truest intentions,

Eric

Read more:

• Upvote 1

Maybe i jumped hard into this one but if you are looking for education let me start by saying that a lot of people every year get scammed because of persuasion. And i believe that there are wolves preying on these dinar sites. So with that being said i will try not to over analyze your comments. However your appear to have some banking knowledge, a premier member with WF, and the ability to meet with the senior V.P of WF. Now why he or she did not explain that China and Argentina have currancies on the world market. They aren't the global leader though..that is the USD, but China has been petitioning for years to be the global leader. If your were warned by WF not to invest then you should have grabbed a hold of those reins and asked WHY. Why would it take so many years like they claim. The global market needs Iraq and the banks know this. Well not all but anyone with the knowledge to warn you off would know. So you will have to forgive me for being so reserved but this investment is very strong and thats more than just an opinion. There is a lot of simple logic that goes into the answers and just plain bold facts. All being said.....The truth is we are both on the same side; We both want a good return on our dinars. Blessings to you...........And may god bless you and yours......

Splicer, I think you're confused with which part of my post is me, and which part was the other guy. The first paragraph is mine, the rest was a post I read that had me concerned. I am not a WF member at all, and know very little about banking. In fact, just recently had to ask how a trust even works. Maybe reread my post with this info in mind. Thanks for the debate; It's been fun. GN

Read more:

• Downvote 1

For what it's worth, MY first post was attacked as well because I challenged everyone to tell me WHERE the U.S. Dollars would come from to exchange the (claimed) 25 Trillion Dinars. Some people attacked me, saying I was "clueless," but a few people were kind enough to point me in the right direction to find the answers I needed to make a decision.

I followed the advice and did the research (albeit much less research than many here have done), and I do see now how it can all work. The post "pinned" near the top of the Rumors topic about an Economist's explanation was helpful.

I've read several claims that Fifth Third Bank, on the East Coast, sells Iraqi Dinar. Yesterday, I called Fifth Third (1-800-972-3030 ) and asked the customer service agent who answered the phone (after following the voice prompts to get to a live agent) whether it is true that they deal in Iraqi Dinar. He immediately said "yes" but he wanted to know which branch I was close to because not all branches have the Dinar. I told him I'm not even in their state (apparently all the Fifth Third Bank branches are in Pennsylvania). I thanked him for his time and that was it.

I know this doesn't mean much, nor does it surprise many on these boards, but for me it was interesting to know that there actually ARE real banks in the U.S. buying and selling this currency every day. I highly doubt an FDIC member bank in the U.S. would engage in buying and selling a currency if it were in fact not a legitimate form of exchange. I'm not saying banks should be TRUSTED, I'm merely stating that Iraqi Dinar IS being traded/exchanged "legitimately" in this country every day by at least one bank (I've read that Citibank may be trading as well, and there was another lesser known name that I can't recall right now).

I just wish there was a way to reliably cross-reference all the claims people have made about their "State Department" friend who helped the U.S. create this currency, and how it will Revalue within 7-10 years afterward (7-10 years after 2003, that is)

Edited by tjimpala
  • Upvote 1

this just goes to show that if you talk to a dozen people, you will get a dozen different answers. Iraq is looking into the future for their country, they know that they are in the spotlight now and won't give up. They have waited so long for this kind of power and will hold onto it, things are starting to roll. Many of the pieces of the puzzle are in place and many more are starting to fit. What ever that takes...for example, a city close to the airport built for the safety of future visitors, or the many company contracts being negotiated, etc. I don't buy the fact that now is the time to turn in your dinar. Again as said before, if you don't have it to lose in the first place, don't buy it. Turn it in if you must...mine is tucked away in a safe place and will stay there until the RV. GO RV!!!

I posted this in the Dinar and Question section, but feel that it might benefit a few folks that read only the rumor section....the article is afew months old, but has some very interesting reading...many things are going on at one time, that is a lot for a country that has just come into their own power to swim through. In order to hold their own, they have to make the right decisions, just as we as dinar holders are trying to hold out for positive info on our dinar, so Iraq is doing the same with their first steps toward a solid government. The RV will take place, and so will a new government of Iraq.

This email was sent to me and I thought I would pass it on. It is a few months old, but I believe that it plays an important part in the fate of the dinar....

CLICK ON THE ATTACHED LINK TO WATCH CNBC's JIM CRAMER'S PUSH FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT ON EFT (EXCHANGE TRADED FUND) FOR THE IRAQI DINAR. IN THE VIDEO INTERVIEW (JUST BELOW JIM CRAMER'S VIDEO) YOU CAN LISTEN TO GENERAL PETRAEUS DISCUSSIONS ON THE MANY MILITARY SOLDIERS WHO SERVED IN IRAQ AND HOW THEY ARE NOW RETURNING TO DO BUSINESS.

http://www.investors...hp?pageid=video

3:14 PM THE IMF RIGHT NOW IS REPRESENTING IRAQ RIGHT NOW WITH THE MEMBER COUNTRIES OF THE IMF.

3:15 PM THEY ARE ACTING AS THEIR AGENT ON THE NEGOTIATING THE REVALUE OF THE DINAR.

3:15 PM THE US TREASURY SAID THAT THEY DEFINITELY DO HAVE THE RATE AND THAT IS SETTLED

3:16 PM THEY WILL NOT ACKNOWLEDGE A DATE FOR RELEASE

3:17 PM THE IMF IS ASKING FOR ASSURANCES FROM THE TOP 4 DINAR HOLDERS IN THE WORLD THAT THEY WILL NOT DUMP ALL THE DINAR IMMEDIATELY BACK INTO CBI. THAT IT BE SENT BACK ON A PROGRAM DEVELOPED BY THE IMF.

3:18 PM THIS IS SO IRAQ DOES NOT HAVE TO USE UP THEIR CURRENCY RESERVES AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO GIVE UP THEIR GOLD TO COVER IT.

3:19 PM THE TOP 4 IQD HOLDERS ARE: #1 USA, #2 CHINA, #3 UK, #4 FRANCE

3:19 PM THE USA UK AND FRANCE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT

3:19 PM CHINA WAS THE ISSUE

3:20 PM CHINA HAS THREATENED IF THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER ROUND 2 OF THE AUCTIONS THEN THEY ARE GOING TO CALL IN ALL THE MONEY THEY OWE THEM FOR TRILLIONS IN DINAR THEY HOLD.

[Observation from the sender of this email:

THE IMF AS YOU KNOW HAS BEEN WORKING YEARS WITH IRAQ. THE US AND UK HAVE PUT BILLIONS INTO IRAQ. FRANCE BEEN LIMP D*CKS THRU OUT THIS ENTIRE WAR. THE US AND THE UK AND OTHER COUNTRIES PAID FOR THE RECONSTRUCTION OF IRAQ TO THIS POINT. THEN YOU HAVE THE AMBULANCE CHASERS NOW COMING IN AND WANTING TO TAKE THE GRAVY AND THE BEANS

RIGHT NOW, AND I MEAN RIGHT NOW THE IQD IS READY AND APPROVED BY THE IMF, IRAQ AND WB TO BE RELEASED TO THE WORLD. THE US ASSISTED THRU OUT THIS PROCESS BY AUDITING THE SUSTAINABILITY OF THE DINAR ON A REVALUE AT A SPECIFIC RATE.

THE ONLY ISSUE AT HAND FOR IRAQ AND THE IMF IS THAT THE DINAR WAS AUCTION OFF AT A RIDICULOUS PACE AND WANTS ASSURANCES THAT THE DINAR WILL NOT BE SHOVED DOWN CBI'S THROAT. THEY ARE ASKING THAT IT BE REGULATED BY THE IMF AND RETURNED AT INTERVALS. OTHERWISE IT WOULD DRAIN THEIR FOREIGN CURRENCY RESERVES AND FORCE THEM TO COVER IT WITH THEIR GOLD. WHICH THEY DO NOT WANT TO DO.

3 OF THE TOP 4 HOLDERS WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS. CHINA HAS BOUGHT UP ALLOT OF TBILLS AND CBI BILLS FROM THE CENTRAL BANK. NOW THEY WERE BANNED FROM THE 2ND ROUND FOR BEING IN KURDISTAN ALONG WITH SOUTH KOREA THEY ALSO ARE NOT HIRING FROM THE POPULATION OF IRAQ, THEY ARE USING THEIR OWN MEN AND THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE CONTRACTS.

NOW CHINA MAY GET ADMITTANCE INTO THE 2ND RND OF CONTRACTS BUT THE IMF HAS MUCH MORE POWER GLOBALLY THAN CHINA DOES. THEY CAN EASILY AWARD MORE SDR'S TO COUNTRIES THAT DO BUSINESS WITH CHINA TO FURTHER DAMAGE THEIR TRADE DEFICITS. BY GIVING MORE SDR'S THESE COUNTRIES THEN CAN GO TO OTHER IMPORTS THAT WOULDN'T BE ACCESSIBLE TO THEM BECAUSE OF HIGHER PRICES.

NOW TO ANSWER ABOUT IF THE US, CHINA, UK AND FRANCE ARE ASKED TO SEND BACK DINAR AT A INTERVALLED PACE IT DOES NOT EFFECT THE INVESTOR ONE BIT. PLUS I KNOW THAT THE US FOR MONTHS HAS INDICATED ARE NOT SENDING BACK THE DINAR TO CBI. IT IS BETTER OFF FOR THE US TO PUT IT INTO THE FED RESERVE TO COVER THE FIAT MONEY THAT IS NOT COVERED RIGHT NOW AND BOOST UP THE VALUE OF THE USD. THE EXTRA PRINTING FOR LIQUIDITY HAS HURT SOME AND THE LACK OF FOREIGN CURRENCY ASSETS DIDN'T HELP. BUT THAT IS ONLY A PART OF IT THIS WILL BE WORKED OUT, CHINA HAS ALLOT TO LOSE GLOBALLY BY MESSING WITH THE IMF AND THE COUNTRIES THERE. This article came from the Treasury Dept. of the US.

Read more:

That is IMPOSSIBLE anyways. You cannot value your currency IN country and not out country. Currency is currency. Swiss franc is worth the same in switzerland or outside it. There is no such thing as an IN country RV.

They can start with an in country RV and take care of the currency exchange in country first before opening up to the world exchange of the RV'd dinar. It would not surprise me if they do that. You are correct that the value would be the same out of country when the exchange starts as they can not carry a currency with two values.

The point of this whole post was NOT that they said this is a scam....we hear that all day everyday from different people just because there are alot of counterfiet and stolen dinar out there that willk not be able to be exchanged when it comes down to it......the major point of this was that he brought up that when it RV's its POSSIBLE they will only let you exchange the bills we have now IN country.....it has been done before so this is nothing new......disregard the fact of other countries holding dinar in reserves because its ELECTRONIC form....which means if these bills we have now are phased out those countries holding dinar will NOT have to do anything.....it stays in its form and they will NOT be shafted by what they hold so this does not apply to countries holding dinar....this would apply to CITIZENS.....this would apply to US.......meaning that its POSSIBLE that they could revalue and that it wouldnt be accepted for exchange everywhere like how it is right now...therefore your options are VERY limited on where and when you could exchange......nothing is impossible.....this kind of thing does happen.....everyone just needs to be prepared for the worst, i think that they were just trying to bring to light another possibility in our investment because this isent guaranteed....no one can or has guaranteed that this will happen and this dinar revalue is NOT for the sole purpose of making us americans rich....this is for the people of Iraq to bring them back into the global marketplace so they can prosper......we need to have ALL of our bases covered in case the worse happens....dont leave your blinders on and think this is just smoke and mirrors :lol: this isent media oriented information....this was info passed on from a WF V.P. to customers....they have NOTHING to gain by saying this, only money to lose for the many clients of theirs that are probly holding dinar, that would cash in with them, and leave money in the bank with them....just open your minds to the realm of possibilities here people.....

• Upvote 4

The point of this whole post was NOT that they said this is a scam....we hear that all day everyday from different people just because there are alot of counterfiet and stolen dinar out there that willk not be able to be exchanged when it comes down to it......the major point of this was that he brought up that when it RV's its POSSIBLE they will only let you exchange the bills we have now IN country.....it has been done before so this is nothing new......disregard the fact of other countries holding dinar in reserves because its ELECTRONIC form....which means if these bills we have now are phased out those countries holding dinar will NOT have to do anything.....it stays in its form and they will NOT be shafted by what they hold so this does not apply to countries holding dinar....this would apply to CITIZENS.....this would apply to US.......meaning that its POSSIBLE that they could revalue and that it wouldnt be accepted for exchange everywhere like how it is right now...therefore your options are VERY limited on where and when you could exchange......nothing is impossible.....this kind of thing does happen.....everyone just needs to be prepared for the worst, i think that they were just trying to bring to light another possibility in our investment because this isent guaranteed....no one can or has guaranteed that this will happen and this dinar revalue is NOT for the sole purpose of making us americans rich....this is for the people of Iraq to bring them back into the global marketplace so they can prosper......we need to have ALL of our bases covered in case the worse happens....dont leave your blinders on and think this is just smoke and mirrors :lol: this isent media oriented information....this was info passed on from a WF V.P. to customers....they have NOTHING to gain by saying this, only money to lose for the many clients of theirs that are probly holding dinar, that would cash in with them, and leave money in the bank with them....just open your minds to the realm of possibilities here people.....

I couldn't give a rats xxx about what the WF VP said. Where do you think he got his info? Out of thin air? Of coarse not. Wells Fargo , IMO, has someone high up the corporate ladder who, for whatever reason does not believe in this whole Iraq RV situation so he put this memo out so he feels comfortable that he covered his xxx. How many times have we all told someone about this investment and they don't believe it(sounds too good to be true) is usually the reaction that I get. So what makes you think that someone high up the Wells Fargo ladder is more educated about this investment than you or I. How many finacial analists do you think are invested in Dinar? Most , I have read , don't believe in this. Most people are not risk takers. To me this is NO RISK. GO RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I couldn't give a rats xxx about what the WF VP said. Where do you think he got his info? Out of thin air? Of coarse not. Wells Fargo , IMO, has someone high up the corporate ladder who, for whatever reason does not believe in this whole Iraq RV situation so he put this memo out so he feels comfortable that he covered his xxx. How many times have we all told someone about this investment and they don't believe it(sounds too good to be true) is usually the reaction that I get. So what makes you think that someone high up the Wells Fargo ladder is more educated about this investment than you or I. How many finacial analists do you think are invested in Dinar? Most , I have read , don't believe in this. Most people are not risk takers. To me this is NO RISK. GO RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then thats your choice.....you dont have to believe anything....but for the most part you missed my point completely......I guess you only read and see what you want.....oh well..... :lol:

Edited by Bumper64
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Keep, I'm not trying to be doom and gloom, just concerned for those who have invested too much. I have read a lot of your posts because I can see you think about this,. It concerns me that so many have just made a decision to believe no matter what. I still have hope, but continue to look for truth. I guess I am more sceptical than I once was. Go RV!

If you are skeptical.........then why buy in the first place. Second, this is NOT a scam. Why?.....because none of this is made up. There is a CBI. Iraq does have a legal currency called the Iraqi Dinar. There truly is a guy by the name of Shabibi who is the head of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) who has met with the heads of our Federal Reserve Banks just weeks ago in Jackson Hole, WY. The U. S. Treasury has just removed Iraq from the OFAC list. The UN Security Council is pushing hard for Iraq to be removed from it's Chapter 7 sanctions. The International monetart Fund (IMF) has been working closely with the CBI to bring it up the level of other international financial institutions. These are real events. They are not made up.

I can go on and on pointing out events and issues that actual exists and are not made up and are the reasons I say this is not a scam. What made Bernie Madoff a scam was because none of what he alleged truly existed. None of the activities he alleged, such as trades, account activity, etc. actually took place.

However, what we see daily, other than the Iraqi news articles, actual exists. For example, the CBI really does conduct auctions that banks across the globe buy every week. You can now look on many of the forex boards and see the IQD paired with dozen of other currencies. There are billions of dollars of contracts being signed weekly between the Iraqi government and international companies that are expecting to paid with something of value. In order for this to happen, the IQD will have to be revalued. This is real.

Hope this helps.

That is IMPOSSIBLE anyways. You cannot value your currency IN country and not out country. Currency is currency. Swiss franc is worth the same in switzerland or outside it. There is no such thing as an IN country RV.

Actually that is not true. Saddam did it when he was in power. In fact, when you hear of people refer to the Iraqi Dinar once being valued at $3.22 per 1 USD, it was only valued at that rate in country because Saddam decided on that rate. It was never rated that high on the open market. Do the research yourself and you will see that it is true. I was crushed when I found out. That is why I stopped posting for a long while. But, I still have faith that Iraq will succeed, and the dinar will make me some money some day. Just not very soon. I think maybe 10 more years to build their infra-structure, and start up their exports in oil, sulpher, natural gas, and produce. Hope I am wrong because I am not getting any younger. I would love for it to RV soon while I still have time to enjoy it. I pray for that every day

If you are skeptical.........then why buy in the first place. Second, this is NOT a scam. Why?.....because none of this is made up. There is a CBI. Iraq does have a legal currency called the Iraqi Dinar. There truly is a guy by the name of Shabibi who is the head of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) who has met with the heads of our Federal Reserve Banks just weeks ago in Jackson Hole, WY. The U. S. Treasury has just removed Iraq from the OFAC list. The UN Security Council is pushing hard for Iraq to be removed from it's Chapter 7 sanctions. The International monetart Fund (IMF) has been working closely with the CBI to bring it up the level of other international financial institutions. These are real events. They are not made up.

I can go on and on pointing out events and issues that actual exists and are not made up and are the reasons I say this is not a scam. What made Bernie Madoff a scam was because none of what he alleged truly existed. None of the activities he alleged, such as trades, account activity, etc. actually took place.

However, what we see daily, other than the Iraqi news articles, actual exists. For example, the CBI really does conduct auctions that banks across the globe buy every week. You can now look on many of the forex boards and see the IQD paired with dozen of other currencies. There are billions of dollars of contracts being signed weekly between the Iraqi government and international companies that are expecting to paid with something of value. In order for this to happen, the IQD will have to be revalued. This is real.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, yes it does, and are a few of the reasons I bought in as well. Goooo RVVVVVVV!

Potential Value increase of a 1 Million Iraqi Dinar holding If the value of Iraqi Dinar increases to: The resulting value of your 1,000,000 Dinar would be: $0.01 $10,000 $0.10 $100,000 $0.20 $200,000 $0.50 $500,000 $1.00/Iraqi Dinar $1,000,000 Universal Currency Converter™ Results Mid-market rates refreshed minutely. More currencies...

Printed from the XE Universal Currency Converter at: www.xe.com/ucc

clear.gif Memo: .......................................................................................................................................................................

clear.gif .......................................................................................................................................................................

Currency Rates

Live rates at 2010.09.30 15:58:00 UTC

1.00 CNY = 0.149415 USD USDCNY.png China Yuan Renminbi United States Dollars 1 CNY = 0.149415 USD 1 USD = 6.69275 CNY

Trade Currencies. Click here!!

so if it goes this high look at what you can get ye hear....

Edited by Reba Johnson

Why would Bush pass a law for us to invest in iraq, if this was really going to happen? Makes no sence to me stay focusedwink.giftongue.gifcool.gif

Vizio, I've thought of this too. Maybe he thought "This COULD go in our favor, and in case it does let's give Americans a shot at it." However, even GWB can't predict the future. My thoughts are like a washing machine, This sounds great.........however This sounds great.........however This sounds great.........however This sounds great.........however. Just being honest here. HOWEVER......I did buy in!

YIKES!!! You mean the Iraq Dinar will be worthless out of the country and good inside the country??? YIKES!!!!

During Saddam's regime, that is exactly what happened. He said it is worth $3 USD per dinar - but it was "artificial" in that nobody outside of Iraq could get that exchange and I'm not sure that any Iraqis could get it either under his distatorship.

Perhaps somebody can research this and come up with more info on what happened after his "interanal" reval.

Why would Bush pass a law for us to invest in iraq, if this was really going to happen? Makes no sence to me stay focusedwink.giftongue.gifcool.gif

That executive order was to protect americans investing in the country of Iraq as far as business and stocks and such....no where does it specify just buying the currency which technically isent really investing in the country of Iraq....thats just buying their currency in the hopes that the value is returned to previous rates to make a profit....we cannot control what they have to do with their currency to bring it to previous value....they have to control that figuring in other factors which again we cannot control....if they cant support a higher rate then they just cant do it plain and simple....although yes it does look like they will after sometime but that doesnt necessarily mean they can do it right now or without changing the currency first.......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That executive order was to protect americans investing in the country of Iraq as far as business and stocks and such....no where does it specify just buying the currency which technically isent really investing in the country of Iraq....thats just buying their currency in the hopes that the value is returned to previous rates to make a profit....we cannot control what they have to do with their currency to bring it to previous value....they have to control that figuring in other factors which again we cannot control....if they cant support a higher rate then they just cant do it plain and simple....although yes it does look like they will after sometime but that doesnt necessarily mean they can do it right now or without changing the currency first.......

Thanks for clarifying this, Keep.

Okay, first lets dissect -

HERE IT IS:

Well - I have been keeping this under my hat - but I spoke with the Senior VP of Wells Fargo Foreign Exchange (FX) a few weeks ago. I was able to speak to a SENIOR person in FX because I am part of the Wells Fargo "Private Banking" Division. He told me that they had a big meeting on IQD and after doing extensive research they decided to advise all of their cliens to turn in their

IQD for USD ASAP and get OUT while we can still recover any of our investment -- that even if one had bought legitimate currency (not the old Saddam currency) it would be DECADES, if ever, before it could become a globally-traded currency. He sent me links to articles about the Chinese Yuan and how the Chinese have been trying for decades to make their currency global but even though they are one of the strongest economies in the world right now - the macro-economic procedures are not in place.

First off, it is not that we do not want the Chinese Global or that they want to be Global, we just won't let it happen until we can dictate what we want their currency to be worth. The Chinese on the other hand do not want it over priced for obvious reasons (Not saying I agree with either parties ideal of what it is actually worth) just saying that is why and where the stalemate is on the Chinese going global. So this tells me that your contact at Wells is not all that informed.

As for me, I am all in and hanging onto my Dinar and cashing in real soon!!!!!

GO RV !!!!!!

They can start with an in country RV and take care of the currency exchange in country first before opening up to the world exchange of the RV'd dinar. It would not surprise me if they do that. You are correct that the value would be the same out of country when the exchange starts as they can not carry a currency with two values.

Here is what continues to concern me:

You can read in many places the predictions that the IQD will revalue back to its former rate of $3.22 USD, but what they don’t tell you is that the old Iraqi Dinar could not be traded in the open market and the over inflated Dinar exchange rate was not tested on the world currency exchange market! Saddam simply ‘made up’ the value, it wasn’t real! What I don't know is if Iraqi citizens were able to at least get that rate in Iraq. Of course why would they want to given that they had no way to spend it there and they were trapped by Hussein?

Here is what continues to concern me:

You can read in many places the predictions that the IQD will revalue back to its former rate of $3.22 USD, but what they don’t tell you is that the old Iraqi Dinar could not be traded in the open market and the over inflated Dinar exchange rate was not tested on the world currency exchange market! Saddam simply ‘made up’ the value, it wasn’t real! What I don't know is if Iraqi citizens were able to at least get that rate in Iraq. Of course why would they want to given that they had no way to spend it there and they were trapped by Hussein?

This is true, but from what I understand it was traded at about $2.45 or so before it was inflated by Saddam. At least that's what I've heard. Can anybody verify this?

Awesome responce to a question, then the offer to follow up with getting more information for the forum.

Thank you for the work that you do. I hope everyone will look at this as the way for the forum to operate.

Even though opinions, each member who tries to get pertainant information out for the speculators (us) to look at should be thanked (and I do).

Thanks again!

This is true, but from what I understand it was traded at about $2.45 or so before it was inflated by Saddam. At least that's what I've heard. Can anybody verify this?

Anywhere you look you will see that even if the rate of 3.22 was inflated, it was still acknowledged by the rest of the world.....and every resource that documents exchange rates for countries acknowledges high rates for the Iraqi Dinar even from back in the day......and even US documents on the plans for the future of Iraq that were printed in 2002 before we even step foot in Iraq state about previous rates of 3.33 and planning on getting the value of the Iraqi Dinar to those heights!!!

• Upvote 1