Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WHO CARES ABOUT THE AVERAGE IRAQI

jopy

The article below is quite moving and should be read by all. I can't imagine the pain the normal Iraqi citizen is going through let alone the greedy, insensitive, relentless, hell-bent Iraqi Gov't's. pursuit of injustice towards its own. God help Them!!!

Editorial: Who cares about the average Iraqi?

Posted: September 22, 2010 by Justhopin in Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: Iraq, middle east, Baghdad, Iraq War, Iraqi Kurdistan, Suicide attack, Improvised explosive device, Adhamiya, Sazan Mandalawi, www.kurdiu.org

2088sazan.jpgSazan Mandalawi

As a proofreader in a news agency in Iraq’s Kurdistan region Ifeel like a doctor, but the type of patients I indirectly meet every day areaverage Iraqis. Unlike a doctor I cannot cure their illnesses or prescribemedication but I have managed to identify the cause of their psychologicalillnesses.

Today, such Iraqis leave home unsure if they will return totheir families that evening or not. Those who have jobs work long hours everyday for little pay. If they are lucky their children or nephews and nieces arenot yet kidnapped and if they are extremely lucky they haven’t had more thanone relative martyred in a suicide attack.

Report after report comes in and I begin to feel the woes andthe pains of the Iraqi people. Their restlessness and how desperate they are tolive a day without hearing a bomb, without being at risk of kidnapping and tohave more than just a few hours of electricity every day.

These patients have wounded hearts, they have anger managementproblems, they have lost loved ones and their scars are yet to heal. Recentlythe Iraqi interior ministry revealed that the country had its deadliest monthfor two years in July, with more than 1,500 casualties. A single suicide attackon an army recruitment centre in Baghdad last week killed 57 people and wounded123.

Not a day passes behind my desk that I do not receive an articleabout a roadside bomb, a suicide attack or a killing. I retype the same wordsevery day: “unidentified gunmen” killing a certain number of civilians and then“escaping to an unknown location”. It is hard to believe the country isfloating on what the world refers to as black gold. The average Iraqi relies onfood rations and is desperate for car fuel – that is, if he still has a car. Asa young girl when thinking of my future and ways to reach my dreams, my eyes beginto sparkle with hope. The average Iraqi’s fills with tears as he or she tellsyou: “I just hope live tomorrow”.

Recently it was revealed that narcotic drugs are being producedin certain areas such as the Dhi-Qar province. Radiation from war remnants hasbeen found as the cause of cancer among young children in particular. Missileswere found in a girls’ school in the Adhamiya area and numerous unidentifieddead bodies are found almost every day. I can only imagine Baghdad as beingflooded with corpses and wounded people.

Politically, Iraq today is like a ship in the middle of theocean with tens of captains, each stirring in a different direction towardstheir own interest. As for the government, the electricity minister hasresigned and the factions are yet to agree and form a government – five monthsafter the election results. The reality is it is a fight over a seat – theprime minister’s post; as citizens are crying for power, food and security, thegovernment is busy searching for where its treasure lays. Reports state morethan a third of the new parliamentarians are supposedly on holiday. Even if thegovernment forms and with some miracle the requirements of the people are met,it will take an entire generation to heal the wounds of the average Iraqi. Thepsychological pains are greater than any physical wound. Every Iraqi needs apsychologist or a doctor. The tragedy is that few worthy doctors are left inthe country, as many were threatened and had no alternative but to escape infear of their lives.

After knowing the pains of the Iraqis it is frustrating as dayafter day I proof the same sentence in tens of articles, after so and so met“no agreement was reached”. With a seat up for grabs that is worth more moneyand power than one can imagine, who cares about the average Iraqi?

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://www.kurdiu.org/en/wtard.php%3Fpageid%3D2961&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnahrain%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Dbh9%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhh3lEaWBui5R_88Yt5zLH-o4ajhjw

• Upvote 9

I am sure the 'average Iraqi " person has had those feelings. It is appalling that governement leaders can take so long to get the essential business done, to get their country on the move. The Iraqi people will learn to be more selective in their voting.... as this new freedom grows with them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yes, they will. Step by step they will learn. Freedom is new to the Iraqi's after so many years in bondage. Imagine.

It wouild be equal to being a POW for years and years suddenly you back home free. Even our POW's needed psychological counselling.

First the violence must be controlled and then perhaps doctors will be willing to return to Iraq. One would think that the UN would send in medical practitioners to help.

To go a step further I do care about the average Iraqi just as our founders cared so much about the average American that this FREE amazing wonderful Democratic Republic of the United States of America was formed. I will hope that the Democratic Republic of Iraq will soon be free of constant upheaval and pain.

This Iraqi young lady penned a touching article.

Edited by Jac
  • Upvote 1

COMPASSION! LOVE , AND UNDERSTANDING! JESUS OR OUR LORD CREATED THESE PEOPLE IN HIS OWN IMAGE! GOD CREATED ALL TO HIS FULLNESS , DIDNT QUIT WHEN HE GOT STARTED! WERE ALL OF HIS CHILDREN! YES IM A SON AF ABRAHAM ! WHAT MY KNGS JAMES VERSION TELLS ME! OFCORSE YA ALL MIGHT NOT LIKE OUR FIRST REAL VERSION! OF THE HOLY BIBLE! but thats alright!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

COMPASSION! LOVE , AND UNDERSTANDING! JESUS OR OUR LORD CREATED THESE PEOPLE IN HIS OWN IMAGE! GOD CREATED ALL TO HIS FULLNESS , DIDNT QUIT WHEN HE GOT STARTED! WERE ALL OF HIS CHILDREN! YES IM A SON AF ABRAHAM ! WHAT MY KNGS JAMES VERSION TELLS ME! OFCORSE YA ALL MIGHT NOT LIKE OUR FIRST REAL VERSION! OF THE HOLY BIBLE! but thats alright!

So the King James Version is the real Bible? And it's the first bible? I thought it was published in 1611....Wasn't the guttenberg bible published way before that?

Real Bible huh? I didn't know the JEW Jesus Christ spoke in old English...I thought he spoke Hebrew.

You are teaching me alot today.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

OH YEA BACK FIRE! GOTTA BE A MUSLUM! BLESS YA ! AND LONG LIFE TO YA! THIS IS THE USA!!! GET YOU SOME!!!!

BANE! I LOVE THE JEWS! AND YOU ALSO SHOULD IF YOUR OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER!!!!!!! IF NOT I FEEL FOR YOU COME JUDGEMENT DAY!!!!!!

Tim I think you are borderline crazy. My post said nothing about hating jews.

• Upvote 2

This is an incredibly touching article, and I would hate for the post to be taken down because of the ensuing comments, which have NOTHING to do with the article. PLEASE don't hijack posts with religious debates!

Let's focus on the issue at hand - the plight of the Iraqi people. I learned a great deal from reading this.

Thanks very much for posting! :)

• Upvote 3

This is an incredibly touching article, and I would hate for the post to be taken down because of the ensuing comments, which have NOTHING to do with the article. PLEASE don't hijack posts with religious debates!

Let's focus on the issue at hand - the plight of the Iraqi people. I learned a great deal from reading this.

Thanks very much for posting! :)

I certainly agree with that. These folks need a government who cares about them. They need to form soon and try to get these peoples lives somewhere near normal

Tim.....just for you information.

The Bible does not teach that we are all children of God. We do not become apart of the family of God until or unless we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. Which at that moment we become his children.

What the Bible does teach is that we are all born of the flesh and all have sinned and is doomed for judgement (in other words.....Hell).

While the Bible tells of God's love and he wishes none to perish.....and that we were all made in his image............it clearly states that we are not all his sons and daughters unless we are saved through his son ....Jesus our Lord.

Not trying to preach to your here Tim........but i see this misinformation repeated time and again........

Keep up the good fight brother, YIC Barbwire :)

We should remember that these things can very well happen here in USA again. Think of the power grabbers in this country. Do they think of the everyday American citizen. I am having my doubts. Try and remember how powerful our vote really is and hope that we can use it to make positive change.

This is a fantastic post!!! I Thank the author immensely because you described the situation so eloquently. This RV must occur not for investors or politicians, but for the people of iraq!

Again, great post, it's most appreciative !!!

I agree! Perhaps you, Scooter can put the argument to rest. Thank you!

Thanks for posting, Jopy. I'm new here, just ordered my dinars last week (hoping they arrive today). I've been very concerned about this issue. We all stand to gain a rather substantial windfall. But it comes at the price of another's suffering. The average Iraqi has no reliable water or electricity. About 3 million people are displaced or refugees in neighboring countries. There is a population of 30 million and they have vast oil reserves - just like my country, Canada. I can't begin to fathom what it would be like for that many people to be suffering when they should be so rich like we are.

I'm not so naive as to say that our profit from RV would be ill-gotten gains and we shouldn't do it. It is going to happen whether I stand on my high horse or not. That's just the way the world still works, unfortunately. But, along with taking care of myself and my family, I do intend to make sure that the ones hurting in Iraq also get some benefit out of this. I haven't had time to do my research yet, but I plan on directing a portion of my fortune to projects to help ordinary citizens rebuild - perhaps microcredit loans through Kiva. We all want this world to be a better place, even the cynics. I just want to do something about it. I'm not preachin', just sayin'. What are your thoughts?

• Upvote 1

This is a fantastic post!!! I Thank the author immensely because you described the situation so eloquently. This RV must occur not for investors or politicians, but for the people of iraq!

Again, great post, it's most appreciative !!!

Yes! It just shows you that. they need this more than anyone does. :lol: :lol: