Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Soros "Gold not safe"

Don Paul

Gold not safe?? He must mean it will go down in price eventually. When the world currency is worthless, gold will be the bargaining chip. It is to be a back plan and not for a money making scheme. Buy gold and hang on to it for generations as an insurance policy.

I'm thinking Soros isn't safe.

• Upvote 5

controversial perspective

from controersial financial guru

Video 1:18 minutes

http://www.reuters.com/news/video/story?videoId=158653924&videoChannel=2602

Bear in mind that Soros, who many think was kingmaker to Obama, does or says nothing that doesn't benefit his own financial situation. I find it ironic that Soros blames uncertainty for a potential "gold bubble" when his guy, Obama, has done nothing but govern in a way that encourages financial and social uncertainty. Part of an overall plan?

• Upvote 6

soros is a pile of crap that needs to be flushed down the toilet

I was hoping this would develop into more of an intelligent discussion since gold IS at an all time high (well, within $5).

Perhaps I can lead the way with something else:

Even though gold and silver are high, once the Dow starts getting kicked downstairs to the 8,600 level (and lower) I expect that Gold and Silver will decline.

But, while their nominal price will be coming down, what they will actually BUY seems likely to be shooting up.

comments?

Carpe Diem

• Upvote 2

I was hoping this would develop into more of an intelligent discussion since gold IS at an all time high (well, within $5).

Even though gold and silver are high, once the Dow starts getting kicked downstairs to the 8,600 level (and lower) I expect that Gold and Silver will decline.

But, while their nominal price will be coming down, what they will actually BUY seems likely to be shooting up.

comments?

Carpe Diem

Don,why don't you google gold and silver futures and see what the people that deal in that stuff daily have to say.We here are just a bunch of Dinar nuts!!

Semper Fi !!!

Because I have read from several posters on DV that they plan to buy gold as a safety hedge and wanted to get their perspective particularly, as I feel more akin to their thinking than futures traders who are usually just specualtors who NEVER take possesion of the futues contracts when they come to expiration date. Much like day traders.

A few weeks ago Glen Beck was saying that Soros was buying gold.

I am trying to understand the need to collect shiny soft rocks.

Here is some food for thought.

The programers have taught us that we will need gold when the economy fails, cities burning, riots in the streets, transportation stopped, no food in the stores, dollar worthless, etc...

If the stuff hits the fan would you trade gold for your families last meal or anything of true value?

How will you make change when dealing with gold?

Will we all be carrying scales with us?

How will we know the gold is real?

is there a gold test kit on the market?

Will you be able to buy the kit and scale with gold?

$$$$Hey what a great business to get into. Sell scales and gold test kits to people who will be buying and selling there goods with gold in the near future.$$$

All these people who have been programed to buy gold will be easy targets. We can call it "THE GOLD SURVIVAL KIT"

Feel free to use the idea. I am too busy reading this forum B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

comments?

Carpe Diem

Im no expert or guru on here but I do notice the relationship between gold and the USD. When the USD is down.... Gold is up and vise versa.

My question is that once the RV is done...... will the dollar rebound and gold fall. I would hate to make $3,m only to have the USD go up and cause gold to go back to $400/oz and you loose 2/3 of what you made.

Below is an article From Yahoo/forbes on the richest people in America.

George is on that list and it shows what his intrests are.

According to FORBS top 400 list, he is buying gold.

14. George Soros

Net Worth: $14.2 billion

Source: Investments

Residence: Westchester County, N.Y.

America's wealthiest hedge fund manager has been cashing out of U.S. equities lately and moving into gold, holding the equivalent of 16 tons of the stuff through a gold exchange-traded fund. Another big investment: liberal causes. Through his $2 billion Open Society Institute, Soros pledged $100 million to Human Rights Watch in September, in part to counteract America's loss of the "moral high ground." He also gave $50 million to the Robin Hood Foundation, a favorite of Wall Street types. The prolific philanthropist has given away more than $8 billion since 1979. Now the Hungarian immigrant is looking to Asia; he bought 4% of the Bombay Stock Exchange in August. Soros founded the predecessor to his Quantum Fund in 1969, later bringing in Jim Rogers, and he reportedly made $1 billion shorting the British pound with Stanley Druckenmiller in 1992. He locked out new investors in 2000; much of Quantum Endowment Fund's $20 billion in assets are said to be his.

Edited by kingfish

I have come across very credible information that gold is being artificially suppressed for some obvious reasons.

If Soro's has an inside track to that information, then he is being a bit 2 faced.

I also remember that in WW2, you could of bought a HOUSE for 5 GRAMS of gold.

I just wonder if it still is the hedge of all hedges, considering that even the US government was caught selling tainted bars to China.

Think you have it a little backwards.

Paper is what is not safe. Paper is what fluctuates.

Gold is the constant.

They said in 1920 you could buy a custom

taylored Mens suit for $20 and you could pay

for it with a $20 bill (paper money) or a $20

Gold (1 ounce ) Coin.

Today you could NOT buy it with the paper money

buy you could still buy it with the 1 ounce Gold Coin.

If you want to protect your portfolio from inflation

invest a percetage of your savings in precious metals..

• Upvote 1

This is just a thought I picked up from another forum and it made a bit of sense. What if our society turned into a paperless, that is, a no currency electronic society. We use a credit or debit card to carry on transactions and a lot times I have just a dollar in my wallet, I go to the grocery store or anywhere else to buy things we need and pay for it with a debit card. Now we know we need money in our account and most people now days have their paychecks (if they are fortunate enough to have a job) going directly into our accounts electronically. There wouldn't be a need for Gold or Silver which would solve a few problems. So go ahead and give me your thoughts!

wink.gif

Edited by Blue-Duck
  • Upvote 1

Who would believe the man that broke the bank of the United Kingdom? Not me!

Read more on this Soros who I would not trust with my grand child's piggy bank.

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30874-history-of-foreign-exchange-5-events-that-changed-the-world/page__p__190259__hl__george%20soros__fromsearch__1entry190259

This is just a thought I picked up from another forum and it made a bit of sense. What if our society turned into a paperless, that is, a no currency electronic society. We use a credit or debit card to carry on transactions and a lot times I have just a dollar in my wallet, I go to the grocery store or anywhere else to buy things we need and pay for it with a debit card. Now we know we need money in our account and most people now days have their paychecks (if they are fortunate enough to have a job) going directly into our accounts electronically. There wouldn't be a need for Gold or Silver which would solve a few problems. So go ahead and give me your thoughts!

wink.gif

Until the currency is backed by Gold which is a constant it

would not matter whether it was all electronic or not.

• Upvote 1

Until the currency is backed by Gold which is a constant it

would not matter whether it was all electronic or not.

I do think this could help our country immeasurably but do you think that there is any possibility that our currency can once agasin be backed by gold, unless of course new privatized banks were to formed? Do you have any ideas how the USA could easily return to the gold and silver standard? This is something I think about daily yet is seems like a fantasy because there is no control over the Federal Reserve.

Jac I couldnt agree with you more.

Debt based currencies have only a given lifespan. Guess it is easier to base the dollar on debt than on something tangible but limited.

We rent our money from the Fed Reserve on top of that. Problem is that over-printing leads to inflation, which is just a fancy word of making the money in your pocket worth less. At least a pickpocket requires a physical effort.

To Blue_duck

I cant imagine how you would prefer a completely electronic money system.

Do you realize that what you are now buying with your 'card' is already being added to your profile? hope you dont check out the wrong kinda books either.

If having your bank account frozen now due to 'questionablbe' usage, without some cash you'd be dead in the water instantly...

kinda loooonnng ways from being 'innocent till proven guilty' days

and of course, you would then have to pay taxes (again) on even the stuff you sold in your garage sell. yea... sign me up

Edited by Don Paul
  • Upvote 2

wink.gif

True, but the flip side of it is, what if US economic collapse, Gold and silver will be the only thing that still has it's value. Gold and silver are the only things that has held it's value from the begininng of time.

Remember the dollar in your wallet is backed by gold. Indictment of US monetary policy. United States now has $25 trillion in domestic debt which must be serviced, whereas the M2 money supply is only $7 trillion. This sets the stage for the economic collapse if something doesn't happen. The government can either go into default work or print fake money to dilute real wealth. U.S. is busy printing lots of fake money. That’s what the recent $300 billion injection of “new money” was. It was used to allegedly stabilize the stock market. With that it would take a 7.1% added payroll tax to service our current debt, an amount that would break the backs of most families. Unemployment is at a all time high.

Just some thoughts

Dumbnar

• Upvote 1

controversial perspective

from controersial financial guru

Video 1:18 minutes

http://www.reuters.com/news/video/story?videoId=158653924&videoChannel=2602

You people on here crack me up. So if the US holds 5.5 trillion dinar and it rv's at $2-$3. Wont that pretty much wipe out the deficit. Then the price of gold will drop. The only reason gold has been soaring is because people are afraid of the dollar and the stock market. They are just trying to protect what they have got. But with the deficit pretty much gone and all the investors once again confident in the us and the dollar they will get out of gold and get back into business as usual.

I'm not saying gold and silver is a bad investment because I own ALOT, but if this RV really does happen gold will drop back down below 1,000.

Maybe soros know something big is fixin to happen? Like an RV

• Upvote 1