Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Petraeus warns of the consequences of burning of copies of the Koran

VIZIOIRAQI

Petraeus warns of the consequences of burning of copies of the Koran on the lives of soldiers in AfghanistanFeelings of anger and protests in Kabul .. The White House expresses concern > Vatican : Call inconsistent with our faith and our belief09/08/2010david_petraues_16062010.jpgKabul and Washington: «Middle East » - The commander of international forces in Afghanistan, General David Petraeus, that if the U.S. carried out its church publicly burned the Quran on September 11 (September ), this will put lives of U.S. soldiers in danger. Church plans « Dove World Outreach Center » Baptist in Florida to burn COPIES publicly in the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks in the United States .

He said Petraeus in an interview with the newspaper « Wall Street Journal » the day before yesterday that if the project was implemented it would serve the interests of the Taliban in Afghanistan. The « command at the same time threaten the lives of soldiers and international efforts » . He said « this is exactly what he is doing the Taliban , and can lead to significant problems. Not only here but all over the world , where we are in Muslim communities » . And called the church to the burning of copies of the Koran on September 11 in front of its headquarters in Gainesville (500 km north-east of Miami), also called on other religious centers to do the same, and commemorating the victims of abuse and to combat « Satan Islam » .

For his part, the Church pastor Terry Jones fears Petraeus « is not in place » . However, he said in a statement to the newspaper « Wall Street Journal »:« We must send a clear message to Islamic extremists. We will not remain prisoners of fear and threats » .

The White House yesterday for « concern » about the U.S. invited the Church to burn a copy of the Koran in atheist of September (September ) current . He said White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said the invitation « put our troops at risk , and any activity of this kind imperils our troops is a source of concern for our management » . The American Baptist Church in Florida, Southeast United States has decided to publicly burned the Koran in the atheist of September mark the ninth anniversary of the attacks that occurred on this date in 2001 .

The violations of assumption of U.S. soldiers against the Koran in Afghanistan and Iraq in the past to fuel tensions and sometimes violent demonstrations . His comments came Petraeus said in a statement after angry demonstrations in the capital Kabul to protest the planned church to burn copies of the Koran, said Maj. Gen. William Caldwell , commander of the training mission of NATO forces in Afghanistan, that news of plans for the Church of Florida to burn the Quran raises already feelings of anger In Afghanistan. He said «We feel strongly that this may jeopardize the safety of our men and women who serve here » . Afghanistan has seen protests and riots in protest against acts offensive to Islam , was the heaviest protests that occurred after the publication of satirical cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him , on the pages of newspaper, Denmark in 2006 . U.S. church plans to burn copies of the Koran in the courtyard of the church.

The Vatican yesterday the call launched by the U.S. church to burn the Koran at the atheist of September (September ) and considered that this call is incompatible with the Christian faith . Newspaper « Friday's L'Osservatore Romano » speaking on behalf of the Vatican , Bishop of Lahore and the President of the Episcopal Conference of Pakistan , Lawrence John Saldanha said: « We strongly condemn this faith and this campaign that are inconsistent with due respect for all religions, and contrary to our faith and our belief » . For its part, issued the newspaper « Friday's L'Osservatore Romano » Tuesday , carrying the title « No one should have to burn the Koran » host « convictions rising all over the world, that is the most powerful voices that rise from Asia, particularly those of the Catholic Church » condemning the initiative of this American church to burn a copy of the Koran.

It condemned the Secretary General of NATO, Anders Fogh Rasmussen yesterday by calling on evangelical church in Florida to the burning of a copy of the Koran in memory of the September 11 attacks (September ), emphasizing that it is endangering the lives of international troops in Afghanistan at risk.

http://www.akhbaar.org/wesima_articles/index-20100908-96407.html

• Upvote 1

He must not understand they are already trying to kill any American they can. They will continue to still try and kill our troops if the books are burned or not. Please quit crying about it General and kick their arses. It's about time somebody done something to bring the maggots out of their little caves.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

He must not understand they are already trying to kill any American they can. They will continue to still try and kill our troops if the books are burned or not. Please quit crying about it General and kick their arses. It's about time somebody done something to bring the maggots out of their little caves.

I don't have a problem with it, as long as he bought and payed for them, same for any other book. He has that rightmellow.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Thats what i was thinking. It will bring them out of the wood works and they can shoot them like their paid to do. I was in the military once as well, its not a vacation over there. And i never heard of winning a war by making the enemy happy. We just have a country full of babies thats all. And i bet you will never see such an outcry by the media if someone was burning bibles.

Edited by crewdog
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Wow, I'm shocked at these responses. How un-American.

Maybe we should burn those damn Federalist Papers, they're probably bought and paid for too so who cares. All this crap about respect for individual rights, the silly ideas about religious tolerance and personal latitude to formulate one's own political beliefs, that those dudes with the silly wigs spun into the Bill of Rights.

To ask as Americans you think again would be premature.

Maynard

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

This "Pastor" is crazy, He has no idea what he is doing. I see another fanatic with his stupid idea. I watched on the news today while they interviewed this guy. Are you kidding me, he had a Glock sitting at his desk. What message is this "Pastor" trying to send. I only hope our troops do not receive any backlash from this man's ignorance. God Bless our Troops!

• Upvote 5

You all are missing the best part of this. The Rev at the church where this is happening is a hoot. The local press has no idea of how to deal with him. They just can not understand anyone who is calling out the terrorist fridge of the muslim community. It has been fun to watch. I guess this issue more complicated than the Rev understands, because he actually used the words "illegal immigration" when answering another question that was asked of him. We southerners and floridians are just not as smart as the local or national press core.

The ones realy driving this is the press. they don t have to report on somthing 50 odd religous extreamist are doing in Florida. Besides they have the right to conduct thier protest just like the new black panthers, the kkk etc. If you ignore thier protest it looses all meaning.

Edited by mrbadwrench
  • Upvote 4

God's words:

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. [Matthew 7:12]

this is not a ' book ' its an evil manifesto, like mien kamph.....its total garbage, and its what those animals will use to justify killing you

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Did the general forget how they were jumping with joy when 9/11 happened??????? I saw people all over the Middle East celebrating!!! Where were the muslism then???

God forbid if one paster speaksagains them!!! I think the country should grow some ball***** and rise up agains them and Iran but Obama is week!! All talk &bullshi**** president!!!!

• Upvote 2

Really didn't wanna touch this one...lol. Sad thing is, others in our very own country burn our flag, the national symbol of history of who we are. I can't remember seeing the bible burnt within our country though...... They place their own flags above ours in our very own country as well as ours being flown upside down. Yes, I'm disgusted at what has happened in the United States the freedoms we have been given by our founding fathers of which we have taken total advantage of and pretty much ruined it for ourselves.

What many of us fail to understand is that most wars are about religion in one form or another when it comes to the end. Profits from war torn countries IMO falls behind that in this instance.

Strategically we're staged against Iran without a doubt. We all know the complexities of the Middle East just in dealing with the one country most of us are concerned about right now.....Iraq.

When you look at the faith's involved here and that there are approximately 30,000,000 Yes that's 30 Million Muslims worldwide and that they are everywhere, yes this will draw them out, but do we really want that in a worldwide sense? The last paragraph above says alot.....if you have faith.

The Vatican yesterday the call launched by the U.S. church to burn the Koran at the atheist of September (September ) and considered that this call is incompatible with the Christian faith . Newspaper « Friday's L'Osservatore Romano » speaking on behalf of the Vatican , Bishop of Lahore and the President of the Episcopal Conference of Pakistan , Lawrence John Saldanha said: « We strongly condemn this faith and this campaign that are inconsistent with due respect for all religions, and contrary to our faith and our belief » . For its part, issued the newspaper « Friday's L'Osservatore Romano » Tuesday , carrying the title « No one should have to burn the Koran » host « convictions rising all over the world, that is the most powerful voices that rise from Asia, particularly those of the Catholic Church » condemning the initiative of this American church to burn a copy of the Koran.

Now this Pastor may be a hoot, but seriously? The worldwide implications of this would be horrendous IMO, if you think about the incidents that have happened in the past, yes the hornets nest will be stirred and very active, more so than it is now to the point of another worldwide situation that most of us do not wish to see in our lifetimes. Maybe I'm being a bit cautious and reading to much into it, but in of history, how long has the world, yes I said the world had issues with the Middle East? Now you factor that in with the racist, Islamic, and other militias of hatred that mean harm, and those folks are on our very own country's streets. We've still got a couple days to see this unfold, I'm hoping personally that this guy stands down on this, as I would not want to see any Americans that are at this rally get hurt, let alone anyone else. If there is intervention I will be surprised, now common sense would be a really good factor, I really don't like hornets, but will swat them if necessary. B)

• Upvote 6

Really didn't wanna touch this one...lol. Sad thing is, others in our very own country burn our flag, the national symbol of history of who we are. I can't remember seeing the bible burnt within our country though...... They place their own flags above ours in our very own country as well as ours being flown upside down. Yes, I'm disgusted at what has happened in the United States the freedoms we have been given by our founding fathers of which we have taken total advantage of and pretty much ruined it for ourselves.

What many of us fail to understand is that most wars are about religion in one form or another when it comes to the end. Profits from war torn countries IMO falls behind that in this instance.

Strategically we're staged against Iran without a doubt. We all know the complexities of the Middle East just in dealing with the one country most of us are concerned about right now.....Iraq.

When you look at the faith's involved here and that there are approximately 30,000,000 Yes that's 30 Million Muslims worldwide and that they are everywhere, yes this will draw them out, but do we really want that in a worldwide sense? The last paragraph above says alot.....if you have faith.

Now this Pastor may be a hoot, but seriously? The worldwide implications of this would be horrendous IMO, if you think about the incidents that have happened in the past, yes the hornets nest will be stirred and very active, more so than it is now to the point of another worldwide situation that most of us do not wish to see in our lifetimes. Maybe I'm being a bit cautious and reading to much into it, but in of history, how long has the world, yes I said the world had issues with the Middle East? Now you factor that in with the racist, Islamic, and other militias of hatred that mean harm, and those folks are on our very own country's streets. We've still got a couple days to see this unfold, I'm hoping personally that this guy stands down on this, as I would not want to see any Americans that are at this rally get hurt, let alone anyone else. If there is intervention I will be surprised, now common sense would be a really good factor, I really don't like hornets, but will swat them if necessary. B)

Honestly If we as a country show weekness to what they think of the actions of one pastors we have problems...... I'm not even of his faith but lets get for real!!! Hell keep on showing our weakness so they know how to attack us!!! Boy where is the people like our founding fathers??? Are there any??? Can anyone stand up for the our BIBLE???

DID YOU ALL FORGET ABOUT 9/11??? Can WE ALL STAND UP FOR THIS GREAT COUNTRY??? DID EVERYONE FORGET THE WORDS IN GOD WE TRUST??? WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR YOU WILL BE UNDER SHARIA LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!11 WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!1 DO I HAVE TO KEEP SAYING IT?????? WHO ARE YOU DEFENDING??? THIS IS CRAZY!!!

Edited by tampa1000
  • Upvote 2

Remember when Jesus came in to the temple and saw everyone buying and selling on his Holly day of rest? Remember his actions??? Remember the story about Samson how he was given the strength at the end to destroy the temple and everone in there???

So do you think we should destroy all Muslims?

The ones realy driving this is the press. they don t have to report on somthing 50 odd religous extreamist are doing in Florida. Besides they have the right to conduct thier protest just like the new black panthers, the kkk etc. If you ignore thier protest it looses all meaning.

I have to agree with you!!! the press in this country is agains what our country is all about!!! So they make a big deal about something that most people would be for!!! WHAT IF SOMEONE WAS BURNING A BIBLE? WHAT IF SOMEONE WANTED TO PRAY IN SCHOOLS? WHAT IF SOMEONE WAS BURNING A FLAG??? WOULD THE PRESS BE ALL OVER THIS? OUR FLAG IS BURNED ALL THE TIME IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND WHERE ARE THE MUSLIMS TO DEFEND OUR GREAT COUNTRY WHO IS THERE TO SAVE THERE AS******* THE DEMS NEED TO GROW SOME BAL**** and WAKE UP OR WE WILL SOON LOOSE OUR FREEDOM!!!

• Upvote 2

So do you think we should destroy all Muslims?

I DID NOT SAY THAT? WHAT AN EVEIL THOUGHT!!! BUT THEY NEED A CRASH COURSE IN WHAT IS RIGHT!!! AND I'M TALKING ABOUT STADING UP AGAINS SHARIA LAW!!! IT HAS NO PLACE IN THIS WORLD!!!!! READ ABOUT IT, WHY ARE THE DEMS NOT SPEAKING OUT AGAINS THIS!!!!!!!!!!! GOD SAVE AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I DID NOT SAY THAT? WHAT AN EVEIL THOUGHT!!! BUT THEY NEED A CRASH COURSE IN WHAT IS RIGHT!!! AND I'M TALKING ABOUT STADING UP AGAINS SHARIA LAW!!! IT HAS NO PLACE IN THIS WORLD!!!!! READ ABOUT IT, WHY ARE THE DEMS NOT SPEAKING OUT AGAINS THIS!!!!!!!!!!! GOD SAVE AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!

So is God going to Bless a Muslim country with a RV?

Honestly If we as a country show weekness to what they think of the actions of one pastors we have problems...... I'm not even of his faith but lets get for real!!! Hell keep on showing our weakness so they know how to attack us!!! Boy where is the people like our founding fathers??? Are there any??? Can anyone stand up for the our BIBLE???

DID YOU ALL FORGET ABOUT 9/11??? Can WE ALL STAND UP FOR THIS GREAT COUNTRY??? DID EVERYONE FORGET THE WORDS IN GOD WE TRUST??? WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR YOU WILL BE UNDER SHARIA LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!11 WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!1 DO I HAVE TO KEEP SAYING IT?????? WHO ARE YOU DEFENDING??? THIS IS CRAZY!!!

Do not think for one moment that I have forgotten about 9/11, first and foremost I'm a fireman, and 344 of my brothers perished because of that. You're not showing a weakness by burning a Koran, you're showing a weakness in doing it by being hateful and spiteful. Lowering yourself to the level of the very individuals who conducted the homocidal missions in the US and around the world.

If you've seen on the news, all the different faith religious leaders in that township got together and had a vigil today, hopefully with good outcome, and that's all I'm trying to say, there is a better way to settle differences than trying to incite more hatred than we already have in the world. AS I'm sure you're aware, I spent 52 months in Iraq standing up for what I believe in. I'm quite aware of the Muslim/Islamic way's and the extremist ways as well as I've experienced them both. 9-11 has seen it's Vengeance, and it's not over by any means. I've got a safe full of nice toys, Sharia Law will never happen where I live. Nobody needs to WAKE me up.

• Upvote 4

Do not think for one moment that I have forgotten about 9/11, first and foremost I'm a fireman, and 344 of my brothers perished because of that. You're not showing a weakness by burning a Koran, you're showing a weakness in doing it by being hateful and spiteful. Lowering yourself to the level of the very individuals who conducted the homocidal missions in the US and around the world.

If you've seen on the news, all the different faith religious leaders in that township got together and had a vigil today, hopefully with good outcome, and that's all I'm trying to say, there is a better way to settle differences than trying to incite more hatred than we already have in the world. AS I'm sure you're aware, I spent 52 months in Iraq standing up for what I believe in. I'm quite aware of the Muslim/Islamic way's and the extremist ways as well as I've experienced them both. 9-11 has seen it's Vengeance, and it's not over by any means. I've got a safe full of nice toys, Sharia Law will never happen where I live. Nobody needs to WAKE me up.

Chief very well said I agree 100%. I am in Iraq working with Muslims and most of them are just like you and I.

• Upvote 3

I want to say this loud and clear I am disgusted by what I have read on this thread!!!!!

I am an Iraqi War Veteran and have lost several of my close friends in Iraq while serving my country. I myself was injuried and now I am medically retired from the US Army. I never thought on this website that I would see so much stupidity. Common Sense is something most people take for granted, but not me I can see it come and go in an instant. Burning of the Koran is stupid it servers no purpose except to put more of my brothers and sisters in the cross hairs of not the terrorist but everyday muslims... Just think if you had done nothing wrong and someone burned your holy book you would be irate. This pastor should be arrested for a hate crime and inciting violence. The vast majority of muslims have done nothing wrong, and there is not reason to attack them in this manner. The only way to dent terrorism is to prevent or slow the recruiting of regular muslims into terrorists.

I want to put this into perspective for everyone. After the 9/11 attack (a few muslims) the US Military seen a huge spike in recruitment to defend our country. What exactly do you think will happen after this pastor (a few) attacks muslims everywhere by burning the Koran? The enemy or Taliban or any other Muslim extremist will have fresh material to recruit new younger muslims. This is a stupid idea and to announce it publicly is only because the pastor is starving for attention nothing more....

I will leave you all with one thought. Even if you agree with the burning of the Koran is it worth costing another Soldiers life because they will be attacked and not by the terroist you believe it will bring out, but by regular everyday muslims who are extremely hurt by a misguided pastors attempt to get some attention and his 15 minutes of fame.

I would tell you that there is no way in the world the burning of the Koran or anything it symbolizes is worth the needless loss of another Soldiers life.

Also for all you motivated by money i can guarentee this will delay the forming of the GOI so the RV will be further delayed because of the riots in Iraq and the politicians trying to contain the masses and mobs....

This is a sad day on DV. :(

Iraqi Vet05-07

• Upvote 9